Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Advice for my fear of heights (going to six flags)

5 posters

Go down

Advice for my fear of heights (going to six flags) Empty Advice for my fear of heights (going to six flags)

Post by StardoostLegend Wed May 27, 2015 4:35 am

Okay, so I have a fear of heights and I'm always scared of high, nearly 90 degree big drops on roller coasters, and I'm going to six flags for my Stage band's high note festival. After the festival we are allowed to go on rides and stuff and roam around with chapperones, For anybody who's been to six flags, what rides should I avoid?? I don't like anything with a large drop, or a bottomless coaster, and the only ride that I know of there that I think I'd like is Nitro so.. any other rides to recommend???
StardoostLegend
StardoostLegend
Heraldic King

Magician Credits : 3282

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12101
FameFame000

http://the-heraldic-sword.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Advice for my fear of heights (going to six flags) Empty Re: Advice for my fear of heights (going to six flags)

Post by Flip Flapper Wed May 27, 2015 6:27 am

i dont have any ideas since im not afraid of heights (lucky for me since in our family we have a tradition that at least once during a sons life their father and them will go to the top of a bigass mountain in the north of my country with a name translating to "the sleeping lion")
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Advice for my fear of heights (going to six flags) Empty Re: Advice for my fear of heights (going to six flags)

Post by Flint Wed May 27, 2015 9:03 am

Usually I find closing your eyes to be helpful. I used to do this when I was younger but as I got older, roller coasters have become much more fun.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Wed May 27, 2015 11:08 am

Listen to Lint. That helps the most. Also draw in and clench your guts tightly if it feels hollow
I too have a fear of heights but that when I'm usually on my own two feet and my mind knows that I could fall.
Inside a machine or something that I'm sure would not fall, like a single engined plane per say, I am not afraid of heights at all.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Wed May 27, 2015 11:34 am

i do however have an idea for roller coasters, just pretend the entire way up never happened, for me that is worse then when it goes full speed and stuff
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Wed May 27, 2015 11:42 am

The fear is all in your mind Stardust
Let the machine that you are strapped in to comfort you so
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by greg_scott Wed May 27, 2015 4:49 pm

I haven't been to a six flags in years. Okay you're afraid of heights, it's cool. I was when I was young too. The simplest way to overcome your fear is to just go through it, take a real scary ride that makes you panic, take a deep breath knowing you will panic when you get on, grip your handrail once you're seated on the roller coaster, relax your muscles because they will tense up in fear, and just watch the ride. By the time you get off, you'd be wanting to ride it again. I've been there before since I went to Six Flags- Astroworld plenty of times as a kid.
greg_scott
greg_scott

Magician Credits : 161

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum