Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] June Promo Rulings

Go down

[OCG] June Promo Rulings Empty [OCG] June Promo Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:34 pm

VJMP-JP117 Rulings

Q: Can the effect of Silent Paladin that negates the activation of a Spell Card only be activated against a Spell Card that targets Silent Paladin itself?
A: The second effect of Silent Paladin can be activated when a Spell Card is activated that targets 1 monster on your field, and can be any monster on your field along with Silent Paladin.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If my opponent activates Nobleman of Crossout by targeting a face-down Defense Position monster on my field, can I chain the effect of Silent Paladin that negates the activation of a Spell Card?
A: In this scenario, since Nobleman of Crossout is targeting exactly 1 monster on your side of the field, the effect of Silent Paladin that negates the activation of a Spell Card can be activated.

Q: My opponent activates Mark of the Rose, targeting my face-up Attack Position Silent Paladin. If I chain the effect of Silent Paladin that negates the activation of a Spell Card, what happens to Mark of the Rose?
A: The effect of Silent Paladin negates the activation of a Spell Card, and if you negate an Equip Spell Card, even though that card is not destroyed, it is sent to the Graveyard after its activation is negated.

Q: When my opponent activates Mind Control targeting a face-up Attack Position Silent Magician LV4 on my field, I chain the effect of Silent Paladin that negates the activation of a Spell Card. If my opponent then chains Book of Moon, changing Silent Paladin to face-down Defense Position, how does its effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Silent Paladin that negates the activation of a Spell Card, even if Silent Paladin is in face-down Defense Position, the effect resolves normally. (In this case, the activation of Mind Control is negated.)

Q: When I Normal Summon a Silent Paladin, my opponent activates Solemn Judgment, negating the Summon of Silent Paladin and destroying it. In this case, can I activate the effect of Silent Paladin that adds a LIGHT “LV” monster in my Graveyard to my hand?
A: In this scenario, if its Normal Summon is negated by Solemn Judgment, Silent Paladin is not treated as being destroyed on the field. Therefore, since it was not a card on your field that was destroyed by your opponent’s card effect, its third effect cannot be activated.

Q: A face-down Defense Position Silent Paladin on my field is destroyed by the effect of my opponent’s Dark Hole. In this case, can I activate the effect of Silent Paladin that adds a LIGHT “LV” monster in my Graveyard to my hand?
A: In this scenario, if a face-down Defense Position Silent Paladin on your field is destroyed by the effect of your opponent’s Dark Hole, since it was destroyed on your side of the field by your opponent’s card effect, you can activate its third effect.

Q: If my Silent Paladin is destroyed and banished by the effect of my opponent’s Gandora the Dragon of Destruction, can I activate its effect that adds a LIGHT “LV” monster in my Graveyard to my hand?
A: If a Silent Paladin on your side of the field is destroyed by the effect of your opponent’s Gandora the Dragon of Destruction, even though it is also banished, you can activate its third effect since it was destroyed on your side of the field by your opponent’s effect.

Q: A Silent Paladin that I own is face-up on my opponent’s field due to the effect of Creature Swap. In this situation, if Silent Paladin is destroyed by battle or card effects, can its effect that adds a LIGHT “LV” monster in the Graveyard to the hand be activated?
A: If a Silent Paladin on your opponent’s field is destroyed by battle, you can activate its last effect. Note that if Silent Paladin on your opponent’s field is destroyed by a card effect, since it was not destroyed on your side of the field by your opponent’s effect, its effect cannot be activated.

Q: Can the of Silent Paladin that adds a LIGHT “LV” monster in my Graveyard to my hand be activated by targeting a Winged Kuriboh LV9 in my Graveyard?
A: Winged Kuriboh LV9 is a LIGHT “LV” monster, so a Winged Kuriboh LV9 in your Graveyard can be targeted with the effect of Silent Paladin. (It will be added to your hand normally.)

AGMM-JP001 Rulings

Q: If a Pendulum Monster in my Pendulum Zone is destroyed by the effect of my opponent’s Harpie’s Feather Duster and added to my Extra Deck face-up, can I activate the effect of a Divine Serpent Geh in my hand that Special Summons it?
A: In this scenario, since a Pendulum Monster in your Pendulum Zone is treated as a Spell Card, if it is destroyed by your opponent’s Harpie’s Feather Duster, you cannot activate the effect of Divine Serpent Geh in your hand.

Q: The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil that was Special Summoned by its own effect and treated as a monster is face-up in my Monster Zone. In this case, if The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil is destroyed by my opponent’s attack or card effect, can I activate the effect of a Divine Serpent Geh in my hand that Special Summons it?
A: In this scenario, since The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil is treated as a Normal Monster, if it is destroyed by your opponent’s attack or card effect, you can activate the effect of Divine Serpent Geh in your hand.

Q: My Divine Serpent Geh attacks an opponent’s face-down Defense Position monster. In this case, will the effect of Divine Serpent Geh that makes the ATK of the monster it attacks half its original ATK and negates its effects during the Damage Step be applied?
A: Even if Divine Serpent Geh attacks a face-down Defense Position monster, its effect is applied. Once the opponent’s monster is flipped face-up before damage calculation, its ATK becomes half its original ATK and its effects are negated.

Q: My Divine Serpent Geh attacks an opponent’s Dark Magician. In this case, will the effect of Divine Serpent Geh that makes the ATK of the monster it attacks half its original ATK and negates its effects during the Damage Step be applied?
A: Even if Divine Serpent Geh attacks a Normal Monster, its effect is applied, and the opponent’s monster’s ATK becomes half its original ATK during the Damage Step. (In this scenario, the ATK of your opponent’s Dark Magician will become 1250.)

Q: My Divine Serpent Geh attacks an opponent’s Legendary Knight Timaeus, and the effect of Divine Serpent Geh that makes the ATK of the monster it attacks half its original ATK and negates its effects during the Damage Step is applied. Before damage calculation, if Shrink is activated and halves the original ATK of Legendary Knight Timaeus, what does its current ATK become?
A: In this scenario, when Divine Serpent Geh attacks your opponent’s Legendary Knight Timaeus, the effect of Divine Serpent Geh starts applying at the start of the Damage Step, so the ATK of Legendary Knight Timaeus becomes 1400, half its original ATK of 2800. Afterward, when the effect of Shrink is applied, the original ATK of Legendary Knight Timaeus is halved and becomes 1400. Since the original ATK of Legendary Knight Timaeus changed, the changes applied by the effect of Divine Serpent Geh are recalculated, so ATK of Legendary Knight Timaeus becomes 700.

Q: My Divine Serpent Geh attacks an opponent’s Giant Rat, and while the effect of Divine Serpent Geh that makes the ATK of the monster it attacks half its original ATK and negates its effects during the Damage Step is applying, Giant Rat is destroyed by battle. In this case, will the effect of Giant Rat be negated?
A: The effect of Divine Serpent Geh negates the effects of monsters it attacks only while they are face-up in the Monster Zone being attacked. Therefore, since the effect of Giant Rat activates when it is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, it will not be negated, and will resolve normally.

Q: My Divine Serpent Geh attacks an opponent’s Legendary Knight Hermos, and as a result of both its third and fourth effects applying, Legendary Knight Hermos is destroyed. In this case, what happens to the ATK of Divine Serpent Geh afterward?
A: In this scenario, as a result of the fourth effect of Divine Serpent Geh, its ATK has become equal to the original ATK of Legendary Knight Hermos, which is 2800. Even though Legendary Knight Hermos is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, the ATK of Divine Serpent Geh will remain 2800 as long as it remains face-up on the field. (Note that if you activate the effect of Divine Serpent Geh again during damage calculation, its ATK will be changed by its own effect once again.)

Q: If my opponent’s Legendary Knight Critias attacks my Divine Serpent Geh, can I activate the effect of Divine Serpent Geh that makes its ATK become equal to the highest original ATK on the field?
A: If Divine Serpent Geh is attacked by an opponent’s monster, the effect of Divine Serpent Geh that makes the ATK of the opponent’s monster half its original ATK and negates its effects during the Damage Step is not applied, but you can still activate its effect during damage calculation that makes its ATK become equal to the highest original ATK on the field. (In this scenario, if Legendary Knight Critias has the highest original ATK on the field, the ATK of Divine Serpent Geh becomes 2800, and both Divine Serpent Geh and Legendary Knight Critias are destroyed by battle.)

Q: If Divine Serpent Geh attacks a face-up Attack Position Timaeus the Knight of Destiny, how will their effects be applied?
A: If Divine Serpent Geh attacks Timaeus the Knight of Destiny, the effect of Divine Serpent Geh that makes the ATK of the monster it attacks half its original ATK and negates its effects will begin applying at the start of the Damage Step, but since Timaeus the Knight of Destiny is unaffected by other cards’ effects, its ATK is not changed and its effects are not negated. Then, during damage calculation, both the effects of Divine Serpent Geh and Timaeus the Knight of Destiny that make their ATKs become equal to the highest ATK on the field can be activated on the same Chain. Both Divine Serpent Geh and Timaeus the Knight of Destiny have an original ATK of “?”, so if there are no other face-up monsters on the field, their ATKs remain 0 and neither monster is destroyed by battle. (If, for example, a monster such as Dark Magician Girl with 2000 original ATK is also face-up on the field, the ATKs of both Divine Serpent Geh and Timaeus the Knight of Destiny will become 2000, and both of them will be destroyed by battle.)

Q: If Divine Serpent Geh attacks a face-up Attack Position Number S39: Utopia the Lightning, how will their effects be applied?
A: If Divine Serpent Geh attacks Number S39: Utopia the Lightning, the effect of Number S39: Utopia the Lightning that prevents the opponent’s cards and effects from activating begins applying immediately during the Battle Step. Then, at the start of the Damage Step, the effect of Divine Serpent Geh that makes the ATK of the monster it attacks half its original ATK and negates its effects will begin applying, so the effects of Number S39: Utopia the Lightning are negated and its ATK becomes 1250. During damage calculation, since the effects of Number S39: Utopia the Lightning are negated, the last effect of Divine Serpent Geh can be activated normally. If you do, the ATK of Divine Serpent Geh becomes 2500, and damage calculation is performed against the 1250 ATK Number S39: Utopia the Lightning. (Number S39: Utopia the Lightning is destroyed by battle.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum