Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Do Not Study, You Shall Not Pass - Spellbook/Prophecy Deck 2016 January

4 posters

Go down

If You Do Not Study, You Shall Not Pass - Spellbook/Prophecy Deck 2016 January Empty If You Do Not Study, You Shall Not Pass - Spellbook/Prophecy Deck 2016 January

Post by Khina Bree Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Okay sue me for the lame title but Razz

SO guys, Sketch here with an updated Spellbook deck that I plan to try and run this format (if I can) I haven't messed with Books in a while so when I saw some of my old techs, I thought to myself...can these still be good? I think some can. Have a look for yourself~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

If You Do Not Study, You Shall Not Pass - Spellbook/Prophecy Deck 2016 January Empty Re: If You Do Not Study, You Shall Not Pass - Spellbook/Prophecy Deck 2016 January

Post by α27theDemonKnight Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:39 pm

That Reasoning scares me a whole damn lot.
It's either a REALLY good idea. Or a REALLY bad idea.
Otherwise. Love this deck with all its techs. Lel
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

If You Do Not Study, You Shall Not Pass - Spellbook/Prophecy Deck 2016 January Empty Re: If You Do Not Study, You Shall Not Pass - Spellbook/Prophecy Deck 2016 January

Post by Kiernan Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Why Wrath and BTS over a playset of Solemn Strikes? Reasoning seems kinda bad because about 50% of the monsters you have you don't really want to SS anyway. I get the "It sets up Fate" argument, but still kinda seems like a sub-par choice to me.

Also, I'm not a fan of Maxx at all in that decklist. Especially because you don't have a real way to stop an OTK. Pepe will OTK you if you Maxx. Best case scenario they're going first and pop Plushfire, you chain Maxx to it. Even then, they'll probably just resolve Plush, set 1-2 and pass. Against Kozmo it's even worse.  

Extra deck seems kinda dated too. Stardust and Catastor aren't the threats that they once were. You don't really seem to have sufficient backrow to protect Stardust. I'd recommend replacing both. Catastor with either Chanbara or Armades and Stardust with Omega.

Additionally, Jowgen doesn't seem to be the threat that it once was. Just about anything that can be normal summoned now seems able to run over Jowgen. The discard to pop all Special Summoned monsters is nice, however.

For relatively casual gameplay though, this doesn't seem like a bad build.

Last edited by Kiernan on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:02 pm

Because I am realistic and cannot afford Solemns.

Reasoning plays work much better than you'd imagine. Running into a Jowgen is amazing

Extra deck is super irrelevant. I rarely touch it unless its Rank 2s.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:13 pm

Dat Suprise injection fairy lily though.....tooo stronk.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Magician Credits : 7307

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 am

Yep. I adore Lily in this build. Oh and Reasoning can get her on the field quick. PLUS Reasoning can also aide in Master plays
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum