Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] Extra Pack 2016 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] Extra Pack 2016 Rulings Empty [OCG] Extra Pack 2016 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Extra Pack 2016 Rulings

Q: A Kozmo Farmgirl on my field is equipped with Kozmo Lightsword. If Kozmo Farmgirl attacks monsters twice during the Battle Phase and inflicts battle damage to my opponent, can I activate the effect of Kozmo Farmgirl that adds a “Kozmo” card from my Deck to my hand each time?
A: If a Kozmo Farmgirl equipped with Kozmo Lightsword attacks twice, and inflicts battle damage to your opponent with each attack, you can activate its effect that adds a “Kozmo” card from your Deck to your hand each time.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If my opponent activates Crush Card Virus, and a Kozmo Sliprider in my hand is destroyed, can I activate the effect of Kozmo Sliprider that Special Summons a Level 4 or lower “Kozmo” monster from my Deck? Also, if I apply the effect of my opponent’s Crush Card Virus that destroys up to 3 monsters in my Deck with 1500 or more ATK, and I destroy Kozmo Sliprider, can I activate its effect that Special Summons a Level 4 or lower “Kozmo” monster from my Deck?
A: As in this scenario, if a Kozmo Sliprider in your hand or Deck is destroyed by the effect of your opponent’s Crush Card Virus and sent to the Graveyard, you can activate its effect that Special Summons a Level 4 or lower “Kozmo” monster from your Deck.

Q: I activate the effect of Kozmo Strawman that Special Summons one of my banished “Kozmo” monsters, and Special Summon Kozmo Goodwitch with its effects negated. Afterward, if I banish Kozmo Goodwitch to activate its effect that Special Summons a Level 5 or higher “Kozmo” monster from my hand, will that effect be negated?
A: The effects of a monster Special Summoned by the effect of Kozmo Strawman are negated if they activate or apply on the field. Although Kozmo Goodwitch is banished as the cost to activate its own effect in this scenario, since it is an effect that activated on the field, it will be negated and the Level 5 or higher “Kozmo” monster cannot be Special Summoned from your hand.

Q: I activate the effect of Kozmo Strawman that Special Summons one of my banished “Kozmo” monsters, and Special Summon Kozmo Dark Eclipser. If Book of Moon is then activated, and Kozmo Dark Eclipser is changed to face-down Defense Position, will it be destroyed during the End Phase?
A: If a monster that was Special Summoned by the effect of Kozmo Strawman is then changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of Book of Moon, its effects are no longer negated, also it is not destroyed during the End Phases.

Q: I activate the effect of Kozmo Strawman that Special Summons one of my banished “Kozmo” monsters, and Special Summon Kozmo DOG Fighter. If Kozmo DOG Fighter is equipped with Heavy Mech Support Platform by the time I reach my End Phase, what happens?
A: In this scenario, when the effect of Kozmo Strawman would destroy Kozmo DOG Fighter during the End Phase, Heavy Mech Support Platform is destroyed instead, so Kozmo DOG Fighter remains face-up on the field. In that case, the effects of Kozmo DOG Fighter will still be negated while it is face-up on the field, and it will be destroyed again during the next End Phase.

Q: I activate the effect of Kozmoll Wickedwitch that prevents it from being destroyed by battle or card effects during this turn. If my opponent chains Book of Moon, and Kozmoll Wickedwitch is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Kozmoll Wickedwitch, even if Kozmoll Wickedwitch itself has been changed to face-down Defense Position, the effect resolves normally and Kozmoll Wickedwitch cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects during this turn.

Q: I activate and resolve the effect of Kozmoll Wickedwitch that prevents it from being destroyed by battle or card effects during this turn. If Book of Moon is then activated, and Kozmoll Wickedwitch is changed to face-down Defense Position, will its effect continue to apply?
A: After the effect of Kozmoll Wickedwitch has been applied, if Kozmoll Wickedwitch is changed to face-down Defense Position, its effect is no longer applied. (It can be destroyed by battle and card effects normally.)

Q: While the effect of Mistake is applying, can I activate the effect of Kozmo Tincan that reveals 3 “Kozmo” cards with different names from my Deck?
A: While the effect if Mistake is applying, neither player can add cards from the Deck to their hand except by drawing. Therefore, the effect of Kozmo Tincan cannot be activated during the End Phases. Note that if Mistake is chained to the effect of Kozmo Tincan, the effect cannot be applied. (You do not reveal 3 “Kozmo” cards from your Deck.)

Q: During my End Phase, I activate the effect of Kozmo Tincan that reveals 3 “Kozmo” cards with different names from my Deck. If I then chain Emergency Teleport, and Special Summon Kozmo Farmgirl from my Deck so that I no longer have 3 “Kozmo” cards with different names in my Deck, how does the effect of Kozmo Tincan resolve?
A: When resolving this effect of Kozmo Tincan, if you no longer have 3 “Kozmo” cards with different names in your Deck, the effect is not applied.

Q: I activate the effect of Kozmo Delta Shuttle that reduces the ATK and DEF of a monster on the field, by sending Kozmo Sliprider from my Deck to the Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow and banishes Kozmo Sliprider from the Graveyard, will the effect of Kozmo Delta Shuttle be applied?
A: When resolving the effect of Kozmo Delta Shuttle, even if the “Kozmo” monster sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect is no longer in the Graveyard, the targeted monster still loses ATK and DEF equal to the sent monster’s Level × 100. (In this scenario, since Kozmo Sliprider is a Level 5 monster, the targeted monster loses 500 ATK and DEF.)

Q: I activate the effect of Kozmo Scaredy Lion that returns 3 of my banished “Kozmo” monsters to my Graveyard, targeting Kozmo Farmgirl, Kozmo Goodwitch, and Kozmo Strawman. If my opponent chains Burial from a Different Dimension and returns Kozmo Goodwitch to the Graveyard, how does the effect of Kozmo Scaredy Lion resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Kozmo Scaredy Lion, if 1 of the 3 targeted “Kozmo” monsters has already been returned to the Graveyard, the effect is applied. In this scenario, the targeted Kozmo Farmgirl and Kozmo Strawman return to the Graveyard, and your opponent still takes 500 damage.

Q: I activate the effect of Kozmo Scaredy Lion that returns 3 of my banished “Kozmo” monsters to my Graveyard, targeting Kozmo Farmgirl, Kozmo Goodwitch, and Kozmo Strawman. If my opponent chains Burial from a Different Dimension and returns all 3 of those monsters to the Graveyard, how does the effect of Kozmo Scaredy Lion resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Kozmo Scaredy Lion, if all 3 targeted “Kozmo” monsters has already been returned to the Graveyard, you will not be able to inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

Q: When a Pendulum Monster is activated as a Spell Card in the Pendulum Zone, can the effect of Kozmo Dark Planet that negates the activations of Spell Cards be activated?
A: Activating a Pendulum Monster from the hand to the Pendulum Zone is considered the activation of a Spell Card, so it can be negated by the effect of Kozmo Dark Planet. Since a Pendulum Monster whose activation was negated is not treated as a card on the field, it will be sent to the Graveyard when it is destroyed.

Q: I activate the effect of Kozmotown that adds 1 of my banished “Kozmo” monsters to my hand, targeting Kozmo Farmgirl. If Burial from a Different Dimension is chained and Kozmo Farmgirl is returned to the Graveyard, how does the effect of Kozmotown resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Kozmotown, if the targeted “Kozmo” monster has been returned to the Graveyard, it can no longer be added to your hand and you do not lose any Life Points.

Q: A Kozmoll Wickedwitch on my field is equipped with 2 copies of Kozmo Lightsword. In that case, how will the effects of each Kozmo Lightsword be applied?
A: If 2 copies of Kozmo Lightsword are equipped to the same monster, each copy will increase the equipped monster’s ATK and DEF by 500, so Kozmoll Wickedwitch gains a total of 1000 ATK in this scenario. Note that the effects that allow the equipped monster to attack monsters twice during each Battle Phase and inflict piercing battle damage to the opponent are not applied differently if multiple copies of Kozmo Lightsword are equipped. (In other words, the number of times the monster can attack does not change, and piercing battle damage it inflicts is not doubled.)

Q: I activate Kozmojo, targeting a face-up Kozmoll Wickedwitch on my field. If I then chain the effect of Kozmoll Wickedwitch that prevents it from being destroyed by battle or card effects this turn, how does Kozmojo resolve?
A: In this scenario, if the effect of Kozmoll Wickedwitch was chained to Kozmojo, it will not be destroyed. Therefore, since the targeted monster was not destroyed, you cannot banish a card from your opponent’s field or Graveyard.

Q: While the effects of Necrovalley are applying, can I activate Kozmojo?
A: While the effects of Necrovalley are applying, you can still activate Kozmojo. In that case, the targeted monster is destroyed normally, but since you cannot banish any cards from the Graveyard, you must banish 1 card on your opponent’s field.

Q: Kozmourning is face-up on my field. In this situation, if a Kozmo Goodwitch is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects due to the effect of Forbidden Lance, and it destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, will the effect of Kozmourning shuffle the destroyed monster into the Deck? Also, if a Kozmo Goodwitch destroys an opponent’s monster that is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects due to the effect of Forbidden Lance, will the effect of Kozmourning shuffle that monster into the Deck?
Q: The effect of Kozmourning that shuffles monsters into the Deck if they are destroyed by battle with your “Kozmo” monsters is not an effect that affects monsters on the field. Therefore, even if the effect of Forbidden Lance is applied either to your “Kozmo” monster or the opponent’s battling monster, the effect that shuffles the destroyed monster into the Deck is applied normally.

Q: Kozmourning is face-up on my field, and Macro Cosmos is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, if a “Kozmo” monster on my field destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, will the effect of Kozmourning shuffle the destroyed monster into the Deck?
A: If the effects of both Macro Cosmos and Kozmourning are applying, an opponent’s monster that is destroyed by battle with a “Kozmo” monster on your field is shuffled into the Deck instead of being banished. (Note that it does not matter if Kozmourning or Macro Cosmos was activated before the other.)

Q: Kozmourning is face-up on my field. In this situation, if a “Kozmo” monster on my field destroys an opponent’s Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster by battle, will the effect of Kozmourning shuffle the destroyed monster into the Deck?
A: While the effect of Kozmourning is applying, if a “Kozmo” monster destroys an opponent’s Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster by battle, that monster will be returned to the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard.

Q: Kozmourning is face-up on my field. In this situation, if a “Kozmo” monster on my field destroys an opponent’s Dark Magician of Chaos by battle, will the effect of Kozmourning shuffle the destroyed monster into the Deck?
A: While the effect of Kozmourning is applying, if a “Kozmo” monster destroys an opponent’s Dark Magician of Chaos by battle, Dark Magician of Chaos will be banished by its own effect instead.

Q: Kozmourning is face-up on my field. In this situation, if my Kozmo Sliprider attacks my opponent’s Manticore of Darkness, and both monsters are destroyed by battle, will the effect of Kozmourning be applied?
A: While the effect of Kozmourning is applying, if a “Kozmo” monster on your field battles an opponent’s monster with the same ATK and both are destroyed by battle, the opponent’s monster will be shuffled into the Deck normally. In this scenario, your Kozmo Sliprider is sent to the Graveyard normally, but your opponent’s Manticore of Darkness is shuffled into the Deck instead.

Q: I activate the second effect of Kozmourning by banishing it from my Graveyard, so that the next battle damage I would take from a battle involving a “Kozmo” monster on my field increases my Life Points instead. In this situation, if my Kozmo Dark Planet attacks my opponent directly, but my opponent activates Dimension Wall, will the effect of Kozmourning be applied?
A: If your opponent activates Dimension Wall, you take any battle damage your opponent would take from this attack. In this scenario, since you would take battle damage from a battle involving a “Kozmo” monster on your field, the effect of Kozmourning that increases your Life Points instead will be applied. (You gain 4000 Life Points in this case instead of taking 4000 damage.)

Q: An Attack Position Kozmo Forerunner and Kozmo Sliprider are face-up on my field, and an Attack Position Kozmo Dark Destroyer is face-up on my opponent’s field. During my opponent’s Main Phase 1, I activate the second effect of Kozmourning by banishing it from my Graveyard, so that the next battle damage I would take from a battle involving a “Kozmo” monster on my field increases my Life Points instead. During the Battle Phase, if my opponent’s Kozmo Dark Destroyer attacks my Kozmo Forerunner, can I activate the effect of Kuriboh during damage calculation?
A: In this scenario, if the second effect of Kozmourning is applying, you cannot activate the effect of Kuriboh. When your opponent’s Kozmo Dark Destroyer battles your Kozmo Forerunner, you gain 200 Life Points instead of taking 200 battle damage.

Q: Can I Special Summon a Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju from my hand to my opponent’s field by Tributing a face-up Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju on my opponent’s field?
A: The third effect of every “Kaiju” monster states that a player can only control 1 “Kaiju” monster. In this scenario, since Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju is face-up on your opponent’s field, Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju cannot be Special Summoned to your opponent’s field. (Note that as long as there are no “Kaiju” monsters on your side of the field, you can still Special Summon Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju to your side of the field using its second Special Summon effect.)

Q: Can I activate Circle of the Fire Kings by targeting a Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju on my field and a Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju in my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, since there is a “Kaiju” monster on your field, you cannot target a Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju in your Graveyard with Circle of the Fire Kings.

Q: Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju and a Radian Token are both face-up on my field. In this situation, can I Tribute both monsters to Tribute Summon a Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju?
A: The third effect of every “Kaiju” monster states that a player can only control 1 “Kaiju” monster. In this scenario, since Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju is face-up on your field, you cannot Tribute Summon a Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju in face-up Attack Position. Note that you can still Tribute Set Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju by Tributing Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju.

Q: Can I activate the effect of Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju that destroys all monsters on my opponent’s field if there are no monsters on my opponent’s field?
A: You cannot activate the effect of Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju if there are no monsters on your opponent’s field.

Q: Can I activate the effect of Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju that destroys all monsters on my opponent’s field during my Main Phase 2?
A: If Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju did not declare an attack during the Battle Phase, you can activate its effect during your Main Phase 2. Note that if Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju declared an attack, but the attack was negated by your opponent’s Magic Cylinder, you cannot activate the effect of Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju during Main Phase 2.

Q: If I activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber and Special Summon Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju to my side of the field, can I activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju that negates the opponent’s monster effects and prevents it from attacking until the end of the next turn? Also, if I activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber and Special Summon Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju to my opponent’s side of the field, can my opponent activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju that negates my monster’s effects and prevents it from attacking until the end of the next turn?
A: If Interrupted Kaiju Slumber is activated, the player who activated it is the one who Special Summons “Kaiju” monsters. Therefore, if you activated Interrupted Kaiju Slumber and Special Summoned Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju to your side of the field, you cannot activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju. Note that if you activated Interrupted Kaiju Slumber and Special Summoned Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju to your opponent’s side of the field, your opponent will be able to activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju.

Q: If Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju is Special Summoned by my opponent from their hand to my side of the field by Tributing 1 monster on my field, can I activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju that negates the Special Summoned monster’s effects and prevents it from attacking until the end of the next turn?
A: The effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju cannot be activated when Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju itself is the monster that was Special Summoned by your opponent.

Q: Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju is face-up on my field. If I Special Summon a Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju from my hand to my opponent’s field by Tributing 1 of my opponent’s monsters, can I activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju that negates the opponent’s monster effects and prevents it from attacking until the end of the next turn?
A: In this scenario, since you are the player that Special Summoned Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju to your opponent’s field, you cannot activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju.

Q: Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju is face-up on my field. In this situation, if my opponent activates Burst Rebirth and Special Summons a monster from their Graveyard in face-down Defense Position, can I activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju that negates the opponent’s monster effects and prevents it from attacking until the end of the next turn?
A: If your opponent Special Summons a monster in face-down Defense Position, you cannot activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju.

Q: Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju is face-up on my field. In this situation, my opponent Pendulum Summons a Dinomist Spinos and Dinomist Rex at the same time. If I activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju that negates the opponent’s monster effects and prevents it from attacking until the end of the next turn, how will it be applied?
A: As in this scenario, if you activate the effect of Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju when your opponent Special Summons 2 or more monsters at the same time, the effect will be applied to all of those Special Summoned monsters. (In this scenario, both Dinomist Spinos and Dinomist Rex are affected.)

Q: While the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, can the effect of Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju that negates an opponent’s card or effect activation and banishes it be activated?
A: If the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is already applying, you cannot activate the effect of Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju.

Q: When I activate the effect of Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju that negates an opponent’s card or effect activation and banishes it, my opponent chains Imperial Iron Wall. In this case, how does the effect of Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju resolve?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju resolves while the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying. The card whose effect activation was negated is not banished. As an example, if your opponent activated a monster effect on the field, or the effect of a Continuous Spell/Trap Card on the field, the effect of Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju will negate its activation, but that card will remain face-up on the field. But the effect of Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju had been chained to the activation of a Spell/Trap Card, since the activation is negated, that card is sent to the Graveyard.

Q: I activated the effect of Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju, and the ATK and DEF of a Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju on my opponent’s field were halved to 1500 and 600 respectively. During the next turn, if I activate the effect of Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju once again, does it halve the current ATK and DEF even further?
A: If the effect of Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju was applied, the ATK and DEF of the affected monsters remains halved as long as they are face-up on the field. Therefore, if the effect of Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju is activated once again during the next turn, the halved values are halved even further. (In this scenario, Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju will have 750 ATK and 300 DEF.)

Q: If my opponent activates the effect of Effect Veiler from their hand, can I chain the effect of Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju to negate its effect? Also, if my opponent activates the effect of Breakthrough Skill from their Graveyard, can I chain the effect of Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju to negate its effect?
A: The effects of Effect Veiler and Breakthrough Skill are both effects that target exactly 1 monster, so you can chain the effect of Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju. (Note that when you choose to apply the part of the effect that destroys a card on the field, it does not need to be the card whose effect was negated. You can destroy any card on the field.)

Q: When Monster Reborn is activated targeting 1 monster in the Graveyard, can I chain the effect of Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju to negate its effect? Also, when Escape from the Dark Dimension is activated targeting 1 banished DARK monster, can I chain the effect of Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju to negate its effect?
A: The effects of Monster Reborn and Escape from the Dark Dimension are both effects that target exactly 1 monster, so you can chain the effect of Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju.

Q: My opponent activates the effect of their Kozmotown that targets a banished “Kozmo” monster and adds it to their hand, but I chain the effect of Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju and negate that effect. In this case, will the other effects of Kozmotown also be negated?
A: The effect of Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju only negates the effect that was activated at that time. Therefore, if your opponent activates the effect of Kozmotown that returns “Kozmo” monsters in their hand to their Deck and then draws cards, or the effect that adds a “Kozmo” card from their Deck to their hand when Kozmotown is destroyed, they will not be negated. Furthermore, if your opponent activates the effect of Kozmotown that adds a banished “Kozmo” monster to their hand again during their next turn, the effect will not be negated.

Q: During my Main Phase 2, can I activate the effect of Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju that allows it to attack monsters 3 times and prevents my opponent’s cards and effects from activating for the rest of this turn?
A: You can activate the effect of Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju during your Main Phase 2. In that case, since the Battle Phase has already passed, only the part of the effect that prevents your opponent’s cards and effects from activating for the rest of this turn is applied.

Q: If I activate the effect of Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju that allows it to attack monsters 3 times during each Battle Phase this turn, can Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju still attack my opponent directly this turn?
A: If you activated the effect of Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju, and you did not attack an opponent’s monster with it already, you can attack directly with it. (If you do, then Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju will not be able to attack 2 more times during this Battle Phase.)

Q: If I activate the effect of Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju that allows it to attack monsters 3 times and prevents my opponent’s cards and effects from activating for the rest of this turn, but then Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju leaves the field during this turn, will my opponent’s cards then be able to activate their effects?
A: After the effect of Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju has been applied, even if Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju leaves the field, the effect will still prevent your opponent’s cards and effects from being activated for the rest of that turn.

Q: Can Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran be Special Summoned by the effect of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber?
A: Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran is a Special Summon-only monster, and must first be Special Summoned by its own procedure. Therefore, it cannot be Special Summoned by the effect of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber. Furthermore, if you do not have 2 “Kaiju” monsters with different names in your Deck other than Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran, you cannot activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber.

Q: A Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran equipped with Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju is face-up on my field. In this situation, can I activate the effect of Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran that equips a “Kaiju” monster to it again during the Main Phase of my next turn?
A: The effect of Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran that equips a “Kaiju” monster to it can only be activated once per turn, but once you reach the Main Phase of your next turn, you can equip a second “Kaiju” monster to it. Note that if Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran has 2 “Kaiju” monsters equipped to it, it will gain ATK equal to the total combined ATK of both equipped monsters.

Q: I activate the effect of Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran that equips a “Kaiju” monster from my hand or Graveyard to it. If Book of Eclipse is chained, and Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: The effect of Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran that equips a “Kaiju” monster to it does not target; the “Kaiju” monster is chosen when the effect resolves. In this scenario, if Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran is in face-down Defense Position when its effect resolves, the effect cannot be applied. (You do not select a “Kaiju” monster in your hand or Graveyard.)

Q: A Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran equipped with Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju is face-up on my field. In this situation, if Forbidden Chalice is activated targeting Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran, what happens to its ATK?
A: If Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran is equipped with a “Kaiju” monster by its own effect, but its effects are then negated by Forbidden Chalice, that “Kaiju” monster can no longer be equipped to Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran. (In this scenario, the equipped Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard.) Therefore, Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran only gains ATK due to the effect of Forbidden Chalice, so its ATK becomes 400.

Q: A Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran equipped with Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju is face-up on my field. In this situation, if Forbidden Lance is activated targeting Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran, what happens to its ATK?
A: Since the effect of Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran that increases its ATK is a monster effect, even if it becomes unaffected by Spell/Trap effects due to the effect of Forbidden Lance, it will still gain ATK. (In this scenario, Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran gains 2700 ATK as a result of being equipped with Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju, but since it also loses 800 ATK due to the effect of Forbidden Lance, its ATK will be 1900.)

Q: Dark Hole is activated, and a Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju on my field and a Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju on my opponent’s field are both destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. In this case, how many Kaiju Counters are placed on Kyoutou Waterfront?
A: Even when multiple cards on the field are sent to the Graveyard at the same time, Kaiju Counters are placed on Kyoutou Waterfront. In this scenario, since both Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju and Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju were sent to the Graveyard at the same time, 2 Kaiju Counters are placed on Kyoutou Waterfront. Also, once Dark Hole resolves, since it is sent from the field to the Graveyard, another Kaiju Counter is placed on Kyoutou Waterfront.

Q: If the effect of Stardust Dragon is activated by Tributing it, will a Kaiju Counter be placed on Kyoutou Waterfront?
A: As in this scenario, even if you Tribute Stardust Dragon as a cost to activate its own effect, since it is sent from the field to the Graveyard, a Kaiju Counter is placed on Kyoutou Waterfront.

Q: If an Xyz Material is detached from an Xyz Monster to activate its effect, and sent to the Graveyard, will a Kaiju Counter be placed on Kyoutou Waterfront?
A: When an Xyz Material is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard, it is not treated as a card on the field being sent to the Graveyard. Therefore, a Kaiju Counter is not placed on Kyoutou Waterfront.

Q: If a Pendulum Monster on the field is destroyed, will a Kaiju Counter be placed on Kyoutou Waterfront?
A: When a Pendulum Monster on the field is destroyed, it is placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard, so it is not treated as a card on the field being sent to the Graveyard. Therefore, a Kaiju Counter is not placed on Kyoutou Waterfront.

Q: Can the effect of Kyoutou Waterfront that adds a “Kaiju” monster from the Deck to the hand also be used by my opponent?
A: The effect of Kyoutou Waterfront that adds a “Kaiju” monster from the Deck to the hand can only be activated by its controller. The opponent cannot use this effect.

Q: When activating the effect of Kyoutou Waterfront that adds a “Kaiju” monster from my Deck to my hand, do I have to remove its Kaiju Counters?
A: The effect of Kyoutou Waterfront that adds a “Kaiju” monster from your Deck to your hand does not remove Kaiju Counters. When you reach the Main Phase of your next turn, if Kyoutou Waterfront still has 3 or more Kaiju Counters on it, you can activate its effect again.

Q: A Kyoutou Waterfront with 3 Kaiju Counters on it is face-up in my Field Zone, and Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju is face-up in my Monster Zone. I activate the effect of Kyoutou Waterfront that adds a “Kaiju” monster from my Deck to my hand. If my opponent chains Cosmic Cyclone by targeting Kyoutou Waterfront, but I chain the effect of Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju by removing 2 Kaiju Counters from Kyoutou Waterfront, how does the effect of Kyoutou Waterfront resolve?
A: In this scenario, the activation of Cosmic Cyclone is negated by the effect of Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju, so Kyoutou Waterfront is not banished. In this case, even though Kyoutou Waterfront only has 1 Kaiju Counter on it when its effect resolves, you still add a “Kaiju” monster from your Deck to your hand normally.

Q: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, can I activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber?
A: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, so that neither player can Special Summon monsters, you cannot activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber. Note that if Vanity’s Emptiness is chained to the activation of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber, the effect will destroy all monsters on the field, but you cannot Special Summon any “Kaiju” monsters from the Deck.

Q: Can Interrupted Kaiju Slumber be activated if there is a “Kaiju” monster already on either player’s field?
A: Interrupted Kaiju Slumber can be activated even if there is a “Kaiju” monster already on the field. In that case, the effect will destroy all monsters on the field normally, and then Special Summon 2 “Kaiju” monsters from your Deck with different names to each player’s side of the field.

Q: A Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran is face-up on my field, and Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju is face-up on my opponent’s field. If Interrupted Kaiju Slumber is activated, but my opponent chains Forbidden Lance so that their “Kaiju” monster becomes unaffected by Spell effects, how does Interrupted Kaiju Slumber resolve?
A: Interrupted Kaiju Slumber can be activated even if there is a “Kaiju” monster already on the field. However, when resolving the part of the effect that destroys all monsters on the field, if a “Kaiju” monster is unaffected by Spell effects, it remains on the field and the subsequent effects of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber cannot be applied. (In this example, if the effect of Forbidden Lance was applied to Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju, only your Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran is destroyed and the resolution of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber is completed.)

Q: While Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon is face-up on the field, can I activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber?
A: If the effect of Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon is applying, you cannot activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber.

Q: If I activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber, but my opponent chains Call of the Haunted and Special Summons Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon from their Graveyard, how does Interrupted Kaiju Slumber resolve?
A: In this scenario, after Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon is Special Summoned, it is destroyed along with every other monster on the field, so the remaining effects of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber are applied normally. Note that when Interrupted Kaiju Slumber resolves, if Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon is not destroyed because the effect of Revival of the Dragon Lords was applied from the Graveyard, the effect of Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon will prevent 2 or more monsters from being Special Summoned at the same time, so the remaining effects of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber cannot be applied.

Q: During the turn my opponent activated Scapegoat, can I activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber?
A: In this scenario, if your opponent activated Scapegoat, they will not be able to Summon monsters during the same turn, but the effect of Interrupted Kaiju Slumber is one in which you Special Summon a “Kaiju” monster to each player’s side of the field. Therefore, you can activate Interrupted Kaiju Slumber and resolve its effects normally.

Q: The Kaiju Files is face-up on my field. If my opponent Special Summons a “Kaiju” monster from their hand or Graveyard, will a Kaiju Counter be placed on The Kaiju Files?
A: While The Kaiju Files is face-up on the field, its effect will place 1 Kaiju Counter on it each time a “Kaiju” monster is Special Summoned from the hand or Graveyard, not just when you Special Summon one but also when your opponent Special Summons one from their hand or Graveyard.

Q: I activate The Shallow Grave and Special Summon a Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju from my Graveyard in face-down Defense Position. At this time, will the effect of The Kaiju Files place a Kaiju Counter on it?
A: When a “Kaiju” monster is Special Summoned from the Graveyard in face-down Defense Position by the effect of The Shallow Grave, a Kaiju Counter is not placed on The Kaiju Files.

Q: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, can I activate the effect of The Kaiju Files that destroys a “Kaiju” monster on the field and then Special Summons another with a different name from my Deck?
A: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, so that neither player can Special Summon monsters, you cannot activate the effect of The Kaiju Files that destroys a “Kaiju” monster on the field. Note that if Vanity’s Emptiness is chained to the activation of this effect, the effect will still destroy the targeted “Kaiju” monster, but you cannot Special Summon a “Kaiju” monster with a different name from your Deck.

Q: I activate the effect of The Kaiju Files, targeting a face-up Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju on my opponent’s field. If the effect of Kaiju Capture Mission is chained, and Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect of The Kaiju Files resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of The Kaiju Files, even if the targeted “Kaiju” monster is in face-down Defense Position, the effect resolves normally. In this scenario, Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju is destroyed, and you then Special Summon a “Kaiju” monster with a different name to your opponent’s field.

Q: I activate the effect of The Kaiju Files, targeting a face-up Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju on my field. If Remove Brainwashing is chained, and Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju returns to my opponent’s field, how does the effect of The Kaiju Files resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of The Kaiju Files, if the targeted “Kaiju” monster switches control, you will Special Summon a monster to the side of the field that “Kaiju” monster was on when it was destroyed. In this scenario, since the targeted Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju is destroyed while on your opponent’s side of the field, you will Special Summon a “Kaiju” monster with a different name from your Deck to your opponent’s field.

Q: I activate Kaiju Capture Mission, but Solemn Judgment is chained, negating the activation and destroying it. Afterward, if Kaiju Capture Mission is sent to the Graveyard as a result, can I activate its effect to draw 2 cards?
A: If the activation of your Kaiju Capture Mission is negated by your opponent’s Solemn Judgment, and it is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard, you can activate the effect of Kaiju Capture Mission to draw 2 cards.

Q: I activate Raigeki Break by discarding Paleozoic Olenoides to the Graveyard. In this case, can I chain the effect of the discarded Paleozoic Olenoides that Special Summons it from the Graveyard as a monster?
A: If you activate Raigeki Break by discarding Paleozoic Olenoides as the cost, as long as your opponent does not chain anything first, you can activate the effect of Paleozoic Olenoides directly chained to Raigeki Break. However, if your opponent does chain another Trap Card first, you can still chain the effect of Paleozoic Olenoides to your opponent’s Trap Card.

Q: A Paleozoic Olenoides and a Tiki Soul that were Special Summoned as monsters by their own effects are both face-up on my field. In this situation, if Paleozoic Olenoides is destroyed, can I apply the effect of Tiki Soul that Sets it in the Spell & Trap Zone instead?
A: If a Paleozoic Olenoides was Special Summoned by its own effect, it will be banished when it would leave the field, so it will not be sent to the Graveyard when it is destroyed. Thus, since the effect of Tiki Soul can only be applied if a Trap Card treated as a monster would be destroyed and sent to your Graveyard, Paleozoic Olenoides cannot be Set in the Spell & Trap Zone instead.

Q: A Paleozoic Olenoides and a Tiki Soul that were Special Summoned as monsters by their own effects are both face-up on my field. If the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, and Paleozoic Olenoides is destroyed, can I apply the effect of Tiki Soul that Sets it in the Spell & Trap Zone instead?
A: If a Paleozoic Olenoides was Special Summoned by its own effect, it will be banished when it would leave the field, but the effect of Imperial Iron Wall prevents Paleozoic Olenoides from being banished. In this case, you can apply the effect of Tiki Soul that Sets Paleozoic Olenoides in your Spell & Trap Zone instead.

Q: When I activate Paleozoic Hallucigenia, can I target a monster such as Battle Fader that has 0 ATK and DEF?
A: When you activate Paleozoic Hallucigenia, you can target a monster with 0 ATK and DEF. (In that case, the monster’s ATK and DEF remain 0.)

Q: I activate Paleozoic Dinomischus while I only have 1 card in my hand. If I chain Raigeki Break, so that I now have no cards in my hand, how does Paleozoic Dinomischus resolve?
A: When resolving Paleozoic Dinomischus, if you have no cards in your hand, you cannot resolve the effect of discarding 1 card, so the targeted card cannot be banished.

Q: When I activate Paleozoic Leanchoilia, can I target a card that is banished face-down?
A: When you activate Paleozoic Leanchoilia, you can target a card that is banished face-down. Even in this case, when you return it to the Graveyard, it is placed face-up in the Graveyard.

Q: A Set Trap Card in my Spell & Trap Zone is destroyed by my opponent’s Night Beam. In this case, can I activate the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris that excavates the top card of my Deck?
A: As in this scenario, even if a Trap Card is destroyed while Set in your Spell & Trap Zone, you can activate the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris.

Q: If an Embodiment of Apophis treated as a monster is sent from my field to the Graveyard, can I activate the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris that excavates the top card of my Deck?
A: After being activated and Special Summoned as a monster, although Embodiment of Apophis is still treated as a Trap Card, the card itself is located in your Monster Zone. Even if Embodiment of Apophis is sent to the Graveyard while treated as a monster, it is not a Trap Card in your Spell & Trap Zone being sent to the Graveyard. Therefore, you cannot activate the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris.

Q: While the effect of my opponent’s Mistake is applying, if a Trap Card in my Spell & Trap Zone is sent to the Graveyard, can I activate the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris that excavates the top card of my Deck?
A: While the effect of Mistake is applying, if a Trap Card in your Spell & Trap Zone is sent to the Graveyard, you cannot activate the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris.

Q: When a Trap Card in my Spell & Trap Zone is sent to the Graveyard, I activate the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris that excavates the top card of my Deck. If my opponent chains Call of the Haunted and Special Summons Thunder King Rai-Oh, how does the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris resolve?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Paleozoic Anomalocaris will resolve while the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh that prevents players from adding cards from the Deck to their hand is applying. In that case, you still excavate the top card of your Deck, and if that card is a Trap Card, it is sent to the Graveyard since it cannot be added to your hand. (As usual, if the card is not a Trap Card, it is also sent to the Graveyard.)

Q: If my Samurai Cavalry of Reptier attacks my opponent’s Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, can I activate the effect of Samurai Cavalry of Reptier at the start of the Damage Step?
A: Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon is an Xyz Monster, but is also a Pendulum Monster, so the effect of Samurai Cavalry of Reptier cannot be activated when attacking it.

Q: If my Steel Cavalry of Dinon battles my opponent’s Nirvana High Paladin, will the effect of Steel Cavalry of Dinon activate at the start of the Damage Step?
A: Nirvana High Paladin is a Synchro Monster, but is also a Pendulum Monster, so the effect of Steel Cavalry of Dinon will activate when battling it and halve its ATK and DEF.

Q: Steel Cavalry of Dinon is equipped with Axe of Despair, and its ATK and DEF are both 2600. In this situation, if Steel Cavalry of Dinon battles a Pendulum Monster and activates its effect at the start of the Damage Step, what happens to its ATK and DEF?
A: When the effect of Steel Cavalry of Dinon resolves, its ATK and DEF each become half of their current values until the end of the Damage Step. In this scenario, its ATK and DEF will each become 1300 until the end of the Damage Step.

Q: Can Gladiator Beast Gyzarus or Blackwing – Gram the Shining Star be Special Summoned by the effect of Cattle Call?
A: Gladiator Beast Gyzarus must first be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by the procedure written in its text. Also, Blackwing – Gram the Shining Star must first be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by Synchro Summon. Therefore, neither of these monsters can be Special Summoned by the effect of Cattle Call.

Q: A Blackwing – Nothung the Starlight was Special Summoned by the effect of Cattle Call this turn. In this situation, if Book of Moon is activated and changes Blackwing – Nothung the Starlight to face-down Defense Position, which effects of Cattle Call will be applied?
A: As in this scenario, if a monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by the effect of Cattle Call is changed to face-down Defense Position, the effects preventing it from attacking and that negate its effects are no longer applied, also it is not destroyed during the End Phase.

Q: When applying the effect of Extinction on Schedule at the end of the third Battle Phase after it was activated, if Elemental HERO Wildheart is face-up on the field, what happens to it?
A: Elemental HERO Wildheart is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards, however the effect of Extinction on Schedule that makes both players send all cards on their fields to the Graveyard is not an effect that affects monsters. Therefore, Elemental HERO Wildheart is sent to the Graveyard normally.

Q: After Extinction on Schedule is activated, if a Battle Phase ends due to the effect of Electromagnetic Turtle, will it count as one of the Battle Phases conducted for the effect of Extinction on Schedule?
A: When the effect of Electromagnetic Turtle resolves, the turn proceeds to the End Step of the current Battle Phase, and if that Battle Phase was the third one conducted after Extinction on Schedule was activated, the effect that makes both players send all cards on their fields to the Graveyard is applied.

Q: After Extinction on Schedule is activated, if a Battle Phase is skipped due to the effect of Frozen Soul, will it count as one of the Battle Phases conducted for the effect of Extinction on Schedule?
A: After Extinction on Schedule is activated, if a Battle Phase is skipped due to the effect of Frozen Soul, it will not be counted as one of the three Battle Phases conducted.

Q: Can Painful Escape be activated by Tributing a Pendulum Monster?
A: Painful Escape can be activated by Tributing a Pendulum Monster. Tributed Pendulum Monsters are placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard, but even so, the effect of Painful Escape will be applied normally.

Q: I activate Painful Escape by Tributing Ojama Black. If my opponent chains the effect of their D.D. Crow and banishes the Tributed Ojama Black, how does Painful Escape resolve?
A: When resolving Painful Escape, even if the Tributed monster is no longer in the Graveyard, the effect is applied normally. (In this scenario, since Ojama Black was Tributed, the effect will add a Level 2 LIGHT Beast-Type monster other than Ojama Black from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.)

Q: When a Pendulum Monster is activated from the hand to the Pendulum Zone, can Ultimate Providence be activated?
A: When a Pendulum Monster is activated from the hand to the Pendulum Zone, it is treated as the activation of a Spell Card, so Ultimate Providence can be chained. (In that case, a Spell Card must be discarded to activate it.)

Q: When the Pendulum Effect of my opponent’s Foucault’s Cannon activates during the End Phase, can I activate Ultimate Providence?
A: Activating the Pendulum Effect of a Pendulum Monster is not treated as the activation of a Spell Card, so Ultimate Providence cannot be chained.

Q: While the Pendulum Effect of Guiding Ariadne is applying, can I activate Ultimate Providence?
A: While the Pendulum Effect of Guiding Ariadne is applying, since you can activate Counter Trap Cards without having to pay discarding costs, you can activate Ultimate Providence without having to discard a card of the same type as the one that you are negating.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum