Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

wich one do you prefer?

wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? ZA70T8J38%wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? TlGsDiP 38% 
[ 3 ]
wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? ZA70T8J38%wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? TlGsDiP 38% 
[ 3 ]
wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? ZA70T8J24%wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? TlGsDiP 24% 
[ 2 ]
wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? ZA70T8J0%wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? TlGsDiP 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? Empty wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer?

Post by Flip Flapper Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:34 am

same as title says, one of the options in the poll, the reason i picked skyrim was becuse i havnt played online yet and becuse i think the combat wasnt really really good (it was still good i think though) untill skyrim so that is why i dont have blade and blunt and all that frowing weapons jazz

personally i prefer one-handed becuse i like having my other hand free to carry a shield or use restoration magic
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? Empty Re: wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:46 am

im the type that would be swinging my war axe around, while spewing flames or sparks

Back to top Go down

wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? Empty Re: wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer?

Post by LightRook Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:55 am

I generally use both fire and destruction but for now imma vote destruction.
LightRook
LightRook

Magician Credits : 2463

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:59 am

wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? Start%20Text_zpskbk4a708

I could never get into Skyrim because I suck at 'First Person Shooter' style and over the shoulder style. If it was like Fable, Legend of Zelda, or Tak I probably could play it. I'm good at the hack n' slash type of games and somewhat okay at turn based games like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.
wich offensive skill in skyrim do you prefer? End%20Text_zpslcmzf9cv
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Magician Credits : 1826

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by LightRook Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:19 am

Oops, I meant to say, I generally use both archery and destruction.
LightRook
LightRook

Magician Credits : 2463

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:43 am

Surprisingly I don't use Destruction Magic as much as I thought I would. I need both my hands for summoning. I know it sucks at higher levels but I love it. I either summon dual blades or summon a single blade and leave the other hand free to summon continuously all the atronachs I need for the situation required. Skyrim demonology at its practical finest. So yeah my vote goes to One Handed. And the moral implications of the use of them summoned blades won't work on me. Because Demon. That's why.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:38 am

A27theDemonKnight wrote:Surprisingly I don't use Destruction Magic as much as I thought I would. I need both my hands for summoning. I know it sucks at higher levels but I love it. I either summon dual blades or summon a single blade and leave the other hand free to summon continuously all the atronachs I need for the situation required. Skyrim demonology at its practical finest. So yeah my vote goes to One Handed. And the moral implications of the use of them summoned blades won't work on me. Because Demon. That's why.

i love conjuration to, i prefer restoration though, also enchanting ftw XD i do however restrict myself to only use black soul gems against really horrible people, bandits/reavers, and forsworn
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Help me out here, in Skyrim, is destruction like breaking things or what?
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Sir Derpsalot wrote:

Help me out here, in Skyrim, is destruction like breaking things or what?

Tis the Destruction school of magic, Derpy. There are schools of magic in Skyrim. It's an all offensive school of magic. Like your usual fireballs and thunderbolts and ice shards the whole damn lot yknow.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:55 pm

So, it's like Dungeons and Dragons where you have different schools of magic.
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Sir Derpsalot wrote:

So, it's like Dungeons and Dragons where you have different schools of magic.

you have several schools of magic yes, and destruction is basicly elemental magic and in skyrim drain life (drain life/absorb life used to be restoration)
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:09 pm

That's like Lay on Hands and Inflict. Living uses Lay on Hands to heal and undead use Inflict to heal. I now understand what you're saying. ^_^
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Yoshikage Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:59 pm

I favor Two-Handed, yet I use light armor.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:59 pm

ShadowKnight76 wrote:I favor Two-Handed, yet I use light armor.

after i wrote this post i tested out two-handed a bit more and i agree with you shadow, i do however prefer heavy armor
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:09 am

Heavy Armour for life. Hell, Skyrim's skill tree rewards you at the end in the Heavy Armour branch for making it lighter and faster for ye and helping to cushion fall damage somewhat. That's the biggest blessing ever. lol. And I tend to go into a berzerker frenzy as an orc often with dual summoned swords up close so I need that heavy armour to take the physical hits while my summons pelt ranged attacks at the enemies.
I tested out two handed as well and it feels damn good. The two handed weapon summon :p
Like sweep apart everyone infront of you. Block, thrust then split your enemy in half down the middle. Feels so damn good.
But then I try to cast spells and realize that both my hands are occupied X'D
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:35 pm

A27theDemonKnight wrote:Heavy Armour for life. Hell, Skyrim's skill tree rewards you at the end in the Heavy Armour branch for making it lighter and faster for ye and helping to cushion fall damage somewhat. That's the biggest blessing ever. lol. And I tend to go into a berzerker frenzy as an orc often with dual summoned swords up close so I need that heavy armour to take the physical hits while my summons pelt ranged attacks at the enemies.
I tested out two handed as well and it feels damn good. The two handed weapon summon :p
Like sweep apart everyone infront of you. Block, thrust then split your enemy in half down the middle. Feels so damn good.

Beserker rage as an orc is the best. In D&D standards, they are like the Hulk and take down everything.
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Sir Derpsalot wrote:
A27theDemonKnight wrote:Heavy Armour for life. Hell, Skyrim's skill tree rewards you at the end in the Heavy Armour branch for making it lighter and faster for ye and helping to cushion fall damage somewhat. That's the biggest blessing ever. lol. And I tend to go into a berzerker frenzy as an orc often with dual summoned swords up close so I need that heavy armour to take the physical hits while my summons pelt ranged attacks at the enemies.

Beserker rage as an orc is the best. In D&D standards, they are like the Hulk and take down everything.

berserk in elder scrolls is almost OP if you ask me, the only really usefull racial greater powers according to me are orcs berserk, high elfs highborn (they regenerate magicka a LOT faster for a few seconds) argonians histkin (same as highborn but with health) and breton dragonskin (they absorb magic abilities that hit them for a few seconds and even without using this ability they have the highest resistance to magic) while the other abilities are usefull i think they are not as good as these (and the bosmers ability to command animals feel kinda weak if you ask me)
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:49 pm

kinda suprised no one has voted archery yet, it is actually preety awesome once you get some of the perks and becuse of faendal it is very very VERY easy to quickly level up
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:15 am

Archery. lmao. With Faendal around its a piece of cake. Seriously XD
I have absolutely no investment in this skill tree. At all. Apart from the fact that I suck in the use of bow and arrow both irl and in games. I've seen those who invest in Archery and it's damn good. Some series crits and damage by sneak headshots and such. Not very useful in close quarters combat tho lel. I've used Bound Bow to steal enemies souls from a distance while I constantly summoned in ice atronachs and lightning atronachs but that's no fun now, is it?
On a different note. Breton's special skill is pure overkill imo and I like it. If I had to take a more human race I'd take Bretons. I have a slight dislike for elves  Razz
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:35 am

meniallight5516 wrote:
Sir Derpsalot wrote:

berserk in elder scrolls is almost OP if you ask me, the only really usefull racial greater powers according to me are orcs berserk, high elfs highborn (they regenerate magicka a LOT faster for a few seconds) argonians histkin (same as highborn but with health) and breton dragonskin (they absorb magic abilities that hit them for a few seconds and even without using this ability they have the highest resistance to magic) while the other abilities are usefull i think they are not as good as these (and the bosmers ability to command animals feel kinda weak if you ask me)

The more you talk about what other races can do and what items do it just reminds me so much of Dungeons and Dragons version 3.5. You would think that someone who loves D&D would play Skyrim. I guess it's because I don't like how the camera is.
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:36 am

well it is possible to change the third person view if you want and you can adjust distance of the camera

anyway i agree with you A27 that conjuration is best magic, i just wish my damn ash guardian wasnt so lazy, my storm atronarch wasnt so stupid (he usually goes the opposite direction of where all the enemies he is trying to attack is) and yea thats it, i love my storm atronarch though XD

also breton to gud must nurf XD (i like bretons the most from a pure gameplay view but i prefer argonians in aperance and dunmer culture)
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 am

That reminds me
Storm Attronachs feel like they have the stupidest AI
I dont like Storm Attromachs much
They seem to be using the wrong abilities at the wrong times and its just so frustrating
I mostly use Flame Atronachs and they are the best. First and foremost (I don't care what anyone says) they are very sexy. Intelligent AI that knows when to close in and when to make distance between you and/or your enemies. Sets enemies on fire for Damage over Time. Flamethrower at close range. Fireballs at far range. Xonstantly accurately hits enemies at really long ranges with fireball including flyimg dragons. On death explodes for some serious damage. Levitates on ground so moves faster. Doesnt take much pace so its easier to work with them im closed spaces even. Cheapest atronach conjuration leading to a constant flow of summons from the conjurer.
Yeah. I love them flame atronachs a bit too much ._.
Besides storm atronachs are SO elven e_e
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:36 am

meniallight5516 wrote:well it is possible to change the third person view if you want and you can adjust distance of the camera

anyway i agree with you A27 that conjuration is best magic, i just wish my damn ash guardian wasnt so lazy, my storm atronarch wasnt so stupid (he usually goes the opposite direction of where all the enemies he is trying to attack is) and yea thats it, i love my storm atronarch though XD

also breton to gud must nurf XD (i like bretons the most from a pure gameplay view but i prefer argonians in aperance and dunmer culture)

So it's possible to make the camera far away from the character to see all around them like in The Legend of Zelda/Fable series/Tak?
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:20 am

Absolutely. You can zoom into first person or zoom out to third person and adjust the zoom levels yourself. Lel
But its an entirely exhilaratiing feeling doing fantasy fictio stuff in first person. And helps with ranged attacks mostly.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:39 am

That's awesome! I might give Skyrim a try now! Thanks, Demon~
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next