Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

"Greed"- the society we live in

3 posters

Go down

"Greed"- the society we live in Empty "Greed"- the society we live in

Post by StardoostLegend Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrsIbnZOA9Y

This video has gotten me thinking, I mean, just watch it and you'll shed a tear or two. It just shows that we can be better together then apart, that caring for others is stronger then caring for yourself. This video just shows the nature of the world we live in today. So many people when young are full of hope and joy, they are just rays of sunshine waiting to shine and show themselves to the world. But as they get older, people start to change, some people carry on their whole being, but others loose themselves to things like drugs, or money or just any of the false pleasures of the world. They loose sight of what is truly important, it could be happening to any of us and we don't even know it. It's about how we need to overcome this all, not lose who we are to these things. Why has society become so selfish? The only way to get up in the world we live in is to put yourself first, instead of putting others first. What happened to the world were blood was thicker then water? Why is it that we must choose between our families or our careers, instead of both? Why are we so blinded by all these things that we've made? Have we made these pleasures to merely distract us from what is truly important? Are people too awkward to communicate with loved ones? What has happened to us as people!?

I wish people could stay the same ray of sunshine they were born as, to not lose sight of who they were! Why must we live in a world were we must fight back, instead of embrace eachother? We live in a world were violence, heartbreak and death are daily parts of life. We need to open our eyes and realize that we were meant to be united instead of divided. We need to do the right thing no matter how hard it seems and put ourselves last, so that everything else can come into place. Is money and drugs and objects going to bring us permanent joy and happiness? No. These things are distractions, they last for mere moments, but the friends we have and the loved ones we know, the time we spend with them will give you happiness to last for a life time. Life should be measured by how you lived and the things you did, not by how much money you made. And we shouldn't shun out people who have gone down into this dark abyss of false pleasure. There is always still hope, we need to be children at heart. Children are always so hopeful and happy, and so open minded. A child's mind is like a lantern, shining in all directions and shining freely, our minds are spotlights, only focusing on things we value: ourselves.

If you've stayed with me this long, I thank you. Please take into consideration what has been said.
StardoostLegend
StardoostLegend
Heraldic King

Magician Credits : 3282

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12101
FameFame000

http://the-heraldic-sword.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

"Greed"- the society we live in Empty Re: "Greed"- the society we live in

Post by Kiernan Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:43 pm

So... wait. You're saying the sun does NOT revolve around me?
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:52 pm

i wish things were as simple as you make it seem dusty, i think your a huge idealist but hey thats not nescecarily bad, im just to cynical to ever hold this view again :/ i apreciate that you made this post though
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by StardoostLegend Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:23 am

Meniallight wrote:i wish things were as simple as you make it seem dusty, i think your a huge idealist but hey thats not nescecarily bad, im just to cynical to ever hold this view again :/ i apreciate that you made this post though

Yeah, I can get really philosophical at points, but I just honestly feel like this is true, even for myself. It's so ironic that I am self aware of this, but am trying to stop it. It just shows how large the damage is, but nothing is fully done until your fully an adult. Those teen years of your life is when greed and selfishness start to attack most, through the awkwardness of your path to adulthood, never loose sight of who you were meant to be Menial. Remember the child you were born as. You grow old in age, but you are the same child at heart. No matter what changes you, no matter what this evil world will throw at you, you must keep stronghold of your soul. I mean just look, were we meant to fight against eachother? People against people, societies against societies, Nations against nations!
StardoostLegend
StardoostLegend
Heraldic King

Magician Credits : 3282

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12101
FameFame000

http://the-heraldic-sword.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:37 am

StardustLegend wrote:
Meniallight wrote:i wish things were as simple as you make it seem dusty, i think your a huge idealist but hey thats not nescecarily bad, im just to cynical to ever hold this view again :/ i apreciate that you made this post though

Yeah, I can get really philosophical at points, but I just honestly feel like this is true, even for myself. It's so ironic that I am self aware of this, but am trying to stop it. It just shows how large the damage is, but nothing is fully done until your fully an adult. Those teen years of your life is when greed and selfishness start to attack most, through the awkwardness of your path to adulthood, never loose sight of who you were meant to be Menial. Remember the child you were born as. You grow old in age, but you are the same child at heart. No matter what changes you, no matter what this evil world will throw at you, you must keep stronghold of your soul. I mean just look, were we meant to fight against eachother? People against people, societies against societies, Nations against nations!

i can understand getting all philosophical about this stuff, and you may be right but even if i do thousands of good deeds everyday this earth will not become much better, humanity is to flawed and while it isnt to late just becuse it CAN get better doesnt mean it will
I could go on about how i believe this wolrd is a sucky place but i will just say this, i think this world is a hellhole but it is better to have fun then just drag yourself down with that.
As for the fighting thing.... i believe it is in human nature, it is horrible but we have always and will always compete for dominance
i understand your point of view however, im simply much more cynical but on the bright side i do not think the world will get much worse, it certainly CAN but there are enough kind-hearted people in this world for it to not get any worse at least
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content