Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

One of Us, One of Them - Official Rules and Sign Up

+6
α27theDemonKnight
Hawkeye
Flip Flapper
Akaneia
Arc V Yuto
Khina Bree
10 posters

Go down

One of Us, One of Them - Official Rules and Sign Up Empty One of Us, One of Them - Official Rules and Sign Up

Post by Khina Bree Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:36 am

"One of Us, One of Them"

29 February, 1988

The day of the massive solar storm that changed our lives forever. It altered the very course of history, whether the general public knows it or not. My father had already been doing his genetics research when the storm happened. He called the storm a Miracle. Claimed that thanks to it, he could finally prove his thesis. Naturally no one believed him, not even me. I was a young woman then, with high ambitions and goals. Why would I believe the rantings of a madman who believed that a human could walk through walls?

The storm, as it turns out, did something even my father couldn't have discovered on his own. Something in the radiations crept into the atmosphere, altering human DNA all over the planet. At least that's what we believe to have occurred. How else do you explain the sudden occurrences of human-spontaneous-combustion? Or a man who defies gravity? A girl who can enter your mind and control your every thought? At first it was terrifying, but eventually, a group of men and women began to keep the "problem" under control. They said they would "keep them safe" and took them away in a van. Eventually I found out who these people were.

Calibur Pharmaceuticals. What would a pharmaceutical company want with these people? All these "gifted" individuals? I spent the next few years trying to find answers, only to wind up on the wrong side of things.

17 November, 1993

One of the field men from Calibur caught me trying to spy on him and his partner. He made me an offer, saying that the company had been watching me for a while now. I accepted, and was giving a job in the R&D department of Calibur Pharmaceuticals. My first day wasn't what I imagined however. Rather than be given my cubicle and assignments after the tour, the man I had met before, who called himself Grey, took me to a section in the storage area where he took me into a manager's office. Once inside, he entered a few numbers on a safe in the back...and the entire room began to descend.

Deep below the ground, underneath Calibur Pharmaceuticals main headquarters, was an entire underground facility. It looked like something from a TV show or a movie. Large walkways overtop of what looked almost like tennis courts where individuals both young as children and old as middle-age were training. Practicing special abilities! I asked what was going on. Grey turned to me with a smile, one of those "Reassuring-but-don't-ask-me-too-much" kind of smiles and told me that this facility was a school. A center for those with gifts to learn to control their abilities in a safe manner. Though some of them, he explained in a lower level of the "school," are too dangerous to be let out. Section 6, a holding area for individuals with powers beyond their understanding or control. Apparently they were combative, psychotic, and even homocidal.

My job became clear when I made it to the labs. They wanted to find a way to "cure" these abilities as well as be able to induce them into un-gifted people. I had no shortage of test subjects either.

Session Recording 024
Subject Alpha-0-E
Spoiler:
Session Recording 057
Subject Delta-7-S
Spoiler:
==========================================
Role-Play Rules and Sign Up
==========================================

In this role-play, each of you plays an individual who is caught up in the mystery of the Solar Storm, Calibur Pharmaceuticals and the Abilities some people have. You do not have to have an ability of your own and can play a normal person. If you wish to play as an individual with abilities, please note that some powers are forbidden.

The role-play takes place in the not-too-distant future, beginning on 29 February, 2016. You may begin play in nearly any location in the world but try to keep it in major or well-known cities/towns. (No made-up locations without approval.) You can be nearly anyone you wish. From a young child who can shooting beams of energy to an old woman who can screech a supersonic shockwave. The options are nearly limitless.

Characters will also be classified into one of Five groups to "rank" their level of power and danger to society. This classification is not determined by the players but by the GM.

Epsilon: These characters have no displayed abilities and are considered "normal" humans.

Delta: These individuals have low-level power for abilities that can almost never cause harm.

Beta: The more common variety of Gifted. Betas have obvious abilities but are nearly harmless in most circumstances. Such as Telepaths, Diviners, Enhanced Hearing/Scent/Feeling, Flyers.

Alpha: More powerful but not always dangerous Gifted. These are the type who draw the most attention from Calibur. Shifters, Telekinetics, Walkers, Suggesters, etc. Alphas are powerful but not always a threat.

Omega: The dangerous variety of Gifted. These individuals have high levels of power and dangerous abilities, such as Bursters, Shriekers, Manipulators, and so forth.

Forbidden Abilities
Time Control of any kind
Teleportation of any kind
Cosmic Power (IE you cannot be the Silver Surfer or a Genie)
Invincibilty (You can have increased durability however)
No God-Like Powers such as "Complete control over X element" or "manipulation of reality"
Manipulation of the Dead

Abilities with Restrictions

Speedster
-Super speed is allowed, but nothing of "The Flash" level. Max speed permitted is 157 mph (252.7 km/h)

Immortality
-Essentially, the need to eat, sleep, breath and age is removed. Death CAN still occur by other means.

Suggestion
-The power of suggestion would technically allow for "god-modding" and as such will have limitations. You can only attempt to push thoughts into the minds of others, but not control their minds. (Example: "You will run away now" is not permitted but "You don't want to be here" is acceptable.) So long as the Suggestion is not a direct command and merely plants an idea into their head, it is acceptable.

Please note that abilities chosen by participants are subject to review and may be denied if deemed too powerful

If you're interested in joining, please post below. After we get SIX OR MORE participants, I will post the Character Sheet for sign ups.

Last edited by Sketch, the Game Master on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

One of Us, One of Them - Official Rules and Sign Up Empty Re: One of Us, One of Them - Official Rules and Sign Up

Post by Arc V Yuto Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:46 am

I would like to join.
Arc V Yuto
Arc V Yuto
The Phantom Duelist

Magician Credits : 665

Character sheet
BountyBounty100--
NotorietyNotoriety12501
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

One of Us, One of Them - Official Rules and Sign Up Empty Re: One of Us, One of Them - Official Rules and Sign Up

Post by Akaneia Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:50 am

I'd like to join in.
Akaneia
Akaneia
King of UU

Magician Credits : 651

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:02 pm

I would really like to join (breaking the mold)
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkeye Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Il gladly join
Hawkeye
Hawkeye
Retired Staff

Magician Credits : 606

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:08 pm

Count me right in *lights pipe*
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatu Alucard Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:44 pm

As we do in the battle dome,
/me in.
Nosferatu Alucard
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Magician Credits : 8429

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame24271

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:52 pm

That was quick.

Character sheets will be posted soon.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Lamperouge Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:21 pm

lol can i be sylar
Lelouch Lamperouge
Lelouch Lamperouge
The Legendary Fisherman

Magician Credits : 363

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Lamperouge Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:25 pm

i'll settle for peter's power from season 3, where i can only mimic one power at a time.
Lelouch Lamperouge
Lelouch Lamperouge
The Legendary Fisherman

Magician Credits : 363

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:46 pm

As I said in the chat, I can easily allow for the power to mimic another ability while in close proximity but not the ability to copy upon touch.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:38 pm

I'll join. I want to claim my power now. The power to replicate whatever they see. For example, if they watch the Olympics with the gymnastic, they can perfectly replicate it. I call this power, Jack of All Trades.
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Magician Credits : 1826

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Can i join as well?
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Magician Credits : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:21 pm

Sign up is posted. If you plan to join just head over and make a character sheet
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:19 am

Update:
The role-play will officially start Monday (10 August 2015) Character SHeet entries will be accepted until next Friday (14 August 2015).

Keep it creative guys. Remember that this isn't some contest to win. Just a casual role-play.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:59 am

One of Us, One of Them - Official Rules and Sign Up Front%20Text_zpsk98i32p4

Three days until we begin! Just a heads up, I'll have a bit of monologue for each "Chapter" of the story to sort of explain what's been going on AND I will have various threads for different areas in the world.

Remember, I'll accept character entries until next Friday so its not too late to join!
One of Us, One of Them - Official Rules and Sign Up End%20Text_zpszdwf6hju
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down