Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Rate Mah UU Team

2 posters

Go down

Rate Mah UU Team Empty Rate Mah UU Team

Post by Rea Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:09 pm

Yeah Yeah, its a "rate my team" post, been working on this team on and off for a little bit so i figured its time i got a second opinion on it:

Wall-E (Porygon2) @ Eviolite  
Ability: Analytic  
EVs: 156 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpA / 96 SpD  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Thunder Wave  
- Tri Attack  
- Ice Beam  
- Recover  

Doom Tree (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Leaf Storm  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  
- Focus Blast  

U Know What Dis Do (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Compound Eyes  
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Sticky Web  
- Thunder  
- Thunder Wave  
- Volt Switch  

Leedle Bomber (Azelf) @ Choice Band  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 216 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Explosion  
- Fire Punch  
- Knock Off  
- Ice Punch  

Derpeon (Sylveon) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Cute Charm  
EVs: 156 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpA / 92 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Wish  
- Toxic  
- Protect  
- Hyper Voice  

Heavy (Forretress) @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Spikes

so thats pretty much it...
I can haz opinions?

Last edited by Patchouli Knowledge on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rea
Rea

Magician Credits : 1470

Character sheet
BountyBounty2--
NotorietyNotoriety30201
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Rate Mah UU Team Empty Re: Rate Mah UU Team

Post by Flare Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:07 pm

This team's overall type coverage is pretty good. Your overall team is still weak to Poison, Fairy and Ice with no resists. You should be fine from Poison since the only forms you'd see it is Toxic, Toxic Spikes or Crobat. But the Fairy weakness might need to be worked on.

Especially since Sylveon is the most used pokemon in UU. According to August 2016 listings, Sylveon has a 21.5% usage in UU, which makes it very common to see in a lot of teams. Your best bet against Sylveon or Florges is to weaken it a couple times with entry hazards and hit it with Poison Jab from Haxorus. Which still wouldn't do a lot, it would only do 45.6%-54.3% on a Sylveon with max Def with a nature that boosts Def with max on HP. Meanwhile, Sylveon can retaliate with Hyper Voice that will OHKO Haxorus. Against Florges, it would have the same result. Poison Jab would only do 48.8%-57.7% and Florges will OHKO Haxorus. Explosion from Azelf will only do 63.1%-74.3% to Sylveon with previously mentioned stats. Mega-Beedrill can be a good check to Sylveon, Poison Jab doing 92.3%-109.6% and Sylveon only being able to do 30.2%-35.7% from Hyper Voice.

The Ice weakness might be a problem if you come against Mamoswine since it's also a common pokemon in this tier, and a lot of Water types since a majority of them run Ice moves. Mamoswine can be annoying if it's the variant that runs Focus Sash. Meaning that even if you can OHKO, it can still retaliate and then use priority Ice Shard.

What's kind of funny is that the previously mentioned 3 types are all types that are super effective to Mega-Sceptile. 2 minor issues is that the team is only slightly weak to Flying, another type super effective to Sceptile. Which you shouldn't worry too much since the only form of Flying attacks you'll commonly see is Brave Bird Crobat or a Gyarados that is deciding to run Bounce. Another thing is that the team is slightly weak to Rock. The only Pokemon on your team weak to Rock is Galvantula. Your whole team will be taking neutral damage from switch ins (apart from Galvantula who will take double damage). If entry hazards annoy you, you might want to invest in a spinner or defogger.
Flare
Flare

Magician Credits : 805

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum