Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[V Jump November 2016] Limit Regulations for October 1st Onwards

+3
Kira Yoshikage
Zaio Volnutt
Stardog
7 posters

Go down

[V Jump November 2016] Limit Regulations for October 1st Onwards Empty [V Jump November 2016] Limit Regulations for October 1st Onwards

Post by Stardog Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Forbidden:
Level Eater

Limited:
Cyber-Stein
Magician of Faith
Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin
PSY-Framelord Omega

Semi-Limited:
Artifact Moralltach
Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning
D/D Lamia
D/D Swirl Slime
Wisdom-Eye Magician
Inzektor Dragonfly
Mathematician
Star Seraph Sovereignty
El Shaddoll Fusion
Monster Gate
Domain of the True Monarchs

Unlimited:
Qliphort Scout
Sangan
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Charge of the Light Brigade
Gateway of the Six
Sinister Shadow Games
Wall of Revealing Light
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

[V Jump November 2016] Limit Regulations for October 1st Onwards Empty Re: [V Jump November 2016] Limit Regulations for October 1st Onwards

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:53 am

Rip Level Eater, i take it they started noticing that Level eater is making waves for Dark Synchros just like Fishborg Blaster did for Water Synchros
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Magician Credits : 7307

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

[V Jump November 2016] Limit Regulations for October 1st Onwards Empty Re: [V Jump November 2016] Limit Regulations for October 1st Onwards

Post by Kira Yoshikage Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:01 pm

They hit Level Eater, which wasn't even the problem.... But they hit Omega, which is the problem.... What was even the point in banning Level Eater? Killing off half of the Synchro decks that exist?
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Beerus Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Karma Akabane wrote:They hit Level Eater, which wasn't even the problem.... But they hit Omega, which is the problem.... What was even the point in banning Level Eater? Killing off half of the Synchro decks that exist?

Don't tell me you gonna call me just to bitch about this to me as well right?
Lord Beerus
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 197

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:05 pm

Omega isnt really a problem tbh, Level eater is the one card that allowed degenerate loops in synchro decks. Heck if it was a once per turn situation then level eater wouldnt have faced the ban hammer which is why i kinda consider level eater the dark synchro to be similar to Fishborg Blaster in Water Synchros.

And dont get me started on Assault Black Wing Sohaya the Rain Storm which promotes Dark Synchro very well with Level eater.

Do note: With Omega going to one it will Cripple the hand loop greatly since two is the best number to create it.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Yoshikage Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:24 pm

-_- Yare yare daze....
Level Eater was NOT the problem.
The 2 cards that are the issue are Omega and Gofu.
Gofu is what makes the Sohaya BSery even possible. If he didn't exist, then Dark Synchro wouldn't even be played.
Secondly, Omega is only reason the Hand Loop was even possible. You can't tell me that Level Eater was the real problem there, because many decks can hand loop using Omega without it.
Finally, and this is just a side note, decks like Synchro Fusionist and Dark Synchro are VERY prone to bricking, and die harder to the side deck than anything else.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Karma Akabane wrote:-_- Yare yare daze....
Level Eater was NOT the problem.
The 2 cards that are the issue are Omega and Gofu.
Gofu is what makes the Sohaya BSery even possible. If he didn't exist, then Dark Synchro wouldn't even be played.
Secondly, Omega is only reason the Hand Loop was even possible. You can't tell me that Level Eater was the real problem there, because many decks can hand loop using Omega without it.
Finally, and this is just a side note, decks like Synchro Fusionist and Dark Synchro are VERY prone to bricking, and die harder to the side deck than anything else.

Soooooo implying that the new cards get banned instead of the old one? might as well just ban pot of desires and limit pot of greed tbh. :Kappa:

Also another thing is anyone not gonna take the fact that Scout and Gateway is at three now?!
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Yoshikage Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:31 pm

No, I'm saying that the problems need to be hit (Granted Omega got hit, so what in the actual fuck Konami?), not an irrelevant card that supports decks that aren't even viable. Blackwings don't even play Gofu, and PSY-Frames barely even use Omega. Don't hit a card that lets so many rogue decks play the game. Since when did decks top with Level Eater until Gofu and Omega came into existance? Never.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Beerus Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:33 pm

Karma Akabane wrote:No, I'm saying that the problems need to be hit, not an irrelevant card that supports decks that aren't even viable. Blackwings don't even play Gofu, and PSY-Frames barely even use Omega. Don't hit a card that lets so many rogue decks play the game. Since when did decks top with Level Eater until Gofu and Omega came into existance? Never.

Karma getting salty atm. Listen this is the OCG we are talking about they have shit WE fucking don't have so their reasoning for hitting level eater is their own fucking choice and who knows a deck with level eater could have topped in the OCG you never know.
Lord Beerus
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame41221

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Yoshikage Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Ok, first of all. No decks in OCG topped with Level Eater until Gofu and Omega were a thing. This is a known fact.
Second of all, these Dark Synchro and Hand Loop decks running around are using things that both formats have so you can't argue that point.
Check your facts, Gin.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Beerus Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:42 pm

Karma Akabane wrote:Ok, first of all. No decks in OCG topped with Level Eater until Gofu and Omega were a thing. This is a known fact.
Second of all, these Dark Synchro and Hand Loop decks running around are using things that both formats have so you can't argue that point.
Check your facts, Gin.

Let me get this through your head. THE OCG HAVE SHIT WE DO NOT HAVE ARE YOU THAT FUCKING STUPID. Fucking birdbrain lel
Lord Beerus
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame41221

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Yoshikage Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:45 pm

>_> Looks like the pot's calling the kettle black, to me.
Also, all of the Dark Synchro and Hand Loop decks running around are using things that both formats have so you can't argue that point.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Beerus Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Karma Akabane wrote:>_> Looks like the pot's calling the kettle black, to me.
Also, all of the Dark Synchro and Hand Loop decks running around are using things that both formats have so you can't argue that point.

Do i also gotta mention that you only pointed out that Gofu and omega are the problems which is really inaccurate. From this point Gofu, Level eater and omega are the 3 problem cards you dingus.
Lord Beerus
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame41221

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Yoshikage Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:51 pm

I'm saying that Level Eater ISN'T the problem if you haven't gotten it already, and Gofu/Omega ARE the problems. Keep calling me a dumbass and a dingus, when you're making yourself look even dumber.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Rea Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:43 pm

Karma Akabane wrote:I'm saying that Level Eater ISN'T the problem if you haven't gotten it already, and Gofu/Omega ARE the problems. Keep calling me a dumbass and a dingus, when you're making yourself look even dumber.

:HoldIt!:

actually you my friend, are very very wrong in this circumstance, as by continuing this argument and refusing to look at this from the other party's view, you yourself are actually making yourself look STUPID AS FUCK.

now let us review the facts here

:WrightDoc:

Level Eater is banned
and has been banned BECAUSE it has obviously been viewed as a problem in the OCG

and as such they decided it needed to die. why? because of the rise of these "dark synchro" decks that, upon studying
abuse the level 5 tuners that easily summon themselves, like gofu, and HEAVILY ABUSED Level Eater

:GodotSwing:

NOW, as with the combination of the above cards, one easily got a turn 1 TG hyper librarian from SSing gofu and summon leveleater, then summoning a blackwing oroshi, brought back level eater, synch into formula synchron, and rinse and repeat with many synchros, turning one play into a very, very, VERY large plus and potentially allows you to draw your entire deck and use it in a single turn, as level 5 tuners could abuse it relatively easily.

Gofu
is not the problem, it is Level Eater's High Abusability, and the decks that did so, that got Level Eater banned, as cards like Gofu did NOT open the gateways to 10+ synchro plays in a single turn. it was Level Eater's High Abusability that opened said gateways, and as such Level Eater has been sentenced to a lengthy ban as viewed by the OCG Konami who try much, much harder to keep a Healthy Gamestate than TCG Konami.

:GodotNo:

So in conclusion, Level Eater was indeed a problem, and had risen to konami's notice, and by extension I can safely say while you Believe level eater was NOT a problem, but in reality it was and has been dealt with as such by the OCG Konami.

:MilesBow:

end of post...holy shit someone fucking kill me this took way to long to type

*cue xavier faceplanting onto desk*
Rea
Rea

Magician Credits : 1470

Character sheet
BountyBounty2--
NotorietyNotoriety30201
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Note: i believe it can be a margin of 10-15 times you use level eater in a single turn. Seriously as i said earlier Level Eater is just as abusable as Fishborg Blaster with their no restrictions placed effect.

Sure new cards make old cards look busted but thats how it is. Old cards have to go to make the game balanced and less frustrating to see also #CKSS.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardog Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Technically, both cards were a problem in conjunction with each other. The difference being that Gofu and Omega are much newer cards by Konami and Level Eater is almost nearing to be a 7 year old card. If there is to be any blame, it's Konami's short sightedness considering that they do not approve of looping (especially hand loops) and yet they do not take proper precautions to prevent this.

This reminds me of when people pointed at Ptolemaus as "the" problem because it enabled Infinity. Although it becomes a less potent argument when all you hear about Ptolemaus was "Infinity". The most likely reason why Level Eater was hit of the 3 possible cards that could have been hit was because it's the oldest and wouldn't have made Konami any profit from this point on. Same with Infinity and Ptolemaus. No one had an issue with Ptolemaus until Infinity had become a card and had a plethora of poorly designed effects. And eventually leading to Ptolemaus being banned since at the time Infinity was a newer and more profitable card.

It is true that before Gofu, Level Eater was of no issue at all. Although because Konami doesn't take precautions with these kinds of cards, they end up resulting in these kinds of loops. Unless Konami starts make restrictions where you cannot play certain cards in a deck such as "Cannot use Level Eater if you have PSY-Framelord Omega in this deck" then Konami needs to start having developing precautions. As far as if it was sensical or not. I do want to put into perspective that this is the OCG and a they make a lot of reactionary hits with little results.

This is the same place that just put Magician of Faith to 1 again in the same list, along with Armageddon Knight being Limited for like 2 years and almost 6 months. Along with having put Needlebug Nest (so broken) to Limited as well for seemingly little to no valid reason. These 3 cards in conjunction with each other made for a loop. They are all relevant to this combination. Although the question is not if it is relevant or not, earlier I've mention about Ptolemaus and Infinity. Ptolemaus was relevant to summoning Infinity although of directions they could have handled it, which one affects less decks? This was a poor decision although it made sense from a company stand point. It was a poor decision because Level Eater is easily the most splashable card so it affects a lot of decks that use Level Eater as it was intended to be used.

Regardless, all 3 of the cards were relevant to this and do deserve a cut of the blame. Although ultimately Konami deserves it's own blame on this situation for feeling condition that they needed limit Level Eater.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Gateway to 3? Konami pls no ;~;
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:51 pm

...y'all do know this is for the OCG, right?
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:52 pm

So? Are you saying I can't feel sympathy for people in other places? D:
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:01 pm

No, just everyone's freaking out and arguing about the shite on this list and it makes me think no one's understood the "OCG" part.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down