Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

What is the type of style you play in Melee

4 posters

Go down

What is the type of style you play in Melee Empty What is the type of style you play in Melee

Post by LightRook Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:41 am

Same as title says, what is the type of stly you play in Melee.

Roy: I tend to juggle charaters with Roy by doing his Up-A into a combo and tend to just keep them in the air for massive amounts of damage then just hit them with a strong attack to send them flying. Sometimes that doesn't work and I just attack and try to evade them most of the time.

Marth: Pretty much the same play style as Roy, but it is harder to combo into Marths Up-A because his tip doesn't send the opponent flying that far most of the time so instead of his Up-A I tend to hit them with a Side-A into the air then combo into that into either a D-air of the stage or just a power attack.

Fox: Don't really have a play style with Fox right now because I just picked him up in Melee but right now I am just kinda running in and attack until I can get a strong attack in for a stock loss.

Captain Falcon: I generally play Falcon in a rush kind of way, go in attack combo into stuff then just a power attack for a stock loss, if that doesn't work then just yolo the knees and falcon punches and hope for the best.

Well those are the play styles I use for my mains in Melee, post yours.
LightRook
LightRook

Magician Credits : 2463

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

What is the type of style you play in Melee Empty Re: What is the type of style you play in Melee

Post by Stardog Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:52 am

I'm a Falco and Marth main so I tend to switch playstyles among the 2 characters.

Falco: Laser control is so important, and as such I use it to pressure my opponent into an approach which is punished with a shine and leads up to some aerials moves and hopefully a spike to end the stock.

Marth: I play a more defensive approach with Marth, mostly dash-dancing and wavedashing until my opponent makes a mistake which I then capitalize on. If my opponent is pressuring me into an approach like Fox or Falco then I make my approach with a JC-Grabbed which leads to a chaingrab and when they reach a certain percentage, I lead them with a couple aerials and get them into a edge-guarding scenario.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

What is the type of style you play in Melee Empty Re: What is the type of style you play in Melee

Post by Flint Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:21 am

I am das Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth and Captain main.

Fox: I use the lazers only when my opponent is forcing me to make an approach. Against most characters I'll usually approach with a short-hop N-air which is then L-Cancelled for a Down-Tilt/Grab/Shine. If I chose to shine, I'll wavedash out of my shine forward to have one of 2 options depending on what reaction did the shine give them. If they plummet to the ground, I'll shield, bait out the get-up attack and grab them. If they roll I'll tech chase into a grab or short-hopped N-air. If they stay standing up I'll continue to waveshine them or just grab them. Fox has a good wavedash distance so it's really good to fake-out your opponents, along with dash-dancing.

Falco: I'm not too great with Falco considering I've only recently tried to play him. But most of what I do is short-hop lazer into either a grab or a D-air. I do pillar with Falco. Pretty much just his bread and butter since I'm not that experienced with the character.

Sheik: Sheik is a fantastic character, she's kind of the anti-thesis of Captain. Being that Captain is a rush down character. Sheik kind of just picks apart at the opponent, with her needles being a great tool for edge-guarding and forcing your opponent into an approach. She is fast and her moves have very little cooldown.

Marth: Also not that experienced with Marth. But generally I like to approach with N-Air a lot and grab into Up-Tilts.

Captain: Short-Hops and L-Cancels are so important with this character if you're comboing. Along with optimal spacing. Mostly I find an opportunity to combo and take it then end with the knee. Not much else other than combo into a knee.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfox Falco Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:10 pm

I just play for fun and I don't under stand what all these techniques names mean. But my main is falco.
Starfox Falco
Starfox Falco

Magician Credits : 1653

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down