Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Lose 1 turn Ruling

Go down

Lose 1 turn Ruling Empty Lose 1 turn Ruling

Post by Stardog Sat May 30, 2015 10:34 pm

“This post is in regards to Lose 1 Turn and the rulings that were made at the 150th YCS last weekend in Columbus.
To start off, the ruling for Lose 1 Turn at Columbus would treat it largely like other effect negation in that if the monster effect activated on the field, it would be negated. This is consistent with how most negation works in Yu-Gi-Oh! and is the default way I treat any new negation effect.
The other commonly cited style of negation is that of Skill Drain. Effect negation through Skill Drain is different than most in that the location of the monster during resolution of the effect matters. The PSCT for Skill Drain makes this apparent with the text “negated while those monsters are face-up on the field”.
When you look at the PSCT for Lose 1 Turn, there is no similar text. It simply states “negate its effects”. If the PSCT for two cards are different, then there is probably a difference in how those two cards work.
I understand there is an OCG ruling that states the card is similar to Skill Drain. However, we do not follow OCG rulings here in the TCG. We follow the text of the card. This has contributed to differences in the past, and will probably continue to do so in the future. So while looking at OCG rulings is easier, I would encourage everyone to better learn the principles of PSCT and use that to determine how your cards work, as it will help you find those differences.
That being said, I have been told that R&D is looking at changing the text for Lose 1 Turn in a as-of-yet undetermined future printing to make the text similar to Skill Drain, as it does work in a similar fashion.”

This is a quote from Robert Wakeland, Head Judge of the 150th YCS.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down