Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll

5 posters

Go down

Choose your Games~

MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll ZA70T8J38%MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll TlGsDiP 38% 
[ 5 ]
MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll ZA70T8J62%MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll TlGsDiP 62% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll Empty MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll

Post by Khina Bree Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:30 am

Welcome one and all, to the all new "Magical Arts Duel Academia Hunger Games!"

For those who may be new to this, the MADA Hunger Games are a role-play experience based on the Hunger Games book and movie franchise. Players take on the roles of "Tributes" from the various districts but in place of using weapons or fists to kill one another, Tributes Duel until only one remains. The fallen Tributes...well let's leave that as a bit of a surprise, shall we?

Now, in the past we've had archetype limitations, adjusted banlists, etc. THIS time around...I have two (yes TWO) different styles that this event can use. Rather than just implement one of them and see if it works, I'm going to let the people of MADA choose what they wanna use.

Option 1: Pure Role-Play
-In this style, there are no limitations for deck building. You can run whatever you desire. However, this version of the rules doesn't involve any actual dueling. Rather, when two Tributes engage in a duel, a winner is decided via RNG, then the two Tributes collaborate on a "Scripted" Duel. Each player works together to come up with a play-by-play and then post the duel out in a true, anime-style duel until the winning turn. These scripted duels can be as long or short as the two players can agree upon. If needed, the GM will assist in these scripts and see that all duels are settled properly.

This version also allows for players to mess around with out-of-duel card shenanigans, such as using cards with their Duel Disk to protect themselves from the environment, or to help perform tasks, or whatever you can imagine. Just be sensible. (Out of Duel card effects cannot be used to harm other Tributes)

Option 2: TRUE Hunger Games
-Now this version may appeal more for those who want some more...action instead. Duels will be held, and "falls" will occur just as they did in older incarnations of the Games. However, following the truer style of the books and films, no one enters the arena with a deck. Rather, the Cornucopia at the start will have a variety of pre-built decks for the Tributes to make a mad-dash for. These decks will be built following the official TCG banlist and will contain a 40 card main deck, 5-10 card extra deck and a 7 card Side deck, all TCG only cards.

Using this method also means that there will be cards scattered around the Arena, which can be collected and added to your deck as you see fit. Oh and when another Tribute falls, you're not allowed to touch their cards. At all.

Now that I've prattled on enough about the basics of how these Games will go, why don't we open the floor for voting, eh? Now be good little dearies and choose the format of these Games you desire. I'll keep this open until the 31st of this month (Next Monday) and starting November 2nd, I'll get the official rules and sign-ups posted.

Right then, off you go, vote away. Tatty-bye~
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll Empty Re: MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll

Post by Yuuki Yuna Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Why does the first option have to be decided by RNG? Why not just RP fighting with actual combat?
Yuuki Yuna
Yuuki Yuna

Magician Credits : 182

Back to top Go down

MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll Empty Re: MADA Hunger Games Reborn: Introduction and Poll

Post by Khina Bree Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Do you even bother reading?
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Beerus Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:49 pm

Everything Looks good oracle. I like both options but i think that the 2nd option is better in my opinion. I can't wait to see what you do for this one.
:GodotSip:
Lord Beerus
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 197

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Well thanks dearie, but you should expectno less from me by now~
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 am

Quick bump to keep this in view
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:51 am

Amazing how I have only 7 tributes signed up but yet have 13 votes
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:43 am

You know how people like having opinions though.
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:02 am

Gonna get a more accurate vote then
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:08 am

By accurate vote. You mean personally interview everyone eligible for voting for their views? lel
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:28 am

No, as I posted on the sign up, each person signed up needs to post what they voted
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down