Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

MADA TCG Banlist Discussion

3 posters

Go down

MADA TCG Banlist Discussion Empty MADA TCG Banlist Discussion

Post by HoennZach Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Ok so I thought a forum where we can all give in our input on what should happen on the MADA list would be nice so we can talk about what common members have to say about it

Ill start:
Some sort of hit to Infernoids. With all the current tier 1s in the official TCG list hit in our list Infernoids are a more powerful pick and with Decatron they are basically immune to floodgates (will still see a fair amount of trouble from HERO decks)

Cold Wave to 1: The card locks you and your opponent both out of your spells and traps until your next turn so while it allows you to OTK, it also gives your opponent a turn to gain advantage and play around whatever field presence you build up.

Allure of Darkness, Book Of Moon, One For One, Mind Control, Deep Sea Diva, Dandylion, T.G. Hyper Librarian to 2: These are basically on my wishlist as cards that wont change anything in the metagame (except Mermails are a tad better without Neptabyss) but will also greatly boost decks that use these cards to their fullest potential.

Sangan, DMoC, Debris Dragon to 3: These cards were recently brought to 2 and they all havent really impacted the game. Sangan is too slow DMoC still requires tributes and Debris Dragon is specific on his targets making him useless in most decks
HoennZach
HoennZach
Sharpened Snake

Magician Credits : 318

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

MADA TCG Banlist Discussion Empty Re: MADA TCG Banlist Discussion

Post by Stardog Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:00 pm

My only criticism is your formatting. It looks like 1 big block of text. If it was separated more, it would be more enticing and less boring to read through it.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by HoennZach Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:48 am

Sorry typed it up on mobile.
Anyways who else thinks Infernoids are going to need a hit?
HoennZach
HoennZach
Sharpened Snake

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardog Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:12 am

What we decide to what gets hit in our banlist is almost mostly dependent on the tournament results. No one was using Infernoids so they are most likely not going to get touched.
Stardog
Stardog

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Honestly I don't see any problems with Infernoids. They aren't hard to counter. They're hit or miss.

Unless they really start thrashing in our future events, then they're not gonna be hit.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by HoennZach Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Lets get some Cold wave discussion going on!
I think that while It does allow otks, Your also vulnerable to hand traps and your opponent also gers his own chance to otk so i think its a fair trade off
HoennZach
HoennZach
Sharpened Snake

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardog Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Cold Wave" is kind of like "Heavy Storm" although harder to counter and no destruction of the cards. "Cold Wave" is way harder to stop, it's actually harder to stop "Cold Wave" than "Heavy Storm". Considering people had reliable outs to "Heavy Storm" with "Starlight Road" and "The Huge Revolution is Over". The only reason it worked was because both cards listed stopped destruction, which "Cold Wave" doesn't. The outs to use on "Cold Wave" are resorted to cards like "Magic Drain" or "Dark Bribe".

Second, people did not use "Cold Wave" unless they were absolutely certain they were going to win the duel right then and there, which at that point if "Cold Wave" is successful, hand traps or maybe quick effects from the grave are your savior.

All of what I previously said is not why we're keeping this card banned. I'm trying to put in perspective how "Cold Wave" stands as a card. Again, we take everyone's suggestion into consideration and the Big 4 make a vote. In the case of a stalemate, Akaneia will be asked for a vote.

As far as "Cold Wave" goes, I'm curious to see where the card stands in our metagame. Although, I'm not the sole adviser of this banlist, this will depend on everyone else's vote.
Stardog
Stardog

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content