Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

How to find a deck or character that bests suits you

Go down

How to find a deck or character that bests suits you Empty How to find a deck or character that bests suits you

Post by Flint Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:49 pm

A majority of my posts relate to either Yu-Gi-Oh or Smash Bros. And posts like these, talk about both at the same time.

Step 1: Know yourself

Important questions to ask yourself like wondering what kind of player are you and what playstyle do you enjoy. Are you an aggressive player? Do you prefer being in control? Are you a defensive player that prefers to zone and aggravate your opponent? After you know what kind of playstyle you enjoy the most, you move on to the next step.

Step 2: Testing

Now that you've found out what kind of playstyle, you take a list of decks or characters and play them, rotate around them and find which characters you enjoy and follow your playstyle and find which characters you don't enjoy playing. As I said in my "[Competitive] Choice and Loyalty" post; "If you set your main character or deck in stone without exploring further, you might have just permanently disclose a potential option that you would have possibly have been happier with. After all, how could you be confident in what you have unless you truly know what else is out there?" which is relevant here as well, so don't be afraid to try out a lot of characters or test out a lot of decks.

Step 3: Decide

Now that you've tested a couple decks and characters, it's time to narrow down which ones that you like and among those, you find the ones that you will be using. Obviously in Yu-Gi-Oh you can pick a whole lot of decks to use and even be really good with them but the same transition doesn't work for Smash Bros. It's generally recommended for Smash Bros. to not pick too many mains, having more than 3 by most people's standards is excessive. Generally because you have to put in work, practice, muscle memory and experiance while using the character. And when I use the term "main", it's under the assumption that these characters are going to be used in serious tournament level. This is different than secondaries which are characters people use when sandbagging or for fun mostly (Captain Falcon).

Remember, picking a fun deck or character is much more easier to master.

If you have any criticisms or questions, I'd like to hear them.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down