Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Official TCG November 9th Banlist

+6
mimgrim
LightRook
Kira Yoshikage
Flip Flapper
Lord Beerus
Stardog
10 posters

Go down

Official TCG November 9th Banlist Empty Official TCG November 9th Banlist

Post by Stardog Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:05 am

Forbidden:
Apoqliphort Towers
Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
El Shaddoll Construct
Evilswarm Exciton Knight

Limited:
Qliphort Scout
Graff, Malebranch of the Burning Abyss
Mathematician
Nekroz of Brionac
Nekroz of Unicore
Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk
El Shaddoll Fusion
Reinforcement of the Army

Semi-Limited:
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss

Unlimited:
Chaos Sorcerer
Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En
Spellbook of Fate
Geargiagear

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Official TCG November 9th Banlist Empty Re: Official TCG November 9th Banlist

Post by Lord Beerus Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:47 pm

waaaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuck is this bullshit
Lord Beerus
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 197

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Rant. Kinda?:
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:50 am

i kinda wish dragon ravine would have gone back to 3, i feel like with the dragon rulers out fo the way and REDMD only at 1 dragon ravine cant do much damage at all, i dont think dragunity would come back even with this but it would at least be a nice help for dragunity and some other dragon decks like chaos dragons, i dont think the game woudl change at all if ravine was at 2 or 3 right now but i just feel like keeping it at 2 is unescecary

i also feel like the hit on construct was a bit unescecary, there are a LOT of ways around it in the game today so i honestly dont think construct is that big a deal, ive always had more problem with el shaddoll winda TBH but i do understand why it wasnt limited i just wish it had been limited

well there some other changes i wish but i honestly cant justify them so im not gonna mention them except for this one, chaos emperor dragon, BEFORE EVERYONE TRIES TO KILL ME HEAR ME OUT
chaos emperor dragon as it was when it was banned should still stay banned, the problem is that they gave it an errata that made so you cant do ANYTHING else after you use its effect, sure i know it can be used to set up for use of mezuki, plaguespreader, malicious and so forth but it is far weaker then when it was banned and your opponet can still use effects the turn this guy uses its effect, so all it really does is do a bunch of burn damage and make both players go to 0, is it still gonn abe powerfull? probably, is it gonna be the most broken card in the game at the moment? no, not even close, even if they made it go to 2 i doubt it would and im not saying unlimited chaos emperor dragons i just want it to be limited to 1
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Yoshikage Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:59 am

>"Towers didn't need a ban"
>"Scout needed a ban"

What the fuck are you smoking, Paladin? Towers is a win condition against most decks in the current metagame. Scout is fine at 2, because it isn't a fucking "Gg no re" as soon as it hits the board like Towers, and it has a cost when you use it to search. Also, until Towers Turbo became popular, people considered Qli's dead with Scout semi-limited and Saqlifice at 1. Scout didn't "NEED" a ban. Towers did. Other than that, I'll agree with the rest of your rant.
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:57 am

Lord Roy wrote:>"Towers didn't need a ban"
>"Scout needed a ban"

What the fuck are you smoking, Paladin? Towers is a win condition against most decks in the current metagame. Scout is fine at 2, because it isn't a fucking "Gg no re" as soon as it hits the board like Towers, and it has a cost when you use it to search. Also, until Towers Turbo became popular, people considered Qli's dead with Scout semi-limited and Saqlifice at 1. Scout didn't "NEED" a ban. Towers did. Other than that, I'll agree with the rest of your rant.

Towers is just a boss. Without Scout it can't be fielded consistently enough to be a threat. And also, Qlis were never considered dead unless the "people" you are referring to didn't play the game competitively. I played against a lot of Floodgate Qli at the start of the format. Turbo was just the most effective variant.

Also, Towers is NOT an instant win condition against most decks in the current metagame. Ritual Beasts get over it with Apelio and the 3200 ATK fusion. Nekroz gets over it with DA and Valk/Trish. BA burns opponent to death with Lake/Traveler loop. Infernoid can use Clear Wing or the 4000 atk rank 8 Galaxy-Eyes Xyz to beat over it. Rank 4 spam decks have Diamond Crab King to crash into Towers. HEROs and Tellars have Excalibur. Kozmo decks have Honest and Juragedo.

What made Towers good was the speed in which it hit the field. If you hit Scout, that speed is all but gone. Saq could be brought to 3 with Scout banned too. Had Konami wanted to put a stop to Qli altogether, they could have just nuked Scout. But they didn't. That might have been their intention all along though. Who can say?
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by LightRook Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:08 am

I've been waiting for the day Shi En gets unlimited and it has finally come, this is great.
LightRook
LightRook

Magician Credits : 2463

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:39 am

well beelze does make good use of ROTA with armageddon knight and dark grepher, it certainly isnt needed for the deck but its still anoying
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:03 am

Eh. Towers really didn't need a banning as there are plenty of ways to get around it, for rouge or meta, so a limiting would have been enough combined with a limiting of Scout but I guess one less annoying thing to deal with. Though I might keep Santa Claws in the side despite Towers being banned since it can get over so many other problem cards as well.

Not really sure Shurit needed a ban with Brio and Unicore limited but eh. I guess Konami wanted to hurt Nekroz a lot.

Construct being banned also seems a bit much when a limitation would have been fine but eh, just another annoying card I don't have to worry about.

Exciton being banned is hilarious, and totally not warranted but meh.

I'm a bit miffed at Ulti-Cann being limited since it hurts Rampengu plays which in turn adds to more bricking/consistiency issues the deck already has.

Mathematician didn't need the hit either.

RotA being limited takes a good searching tool down to 1 and hurts a lot of different things, I think a semi would have been fine. Means the Striker engine that was being put into Madolcbe decks will probably stop being used now.

I'm a bit disappointed that Dante wasn't hit in anyway. And sad that certain banned cards are still there and certain limited cards aren't semied or unlimited but meh not much to do about it.

Not horrible changes but not great either. Just okay.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Magician Credits : 604

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flint Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:45 am

I disagree with everyone who says that Towers shouldn't have been hit. The notion that there are outs to Towers which makes balanced or didn't warrant a hit is a fallacious argument. By that logic, every card doesn't deserve a hit because there exists outs. Most of the outs were few and far between and if you have to main deck answers for 1 match-up, it makes you question the card's legality.

Just like when people main decked Starlight Road because of Heavy Storm. Having to main deck Crab King as the main answer. The problem was Towers is that it stops so many things from affecting it along with the fact that it's so easy to summon, it removes a monster from the hand or field every turn for no cost, all the monsters tributed go to the Extra deck where they can be Pendulum summoned again, along with Monolith that makes them draw 3 cards for a monster with not very many outs.

Putting Towers to 1 is redundant, most Qliphort decks only run 1 Towers anyways. Limiting Towers would do nothing. Sure it's not an instant win condition when you bring out Towers. You still have to attack with it, but you can't even stop it from attacking because of its self-protection.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Linty wrote:I disagree with everyone who says that Towers shouldn't have been hit. The notion that there are outs to Towers which makes balanced or didn't warrant a hit is a fallacious argument. By that logic, every card doesn't deserve a hit because there exists outs. Most of the outs were few and far between and if you have to main deck answers for 1 match-up, it makes you question the card's legality.

I'm not saying Towers isn't overpowered. I'm saying with Scout banned it's not a feasible option. Scout being banned would've hurt the deck more than anything else. Also, Skybase Turbo can be a thing (though it's not as good). Anyway, I do see the point of banning Towers. I just disagree strongly with the decision.
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Flint Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:42 pm

With Scout at 1, Skybase turns into a less feasible option as well. Along with Konami making poorly designed cards. Sure Skybase doesn't pick away 500ATK and 500DEF for special summoned monsters, but it results in having the same problem as Towers where it's unaffected by a lot of things but a lot more tamer. And monster attacks now being worth a damn since their ATK and DEF don't get sliced at. If it becomes problematic like Towers, just give it the same treatment as Towers. Although very doubtful since Saqlifice and Scout are both at 1.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by HoennZach Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Im sad with the Nekroz hits because I love the way the deck plays but the hits were needed
Im very happy with the list, even exciton being gone, I just dont like the Math hit but it is a foolish on legs so I guess its feasible.
HoennZach
HoennZach
Sharpened Snake

Magician Credits : 318

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]