Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Pokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception

Go down

Pokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception Empty Pokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception

Post by Flint Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:23 pm

There is a common misconception in Pokemon where items that increase/modify a Pokemon's stats, that it affects the base stat. This is false. Abilities and Items that modify a Pokemon's stats affects their actual stats, and not their base stats.

For example:

Pokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception SMZboNH

Pokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception BTqbhQQ

Azumarill has the ability "Huge Power", which doubles its ATK stat. Under this misconception, it's assumed that Azumarill's base 50 ATK will be raised to 100 ATK. Which with perfect IVs and 252 EVs with Adament nature, it would be at 328 for it's actual stats. Which is incorrect. "Huge Power" is much better than this. Having 252 EVs on ATK and Adament Nature will have its actual stat be 218 and the double to 436. Which in terms of base stats, that's almost a base stat of 150.

Pokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception GbUbGAz

This applies for all stat modifier items and abilities such as the Choice Items and Eviolite.

Pokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception NBWqPRjPokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception Bo84nAePokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception B9g3IKHPokemon Service Announcement: Stat Increase Misconception VPqQo62

That's all I have to say on this Pokemon Service Announcement. If there are any comments or criticism, feel free to reply to this thread.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum