Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

What I think can make [Smash 64] better

Go down

What I think can make [Smash 64] better Empty What I think can make [Smash 64] better

Post by Flint Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:46 am

I'll be listing what I think could have been done for Smash 64 that can improve the experiance, issues and competitive scene. I'll try to include game dynamics, characters and stages. I'll be covering a series for Melee, Brawl and Smash 4 as well on this subject. Although I might give Smash 4 some time like in a couple other series since it's in a state of patches, bug fixes, and adding stages. That being said, lets get started.

What I think can make [Smash 64] better WIYDtk8

1. Everyone's recovery is buffed. For people not familiar with the first Smash game, with the exception of Pikachu and Kirby, everyone's recovery is horrible. And claims can be made that Pikachu's recovery is also somewhat bad, mainly because the move is passive, meaning it doesn't have a hitbox. Here are some possible idea that can improve them.
  - Pikachu: Add a hitbox to his Up-B, like in every Smash game.
  - Kirby: Nothing. His recovery is perfect.
  - Captain Falcon: Having his raising Falcon Punch send him further, have his Up-B doubled in distance. Along with having his Up-B have slightly less end-lag when it latches on to an opponent.
  - Fox: His recovery distance being twice than normal or 2.5 times longer.
  - Yoshi: Having a little ascension with his recovery using his eggs like in Smash 4.
  - Jiggly: If Jigglypuff doesn't make it to the stage after 2 mid-air jumps, Jiggly will start to descend. The 3rd mid-air jump barely ascends Jiggly and the last 2 do not provide any form of ascension. Granted she has the longest horizontal recovery, but having her descend after her first 2 mid-air jumps is just unnecessary. For this one, to have all of her jumps to have have the same amount of ascension as the first 2 mid-air jumps.
  - Mario: Rising Tornado having slightly greater distance and less endlag. And having his extended Up-B as his normal Up-B length.
  - Samus: The ability to bombjump, her Up-B recovery increased to double or possibly triple it's original length, and grapple recovery to the ledge or stage.
  - DK: Having his punch in the air have less endlag and propel him forward much like the Raising Falcon Punch to gain some recovery. And having his Up-B have way more vertical recovery, comparable to Mario or Luigi's Rising Tornado.
  - Ness: Making him suspend completely still in the air when PK Lightning is active instead of gravity having influence on him, until the move finishes. Making the PK Lightning become multi-hit so the move doesn't diminish after colluding with an enemy, like with Lucas's in Brawl and Smash 4. Or completely changing his Up-B into an actual recovery.
  - Link: Suggesting recovery options for DK, Ness and Link were the hardest ones to come up with, mainly with faults in their general design. For Link, having his recovery extended possibly twice or three times his normal distance, having better air mobility and grapple recovery on to the ledge or stage.
  - Luigi: Rising Tornado having slightly greater distance and less endlag. And having his extended Up-B as his normal Up-B length.

2. Addition of trajectory DI. There is no form of trajectory DI in this game. Only Smash DI exists in Smash 64. Do not be fooled by commentators using the term "DI" in a Smash 64 match. They always refer to SDI.

3. Addition of airdodging. I don't mind if it's either directional airdodging or momentumless air-dodging, although for the sake being consistent with the game, the air-dodging dynamic from Brawl or Smash 4 is preferred since with the absence of air-dodging already, characters in this game fall normally and it would be a large change if you were able to shift momentum like with Melee's directional airdodging. That and it will introduce wavedashing and all of it's technical dynamics which would change the game too significantly from it's original form.

4. Addition of spotdodging. No form of spotdodging is in this game. It would be a nice addition to have it in this game.

5. Improvement of DK, Samus, Luigi, and Link. I feel that besides recovery, these are the only characters that need improvement even if they had a recovery buff. Many of DK's moves may be powerful but it has a lot of start-up and endlag. Cutting some lag frames along with the earlier recovery buff would help him a lot. Samus is floaty and sluggish with her only real good move being her D-Air. Other than that, she struggles in a lot of match-ups because of her sluggish movement. Making her faster and heavier like in Melee would solve a lot of her issues. Luigi has the longest short-hop in the game, is slow, and lacking offensive options in the neutral. Give him a reliable finisher, shorter distance in his short-hop can improve him significantly. Lastly Link. Other than recovery, Link is a defensive character. Which is completely fine, but a slight speed boost and having a couple of his moves cut in endlag to make him slightly quicker in punishing a mistake from the opponent while being defensive.

6. More stages available on a competitive level. Dreamland is the only legal stage. It would be great to see a hacked version that makes it so Duel Zone (Essentially Battlefield), and Final Destination from Single-player Classic Mode available for choice.

---

To my knowledge, that's every issue that I think can make Smash 64 better. If I missed anything, I'll come back and remember to add it. If you have any comments or criticisms, I'd love to hear them.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum