Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

First Impressions: Fire Emblem Requiem

Go down

First Impressions: Fire Emblem Requiem Empty First Impressions: Fire Emblem Requiem

Post by HoennZach Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:59 pm

I decided to start writing reviews and first impressions of games/ rom hacks I have played. I decided to start this off with my first Impressions of one of the many rom hacks of our beloved Fire Emblem 7... Right after I made it to chapter 7. Coincidence I swear
First Impressions: Fire Emblem Requiem Fire%20Emblem%20-%20Requiem%20of%20War%20(beta%201)-1
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54594

Overview: Fire Emblem Requiem is a fully completed ROM hack of Fire Emblem 7, made by Sacred Blaze. It features 2 diferent story modes, Valentine as the prologue and Ash for the rest of the game. It takes mechanics from both Sacred Stones and Fire Emblem 6, and implements even more units of it's own.

Graphics: 9.5/10
With the mugs of the characters recently updated the game looks far better. The sprites and terrain are pretty much the same as a regular Fire Emblem GBA game, but Cavaliers now have the option between their regular sprite, or the new custom sprite which includes axes over swords. The same goes for Armored Knights as they have new sprites for their Sword/Axe counterparts. Minor points were taken off for the title screen remaining the same and Val's sprite being the same as Fire Emblem 8's Eirika, but recolored.

Gameplay: 11/10
Most people consider Fire Emblem 7 as one of the best Fire Emblem games in the entire series, and for good reason too. This game takes everything good about Fire Emblem 7, and makes it better. Cavalier units now have 2 different variations, Standard and Axe. The Standard Cavaliers are the basic cavaliers in every FE game and come with Lances and Swords. The Axe Cavaliers get access to lances and axes, and get their own custom overworld sprite. The same goes for the armored knights as they get sword and axe variations of their own. The enemies in the game force you to make the most out of every weapon triangle advantage you can get and will likely end up losing quite a few units if you dont. Your Merchant in this game is better than both versions of Mernlinus in FE 6 and 7 because like FE 7 he doesnt cost a Unit Slot and like FE 6 you can freely move him around the map.

Story: ???
There isnt much I can say about the story in First Impressiosn as it IS the length of a full Fire Emblem game and im only on chapter 7 but I can give you a quick overview of what has happened so far.
Ash, Andrei, and Valentine are all siblings, and the children of the King and Queen. Egardia has started a war with their country Olva, forcing the children to flee with their aunt, uncle, dying mother, and a few soldiers. Their father died trying to protect Ash, and their mother was very sick with a disease they couldnt treat due to their conditions. The three siblings experienced the lost of their parents, and their kingdom, and you get to see how this all affects them and what they are willing to go through to keep each other safe.

Characters: 9/10
I LOVE the characters in this game. Valentine (or Val for short) is easily one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters of all time (Looking a bit like Erza also helps Smile ), and within the 7 chapters I played, she has had a TON of development. Andrei is the most reckless out of the 3 siblings, and is being trained by his aunt, Josie. He does whatever it takes to keep his family safe even if it isnt the right thing to do. Ash is the Dark Mage of the group, being trained by his uncle, and his magic is having dangerous effects on him, resulting in him hearing a voice in his head. Very curious to see how his character pans out throughout the story. Keiran, the silent wyvern rider, and Josie both want to kill the White Knight, and Josie mentions Keiran looking familiar. With Keiran being all distant and stuff it will be interesting to see more interactions between him and the White Knight, and hopefully learn more about him. Sacred Blaze is doing a good job with his writing, making every unit seem to stick out in some way. For example the fighter of the group suprises Val with his pure power, like most fighters SHOULD do (Im looking at you Vaike AKA Mr. Not Bringing My Axe To War -.-)

I really am enjoying this game so far and would recommend it to anyone familiar with the Fire Emblem franchise.
EDIT: The Axe Cavaliers replace swords with axes and keep lances
HoennZach
HoennZach
Sharpened Snake

Magician Credits : 318

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down