Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OCG] 20th Anniversary Pack 2nd Wave Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 20th Anniversary Pack 2nd Wave Rulings Empty [OCG] 20th Anniversary Pack 2nd Wave Rulings

Post by Stardog Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:39 am

Rulings for the new cards released in the 20th Anniversary Pack 2nd Wave.

20AP-JP051 Cosmic Blazar Dragon

Q: Can Cosmic Blazar Dragon be Special Summoned by the effect of Limit Overdrive?
A: You can Special Summon Cosmic Blazar Dragon with the effect of Limit Overdrive. Cosmic Blazar Dragon is a Level 12 monster, so you must return 1 Tuner Synchro Monster and 1 non-Tuner Synchro Monster whose combined Levels equal 12 from your field to the Extra Deck when activating Limit Overdrive.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If Cosmic Blazar Dragon was Special Summoned by the effect of Limit Overdrive, can I activate its effects?
A: Even if Cosmic Blazar Dragon was Special Summoned by the effect of Limit Overdrive, you can activate its effects by banishing it from the field. Even in that case, Cosmic Blazar Dragon returns to the field during the End Phase.

Q: When I activate one of the effects of Cosmic Blazar Dragon by banishing it from the field, my opponent chains Solemn Strike to negate the activation. In this case, what happens to that banished Cosmic Blazar Dragon?
A: Banishing Cosmic Blazar Dragon until the End Phase is the cost to activate its effects. In this scenario, even if the activation of the effect is negated by Solemn Strike, Cosmic Blazar Dragon returns to the field during the End Phase.

Q: Can I activate the effect of Cosmic Blazar Dragon during the End Phase?
A: You can activate the effect of Cosmic Blazar Dragon during the End Phase. In that case, Cosmic Blazar Dragon is banished is the cost to activate its effect, and returned to the field during the same End Phase. (However, you cannot return Cosmic Blazar Dragon to the field while activating or resolving other card effects.)

Q: I activate the effect of Cosmic Blazar Dragon by banishing it until the End Phase. During the same turn, if Burial from a Different Dimension is activated and returns the banished Cosmic Blazar Dragon to the Graveyard, what happens during the End Phase?
A: If a Cosmic Blazar Dragon that was banished as the cost to activate its effect is returned to the Graveyard by the effect of Burial from a Different Dimension before the End Phase, it will not return to the field during the End Phase.

20AP-JP052 Clear Effector

Q: If I have no cards in my Deck, can I Synchro Summon using Clear Effector as a Synchro Material?
A: Even if you have no cards in your Deck, you can Synchro Summon using Clear Effector as a Synchro Material. In that case, after the successful Synchro Summon, the effect of Clear Effector will activate, but since you cannot draw a card from your Deck, you will lose the Duel.

Q: I Synchro Summon a Stardust Dragon using Bri Synchron and 2 copies of Clear Effector as Synchro Materials. In this case, will the effects of each Clear Effector activate?
A: In this scenario, if you Synchro Summoned using 2 copies of Clear Effector as Synchro Materials, the draw effect of each copy will activate together on the same Chain. Furthermore, when Stardust Dragon is Synchro Summoned, the effect that prevents it from being destroyed by card effects is applied immediately.

Q: I activate the effect of Junk Synchron, and Special Summon Clear Effector from my Graveyard with its effects negated. Afterward, if I Synchro Summon a Junk Warrior using Junk Synchron and Clear Effector as Synchro Materials, which effects of Clear Effector are applied?
A: As in this scenario, even if the effects of Clear Effector are negated because it was Special Summoned by the effect of Junk Synchron, the effects will be applied normally if Clear Effector is used for a Synchro Summon. In this scenario, the effect of Clear Effector that prevents Junk Warrior from being destroyed by card effects is applied immediately, also the effect of Junk Warrior that increases its ATK and the effect of Clear Effector that draws a card activate together on the same Chain. (You can activate the effects in any order.)

Q: A Drill Warrior that was Synchro Summoned using Clear Effector as Synchro Material is face-up on my field. Afterward, Drill Warrior is banished by its own effect and then Special Summoned during my following Standby Phase. In that case, will the effect of Clear Effector that prevents Drill Warrior from being destroyed by card effects still apply?
A: The effect of Clear Effector that prevents the Synchro Summoned monster from being destroyed by card effects is applied as long as that monster remains face-up on the field. In this scenario, if Drill Warrior leaves the field due to its own effect, the effect of Clear Effector is no longer applied. (After being Special Summoned again, it can be destroyed by card effects normally.)

Q: A Junk Destroyer that was Synchro Summoned using Clear Effector as Synchro Material is face-up on my field. If my opponent activates Book of Moon, and Junk Destroyer is changed to face-down Defense Position, will the effect of Clear Effector that prevents Junk Destroyer from being destroyed by card effects still apply?
A: The effect of Clear Effector that prevents the Synchro Summoned monster from being destroyed by card effects is applied as long as that monster remains face-up on the field. In this scenario, if Junk Destroyer is changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of Book of Moon, the effect of Clear Effector is no longer applied. (Junk Destroyer can be destroyed by card effects normally.)

20AP-JP053 Cosmic Flare

Q: Can I activate Cosmic Flare during the first turn of the Duel?
A: You cannot activate Cosmic Flare during the first turn of the Duel.

Q: Can I activate Cosmic Flare during my Main Phase 2 or End Phase?
A: You cannot activate Cosmic Flare during your Main Phase 2 or End Phase.

Q: I activate Cosmic Flare, targeting my Stardust Warrior. If my opponent chains Forbidden Lance and makes Stardust Warrior unaffected by Spell effects, how does Cosmic Flare resolve?
A: In this scenario, even if Forbidden Lance is chained to Cosmic Flare so that the targeted “Stardust” Synchro Monster is unaffected by Spell effects, the effect of Cosmic Flare is applied normally. When that monster battles an opponent’s monster this turn, the opponent’s monster is returned to the Deck at the start of the Damage Step.

Q: I activate Cosmic Flare, targeting my Stardust Warrior. During this turn, if that Stardust Warrior battles my opponent’s Odin, Father of the Aesir that is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects due to its own effect, what happens?
A: In this scenario, although the effect of Cosmic Flare will occur at the start of the Damage Step, since Odin, Father of the Aesir is unaffected by the effects of Spell Cards, the effect is not applied and the battle proceeds to damage calculation normally.

Q: If I use the effect of Stardust Dragon by applying the effect of a Cosmic Flare in my Graveyard, what is the procedure for activating and resolving the effect?
A: When you apply the effect of Cosmic Flare in your Graveyard to activate the effect of Stardust Dragon that negates a card or effect activation, you first declare the activation of the effect of Stardust Dragon and banish Cosmic Flare as the cost. (In this case, Stardust Dragon is not Tributed and it remains face-up in the Monster Zone.) Then, the effect resolves normally and negates the other card’s activation. Since Stardust Dragon was not Tributed, the effect that Special Summons it from the Graveyard during the End Phase does not activate.

Q: While there are 2 copies of Cosmic Flare in my Graveyard, if I activate the effect of Stardust Dragon that negates a card or effect activation, can I apply the effect of each Cosmic Flare?
A: Even if there are multiple copies of Cosmic Flare in your Graveyard such as in this scenario, you can only apply the effect of 1 copy when activating the effect of Stardust Dragon.

Q: Mask of Restrict is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect prevents players from Tributing cards. In this situation, if I apply the effect of a Cosmic Flare in my Graveyard, can I activate the effect of Stardust Dragon that negates a card or effect activation?
A: You cannot Tribute Stardust Dragon to activate its effect if the effect of Mask of Restrict is applying. However, if you apply the effect of Cosmic Flare and banish it from your Graveyard instead of Tributing, you can activate the effect of Stardust Dragon even if the effect of Mask of Restrict is applying.

Q: When my opponent activates Dark Hole, I activate the effect of Stardust Dragon by applying the effect of a Cosmic Flare in my Graveyard and banishing it instead of Tributing. If my opponent further chains Raigeki Break, can I activate the effect of Stardust Dragon again, by Tributing it?
A: If you activate the effect of Stardust Dragon by banishing Cosmic Flare from your Graveyard, since Stardust Dragon will remain on the field, you can activate its effect again when another card or effect that would destroy a card(s) on the field is activated, as in this scenario.

20AP-JP054 Converging Wishes

Q: If I activate Converging Wishes, but my opponent chains Mystical Space Typhoon and destroys that Converging Wishes, which effects of Converging Wishes are applied?
A: If Mystical Space Typhoon is chained to the activation of Converging Wishes, and Converging Wishes is destroyed, Stardust Dragon is still Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, but Converging Wishes cannot equip to it. (The part of the effect that banishes Stardust Dragon during the End Phase will be applied normally.) Since Converging Wishes was destroyed and could not be equipped, the effects that increase the ATK of Stardust Dragon and allow it to attack multiple times are not applied.

Q: I activate Converging Wishes and Special Summon a Stardust Dragon from my Extra Deck. Afterward, what happens if my opponent activates Mystical Space Typhoon and destroys Converging Wishes?
A: If a Converging Wishes equipped to Stardust Dragon is destroyed, the effects that increase the ATK of Stardust Dragon and allow it to attack multiple times cannot be applied. Even in that case, Stardust Dragon is banished during the End Phase normally.

Q: Can I activate Converging Wishes during my opponent’s turn?
A: You can activate Converging Wishes during your opponent’s turn. In that case, Stardust Dragon is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck and equipped with Converging Wishes, also it gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of all Dragon-Type Synchro Monsters in your Graveyard while equipped. However, even if an opponent’s monster is destroyed by battle with that Stardust Dragon during your opponent’s turn, you cannot activate the effect of Converging Wishes that allows Stardust Dragon to attack again. Also, Stardust Dragon is still banished during the End Phase normally.

Q: Imperial Iron Wall is face-up on the field, and its effect prevents players from banishing cards. In this case, can I activate Converging Wishes?
A: You can still activate Converging Wishes even if the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying. (Stardust Dragon is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck and equipped with Converging Wishes normally.) While the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, you cannot activate the effect of Converging Wishes that allows the equipped monster to attack again by banishing a Dragon-Type Synchro Monster from your Graveyard. Also, if the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying during the End Phase, Stardust Dragon will remain face-up on the field equipped with Converging Wishes. (Since it continues to be equipped, it will continue to gain ATK from the effect of Converging Wishes as well.) During following turns, if the effect of Imperial Iron Wall stops applying, the effect that banishes Stardust Dragon will apply during each End Phase.

Q: While I have Red Dragon Archfiend (3000 ATK), Black Rose Dragon (2400 ATK), Black-Winged Dragon (2800 ATK), Ancient Fairy Dragon (2100 ATK), and Life Stream Dragon (2900 ATK) in my Graveyard, I activate Converging Wishes and Special Summon a Stardust Dragon from my Extra Deck. While Converging Wishes is equipped to Stardust Dragon, if the number of Dragon-Type Synchro Monsters in my Graveyard changes, what happens to the ATK of Stardust Dragon?
A: In this scenario, while Stardust Dragon is equipped with Converging Wishes, it gains 13,200 ATK, so its ATK is 15,700. Afterward, if a new Dragon-Type Synchro Monster is sent to your Graveyard, the ATK of Stardust Dragon is recalculated. (For example, if an Infernity Doom Dragon is sent to your Graveyard afterward, Stardust Dragon gains an additional 3000 ATK and will have 18,700 ATK total.) Conversely, if a Dragon-Type Synchro Monster is removed from your Graveyard, the ATK of Stardust Dragon is reduced. (For example, if the Red Dragon Archfiend in your Graveyard is Special Summoned by the effect of Monster Reborn, Stardust Dragon loses 3000 ATK and will have 12,700 ATK total.)

20AP-JP055 Clashing Souls

Q: When my Junk Warrior attacks my opponent’s Red Dragon Archfiend, I activate Clashing Souls during damage calculation. When the effect resolves, can I choose not to pay any Life Points?
A: When the effect of Clashing Souls resolves, the player who controls the battling monster with lower ATK (in this case, Junk Warrior) has the first choice of either paying Life Points or not. You can also proceed without paying any Life Points. In that case, the opponent does not pay Life Points, and damage calculation is applied using the current ATK values of the battling monsters. Even in that case, neither player takes any battle damage from this battle, and all cards controlled by the player whose monster is destroyed by battle will be sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation. In this scenario, although you take no battle damage, Junk Warrior is destroyed and all cards on your field are sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation.

Q: When my Enlightenment Paladin attacks my opponent’s Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend, I activate Clashing Souls during damage calculation. When the effect resolves, if I pay 500 Life Points and increase the ATK of my Enlightenment Paladin, what happens if the ATK of both battling monsters is the same?
A: When the effect of Clashing Souls resolves, the player who controls the battling monster with lower ATK (in this case, Enlightenment Paladin) has the first choice of either paying Life Points or not. In this scenario, if you pay Life Points, Enlightenment Paladin gains 500 ATK and will have 3000 ATK, which is the same as your opponent’s Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend. At this point, since neither player controls the monster with lower ATK, Clashing Souls finishes resolving and damage calculation is performed as is. Both monsters are destroyed by battle, so all cards on both sides of the field are sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation.

Q: My opponent Tribute Summoned a Dozen Da’at Metatron, the True Draco Meksoldier by Tributing 1 monster, 1 Continuous Spell Card, and 1 Continuous Trap Card. In this situation, if I activate Clashing Souls during damage calculation when my Darktellarknight Batlamyus (2600 ATK) battles my opponent’s Dozen Da’at Metatron, the True Draco Meksoldier (3000 ATK), what happens?
A: When the effect of Clashing Souls resolves, the player who controls the battling monster with lower ATK (in this case, Darktellarknight Batlamyus) has the first choice of either paying Life Points or not. If you choose not to pay Life Points, your monster is destroyed by battle, so all cards on your field are sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation. Conversely, if you pay Life Points, the ATK of Darktellarknight Batlamyus is increased by 500 to 3100, and it will have more ATK than Dozen Da’at Metatron, the True Draco Meksoldier. Your opponent can now choose to pay Life Points or not, but even if they do, but since Dozen Da’at Metatron, the True Draco Meksoldier is unaffected by Spell effects, it does not gain any ATK. Since the effect of increasing its ATK could not be applied, the effect cannot be repeated and damage calculation is performed as is. Since your opponent’s Dozen Da’at Metatron, the True Draco Meksoldier is destroyed by battle, all cards on your opponent’s field (including Dozen Da’at Metatron, the True Draco Meksoldier) are sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation.

Q: During this turn, the effect of my opponent’s One Day of Peace that prevents either player from taking damage is applying. In this situation, can I activate Clashing Souls during damage calculation?
A: Even while the effect of One Day of Peace is applying, you can activate Clashing Souls. In that case, the effects of Clashing Souls are applied normally.

Q: When my Assault Beast (1900 ATK) battles my opponent’s Colossal Fighter (2800 ATK), I activate Clashing Souls during damage calculation. When the effect resolves, I pay Life Points until the ATK of Assault Beast is higher, and damage calculation is performed. In this case, can my opponent activate the effect of Colossal Fighter that Special Summons a Warrior-Type monster from the Graveyard when it is destroyed by battle?
A: In this scenario, the ATK of Assault Beast is increased above the ATK of Colossal Fighter by the effect of Clashing Souls, and damage calculation is performed afterward. In this case, neither player takes any battle damage from this battle, and all cards on your opponent’s field including Colossal Fighter are sent to the Graveyard. Since Colossal Fighter was not considered sent to the Graveyard by battle, its effect cannot be activated.

Q: When my Predaplant Dragostapelia (2700 ATK) battles my opponent’s Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon (3000 ATK), I activate Clashing Souls during damage calculation. When the effect resolves, if the result is that Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon has higher ATK than Predaplant Dragostapelia, can I apply the effect of a Predator Plast in my Graveyard to prevent Predaplant Dragostapelia from being destroyed by battle?
A: In this scenario, if the effect Clashing Souls results in Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon having higher ATK than Predaplant Dragostapelia, since Predaplant Dragostapelia would be destroyed by battle, you can then apply the effect of a Predator Plast in your Graveyard by banishing it. Since Predaplant Dragostapelia is not destroyed by battle, the effect of Clashing Souls that sends cards to the Graveyard after damage calculation is not applied.

Q: What happens if Clashing Souls and Forbidden Scripture are activated in the same Chain?
A: Both Clashing Souls and Forbidden Scripture are activated during damage calculation, and the resolution depends on the order in which they were activated in the Chain. If Forbidden Scripture is chained to Clashing Souls, the effect of Forbidden Scripture negates the effects of all other face-up cards on the field, so the effect of Clashing Souls is negated and damage calculation for this battle uses each monster’s original ATK and DEF. (Players take battle damage normally.) On the other hand, if Clashing Souls is chained to Forbidden Scripture, the effect of Clashing Souls is applied and determines the monster with higher ATK. Then, when Forbidden Scripture resolves, its effect makes it so that damage calculation for this battle uses each monster’s original ATK and DEF, regardless of the increases to their ATK. In this case, since the effect of Clashing Souls was already applied, neither player takes any battle damage from this battle, and all cards controlled by the player whose monster is destroyed by battle will be sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation.

Q: I attack my opponent’s face-up Attack Position Skystarray with Zoodiac Lyca that has Zoodiac Whiptail as Xyz Material. What happens if my opponent activates Clashing Souls during damage calculation?
A: When the effect of Clashing Souls resolves, the player who controls the battling monster with lower ATK (in this case, Skystarray) has the first choice of either paying Life Points or not. If the effect Clashing Souls results in Skystarray having higher ATK than Zoodiac Lyca, Zoodiac Lyca is destroyed by battle, and all cards on your field including Zoodiac Lyca are sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation. (In this case, the effect gained from Zoodiac Whiptail that banishes the opponent’s battling monster does not activate.) On the other hand, if the effect of Clashing Souls results in Zoodiac Lyca having higher ATK than Skystarray, Skystarray is destroyed by battle and all cards on your opponent’s field including Skystarray are sent to the Graveyard after damage calculation. (In this case, the effect gained from Zoodiac Whiptail that banishes the opponent’s battling monster will activate, but since the opponent’s monster is not on the field, the effect disappears.)

20AP-JP056 Light Wing Shield

Q: I activate the effect of Number 39: Utopia and negate an attack. At this time, if I activate 2 copies of Light Wing Shield and target Number 39: Utopia with the effect of both that makes its ATK become double its original ATK, what will its ATK become?
A: The effect of Light Wing Shield makes the targeted monster’s ATK become double its original ATK, but the new value is not considered the new original ATK. Since the ATK becomes double its original ATK, even if 2 copies of Light Wing Shield are activated, the ATK of Number 39: Utopia becomes 5000 until the end of this turn. (This is not any different than activating only 1 Light Wing Shield.)

Q: If a Number 39: Utopia Roots on my field has no Xyz Materials, can I activate its effect by applying the effect of a Light Wing Shield in my Graveyard and banishing it instead of detaching an Xyz Material?
A: As in this scenario, even if Number 39: Utopia Roots does not have any of its own Xyz Materials, you can activate its effect by applying the effect of a Light Wing Shield in your Graveyard.

Q: When I activate the effect of Number S39: Utopia the Lightning, can I apply the effects of 2 copies of Light Wing Shield in my Graveyard and banish them instead of detaching Xyz Materials?
A: The effect of banishing Light Wing Shield from your Graveyard can only be applied when you would activate the effect of a “Utopia” Xyz Monster by detaching only 1 Xyz Material. Therefore, you cannot apply the effect of Light Wing Shield when activating the effect of Number S39: Utopia the Lightning.

Q: When I activate the effect of Number 93: Utopia Kaiser, can I apply the effect of a Light Wing Shield in my Graveyard and banish it instead of detaching an Xyz Material?
A: The effect of banishing Light Wing Shield from your Graveyard can only be applied when you would activate the effect of a “Utopia” Xyz Monster by detaching only 1 Xyz Material. The effect of Number 93: Utopia Kaiser is not an effect that is activated by detaching Xyz Material. (The Xyz Material is detached when the effect resolves.) Therefore, you cannot apply the effect of Light Wing Shield when activating the effect of Number 93: Utopia Kaiser.

20AP-JP057 Halfway to Forever

Q: Can I Xyz Summon a Number F0: Utopic Future with the effect of Halfway to Forever?
A: You can Xyz Summon Number F0: Utopic Future with the effect of Halfway to Forever. When Xyz Summoning Number F0: Utopic Future, the required Xyz Materials are 2 Xyz Monsters with the same Rank other than “Number” monsters. When you activate Halfway to Forever, you must target 2 monsters in the Graveyard that are appropriate Xyz Materials for the Xyz Summon (such as Gagaga Cowboy and Gagaga Samurai).

Q: Can I Xyz Summon a Number 93: Utopia Kaiser with the effect of Halfway to Forever?
A: You cannot Xyz Summon Number 93: Utopia Kaiser with the effect of Halfway to Forever. When Xyz Summoning Number 93: Utopia Kaiser, the required Xyz Materials are 2 or more “Number” Xyz Monsters with the same Rank that have Xyz Material. Since Xyz Monsters in the Graveyard cannot have Xyz Materials, it is not possible to target the appropriate monsters to use for the Xyz Summon of Number 93: Utopia Kaiser when activating Halfway to Forever.

Q: If Dimensional Barrier was activated by declaring Xyz, and its effect is applying this turn, can I activate Halfway to Forever?
A: While the effect of Dimensional Barrier is applying, if Xyz was declared, you cannot activate Halfway to Forever.

Q: I activate Halfway to Forever, targeting an Acorno and a Pinecono in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains Dimensional Barrier and declares Xyz, how does the effect of Halfway to Forever resolve?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Halfway to Forever Special Summons the 2 targeted monsters normally, but since the effect of Dimensional Barrier is applying, you cannot perform an Xyz Summon afterward. (Acorno and Pinecono remain face-up on the field with their effects negated.)

Q: I activate Halfway to Forever, targeting a Gagaga Magician and a Gogogo Golem in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of their D.D. Crow and banishes Gagaga Magician from my Graveyard, how does the effect of Halfway to Forever resolve?
A: As in this scenario, if either of the 2 targeted monsters is no longer in the Graveyard when Halfway to Forever resolves, its effect is not applied. (Gogogo Golem remains in the Graveyard, and you do not perform an Xyz Summon.)

20AP-JP058 Contract with Don Thousand

Q: During this turn, the effect of my opponent’s One Day of Peace that prevents either player from taking damage is applying. In this situation, can I activate Contract with Don Thousand?
A: Even while the effect of One Day of Peace is applying, you can activate Contract with Don Thousand. Since the effect that makes each player lose 1000 Life Points is not considered damage, it applies normally.

Q: When I activate Contract with Don Thousand, my opponent chains Mystical Space Typhoon and destroys Contract with Don Thousand. In this case, what happens to the effect that makes each player lose 1000 Life Points and draw 1 card?
A: If Mystical Space Typhoon is chained to the activation of Contract with Don Thousand, and Contract with Don Thousand is destroyed, the effect is not applied. (Neither player loses Life Points nor draws a card.)

Q: When I activate Contract with Don Thousand, the card I draw with its effect is Palladium Oracle Mahad. In this case, can I activate the effect of Palladium Oracle Mahad that Special Summons it from my hand?
A: In this scenario, when Contract with Don Thousand resolves, the effect that makes each player reveal any card they draw is applied immediately, so Palladium Oracle Mahad will be revealed when drawn by the effect. At this time, since you cannot reveal Palladium Oracle Mahad while it is already revealed, you cannot activate its effect.

Q: Contract with Don Thousand is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect that reveals cards that are drawn while it is face-up is applying. If I am revealing a Spell Card in my hand due to that effect, so that I cannot Normal Summon/Set monsters, can I Normal Summon a Gemini monster treated as a Normal Monster to have it become an Effect Monster?
A: Normal Summoning a Gemini monster on the field that is treated as a Normal Monster is still a Normal Summon, so you cannot Normal Summon a Gemini monster this way while the effect of Contract with Don Thousand is revealing a Spell Card in your hand. (However, you can treat Gemini monsters as Effect Monsters using effects such as Supervise and Super Double Summon.)

Q: Contract with Don Thousand is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect that reveals cards that are drawn while it is face-up is applying. If I activate and resolve Imperial Order, what happens to the cards that are being revealed in each player’s hand?
A: When the effect of Imperial Order is applied, and the effects of Contract with Don Thousand are negated, cards revealed by its effect stop being revealed. Also, even if the effect of Imperial Order stops applying, so that the effects of Contract with Don Thousand reapply, the cards in the hand that were previously revealed will not be revealed again. (Newly drawn cards will be revealed normally.)

20AP-JP059 Spiral Flame Strike

(No Q&A rulings.)

20AP-JP060 Dueltainment

Q: Dueltainment is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, I attempt to Pendulum Summon 5 monsters with different Levels. If my opponent activates Solemn Judgment and negates the Pendulum Summon, do I still draw 2 cards with the first “●” effect of Dueltainment?
A: As in this scenario, if you attempt to Pendulum Summon 5 monsters with different Levels, but the Summon is negated, you do not draw cards using the first “●” effect of Dueltainment.

Q: Dueltainment is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, I activate Pot of Duality as Chain Link 1, then my opponent activates the effect of Ghost Ash & Spring Flowers as Chain Link 2, then I activate the effect of Humid Winds as Chain Link 3, then my opponent activates Mystical Space Typhoon as Chain Link 4, and lastly I activate Imperial Order as Chain Link 5. In this case, do I draw 2 cards with the third “●” effect of Dueltainment?
A: In this scenario, you activated a card/effect at Chain Link 5. However, due to the effect of Imperial Order which was activated at Chain Link 5, the effects of Dueltainment are also negated, so you do not draw 2 cards with the effect of Dueltainment. Also, even if you activate another effect as Chain Link 5 during the same turn while the effect of Imperial Order is no longer applying, you do not draw cards using the third “●” effect of Dueltainment.

Q: Dueltainment is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, I activate Jar of Greed as Chain Link 1, then my opponent activates Royal Decree as Chain Link 2, then I activate Mystical Space Typhoon as Chain Link 3, then my opponent activates a second Royal Decree as Chain Link 4, then I activate Chain Strike as Chain Link 5, and lastly my opponent activates the effect of D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried as Chain Link 6, targeting Chain Strike. In this case, does each player draw 2 cards with the third “●” effect of Dueltainment?
A: In this scenario, both players activated cards/effects at Chain Link 5 or higher. First, when the effect of D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried finishes resolving at Chain Link 6, your opponent draws 2 cards with the effect of Dueltainment. Then, after Chain Strike resolves at Chain Link 5, you draw 2 cards. (The effect of Chain Strike is negated by the effect of D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried, but since the card’s activation was still successful, you still draw with the effect of Dueltainment.)

Q: Dueltainment is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, I activate Just Desserts as Chain Link 1, Secret Barrel as Chain Link 2, Ojama Trio as Chain Link 3, Accumulated Fortune as Chain Link 4, then Chain Strike as Chain Link 5, but lastly my opponent activates Vanity’s Call as Chain Link 6. In this case, if the activations of my cards are negated, do I draw 2 cards with the third “●” effect of Dueltainment?
A: In this scenario, your opponent will draw 2 cards with the effect of Dueltainment after resolving Vanity’s Call as Chain Link 6. Then, since the activation of your Chain Strike was negated by your opponent’s Vanity’s Call, you do not draw cards using the third “●” effect of Dueltainment.

Q: Dueltainment is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, if I activate the effects of 2 copies of Barrel Dragon and resolve their effects, do I draw 2 cards with the fourth “●” effect of Dueltainment?
A: Since the effect of Barrel Dragon performs 3 coin tosses when it resolves, after you activate and resolve the effect of a second Barrel Dragon, you draw 2 cards with the fourth “●” effect of Dueltainment.

Q: Dueltainment is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, I activate Ring of Destruction and destroy an opponent’s monster, and the damage I take reduces my Life Points to 500 or less. In this case, do I draw 2 cards with the fifth “●” effect of Dueltainment?
A: Even if your Life Points reach 500 or less by taking effect damage from your own card effect, once that effect resolves, you draw 2 cards with the fifth “●” effect of Dueltainment.

Q: Dueltainment is face-up in my Field Zone. In this situation, if I take battle damage from an opponent’s attack and my Life Points are reduced to 500 or less, do I draw 2 cards with the fifth “●” effect of Dueltainment?
A: Even if your Life Points reach 500 or less by taking battle damage, you draw 2 cards with the fifth “●” effect of Dueltainment. (You draw immediately after damage calculation.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down