Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 08/25/16 Rulings

2 posters

Go down

[OCG] 08/25/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 08/25/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:13 pm

They’re minerals, Marie.

08/25/16 Rulings

Q: A Blue-Eyes White Dragon is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, I activate Swords of Concealing Light. If my opponent chains Call of the Haunted, and Special Summons Dragon Spirit of White from their Graveyard, which monsters are changed to face-down Defense Position?
A: When you resolve the effect of Swords of Concealing Light, all monsters on your opponent’s field that were face-up on their field when the card was activated are changed to face-down Defense Position. Therefore, in this scenario, Blue-Eyes White Dragon will be changed to face-down Defense Position, but since Dragon Spirit of White was not face-up on the field when Swords of Concealing Light was activated, it is not changed to face-down Defense Position.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: A Red-Eyes Meteor Dragon treated as a Normal Monster is face-up on my field. In this situation, when I activate Unleash Your Power, my opponent chains Enemy Controller and takes control of my monster. In this case, will the effect of Unleash Your Power be applied?
A: As in this scenario, if a Gemini monster that was face-up on your field when Unleash Your Power was activated is moved to your opponent’s field by the time the effect resolves, the effect is not applied. (In this situation, Red-Eyes Meteor Dragon will continue to be treated as a Normal Monster.)

Q: DNA Surgery is face-up on my field, and its effect is treating all face-up monsters on the field as Machine-Type. In this situation, can I send a Cyber Dragon and a Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw treated as a Machine-Type monster to the Graveyard to Special Summon Chimeratech Fortress Dragon?
A: Special Summoning Chimeratech Fortress Dragon by its own procedure is not considered a Fusion Summon, but the monsters sent to the Graveyard to Special Summon it are considered its Fusion Materials. Since Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw cannot be used as Fusion Material, you cannot Special Summon Chimeratech Fortress Dragon in this scenario.

Q: An A-Assault Core equipped with Torque Tune Gear is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, if I activate the effect of Destiny HERO – Dystopiaguy that destroys a card on the field, by targeting A-Assault Core, how does it resolve?
A: In this scenario, when the targeted A-Assault Core would be destroyed by the effect of Destiny HERO – Dystopiaguy, the effect of the equipped Torque Tune Gear is applied and it is destroyed instead. Since the targeted A-Assault Core was not destroyed, the part of the effect that changes the ATK of Destiny HERO – Dystopiaguy to its original value does not apply.

Q: Destiny HERO – Defender and Destiny HERO – Fear Monger are both on my field in face-down Defense Position. In this situation, if I activate D – Fusion and want to Special Summon Destiny HERO – Dystopiaguy, can I use face-down Defense Position monsters as Fusion Materials?
A: When performing a Fusion Summon using the effect of D – Fusion, you must use “Destiny HERO” monsters as Fusion Materials. You can also use face-down Defense Position monsters on your field, but they still have to be “Destiny HERO” monsters. In this scenario, since both Destiny HERO – Defender and Destiny HERO – Fear Monger are “Destiny HERO” monsters, they can be used as Fusion Material to Fusion Summon Destiny HERO – Dystopiaguy.

Q: If I want to Fusion Summon a Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy, which requires 1 “Destiny HERO” monster + 1 DARK Effect Monster, can I use a DARK Gemini monster such as Darkstorm Dragon as Fusion Material?
A: A Gemini monster such as Darkstorm Dragon that is treated as a Normal Monster by its own effect cannot be used as Fusion Material for Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy. If Darkstorm Dragon is in your hand, in face-down Defense Position, or is treated as an Effect Monster after being Normal Summoned again, it can be used as Fusion Material for Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy.

Q: Macro Cosmos is face-up on the field. In this situation, if D3 is destroyed by battle or card effect, but banished due to the effect of Macro Cosmos, can I activate its effect that sends 1 “Destiny HERO” monster from my Deck to the Graveyard?
A: If D3 is destroyed by battle or card effect and banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard, you can still activate its effect. In that case, since the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, the “Destiny HERO” monster that you choose from your Deck is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard.

Q: Abyss Actor – Wild Hope and Abyss Actor – Pretty Heroine are both face-up on my field. In this situation, I activate Abyss Script – Rise of the Dark Ruler, targeting 2 face-up cards on my opponent’s field. If my opponent chains Compulsory Evacuation Device, and returns Abyss Actor – Wild Hope to my hand, how does Abyss Script – Rise of the Dark Ruler resolve?
A: As in this scenario, even if the number of “Abyss Actor” monsters on your field when resolving the effect of Abyss Script – Rise of the Dark Ruler is less than the number of cards you targeted, the effect is applied normally. (Since you targeted 2 face-up cards in this situation, those 2 cards are destroyed.)

Q: During my Main Phase, I activate the Pendulum Effect of Abyss Actor – Extra. During the same Main Phase, can I activate the monster effect of Abyss Actor – Extra?
A: After activating the effect of Abyss Actor – Extra, you cannot activate the Pendulum Effect of Abyss Actor – Extra for the rest of the turn. But in this scenario, if the Pendulum Effect of Abyss Actor – Extra was already used, you can still activate its monster effect that turn.

Q: When I attempt to Synchro Summon Red Rising Dragon, my opponent activates Solemn Judgment, and the Synchro Summon is negated. In this situation, if Red Rising Dragon was sent to the Graveyard by the effect of Solemn Judgment, can I activate its effect that Special Summons 2 “Resonator” monsters from my Graveyard?
A: As in this scenario, even if the Synchro Summon of Red Rising Dragon was negated and it was destroyed by the effect of Solemn Judgment, you can activate the effect of Red Rising Dragon during the Main Phase of any of your following turns.

Q: When I declare a Monster Card type (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz) with Dimensional Boundary, can I only declare a type that is currently face-up on the field?
A: You can activate Dimensional Boundary by arbitrarily choosing 1 Monster Card type to declare. For example, even if there are no face-up Fusion Monsters on the field, you can still declare Fusion Monster, and the effect of Dimensional Boundary is applied normally. (During this turn, Fusion Monsters cannot be Special Summoned, and any Fusion Monsters that were face-down on the field will have their effects negated once they are flipped face-up.)

Q: Zombie World is face-up in my opponent’s Field Zone. In this situation, can I activate the effect of Dokidoki?
A: Even if the effect of Zombie World is applying, you can activate the effect of Dokidoki. The effect will resolve normally and Special Summon a Rock-Type monster with the same original Attribute and Level from your Deck as the Rock-Type monster that was discarded.

Q: Performapal Chain Giraffe is in my Pendulum Zone. In this situation, if a Pendulum Monster such as Performapal Whim Witch is destroyed by battle and placed face-up in my Extra Deck, can I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe?
A: As in this scenario, even if a Pendulum Monster is destroyed by battle, you can activate the effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe and Special Summon the destroyed monster. (In this case, Performapal Whim Witch is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck.)

Q: I activate the first effect of Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon, targeting a Starve Venom Fusion Dragon on my opponent’s field. If Book of Moon is chained to this effect, and Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the first effect of Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon, if Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon itself is in face-down Defense Position, the ATK of the targeted monster will become 0 normally, but Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon cannot gain any ATK. (So, the ATK of Starve Venom Fusion Dragon becomes 0 in this scenario.)

Q: During my Standby Phase, I activate the effect of a Marie the Fallen One in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow and banished Marie the Fallen One from the Graveyard, will I still gain Life Points?
A: When resolving the effect of Marie the Fallen One, if that Marie the Fallen One is not in the Graveyard, its effect is not applied. (You do not gain Life Points.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

[OCG] 08/25/16 Rulings Empty Re: [OCG] 08/25/16 Rulings

Post by Khina Bree Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:34 pm

Sometimes I wish these collections of rulings they post would actually apply to at least one deck I play.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down