Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 09/29/16 Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 09/29/16 Rulings Empty [OCG] 09/29/16 Rulings

Post by Stardog Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 am

More rulings related to the new Structure Deck, and some miscellaneous cards.

09/29/16 Rulings

Q: Ancient Gear Gadget is treated as Yellow Gadget by its own effect, and then Tributed to Tribute Summon an Ancient Gear Hydra. In this case, will the effects of Ancient Gear Hydra that banish an opponent’s monster that it attacks, and allow it to attack all monsters on the opponent’s field, be applied?
A: In this scenario, since Ancient Gear Gadget was treated as Yellow Gadget when it was Tributed, it was considered a “Gadget” monster but not an “Ancient Gear” monster. The effect of the Tribute Summoned Ancient Gear Hydra that allows it to attack all monsters on the opponent’s field will apply, but the effect that banishes an opponent’s monster that it attacks is not applied.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: Skill Drain is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, I Tribute Summon an Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon by Tributing 2 monsters, including an Ancient Gear Gadget. In this case, how will the first and second effects of Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon be applied?
A: In this scenario, Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon was Tribute Summoned by Tributing an “Ancient Gear” monster and a “Gadget” monster. While the effect of Skill Drain is applying, the effects of Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon will be negated, but if the effect of Skill Drain stops applying, the effects allowing Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon to inflict piercing battle damage and to attack twice during each Battle Phase will apply again.

Q: Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon was Tribute Summoned by Tributing an Ancient Gear Gadget, so the effects allowing Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon to inflict piercing battle damage and to attack twice during each Battle Phase are applied. If that Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon is banished temporarily by the effect of Interdimensional Matter Transporter, what happens to its effects?
A: If an Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon that was Tribute Summoned by Tributing Ancient Gear Gadget is banished by the effect of Interdimensional Matter Transporter, its effects allowing it to inflict piercing battle damage and to attack twice during each Battle Phase are no longer applied when it returns to the field.

Q: During my opponent’s turn, I Special Summon an Ancient Gear Wyvern and activate its effect. During this turn, can my opponent activate The Shallow Grave?
A: The effect of Ancient Gear Wyvern prevents you from Setting cards for the rest of the turn. The effect of The Shallow Grave allows both players to Special Summon a monster from their Graveyard in face-down Defense Position, which is considered Setting monsters. In this scenario, your opponent cannot activate The Shallow Grave.

Q: During my opponent’s turn, I Special Summon an Ancient Gear Wyvern and activate its effect. During this turn, if my opponent flips a Morphing Jar #2 face-up, will its effect activate?
A: The effect of Ancient Gear Wyvern prevents you from Setting cards for the rest of the turn. The effect of Morphing Jar #2 is a mandatory effect that activates if it is flipped face-up, so its effect will activate even in this scenario. Note that the effect of Morphing Jar #2 Special Summons monsters in face-down Defense Position, which is considered Setting monsters. Thus, if the player who activated the effect of Ancient Gear Wyvern excavates any Level 4 or lower monsters by this effect, they cannot be Special Summoned and are sent to the Graveyard along with their other cards. (The opponent is able to apply the effect of Morphing Jar #2 normally.)

Q: I Normal or Special Summon an Ancient Gear Wyvern and activate its effect. During this turn, can I activate Book of Eclipse?
A: The effect of Ancient Gear Wyvern prevents you from Setting cards for the rest of the turn. The effect of Book of Eclipse changes all face-up monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position, which is considered Setting monsters, so the player who activated the effect of Ancient Gear Wyvern cannot activate Book of Eclipse. (As an example, even if your Ancient Gear Wyvern is destroyed and you no longer control any monsters, but your opponent controls face-up monsters, you still cannot activate Book of Eclipse.)

Q: I Normal or Special Summon an Ancient Gear Wyvern and activate its effect. During this turn, can my opponent activate Book of Eclipse?
A: The effect of Ancient Gear Wyvern prevents you from Setting cards for the rest of the turn. The effect of Book of Eclipse changes all face-up monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position, which is considered Setting monsters, but in this scenario it is not the player who activated the effect of Ancient Gear Wyvern that is Setting any cards, so your opponent can activate Book of Eclipse. (All face-up monsters on the field, including Ancient Gear Wyvern, are changed to face-down Defense Position.)

Q: Ancient Gear Fortress is face-up on my field, and my opponent Special Summoned an Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon with the effect of Call of the Haunted this turn. If I activate Enemy Controller and take control of that Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon, will the effect of Ancient Gear Fortress prevent my opponent from targeting or destroying it with card effects?
A: The effect of Ancient Gear Fortress is applied to any “Ancient Gear” monster present on your field during the turn it was Normal or Special Summoned. In this scenario, although Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon was Special Summoned by the effect of your opponent’s Call of the Haunted, it is still an “Ancient Gear” monster that was Special Summoned this turn, so the effect of Ancient Gear Fortress will be applied to it while you control it due to the effect of Enemy Controller.

Q: 2 copies of Ancient Gear Fortress are currently Set in my Spell & Trap Zone. If my opponent activates Harpie’s Feather Duster, and destroys both copies, can I activate the effect of each that Special Summons an “Ancient Gear” monster from my hand or Graveyard?
A: As in this scenario, when 2 copies of Ancient Gear Fortress in your Spell & Trap Zone are destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by the effect of Harpie’s Feather Duster, the effect of each one can be activated. (In that case, their effects form a Chain.)

Q: My Ancient Gear Engineer attacks an opponent’s face-down Defense Position monster. The attacked monster is Shaddoll Squamata, and after it is flipped face-up, its effect destroys my attacking Ancient Gear Engineer. In this case, will the effect of Ancient Gear Engineer that destroys a Spell/Trap Card at the end of the Damage Step activate?
A: The effect of Ancient Gear Engineer activates at the end of the Damage Step when it attacks. However, in this scenario, the effect of Shaddoll Squamata activates after damage calculation and destroys Ancient Gear Engineer. In this case, the effect of Ancient Gear Engineer does not activate.

Q: Mask of Restrict is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, if there are 2 Counters on my Ancient Gear Castle, can I use its effect to Tribute Summon an Ancient Gear Golem?
A: In this scenario, since the effect of Mask of Restrict is applying, neither player can Tribute any cards. The effect of Ancient Gear Castle allows you to Tribute Summon an “Ancient Gear” monster by Tributing that Ancient Gear Castle instead of monsters, but since you cannot Tribute it, you cannot perform the Tribute Summon.

Q: Skill Drain is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, if I Tribute Summon an Angel O7, will it gain its effect?
A: Even in this scenario, since Angel O7 was Tribute Summoned, it gains its effect that prevents monster effects from activating. This effect will be negated while the effect of Skill Drain is applying, but once the effect of Skill Drain is no longer applying, the effect of Angel O7 starts to apply.

Q: Vylon Soldier is equipped with Vylon Material and Vylon Component. When I declare an attack with Vylon Soldier, I activate its effect targeting 2 monsters on my opponent’s field. At this time, if my opponent chains Mystical Space Typhoon and destroys Vylon Material, how does the effect of Vylon Soldier resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of Vylon Soldier, even if one of its Equip Cards was destroyed, the targeted monsters’ battle positions are changed normally. (In this scenario, since the effect was activated by targeting 2 monsters, the battle positions of both monsters are changed.)

Q: My opponent’s Raidraptor – Blaze Falcon declares an attack. During the Battle Step, I activate Pendulum Reborn and Special Summon a Performapal Chain Giraffe. If I activate the effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe and target the opponent’s Raidraptor – Blaze Falcon, what happens to its attack?
A: In this scenario, if Performapal Chain Giraffe is Special Summoned during the Battle Step after an attack is declared, and its effect is applied, the opponent’s Raidraptor – Blaze Falcon will be unable to attack so the attack stops. (In this case, a replay does not occur.)

Q: I Special Summon a Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju from my hand to my opponent’s field by Tributing 1 monster my opponent controls. In this situation, if I Fusion Summon a Starve Venom Fusion Dragon, can I choose my own Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju when resolving the effect of Starve Venom Fusion Dragon that increases its ATK?
A: In this scenario, since your Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju is a Special Summoned monster on your opponent’s field, you can choose it when resolving the effect of Starve Venom Fusion Dragon. (Starve Venom Fusion Dragon gains 2200 ATK, so its ATK becomes 5000.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down