Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] Extra Pack 2015 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] Extra Pack 2015 Rulings Empty [OCG] Extra Pack 2015 Rulings

Post by Stardog Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:43 am

Extra Pack 2015 Rulings

Q: If I have Archfiend Eccentrick in my Pendulum Zone, am I able to Special Summon Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Rubik, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, or Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss from my hand using their effects?
A: Since Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones are treated as Spell Cards, even if there are no Spell/Trap Cards in your Spell & Trap Zone, you still have a Spell Card on your side of the field. Therefore, in this situation, you cannot activate the Special Summoning effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If I have Embodiment of Apophis treated as a monster in my Monster Zone, am I able to Special Summon Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Rubik, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, or Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss from my hand using their effects?
A: If Embodiment of Apophis became a Normal Monster after being Special Summoned by its own effect, it is still also treated as a Trap Card, so even though Embodiment of Apophis is in your Monster Zone, you cannot activate the Special Summoning effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc.

Q: If the effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Rubik, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, or Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that Special Summons it from my hand is activated, but my opponent chains Vanity’s Emptiness, how does the effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, since you cannot Special Summon as a result of the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness, the Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc. that activated its effect remains in your hand.

Q: If the effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Rubik, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, or Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that Special Summons it from my hand is activated, and then I chain Mystical Space Typhoon from my hand, how does the effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, when the effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc. was activated, and you had no Spell/Trap Cards on your side of the field, even if you chain Mystical Space Typhoon from your hand, the effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc. applies normally and it is Special Summoned.

Q: Tour Guide From the Underworld is face-up on my side of the field. In this situation, can I still Normal Summon Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Rubik, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, or Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss face-up?
A: Even if you have a monster on your side of the field that is not a “Burning Abyss” monster, you can Normal Summon Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc. In that case, Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc. is destroyed by its own effect.

Q: Are Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Rubik, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, and Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss destroyed by their own effects if I have a face-down Defense Position monster on my side of the field?
A: If you have a face-down Defense Position monster on your side of the field, and a monster such as Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss face-up, since a monster that is not a “Burning Abyss” monster is on your side of the field, Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc. is destroyed by its own effect.

Q: If a Beatrice, the Eternal Lady is face-up on my side of the field, and a face-down Defense Position Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Rubik, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, or Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is attacked by an opponent’s monster, will its effect that destroys it be applied?
A: The effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc. that destroys it is a Continuous Effect, and stops applying if that monster is destroyed by battle, in which case it will be sent to the Graveyard at the end of the Damage Step normally. It should be noted that if Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, etc. is not destroyed by this battle, it is destroyed by its own effect after damage calculation.

Q: If Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss was sent to the Graveyard this turn, but is removed from the Graveyard before the End Phase, can I still activate its effect that adds a Level 3 DARK Fiend-Type monster from my Deck to my hand?
A: The effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is an effect that activates in the Graveyard, during the End Phase of the turn it was sent to the Graveyard. If Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is removed from your Graveyard before the End Phase, you cannot activate its effect.

Q: If Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase, can I activate its effect that adds a Level 3 DARK Fiend-Type monster from my Deck to my hand immediately?
A: The effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss does not create a chain at the time it is sent to the Graveyard. Therefore, even if Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase, you cannot activate its effect immediately at that time. Similarly, if Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is discarded for your hand size limit, you cannot activate the effect of Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss.

(This ruling is telling you that the effect does not activate in response to Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss being sent to the Graveyard, like the other “Burning Abyss” monsters, but rather activates in an open gamestate. This ruling does NOT mean that you would not be able to use the effect during the same End Phase; you simply need to wait for the gamestate to open during the End Phase. Although if Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is discarded for hand size limit, you do not have an opportunity to activate its effect at all.)

Q: Hero Mask is activated by targeting Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss. In this case, will Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss be destroyed by its own effect?
A: In this scenario, when Hero Mask resolves, Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is treated as having the name of the “Elemental HERO” monster sent to the Graveyard, and is no longer considered a “Burning Abyss” monster. Therefore, Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is destroyed by its own effect.

Q: Can the effect of Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss Special Summon Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss or Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss from the Graveyard?
A: Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss must be Ritual Summoned, while Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss must be Fusion Summoned, and neither can be Special Summoned by other ways. Therefore, neither Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss nor Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss can be targeted with the effect of Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss.

Q: Can the effect of Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss be activated by targeting a Normal Monster or Token on the field?
A: No, a Normal Monster or Token cannot be targeted with the effect of Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss.

Q: Can the effect of Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss be activated by targeting a Cyber Harpie Lady on the field?
A: Yes, Cyber Harpie Lady can be targeted with the effect of Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss.

Q: If the effect of Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that banishes a monster on the field is activated, but Imperial Iron Wall is chained, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, if the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, the effect of Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is not applied. (The targeted monster will remain on the field.) While the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is already applying, the effect of Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss cannot be activated.

Q: Can I Special Summon Tour Bus From the Underworld with the effect of Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss?
A: The effect of Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss can Special Summon any Level 3 DARK Fiend-Type monster from your hand, even if it isn’t a “Burning Abyss” monster. Note that if you do Special Summon Tour Bus From the Underworld, since its effect is one that activates in the Graveyard, that effect will be applied normally and is not negated by Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss.

Q: If Macro Cosmos is chained to the effect of Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that sends a “Burning Abyss” Spell/Trap Card from my Deck to the Graveyard, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, due to the effect of Macro Cosmos, the “Burning Abyss” Spell/Trap Card you choose from your Deck is banished instead of sent to the Graveyard.

Q: If I only have 1 card left in my Deck, can I activate the effect of Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that places a “Burning Abyss” card on top of my Deck?
A: If you have 0 or 1 card left in your Deck, you cannot activate that effect of Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss. If you have 1 card left in your Deck when the effect of Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is resolving, reveal that card and then place it back in the Deck.

Q: I activate the effect of Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, by targeting Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Rubic, and Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow, and banishes Rubic, how does the effect of Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that activates in the Graveyard, even if 1 of the targeted cards is no longer in the Graveyard, the effect is applied normally. (In this scenario, Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss and Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss are banished, and your opponent takes 600 damage.)

Q: When activating the effect of Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss, do I have to select a target monster that has higher ATK and DEF than the ATK and DEF of the monster I sent from my hand to the Graveyard to activate it?
A: The effect of Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss can target any face-up monster on your opponent’s side of the field, even if its ATK and DEF are lower than the ATK and DEF of the monster you send to the Graveyard. For example, if you send Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss (ATK 1000/DEF 1500) from your hand to the Graveyard to activate this effect, you can target Alexandrite Dragon (ATK 2000/DEF 100), resulting in Alexandrite Dragon having 1000 ATK and 0 DEF.

Q: Can the first effect of Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss be activated by targeting a monster with 0 ATK and DEF?
A: You can target a monster with 0 ATK and DEF with the effect of Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss. For example, you can activate this effect by sending Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss (ATK 1300/DEF 700) from your hand to the Graveyard, targeting Battle Fader (ATK 0/DEF 0). Battle Fader will still have 0 ATK and DEF, but because the effect of Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss was applied, even if Battle Fader is then equipped with United We Stand and its ATK/DEF are increased, you must recalculate its ATK/DEF and include the decreased values.

Q: If the effect of Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss is activated by sending Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss to the Graveyard, but The Transmigration Prophecy is chained to this effect so that Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is no longer in the Graveyard when the effect of Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss resolves, is the effect applied?
A: Even if a monster that you sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of Malacoda, Netherlord of the Burning Abyss is no longer in the Graveyard when this effect resolves, the effect is applied normally. (In this scenario, since Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss was sent to the Graveyard, the targeted monster loses 1600 ATK and 1200 DEF.)

Q: If a Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss that I own changes control to my opponent by the effect of Creature Swap, and then it is destroyed by battle or card effect, can the effect that sends 1 random card from the opponent’s hand to the Graveyard be activated?
A: Even if Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss switched control to your opponent’s side of the field, and is then destroyed by battle, you can then activate its effect that sends 1 random card from your opponent’s hand to the Graveyard. (You, the owner of Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss, can activate the effect.) Also, if Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss switched control to your opponent’s side of the field, and is then sent to the Graveyard by a card effect, the effect that sends 1 random card from your opponent’s hand to the Graveyard cannot be activated.

Q: 2 copies of Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss that are in face-down Defense Position on my side of the field are flipped face-up at the same time by the effect of Ceasefire. In that case, how is the first effect of Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss applied?
A: Since you can only have 1 face-up Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss on your side of the field, in this scenario, you must destroy 1 of the 2 copies that are flipped face-up. Note that the destroyed Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss is not treated as having been destroyed by a card effect, so you cannot activate its effect to draw 1 card.

Q: Can the effect of Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss that shuffles an opponent’s card into the Deck be activated by targeting a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster?
A: A Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster can be targeted with the effect of Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss. (The targeted Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster is returned to the Extra Deck instead.)

Q: I have my opponent’s Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss in my hand that was added by the effect of Exchange. When activating the effect of Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss that shuffles an opponent’s card into the Deck, can I target the same Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that I discarded to my opponent’s Graveyard as a cost?
A: The effect of Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss cannot be activated if there are no cards on your opponent’s side of the field and Graveyard. In a situation in which your opponent does have cards on their side of the field or Graveyard, you can activate the effect of Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss by discarding your opponent’s Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss in your hand, and then target that same Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss to shuffle it into the Deck.

Q: My Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss becomes an Equip Card by the effect of my opponent’s Relinquished. If Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss is then destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon, can I activate its effect to draw 1 card?
A: In this scenario, you can activate the effect of Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss.

Q: If the effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is activated by detaching 1 Xyz Material, and sending 3 cards from the top of the Deck to the Graveyard, does Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss gain 1500 ATK? Or 2000?
A: If the effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is activated, it only gains 500 ATK for each card that was sent from the Deck to the Graveyard to activate the effect, and not the detached Xyz Material. Therefore, if 3 cards were sent from the Deck to the Graveyard, Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss gains 1500 ATK.

Q: The first effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is activated, so that it gains 500 ATK for each card that was sent from the Deck to the Graveyard to activate that effect. If Skill Drain is activated, and the effects of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss are negated, what will happen to the ATK of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss?
A: In this scenario, if the effects of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss are negated, its ATK will return to its original value of 1000. Note that if the effect of Skill Drain stops applying this turn, the ATK gain is not reapplied.

Q: Will the effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss that changes it to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase apply even if Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss attacks directly, or only if it attacks a monster?
A: The effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss that changes it to Defense Position will apply if it attacked, regardless if it was a direct attack or an attack on a monster.

Q: When Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss declares an attack, the attack is negated by Magic Cylinder. In that case, will Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss change to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase by its own effect?
A: In this scenario, if the attack made by Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss was negated by Magic Cylinder, the effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss that changes it to Defense Position is not applied.

Q: During the Battle Step, when Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss attacks, Forbidden Chalice is activated by targeting Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss, and its effects are negated. In this scenario, will the effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss that changes it to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase still apply?
A: The effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss that changes it to Defense Position applies at the end of the Battle Phase (in other words, the End Step). Therefore, in this scenario, if Forbidden Chalice was activated during the Battle Step while Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss was attacking, Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss will not change to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase.

Q: Can the effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss that adds a “Burning Abyss” card in the Graveyard to my hand when it is sent to the Graveyard target a Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss, Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss, or Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss?
A: The third effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss can target a Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss or Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss. (In that case, the targeted card is not added to your hand, but returned to the Extra Deck instead.) Note that this effect cannot target the same Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss, but if another copy is in your Graveyard, it can be targeted. (It returns to the Extra Deck instead of being added to your hand.)

Q: If Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is sent from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of Xyz Avenger, can I activate its effect that adds a “Burning Abyss” card in the Graveyard to my hand?
A: Even in this situation, you can activate that effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss.

Q: If the Xyz Summon of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is negated by the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh, can I activate the effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss that adds a “Burning Abyss” card in the Graveyard to my hand?
A: If the Xyz Summon of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is negated by Thunder King Rai-Oh, and Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is sent to the Graveyard as a result, you can activate the third effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss.

Q: If the Xyz Summon of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is negated by my opponent’s Great Horn of Heaven, can I activate the effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss that adds a “Burning Abyss” card in the Graveyard to my hand?
A: If the Xyz Summon of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is negated by your opponent’s Great Horn of Heaven, and Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss is sent to the Graveyard as a result, you can activate the third effect of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss. In that case, the effect will activate after the parts of the effect of Great Horn of Heaven that draw 1 card and end the Main Phase have finished resolving.

Q: While the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying, can the effect of Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss that activates in the Graveyard be used?
A: While the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying, since you cannot add a “Burning Abyss” card from your Deck to your hand, you cannot activate the second effect of Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss. (You also cannot pay the cost of sending a “Burning Abyss” monster from your hand to the Graveyard.)

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can the effect of Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss that activates in the Graveyard be used?
A: The cost to activate the second effect of Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss is to banish it from the Graveyard, and send 1 “Burning Abyss” monster from your hand to the Graveyard. While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, since you cannot send a “Burning Abyss” monster from your hand to the Graveyard, you cannot activate the second effect of Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss.

Q: Can the second effect of Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss add another copy of Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss from my Deck to my hand?
A: Yes, you can add another copy of Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss to your hand.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can The Terminus of the Burning Abyss be activated?
A: The Terminus of the Burning Abyss can be activated even while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying. In that case, the monsters used as Fusion Materials are banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard, but Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss is Fusion Summoned normally. Note that when you use a monster such as Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss as Fusion Material in this case, and it is not sent to the Graveyard, the effect of that monster that activates in the Graveyard cannot be used.

Q: If there are 2 copies of The Terminus of the Burning Abyss in my Graveyard that were sent there during a previous turn, can I activate the second effect of each copy, which increases the ATK and DEF of a targeted “Burning Abyss” monster by 800 until the end of my opponent’s turn?
A: If there are 2 copies of The Terminus of the Burning Abyss in your Graveyard that were sent there during a previous turn, you can activate both cards’ effects in the same turn. (If you target the same monster with both effects, that monster will gain 1600 ATK until the end of your opponent’s next turn.)

Q: A Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that was sent from my hand to the Graveyard this turn is banished by the effect of my opponent’s D.D. Crow. If I activate Burial from a Different Dimension this turn, and return Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss to the Graveyard, can it be targeted by The Traveler and the Burning Abyss?
A: In this scenario, if Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss was send to the Graveyard, banished from the Graveyard, and then returned to the Graveyard by the effect of Burial from a Different Dimension this turn, it is not treated as a monster that was sent to the Graveyard this turn. Therefore, in this case, Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss cannot be targeted by The Traveler and the Burning Abyss.

Q: The Traveler and the Burning Abyss is activated by targeting a Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, and Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that were sent to the Graveyard this turn. If my opponent chains Ojama Trio, so that the number of available Monster Zones I have is reduced to 2, how does The Traveler and the Burning Abyss resolve?
A: In this scenario, if Ojama Trio was chained to The Traveler and the Burning Abyss so that the number of available Monster Zones you have is reduced to 2, you can only Special Summon 2 of the 4 targeted monsters from your Graveyard. For example, if you choose to Special Summon Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss and Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss and Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss will remain in your Graveyard. This does not mean they are sent to the Graveyard again, so the effects of Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss and Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that activate in the Graveyard cannot be used.

Q: The Traveler and the Burning Abyss is activated by targeting a Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss and Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss that were sent to the Graveyard this turn. If my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow, banishing the targeted Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss from the Graveyard, how does The Traveler and the Burning Abyss resolve?
A: When resolving the effect, if only one out of the two targeted monsters is left in your Graveyard, the effect of The Traveler and the Burning Abyss is still applied. In this scenario, that means the targeted Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss is Special Summoned.

Q: Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss is activated by targeting 3 monsters on the field. If Compulsory Evacuation Device is chained, and one of the monsters targeted by Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss is removed from the field, how does its effect resolve?
A: Even in this case, the remaining 2 monsters targeted by Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss are destroyed.

Q: Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss is activated by targeting 3 face-up monsters on the field. If Book of Eclipse is chained, and the monsters targeted by Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss are changed to face-down Defense Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: Even in this case, since the 3 monsters targeted by Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss are still on the field, they are destroyed.

Q: While the effect of Degenerate Circuit is applying, can U.A. Mighty Slugger, U.A. Perfect Ace, U.A. Midfielder, U.A. Goalkeeper, U.A. Playmaker, U.A. Blockbacker, U.A. Dreadnought Dunker, or U.A. Rival Rebounder be Special Summoned by their own effects?
A: While the effect of Degenerate Circuit is applying, monsters that are returned to the hand are banished instead. Since you are unable to fulfil the Special Summoning requirement of returning a “U.A.” monster to your hand, you cannot Special Summon U.A. Mighty Slugger, etc. by its own effect.

Q: Can U.A. Mighty Slugger, U.A. Perfect Ace, U.A. Midfielder, U.A. Goalkeeper, U.A. Playmaker, U.A. Blockbacker, U.A. Dreadnought Dunker, and U.A. Rival Rebounder be Special Summoned by returning a “U.A.” monster that is owned by my opponent, but currently on my side of the field, to the hand?
A: When Special Summoning U.A. Mighty Slugger, etc. from your hand, you can return a “U.A.” monster on your side of the field that your opponent owns. In that case, that monster is returned to your opponent’s hand, and U.A. Mighty Slugger, etc. is Special Summoned normally.

Q: Can U.A. Mighty Slugger, U.A. Perfect Ace, U.A. Midfielder, U.A. Goalkeeper, U.A. Playmaker, U.A. Blockbacker, U.A. Dreadnought Dunker, and U.A. Rival Rebounder be Special Summoned by returning a Phantom of Chaos that has gained the name of a “U.A.” monster to the hand?
A: When Special Summoning U.A. Mighty Slugger, etc. from your hand, you can return a Phantom of Chaos treated as a “U.A.” monster on your side of the field to the hand. In that case, U.A. Mighty Slugger, etc. is Special Summoned normally.

Q: If U.A. Mighty Slugger attacks an opponent’s monster, but then U.A. Mighty Slugger itself is destroyed by battle, when will my opponent be able to activate card effects?
A: The effect of U.A. Mighty Slugger that prevents your opponent from activating cards or effects when it attacks is a Continuous Effect. If U.A. Mighty Slugger attacks and is destroyed by that battle, since its effect then stops applying, your opponent will be able to activate card effects starting after damage calculation.

Q: Can the effect of U.A. Perfect Ace that negates activations be chained in response to an opponent’s card effect that activates in the Graveyard?
A: Yes, it can. In that case, the activation is negated normally, but the card is not destroyed.

Q: If there are 2 copies of U.A. Perfect Ace on my side of the field, can I activate the effect of each copy during my opponent’s turn?
A: If there are 2 copies of U.A. Perfect Ace on your side of the field, you can activate their effects once each during your opponent’s turn.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, can the effect of U.A. Perfect Ace be activated?
A: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, the effect of U.A. Perfect Ace can be activated. In that case, the card discarded for the cost is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard, but the effect of U.A. Perfect Ace applies normally.

Q: The effect of U.A. Midfielder is activated by targeting U.A. Mighty Slugger. If Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained to this effect, and U.A. Mighty Slugger is no longer face-up on the field when the effect of U.A. Midfielder resolves, is that effect applied?
A: In this scenario, if the monster targeted by the effect of U.A. Midfielder is not face-up on the field when this effect resolves, it is not applied. (The targeted monster does not return to the hand, and the Special Summon does not occur.)

Q: The effect of U.A. Midfielder is activated by targeting U.A. Playmaker. If Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained to this effect, and U.A. Midfielder itself is no longer face-up on the field when its effect resolves, is that effect applied?
A: In this scenario, if U.A. Midfielder itself is not face-up on the field when its effect resolves, the effect is still applied normally. (The targeted monster is returned to the hand, and a different “U.A.” monster is Special Summoned from the hand.)

Q: The effect of U.A. Midfielder is activated by targeting U.A. Goalkeeper. If Vanity’s Emptiness is chained to this effect, how does the effect of U.A. Midfielder resolve?
A: In this scenario, if Vanity’s Emptiness is applying when the effect of U.A. Midfielder resolves, you will not be able to Special Summon monsters, so the part of the effect that returns the targeted monster to the hand is applied, but you cannot Special Summon a different monster from your hand. (In this situation, U.A. Goalkeeper returns to the hand and the effect finishes resolving.) Also, while the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is already applying, the effect of U.A. Midfielder cannot be activated.

Q: While the effect of Degenerate Circuit is applying, can the effect of U.A. Midfielder be activated?
A: While the effect of Degenerate Circuit is applying, the effect of U.A. Midfielder can be activated. In that case, due to the effect of Degenerate Circuit, the monster targeted with this effect is banished instead of returning to the hand, and a “U.A.” monster is not Special Summoned.

Q: The effect of U.A. Goalkeeper is activated by targeting U.A. Blockbacker. If Book of Moon is chained, and U.A. Blockbacker is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect of U.A. Goalkeeper resolve?
A: In this scenario, even if the monster targeted by the effect of U.A. Goalkeeper is in face-down Defense Position when its effect resolves, that effect applies normally. (Even while face-down, the targeted U.A. Blockbacker cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects once this turn.)

Q: The effect of U.A. Goalkeeper is activated by targeting U.A. Blockbacker. After the effect has resolved, if Book of Moon is activated, and U.A. Blockbacker is changed to face-down Defense Position, will the effect of U.A. Goalkeeper continue applying?
A: If the monster targeted by the effect of U.A. Goalkeeper is changed to face-down Defense Position after the effect has already resolved, the effect of U.A. Goalkeeper no longer applies. (As a result, the targeted monster can be destroyed normally.)

Q: If U.A. Playmaker has less than 800 ATK, can the effect of U.A. Playmaker be activated when another “U.A.” monster declares an attack? Also, if the effect of U.A. Playmaker is activated, but Ghosts From the Past is chained, and the ATK of U.A. Playmaker becomes less than 800, how does the effect resolve?
A: If U.A. Playmaker has less than 800 ATK, its effect cannot be activated. Also, if the effect of U.A. Playmaker is activated, but its ATK becomes less than 800 before resolving the effect, the effect is not applied. (The other monster does not gain any ATK.)

Q: If the effect of U.A. Playmaker is applied, will the ATK changes to U.A. Playmaker or the other affected monster last indefinitely?
A: The ATK decrease and increase to U.A. Playmaker and the other affected monster remain as long as those monsters remain face-up on the field. (U.A. Playmaker will lose 800 ATK, and the other affected monster will gain 800 ATK, even after the attack ends.)

Q: After the effect of U.A. Playmaker has been applied, if Skill Drain is activated, what will happen to the ATK changes to U.A. Playmaker and the other affected monster?
A: In this scenario, even if the effects of U.A. Playmaker are negated by Skill Drain after its effect has already resolved, the ATK changes remain. (While Skill Drain is applying, the monsters’ ATK do not return to their original values.)

Q: When my U.A. Dreadnought Dunker attacks, I activate the effect of U.A. Playmaker to decrease its own ATK by 800 and make U.A. Dreadnought Dunker gain 800 ATK. If the effect of Necro Gardna is chained, and the attack is negated, does the effect of U.A. Playmaker apply?
A: In this scenario, if the attack is negated by the effect of Necro Gardna, U.A. Dreadnought Dunker is no longer treated as an attacking monster. Therefore, only the part of the effect that makes U.A. Playmaker lose 800 ATK will apply, and the effect finishes resolving.

Q: When my U.A. Rival Rebounder attacks, I activate the effect of U.A. Playmaker to decrease its own ATK by 800 and make U.A. Rival Rebounder gain 800 ATK. If Book of Moon is chained, and U.A. Rival Rebounder is changed to face-down Defense Position, does the effect of U.A. Playmaker apply?
A: In this scenario, if U.A. Rival Rebounder is changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of Book of Moon, it is no longer treated as an attacking monster. Therefore, only the part of the effect that makes U.A. Playmaker lose 800 ATK will apply, and the effect finishes resolving.

Q: If the effect of U.A. Playmaker is activated, but Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device is chained, and U.A. Playmaker is not face-up on the field when its own effect resolves, is that effect applied?
A: In this scenario, if U.A. Playmaker is no longer face-up on the field when its effect resolves, the effect is not applied. (It does not lose 800 ATK, and the attacking monster does not gain any ATK.)

Q: Can the effect of U.A. Blockbacker be activated even if my opponent Special Summons a Normal Monster, such as with Swing of Memories?
A: Even if your opponent Special Summons a Normal Monster with the effect of Swing of Memories, you can activate the effect of U.A. Blockbacker. (In that case, the Special Summoned monster’s battle position is still changed, but the part of the effect that negates the Special Summoned monster’s effects cannot be applied.)

Q: If my opponent Special Summons a monster in face-down Defense Position using the effect of The Shallow Grave, can I activate the effect of U.A. Blockbacker?
A: Even if your opponent Special Summons a monster in face-down Defense Position using the effect of The Shallow Grave, you can activate the effect of U.A. Blockbacker. In that case, the monster Special Summoned by The Shallow Grave is changed from face-down Defense Position to face-up Attack Position, and its effects are negated.

Q: When U.A. Dreadnought Dunker attacks my opponent’s Battle Footballer, battle damage is inflicted to my opponent. When activating the effect of U.A. Dreadnought Dunker, can I target the destroyed Battle Footballer?
A: In this scenario, when targeting a card on the field to destroy with the effect of U.A. Dreadnought Dunker, the Battle Footballer on the field which has already been treated as destroyed by battle cannot be targeted.

Q: If U.A. Rival Rebounder is Normal Summoned during my opponent’s turn using the effect of Escalation of the Monarchs, can I activate its effect that Special Summons another “U.A.” monster from my hand or Graveyard?
A: Even in this scenario, since U.A. Rival Rebounder was Normal Summoned successfully, you can activate its effect.

Q: U.A. Goalkeeper is Tributed to Tribute Summon U.A. Rival Rebounder. In that case, can I Special Summon that U.A. Goalkeeper using the effect of U.A. Rival Rebounder?
A: Yes, you can.

Q: U.A. Stadium is face-up on my side of the field, and I activated Double Summon this turn. This turn, if I Normal Summon 2 “U.A.” monsters, can I activate the first effect of U.A. Stadium each time I Normal Summon?
A: The first effect of U.A. Stadium can be activated each time you Normal Summon a “U.A.” monster to your side of the field. Therefore, if you activated Double Summon this turn and Normal Summoned twice, you can activate the first effect of U.A. Stadium after each Normal Summon.

Q: If the second effect of U.A. Stadium is applied, will the ATK applied to my monsters last indefinitely?
A: The ATK increase applied by the effect of U.A. Stadium is applied as long as the affected monsters remain face-up on the field. (It is not an effect that only applies during the turn those monsters were Special Summoned.)

Q: After the second effect of U.A. Stadium has been applied, if Mystical Space Typhoon is activated, and U.A. Stadium is destroyed, what will happen to the ATK gained by the effect of U.A. Stadium?
A: In this scenario, if the ATK increase by the effect of U.A. Stadium has already been applied, even if U.A. Stadium is then destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon, the ATK gained by the effect of U.A. Stadium remains.

Q: U.A. Stadium is face-up on my side of the field. If I activate Monster Reborn, and Special Summon a U.A. Mighty Slugger from my opponent’s Graveyard to my side of the field, will the second effect of U.A. Stadium activate?
A: Even in this case, since a “U.A.” monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field, the effect of U.A. Stadium activates.

Q: U.A. Stadium is face-up on my side of the field. In this situation, if I Pendulum Summon a U.A. Goalkeeper and The Fiend Megacyber at the same time, will the second effect of U.A. Stadium activate?
A: Even in this case, since a “U.A.” monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field, the effect of U.A. Stadium activates.

(The post I had for this was actually 4 times longer than this, although it was too much for a forumotion post.)
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down