Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] Duelist Entry Deck VS Rulings

Go down

[OCG] Duelist Entry Deck VS Rulings Empty [OCG] Duelist Entry Deck VS Rulings

Post by Stardog Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:19 pm

03/20/15 Duelist Entry Deck VS rulings.

VS15-JPS00: Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon
• The (1) effect of this card is an Ignition Effect that activates in the hand. (This effect does not target. Tributing 1 LIGHT monster on your side of the field is a cost to activate this effect. You can also Tribute a face-down LIGHT monster.)
• Sending an Odd-Eyes Dragon to the Graveyard and Special Summoning this card from the hand occur simultaneously. (Sending Odd-Eyes Dragon to the Graveyard is not a cost.)
• The (2) effect of this card is a Trigger Effect. (This effect activates at the end of the Damage Step. It does not target.)
• If this card and a monster with the same ATK are both destroyed by battle with each other, you cannot activate this effect.

VS15-JPD00: D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon
• The (1) effect of this card is an Ignition Effect that activates in the hand. (This effect does not target. Tributing 1 Dragon and 1 Fiend-Type monster on your side of the field or your hand is a cost to activate this effect. You can also Tribute a face-down Dragon and Fiend-Type monster.)
• You cannot Tribute D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon itself as the Fiend-Type monster you must Tribute to activate its effect.
• The (2) effect of this card is an Ignition Effect. (Discarding 1 card is a cost to activate this effect. It does not target.)
• Increasing this card’s ATK and destroying a Spell/Trap Card on the field do not occur simultaneously. In addition, you must always increase this card’s ATK, but destroying a Spell/Trap Card on the field is optional.

Q: If Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon destroys a monster by battle that I own but was moved to my opponent’s side of the field by the effect of Creature Swap, can the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which targets and destroys an opponent’s monster be activated?
A: Even if Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon destroys a monster that you own but was on your opponent’s side of the field, its effect can be activated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: If Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon destroys an opponent’s Embodiment of Apophis that was Special Summoned as a monster by its own effect, can the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which targets and destroys an opponent’s monster be activated?
A: Since Embodiment of Apophis is not treated as a monster after it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon cannot be activated.

Q: If Macro Cosmos is applying when Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, or if it destroys a Plaguespreader Zombie that was Special Summoned by its own effect, can the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which targets and destroys an opponent’s monster be activated?
A: In this situation, you cannot activate the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon if the destroyed monster is banished by Macro Cosmos instead of being sent to the Graveyard. (The result is the same if it destroys Plaguespreader Zombie that was Special Summoned by its own effect.)

Q: If Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon destroys an opponent’s Pendulum Monster or Monster Token by battle, can the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which targets and destroys an opponent’s monster be activated?
A: In this situation, you cannot activate the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon. Monster Tokens are removed from the field instead of being sent to the Graveyard, and Pendulum Monsters are placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard.

Q: While the first effect of Stellarknight Constellar Diamond is applying, can I activate the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which Special Summons it from the hand? In addition, if Xyz Reborn is activated in a chain to the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which Special Summons it from the hand, and Stellarknight Constellar Diamond is Special Summoned, how does the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon resolve?
A: If the first effect of Stellarknight Constellar Diamond is already applying, you can only activate the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon if if it is possible to send an Odd-Eyes Dragon from your side of the field or your hand to the Graveyard. (If the only place you have an Odd-Eyes Dragon in is your Deck, you cannot activate this effect.) In addition, if Stellarknight Constellar Diamond is Special Summoned by an effect chained to the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon, you can send Odd-Eyes Dragon from your side of the field or hand to the Graveyard and Special Summon Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon normally, but if the only place you have an Odd-Eyes Dragon in is your Deck, the effect is not applied. (Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon remains in your hand.)

Q: Odd-Eyes Dragon is face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone after becoming an Equip Card due to the effect of Relinquished. Can I still activate the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which Special Summons it from my hand?
A: Yes, you can. When resolving the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon and sending 1 Odd-Eyes Dragon from your side of the field, hand, or Deck to the Graveyard, you can send an Odd-Eyes Dragon that is face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone as the one to send to the Graveyard.

Q: While the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is applying, can I activate the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which Special Summons it from the hand? In addition, if Vanity’s Emptiness is activated in a chain to the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which Special Summons it from the hand, how does the effect resolve?
A: If the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness is already applying, you cannot activate the effect of an Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon from your hand. In addition, if Vanity’s Emptiness is activated in a chain to this effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon, the part of the effect that Special Summoning it does not take place. Even in this case, the part of the effect that sends 1 Odd-Eyes Dragon from your side of the field, hand, or Deck still takes place.

Q: If Macro Cosmos is activated in a chain to the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which Special Summons it from the hand, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this scenario, if the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying when the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon resolves, the Odd-Eyes Dragon chosen from your side of the field, hand, or Deck is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. In that case, the part of the effect that Special Summoning it does not take place. (Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon remains in the hand.) Note that even if the effect of Macro Cosmos is already applying, the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon can still be activated, but the result will be the same.

Q: If Mind Crush is activated in a chain to the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which Special Summons it from the hand, so that Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon is discarded, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this case, if the Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon that activated its effect is no longer in the hand when the effect resolves, the part of the effect that Special Summoning it does not take place. Even in this case, the part of the effect that sends 1 Odd-Eyes Dragon from your side of the field, hand, or Deck still takes place.

Q: When using the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which Special Summons it from the hand, can I send a face-down Odd-Eyes Dragon on my side of the field to the Graveyard?
A: A face-down Odd-Eyes Dragon cannot be sent to the Graveyard this way. To activate the effect of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon, you must have an Odd-Eyes Dragon face-up on your side of the field, or in your hand or Deck.

Q: The second effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon has been applied, and it gains 500 ATK until the end of this turn. Then, if Skill Drain is activated so that the effects of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon are negated, what happens to its ATK?
A: In this situation, if the effects of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon are negated, its ATK returns to its original value. Note that even if the effect of Skill Drain later stops applying, D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon does not regain the lost ATK.

Q: If the second effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon is activated, but Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device is chained so that D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon is no longer face-up on the field when its effect resolves, is the effect applied?
A: If D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon is no longer face-up on the field when its effect resolves, the part of the effect that increases its ATK by 500 cannot be applied, so the part of the effect that destroys a Spell/Trap Card on the field is also not applied.

Q: Can the second effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon be activated even if there are no Spell/Trap Cards on the field?
A: When this effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon resolves, you can choose whether or not to apply the effect that destroys a Spell/Trap Card on the field. Therefore, even if there is no Spell/Trap Card on the field, you can activate this effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon. (In that case, the effect will finish resolving once D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon gains 500 ATK.)

Q: Can the second effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon be activated once during my Main Phase 1 and then again during my Main Phase 2?
A: This effect can only be activated once per turn. If you activated the effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon during your Main Phase 1, you cannot activate it again during your Main Phase 2.

Q: If there are 5 cards in my Monster Zone, can I activate the effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon which Special Summons it from the hand?
A: If a Dragon or Fiend-Type monster exists on your side of the field, even if there is no room in your Monster Zone, you can activate the effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon as long as you Tribute a monster from the field. In this situation, if you cannot Tribute a monster from your side of the field, you cannot activate the effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon.

Q: If Mind Crush is activated in a chain to the effect of D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon which Special Summons it from the hand, so that D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon is discarded, how does its effect resolve?
A: In this case, if the D/D/D Dragon Overlord Pendragon that activated its effect is no longer in the hand when the effect resolves, the effect does not apply.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down