Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Synchro Dorm lesson #3: Card Economics.

4 posters

Go down

Synchro Dorm lesson #3: Card Economics. Empty Synchro Dorm lesson #3: Card Economics.

Post by Kira Yoshikage Mon May 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Hello everybody. Marth, your new Synchro teach here. I'd like to start MY first lesson for you, and your third, by going over something that all Synchro decks and duelists face. That is something I call "Card Economics." Generally 9 out of 10 Synchro decks are combo based, meaning they rely on various cards to see their plays go through. Most noteably decks like Synchron, Speedroid, Six Samurai, Plants and Blackwings. These decks rely on quick ways of searching their cards and/or recycling spent resources, as many Synchro decks burn through cards fairly quickly, leaving you with an empty hand, and generally thin deck with no follow-up in case their play is answered. It is best to build your deck specifically to pull off your plays with ease without spending too many resources, and conserving a follow-up if their board is broken, or they see an opening to OTK. Certain Synchros, like Naturia Beast or Barkion, "Chaofeng, Phantom of the Yang Zing", "Crimson Blader," "Blackwing Armor Master," "Beelze of the Diabolical Dragons, or "Stardust Dragon" are ideal for stunning the opponent before the kill. Also, some Synchro decks rely on a heavy trap lineup to stun the opponent until they find their opening, or go all in for an OTK before the opponent can even establish a presence or respond.
Keep in mind that many Synchro decks rely on many pieces for their combos to happen, and most of them do not "Float" like many Xyz or Fusion based decks do. T.G. and Yang Zing do not float unless destroyed, meaning that they dont gain their effects as easily as Shaddoll, Burning Abyss, Phantom Knight or Lunalight do in grave (X-Sabers have one monster that lets them search at the end phase, called "Darksoul, and Blackwings have one as well, named "Pinaki the Waxing Moon".). That is why the concept of "Card Economics" Or managing your resources and combo pieces with care is important. Finally, it is best to build your decks focused around your essential plays. For example, Yang Zings generally like to lock with Chaofeng. Six Samurai enjoy wielding Naturia Beast and Nat Barkion to stun until they can flood the field with Shi Ens and push for damage, generally. Also, some Synchro decks use the rank-4 toolbox to clear out any issues that stand in the way of their plays so that their resources and turn dont go to waste, and they dont lose the duel. Finally, siding is also difficult for some Synchro decks. You generally just side out cards that arent essential to your plays so that you dont brick terribly, and you can still counter your matchup. In example, Synchrons would side out a card like Forbidden Lance or Jar of Avarice. I hope this lesson helped all of you aspiring Synchro duelists.
Homework is being thought of for the near future. I will post it when I'm ready. Thanks for "Tuning" in! Razz
Your local birdbrain!
Shadow/Noctis/Marth.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Synchro Dorm lesson #3: Card Economics. Empty Re: Synchro Dorm lesson #3: Card Economics.

Post by Kiernan Mon May 02, 2016 11:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(For all those who didn't see the original typo)

Also pure Yang Zings' synchro summons are largely dependent on the matchup. They don't (or shouldn't) drop Chaofeng lightly, and a well-timed Trish can devastate the opponent significantly more than Chaofeng. Chaofeng is not the goal. Just an end to the means.

Other than that, this was a nice read.
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Synchro Dorm lesson #3: Card Economics. Empty Re: Synchro Dorm lesson #3: Card Economics.

Post by Kira Yoshikage Mon May 02, 2016 11:14 pm

This is true, I was just stating one of the major power plays the deck has before it goes in for the kill.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Mon May 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Ah. Well you know me. Can't not focus on the YZ aspect. lol
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Leòmhann Tue May 03, 2016 9:51 am

Ok I am gonna post here now while it is new so as to prevent a necropost AGAIN.

I agree with you cause I tend to find that if I build the deck and it has lots of cards for one combo it tends to sometimes get negated and then I am just trying to hold of the inevitable defeat cause I spent all my resources in that one play. Accel Synchro decks have the biggest problem with this. Synchron has several ways to get into Quasar and recycles in the process but if Quasar or whatever Accel Synchro you summoned dies you are screwed cause you spent all of your resources and don't have anything to come back with. And Synchron Accel decks are pretty much dead now that the draw power for them is dead. The draw power was the only way to protect your Accel Synchro besides it's own built in ways of protection. So Accel Decks are an all or nothing deck most of the time.
Leòmhann
Leòmhann
Wind of Avayla

Magician Credits : 525
Admins Comment : Glow Expires on September 19th

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Tue May 03, 2016 11:22 am

it is becuse of the difficulty with protecitng your big bosses that i like cards like beelzeus and king calamity so much, they either have built in protection or can replace themselves upon death (and since i usually wanna have a belial ready i can in most scenarios bring calamity back) sadly resonators lack in ways to get cards from the deck and come back if your stopped mid combo
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down