Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] July Promo Rulings

Go down

[OCG] July Promo Rulings Empty [OCG] July Promo Rulings

Post by Stardog Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:47 pm

Rulings for promos that were released during July.

VJMP-JP120 Krystal Dragon

Q: If Krystal Dragon is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, can I activate its effect?
A: The effect of Krystal Dragon is a Trigger Effect that activates on the field. Thus, if Krystal Dragon itself is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you cannot activate its effect.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: My Krystal Dragon declares an attack, targeting an opponent’s monster. During the Battle Step of that same attack, can I activate the effect of Krystal Dragon?
A: In this scenario, during the Battle Step in which Krystal Dragon declared an attack, Krystal Dragon is not considered to have battled yet, and its effect cannot be activated during this Battle Step. (In this case, once the Damage Step is entered and damage calculation has been conducted with the opponent’s monster, you can activate the effect of Krystal Dragon when you return to the Battle Step afterward.)

Q: Krystal Dragon attacks my opponent directly and inflicts battle damage. During a Battle Step in this turn, can I activate the effect of Krystal Dragon?
A: In this scenario, even if Krystal Dragon attacked your opponent directly, it is considered to have battled, so its effect can be activated during a Battle Step.

Q: When my Krystal Dragon declares an attack, my opponent activates Magic Cylinder and negates the attack. In this case, can I activate the effect of Krystal Dragon?
A: In this scenario, since the attack of Krystal Dragon was negated by the effect of Magic Cylinder, Krystal Dragon is not considered to have battled, so you cannot activate its effect.

Q: My Krystal Dragon in face-down Defense Position is attacked by an opponent’s monster and flipped face-up. At this time, if Krystal Dragon was not destroyed by battle and is now face-up on my field, can I activate its effect?
A: Even if Krystal Dragon was attacked by an opponent’s monster, it is considered to have battled. However, the effect of Krystal Dragon can only be activated during the Battle Step of your own turn, so in this scenario, you cannot activate the effect of Krystal Dragon.

Q: My monster attacks a Krystal Dragon on my opponent’s field. During this Battle Phase, if I activate Rebellion and take control of that Krystal Dragon, can I then activate its effect?
A: In this scenario, after the opponent’s Krystal Dragon battled, if you take control of it with Rebellion, you can activate the effect of Krystal Dragon while you control it.

Q: A Krystal Dragon that battled during this Battle Phase is face-up on my field. During a Battle Step in this turn, if my opponent activates Compulsory Evacuation Device as Chain Link 1, targeting Krystal Dragon, can I activate the effect of Krystal Dragon as Chain Link 2?
A: The effect of Krystal Dragon is a Trigger Effect that you can activate during the Battle Step of your turn. In this scenario, it is not possible to chain the effect of Krystal Dragon to other effects activated during that Battle Step. (In this case, Krystal Dragon returns to the hand by the effect of Compulsory Evacuation Device, and you cannot activate the effect of Krystal Dragon afterward.)

Q: 2 copies of Krystal Dragon that have battled during this Battle Phase are face-up on my field. During a Battle Step in this turn, can I activate and resolve the effects of each Krystal Dragon?
A: The effect of Krystal Dragon is a Trigger Effect that you can activate during the Battle Step of your turn. In this scenario, if the effects of each Krystal Dragon are activated, they do not form a Chain together, and are activated and resolved one by one.

Q: The effect of Krystal Dragon is activated. If the effect of Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit is chained, so that Krystal Dragon is destroyed and no longer in the Monster Zone, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, if Krystal Dragon activated its effect, even if it is no longer face-up on the field when its effect resolves, the effect will be applied normally.

VP16-JP001 Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy

Q: If there are currently no “Destiny HERO” monsters in my Graveyard, can I activate the effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy?
A: Even if you do not have any “Destiny HERO” monsters in your Graveyard, you can activate the effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy. The effect will include the “Destiny HERO” monster that you send from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and increase the ATK of your “Destiny HERO” monsters by 200 normally.

Q: I activate the effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy, resulting in the ATK of all “Destiny HERO” monsters currently on my field being increased by 800 until the end of this turn. In this situation, if I then Special Summon Destiny HERO – Plasma to the field, will it gain ATK?
A: The effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy is only applied to your “Destiny HERO” monsters that are face-up on your field at the time the effect resolves. Therefore, in this scenario, a Destiny HERO – Plasma that was Special Summoned after the effect resolved does not gain ATK.

Q: Macro Cosmos is face-up on the field, and its effect is applying. In this situation, is it possible to activate the effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy?
A: Even while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, the effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy can be activated. The card that you discard to activate the effect is banished, and the “Destiny HERO” monster that you send from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard is banished instead. In this case, the part of the effect that increases the ATK of all “Destiny HERO” monsters currently on your field does not apply.

Q: I activate the effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy, resulting in the ATK of all “Destiny HERO” monsters currently on my field being increased by 1000 until the end of this turn, so that Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy has 3000 ATK and a Destiny HERO – Malicious on my field has 1800 ATK. In this situation, if my opponent activates Skill Drain, and the effects of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy are negated, what happens to the ATK of my monsters?
A: After resolving the effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy, even if the effect of Skill Drain is applied, the ATK increase is still applied. (In this scenario, Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy will remain at 3000 ATK, and Destiny HERO – Malicious will remain at 1800 ATK. At the end of the turn, their ATKs return to their original values normally.)

Q: Destiny HERO – Diamond Dude, Destiny HERO – Dasher, and Destiny HERO – Fear Monger are in my Graveyard, while Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy and Destiny HERO – Defender are face-up on my field. In this situation, if I activate the effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy, but my opponent chains Raigeki Break and destroys it, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy, even if Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy itself is in your Graveyard, the effect is applied normally. In this scenario, since Destiny HERO – Deadlyguy was destroyed by Raigeki Break, it is included in the number of “Destiny HERO” monsters in your Graveyard and the ATK of Destiny HERO – Defender is increased by 800.

Minor note: They seem to have forgotten to count the Destiny HERO that you send from your hand/Deck to the Graveyard.

VP16-JP002 Red Rising Dragon

Q: During this turn, if I Special Summoned a monster from my Extra Deck other than a DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster, and then Synchro Summon Red Rising Dragon, can I activate its effect?
A: If you already Special Summoned a monster from your Extra Deck this turn that was not a DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster, you cannot activate the first effect of Red Rising Dragon.

Q: The first effect of Red Rising Dragon is activated, targeting a Flare Resonator in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow, banishing the targeted Flare Resonator, how does the effect of Red Rising Dragon resolve?
A: When resolving the first effect of Red Rising Dragon, if the targeted monster is no longer in your Graveyard, it is not Special Summoned. Even in this case, since the effect of Red Rising Dragon was activated, you can only Special Summon DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monsters from your Extra Deck this turn.

Q: The second effect of Red Rising Dragon is activated from my Graveyard, targeting a Chain Resonator and Synkron Resonator in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains the effect of D.D. Crow, banishing the targeted Chain Resonator, how does the effect of Red Rising Dragon resolve?
A: When resolving the second effect of Red Rising Dragon, if one of the targeted “Resonator” monsters is not in your Graveyard, the effect is not applied. (No monsters are Special Summoned.)

Q: The second effect of Red Rising Dragon is activated from my Graveyard, targeting a Barrier Resonator and Mirror Resonator in my Graveyard. If my opponent chains Ojama Trio, so that I only have 1 available Monster Zone, how does the effect of Red Rising Dragon resolve?
A: When resolving the second effect of Red Rising Dragon, if you only have 1 available Monster Zone so that you cannot Special Summon both targeted monsters, the effect is not applied. (No monsters are Special Summoned.)

Q: My Red Rising Dragon is sent from my Extra Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of my opponent’s Ryu Okami. In this case, can I activate the second effect of Red Rising Dragon by banishing it from my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, even if Red Rising Dragon was sent directly from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard, during the Main Phase of your next turn or afterward, you can activate its effect.

VP16-JP003 Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon

Q: I activate the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, taking control of an opponent’s monster and treating it as Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon. Afterward, can I use that monster as Xyz Material to Xyz Summon Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon?
A: Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon is Xyz Summoned by using 3 Level 9 monsters, or 1 Rank 8 “Galaxy-Eyes” Xyz Monster, as Xyz Material. In this scenario, if the monster you took control of with the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon is a Rank 8 Xyz Monster, it will be treated as a Rank 8 “Galaxy-Eyes” Xyz Monster, so it can be used as Xyz Material to Xyz Summon Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon.

Q: A Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon that was Special Summoned by the effect of Double Cipher is now in my Graveyard. In this situation, if I activate the second effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon, can I target that Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon?
A: A Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon that was Special Summoned by the effect of Double Cipher and then sent to the Graveyard was never Special Summoned properly by Xyz Summon. Thus, if you activate the second effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon, you cannot target that Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon.

Q: When I attempt to Xyz Summon Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon by using my Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon as Xyz Material, my opponent activates Solemn Warning and negates the Xyz Summon. In this case, can I activate the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon that Special Summons a Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon from my Graveyard?
A: If the Xyz Summon of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon is negated by your opponent’s Solemn Warning, Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon is not considered to be an Xyz Summoned card being destroyed by your opponent’s card, so its second effect cannot be activated.

Q: My opponent activates Rebellion and takes control of my Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon. In this situation, if Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon is destroyed by my opponent’s attack or card effect and sent to my Graveyard, can I activate its effect that Special Summons a Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon from my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, if the owner of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon does not control it when it is destroyed by their opponent’s attack or card effect and sent to the Graveyard, the second effect of Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon cannot be activated.

Q: When I Xyz Summon Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon, my opponent activates Floodgate Trap Hole and changes Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon to face-down Defense Position. In this situation, if Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon is destroyed by my opponent’s attack or card effect and sent to my Graveyard, can I activate its effect that Special Summons a Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon from my Graveyard?
A: If Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon is changed to face-down Defense Position after being Xyz Summoned, and destroyed by your opponent’s attack or card effect and sent to your Graveyard, you can still activate its second effect.

VP16-JP004 Abyss Actor – Dandy CoStar

(No rulings.)

YS01-JP001 Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw

Q: When resolving the effect of Odd-Eyes Fusion, can a Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw in my Extra Deck be used as Fusion Material?
A: Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw cannot be used as Fusion Material, so when you resolve the effect of Odd-Eyes Fusion and use “Odd-Eyes” monsters in your Extra Deck as Fusion Materials, Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw cannot be used.

Q: Can Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw be Fusion Summoned by effects other than Polymerization, such as the effects of Performapal Trump Girl or Dragon’s Mirror?
A: Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw can be Fusion Summoned by the effects of cards such as Performapal Trump Girl and Dragon’s Mirror. In that case, since Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw was not Fusion Summoned by the effect of Polymerization, its first effect will not be applied.

Q: Skill Drain is face-up on my opponent’s field. If I activate Polymerization in this situation, and Fusion Summon Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw, is its effect applied?
A: While the effect of Skill Drain is applying, if Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw is Fusion Summoned using Polymerization, the effect that makes it unaffected by other cards’ effects is negated. (If the effect of Skill Drain stops applying, this effect of Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw will begin applying.)

Q: A Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw that was Fusion Summoned using Polymerization is face-up on my opponent’s field, and its effect that makes it unaffected by other cards’ effects is applying. In this situation, can I Special Summon Lava Golem by Tributing 2 of my opponent’s monsters including Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw?
A: Special Summoning Laval Golem with its own procedure is not part of a card effect. Thus, even if your opponent Fusion Summoned Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw using Polymerization, it can be Tributed to Special Summon Lava Golem.

Q: The second effect of Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw is activated and resolved, and all monsters on my field gain 300 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase. In that situation, if I activate Call of the Haunted and Special Summon a Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon from my Graveyard, will it gain the ATK?
A: The second effect of Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw is only applied to your monsters that are face-up on your field at the time the effect resolves. Therefore, in this scenario, a Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon that was Special Summoned with Call of the Haunted after the effect resolved does not gain ATK.

VF16-JP001 Performapal Le-Bellman

Q: I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Le-Bellman, and the Level of a Pendulum Summoned Performapal Gumgumouton on my field becomes 6 as a result. Will its Level remain increased indefinitely? Furthermore, if I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Le-Bellman during the Main Phase of my next turn, what happens to the Level of Performapal Gumgumouton?
A: The Level of a monster affected by the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Le-Bellman remains increases as long as that monster remains face-up on the field. In this scenario, even during your next turn, Performapal Gumgumouton will be Level 6, and if you activate the effect of Performapal Le-Bellman again, its Level will increase to 7.

Q: I have a Performapal Drummerilla on my field that was Pendulum Summoned this turn, as well as an Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon that was Pendulum Summoned during a previous turn. In this situation, if I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Le-Bellman, will it apply to both monsters?
A: The Pendulum Effect of Performapal Le-Bellman is applied to all Pendulum Summoned monsters on your field. Therefore, in this scenario, the Levels of both Performapal Drummerilla and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon are both increased by 1.

Q: A Pendulum Summoned Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon is face-up on my field. In this situation, can I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Le-Bellman?
A: Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon is an Xyz Monster, so it does not have a Level. Even if Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon was Pendulum Summoned, the effect of Performapal Le-Bellman can never be applied to it. (If a Pendulum Summoned monster other than Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon is not face-up on your field, you cannot activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Le-Bellman.)

Q: The monster effect of Performapal Le-Bellman is activated by declaring Level 5, targeting my Performapal Turn Toad. As a result, Performapal Le-Bellman becomes Level 1, and Performapal Turn Toad becomes Level 7. Will these changes be applied indefinitely?
A: Both Levels changed by the monster effect of Performapal Le-Bellman remain until the end of the turn. In this scenario, once the effect of Performapal Le-Bellman expires at the end of the turn, Performapal Le-Bellman returns to Level 6 and Performapal Turn Toad returns to Level 2.

Q: The monster effect of Performapal Le-Bellman is activated by declaring Level 2, targeting my Performapal Trampolynx. As a result, both Performapal Le-Bellman and Performapal Trampolynx are now Level 4. In this situation, if my opponent activates Skill Drain so that the effects of Performapal Le-Bellman are negated, what happens to my monsters’ Levels?
A: After the monster effect of Performapal Le-Bellman has resolved, even if the effect of Skill Drain is applied, the Level of that Performapal Le-Bellman remains reduced, and the targeted monster’s Level remains increased. (In this scenario, both Performapal Le-Bellman and Performapal Trampolynx remain Level 4. At the end of the turn, their Levels return to their original values normally.)

Q: The monster effect of Performapal Le-Bellman is activated by declaring Level 4, targeting my Performapal Whip Snake. If Book of Moon is chained to this effect, and Performapal Le-Bellman is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the monster effect of Performapal Le-Bellman, if Performapal Le-Bellman itself has been changed to face-down Defense Position, it is not possible for its Level to be reduced by the declared amount, and the part of the effect that increases the targeted monster’s Level by the declared amount is also not applied.

Q: The monster effect of Performapal Le-Bellman is activated by declaring Level 4, targeting my Performapal Whip Snake. If Book of Moon is chained to this effect, and Performapal Whip Snake is changed to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect of Performapal Le-Bellman resolve?
A: When resolving the monster effect of Performapal Le-Bellman, if the targeted monster has been changed to face-down Defense Position, only the part of the effect that reduces the Level of Performapal Le-Bellman by the declared amount is applied.

Q: The monster effect of Performapal Le-Bellman is activated by declaring Level 5, targeting my Performapal Hip Hippo. If my opponent chains Mischief of the Yokai, lowering the Levels of all monsters on my field by 2 until the end of this turn, how does the effect of Performapal Le-Bellman resolve?
A: In this scenario, after resolving the effect of Mischief of the Yokai, Performapal Hip Hippo becomes Level 1, and Performapal Le-Bellman becomes Level 4. Then, the effect of Performapal Le-Bellman is resolved. The effect will reduce its own Level by 5, but its Level cannot be lower than 1. Even so, the Level of the targeted monster still increases by 5, so Performapal Hip Hippo becomes Level 6.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum