Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 04/28/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 04/28/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 04/28/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun May 01, 2016 11:21 pm

Movie Pack card rulings this week.

04/28/16 Rulings

Q: If I activated the second effect of Rise to Full Height this turn by targeting my Apple Magician Girl, when Apple Magician Girl is targeted for an attack, can I activate its first effect?
A: Even in this scenario, because Apple Magician Girl was targeted for an attack, you can activate its effect. In that case, the part of the effect that Special Summons a Level 5 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand is applied, but because of the effect of Rise to Full Height, the part of the effect that makes the Special Summoned monster become the attack target and halves the attacking monster’s ATK is not applied. The effect of Apple Magician Girl will finish resolving when the Level 5 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster is Special Summoned, and a replay occurs. However, since the effect of Rise to Full Height only allows your opponent to attack Apple Magician Girl, the newly Special Summoned monster cannot be selected as the attack target, so your opponent must either attack Apple Magician Girl again or cancel the attack.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: During my opponent’s Battle Phase, when my face-up Apple Magician Girl is targeted for an attack, I activate its first effect, Special Summoning a Kiwi Magician Girl from my hand and making it the new attack target. Further in the Battle Step, if I activate Call of the Haunted and Special Summon a Dark Magician Girl from my Graveyard, what happens to my opponent’s attack?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Apple Magician Girl makes the Special Summoned monster become the new attack target instead of itself, but if Call of the Haunted is then activated and Dark Magician Girl is Special Summoned, a replay will occur. In this case, your opponent can choose to cancel the attack, or otherwise reselect either Apple Magician Girl, Kiwi Magician Girl, or Dark Magician Girl as attack targets.

Q: While the effect of Mask of Restrict is applying, can Chaos Form be activated?
A: If you can perform the Ritual Summon by banishing Blue-Eyes White Dragon or Dark Magician from your Graveyard instead of Tributing, you can activate Chaos Form. (You must be able to Ritual Summon the monster without having to Tribute any monsters on your field or hand.) If you are unable to perform the Ritual Summon without Tributing monsters, then Chaos Form cannot be activated.

Q: The effect of Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity that inflicts 3000 damage to each player during my End Phase is activated. If my opponent chains the effect of their Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit from their hand, what happens?
A: The first effect of Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity makes it unaffected by the effects of monsters with 3000 or less original ATK. Since Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit has an original ATK of 0, Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity is unaffected by its effect and is not destroyed.

Q: A Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity is face-up on my field, and an Evilswarm Exciton Knight with Xyz Material is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this scenario, if my opponent activates the effect of Evilswarm Exciton Knight to destroy all other cards on the field, but then Book of Moon is chained so that Evilswarm Exciton Knight is changed to face-down Defense Position, what happens?
A: The first effect of Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity makes it unaffected by the effects of monsters with 3000 or less original ATK. Since Evilswarm Exciton Knight has an original ATK of 1900, even if Evilswarm Exciton Knight was changed to face-down Defense Position by the time its effect resolved, Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity is unaffected and is not destroyed. (Afterward, the part of the effect that makes you take no further damage for the rest of the turn is applied normally.)

Q: A Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity is face-up on my field, and a Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon with Xyz Material is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this scenario, if my opponent activates the effect of Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon to destroy 1 face-up card on my field, but then Shrink is chained so that the original ATK of Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon is halved, what happens?
A: The first effect of Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity makes it unaffected by the effects of monsters with 3000 or less original ATK. Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon has an original ATK of 4000, but in this situation its original ATK is halved by the chained Shrink, so Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity is unaffected and is not destroyed.

Q: Elemental HERO Prisma is treated as Crimson Nova, the Dark Cubic Deity as a result of its own effect. If Elemental HERO Prisma is destroyed by battle, can I activate the second effect of Cubic Unification in my Graveyard?
A: Even in this case, Elemental HERO Prisma is treated as a “Cubic” monster being destroyed by battle, you can activate the second effect of Cubic Unification in your Graveyard.

Q: My opponent activates Icarus Attack, destroying a face-up Dark Ganex, the Cubic Beast in my Monster Zone and a Set Cubic Unification in my Spell & Trap Zone. In this case, can I activate the second effect of that Cubic Unification by banishing it from the Graveyard?
A: To be able to activate the effect of a Cubic Unification in your Graveyard, a “Cubic” monster on your field must be destroyed by battle, or leave the field, while Cubic Unification is already present in the Graveyard. Therefore, in this scenario, since both Cubic Unification and the “Cubic” monster were destroyed simultaneously by Icarus Attack, you cannot activate the second effect of Cubic Unification.

Q: If Vijam, the Cubic Spawn is treated as a Continuous Spell Card by its own effect, and then it is destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon and sent to the Graveyard, can I activate the second effect of Cubic Unification in my Graveyard?
A: In this scenario, since Vijam, the Cubic Spawn is treated as a Continuous Spell Card, even though it is destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon and sent to the Graveyard, it is not treated as a “Cubic” monster leaving the field. Therefore, you cannot activate the second effect of Cubic Unification.

Q: A Cubic Counter is placed on my Blockman due to the effect of Vijam, the Cubic Spawn. During my Main Phase 2, can I activate the effect of Blockman?
A: A Blockman with a Cubic Counter on it can still activate its effect by Tributing it. The effects of a monster with a Cubic Counter on it are only negated while the Cubic Counter remains on that monster, and when Blockman is Tributed, the Cubic Counter on it is removed. Therefore, the effect of Blockman that Special Summons Block Tokens is not negated, and resolves normally.

Q: A Dark Magician that was equipped to my opponent’s Morphing Clay Fortress is destroyed and sent to my opponent’s Graveyard while treated as an Equip Card. During this turn, can I activate Cubic Mandala?
A: In this scenario, your opponent’s Dark Magician was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard while treated as an Equip Card, but is still considered a monster in the Graveyard that was destroyed and sent there this turn, so you can activate Cubic Mandala by targeting that Dark Magician.

Q: There are 2 copies of Marshmacaron on my opponent’s field that were Special Summoned this turn. A Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon that were also Special Summoned this turn are face-up on my field. If I activated Dragonic Fighting Spirit by targeting Blue-Eyes White Dragon this turn, can I then activate a second copy of Dragonic Fighting Spirit?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of the first Dragonic Fighting Spirit has been applied to Blue-Eyes White Dragon, if you activate a second copy, you cannot select Blue-Eyes White Dragon as the target. (In this case, since the effect has not been applied to Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon, you can activate the second copy as long as you target that Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon.)

Q: Necrovalley is face-up in the Field Zone. In this situation, if Marshmacaron is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard, can I activate the effect of Marshmacaron?
A: Even while the effects of Necrovalley are applying, you can activate the effect of a Marshmacaron that is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard. When resolving its effect, if you Special Summon other copies of Marshmacaron from your hand or Deck, the effect applies normally. If the only other copies of Marshmacaron are in your Graveyard, so that the effect would Special Summon any copies from the Graveyard, the effect is negated by Necrovalley and Marshmacaron is not Special Summoned.

Q: An Indiora Death Bolt, the Cubic High Emperor that is being targeted by my Dimension Mirage is face-up on my opponent’s field. When Indiora Death Bolt, the Cubic High Emperor attacks, and my Assault Wyvern would be destroyed by this battle, I use the effect of a Gospel of Revival in my Graveyard instead. In that case, can I activate the effect of Dimension Mirage that makes the targeted monster attack a second time?
A: In this scenario, the effect of Gospel of Revival was applied, so the Assault Wyvern that was targeted for the attack was not destroyed by battle. Therefore, in this case, the effect of Dimension Mirage can be activated. (If it is activated, the targeted Indiora Death Bolt, the Cubic High Emperor must attack a second time.)

Q: A Blue-Eyes White Dragon that is being targeted by my Dimension Mirage is face-up on my opponent’s field. If Forbidden Lance is activated, so that Blue-Eyes White Dragon becomes unaffected by Spell/Trap effects, how are the effects of Dimension Mirage applied?
A: In this scenario, even if the monster targeted by Dimension Mirage becomes unaffected by Spell/Trap effects due to Forbidden Lance, it remains targeted by Dimension Mirage. In this case, the effect of Dimension Mirage that makes the targeted monster attack a second time can be activated, but Forbidden Lance makes the monster unaffected by that effect. (So the monster cannot attack once again in a row.) The effect of Dimension Mirage that destroys it if the targeted monster leaves the field is still applied normally even if the effect of Forbidden Lance was applied.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum