Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Haoh Kokuryuu Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon

Go down

Haoh Kokuryuu Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon Empty Haoh Kokuryuu Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon

Post by Stardog Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Since Haoh is such a cool new type of card that I’m sure everyone is dying to know how it works, I thought I’d explain how it works based on all the rulings that are out for it.

Also Igknights and their interactions with those cards, if you’re into that sort of thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Haoh Kokuryuu Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon / Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon
Dark Dragon / Xyz / Pendulum / Effect
PS4 RK7 3000/2500
2 Level 7 Dragon-Type monsters
Pendulum Effect: (1) Once per turn, if you do not have a card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can place 1 Pendulum Monster from your Main Deck on your other Pendulum Zone.
Monster Effect: You can Pendulum Summon this face-up card from your Extra Deck if you can Pendulum Summon Level 7 monsters. (1) If this card is Xyz Summoned by using an Xyz Monster: Destroy as many Level 7 or lower monsters your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed, and if you do that, during this turn this card can make 2 additional attacks during each Battle Phase. (2) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect in the Monster Zone: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Now first things first, this is an Xyz Pendulum monster! YGO ARC-V is truly a crazy show full of smiles.

What Haoh being an Xyz Pendulum monster means is that it has the traits of a Pendulum Monster but must follow the rules of Xyz Monsters. It starts the Duel face-down in your Extra Deck as all Xyz Monsters do, (normally) is first Summoned from said Extra Deck by overlaying 2 monsters, and cannot exist in your hand. Now the traits given to it by being part Pendulum means that when it would be sent from the field to the Graveyard for any reason, it goes face-up in your Extra Deck instead. Unless, of course, you use its (2) effect, which is currently the only way of placing it in the Pendulum Zone. Note that like Insight Magician, placing Haoh in your Pendulum Zone with its (2) effect doesn’t count as activating a Spell Card, but it’ll still stay in the Zone and you can use its Pendulum Scale (normally 4) to Pendulum Summon monsters. Also note that its Pendulum Effect also works like this, placing a Pendulum Monster from your Deck to your other Pendulum Zone does not activate that Pendulum Monster.

Now, once face-up in the Extra Deck, you can Pendulum Summon Haoh if you are capable of Pendulum Summoning Level 7 monsters. However, this is where this card gets a little bit weird. A face-up Haoh in your Extra Deck can only be Pendulum Summoned from there if it was properly Xyz Summoned first and then sent there. Meaning if it was Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by say, Xyz Universe, and later destroyed and goes to the Extra Deck, you cannot Pendulum Summon it. Another important thing to remember is that, a face-up Haoh in your Extra Deck cannot be Xyz Summoned.

That about does it for the basics for now, I’m sure crazy card interaction questions will show up later, but for now, have a basic one: No you cannot use this face-up card in the Extra Deck with Pot of Riches.

For those of you who didn’t care about this dragon whose eyes shine with rage and are just here for the Igknights, here you go.

Q: I activated the (1) Pendulum Effect of a Pendulum “Igknight” monster and chains “Stardust Spark Dragon’s” effect to it. With this “Stardust Spark Dragon’s” effect, if I were to protect the “Igknight” monster in either Pendulum Zone so that it cannot be destroyed, how would this resolve?
A: The Pendulum Effect of Pendulum “Igknight” monsters must destroy an “Igknight” card in both of your Pendulum Zones, otherwise you will not be able to add 1 FIRE Warrior-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. In the proposed scenario, the card protected by “Stardust Spark Dragon” will not be destroyed and will stay in the Pendulum Zone, but the other “Igknight” card will be destroyed. (As a result of this, since you only managed to destroy 1 card, you cannot add 1 FIRE Warrior-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.)

And finally I’m sure everyone knows this already, but Red-Eyes B. Chick is NOT a Red-Eyes monster, this was a screw up from a long time ago that was for some reason not fixed in its reprint in Joey’s World. TCG truly works in mysterious ways.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down