Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

An Idea That Will Bug You

5 posters

Go down

An Idea That Will Bug You Empty An Idea That Will Bug You

Post by Kanato Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The idea behind this deck is to get a lot of different combos based on the cards used. E.g. banishing Resonance Insect from your grave to special summon Aztekipede, and then sending a Myrmeleo from the deck to the grave because of Resonance Insect's effect. Then sending a face-up spell/trap to use Beetrons effect in order to special summon myrmeleo, then getting myrmeleos effect off. ETC.
Kanato
Kanato
Palmtop Tiger

Magician Credits : 64

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

An Idea That Will Bug You Empty Re: An Idea That Will Bug You

Post by α27theDemonKnight Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:32 pm

Is that... an INSECT deck?!! Very Happy
Goddamit Kanato I loves ye for this lel.

Now let's see. Didja forgets the Traptrix XYZ?
Perhaps you can cut the Fiendish and add in more Trap Holes for that purpose. Can help to slightly thin the decl this way, right?

Also. No Gold Sarc for ez Resonance Insect use maybe?
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:18 pm

I don't get it...probably because I have no idea what the cards are.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanato Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Sorry about that Sketch
These are the cards in order:
Doom Dozen x3
Aztekipede, The Word Warrior x3
Traptrix Myrmeleo x2
Beetron x3
Resonance Insect x3
Summoner Monk x2
Mathematician x1
Infernity Beetle x2

Allure of Darkness x1
Raigeki x1
Soulcharge x1
Upstart Goblin x1
Twin Twister x2
Return from a different dimension x1
Supply Squad x3
Verdant Sanctuary x3

Void Trap Hole x1
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Fiendish Chain x2
Call of the Haunted x3

Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree x2
Blackwing, Nothung the Starlight x1
Underground Arachnid x3
Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon x2
Number 103: Ragnazero x1
Photon Papilloperative x1
Number 101: Silent Honor ARK x2
Giant Hand x1
Heartland Draco x1
Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
Kanato
Kanato
Palmtop Tiger

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:51 pm

So...its a weird Insect-mill deck?
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanato Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:25 pm

No it has no correlation to milling except the fact that they are just there on Doom Dozer and Aztekipede for no reason to do with my deck at all.

α27theDemonKnight wrote:Now let's see. Didja forgets the Traptrix XYZ?
Perhaps you can cut the Fiendish and add in more Trap Holes for that purpose. Can help to slightly thin the decl this way, right?

The deck doesn't resolve around the trap hole traps.
Myrmeleo also isn't in the deck just for the searching effect, he is also there for spell clearance. Also cutting a fiendish chain likely won't go too well due to it also being a target for Beetron, and in general it is a good card.
Kanato
Kanato
Palmtop Tiger

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:25 pm

you could try techin in some plant types along with Naturia Sacred Tree. It helped me alot to get stuff like Dionae or myrmeleo etc etc.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Magician Credits : 7307

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by jackachu100 Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:26 pm

I've actually played a deck that's pretty much this before so here's some things I suggest.

Like Zaio suggested run Naturia Sacred Tree. It's another target for Beetron and allows you to run Traptrix Dionaea. You can also search Naturia Butterfly when you use it with Beetron which gives access to Black Rose Dragon (or Moonlight Rose Dragon). Naturia Butterfly is also not a terrible card on its own if you draw it/can't synchro with it as it can stall out a single attack each turn and gives you a mill with that.

Instead of Infernity Beetle it's better to use level 1 EARTH tuners as Naturia Beast is a significantly better payoff than Underground Arachnid. One you should 100% use is Glow-Up Bulb as its summonable off Naturia Sacred Tree, its reusable and gives you a mill when you summon it back. Another great option is Re-Cover as you can special it straight from the deck with Emergency Teleport and (while not as easily doable as Glow-Up Bulb) it also has a recursion effect. You can also run One for One which lets you summon either from the deck while putting something in the graveyard.

Some other cards I think are interesting to run: 1 copy of Armored Bee, it's searchable with Verdant Sanctuary and can help to get over big monsters in a pinch and Maxx "C" is also a good option as it gives you an insect in grave (which you can even do on your turn to start a play rolling and increases your chance of getting first turn Naturia Beast).

Here's a version of the deck I made quickly: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoiler:

I cut Aztekipede, the Worm Warrior, Verdant Sanctuary, Doom Dozer and Beetron down to 2 to free up some space. I picked these cards as they don't really do anything unless you have something to pair with them (graveyard with the first two, the insects to use with the second one and the continuous card with Beetron), if you wanted to bump any of them back up to 3 I'd go in the order I put them originally as importance.

I upped Traptrix Myrmelo to 3 as she is the best card in this deck and now Traptrix Dionaea is in the deck she is infinitely better. I'm also running more Trap Holes, this helps control better and gives you more options with Traptix Myrmelo.

With my extra: I'm running XX-Saber Gottoms as I think its the best level 9 you can summon with Doom Dozer and a level 1 tuner. This is because it already has the 3100 attack that Giganticastle will get most of the time and then it has a secondary effect; I'm running Coral Dragon just incase I want to synchro with one of my existing level 5 synchros, it allows you to blow something up by discarding making it have a use to be synchrod into from 5 (its also a tuner so you can use it to summon XX-Saber Gottoms if you want to); Catastor is the card I'd change first in the extra deck, I thought I'd just put it there for more level 5 options, there's a bunch of other stuff you can run instead (a different level 5/another Xyz/Trishula); I'm running number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy (wtf is that name) incase I need to go for a rank 8 (you have more of a chance after siding with Gamecial, the Sea Turtle Kaiju also being an 8 ) and Number S39: Utopia the Lightning and Traptrix Rafflesia are a must and were notably absent from your extra deck.

With my side: I'm running the standard Kaiju stuff, my secondary Kaiju in this case is kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju, due to it being an insect. I was debating running Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju instead as it's level 8 (access to XX-Saber Gottoms, searchable with Verdant Sanctuary), but Kumongous has 2400 attack so you can run it over with a few of the things in the extra deck that the 2700 of Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju wouldn't allow, honestly Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju could be a better choice and the card you won't know is Scary Moth, it's a level 6 insect that reads "Each player can only Special Summon a monster(s) once per turn", this might turn out to be a dud card, but I thought it was worth putting it in, you can bring it back from the grave with Call of the Haunted and its also a searchable with Resonance Insect (also gives you another way to summon Black Rose Dragon if you really need to).

With your deck: 100% run 3 Myrmelo and more Trap Holes; like I said I'd change the Infernity Beetles; the Summoner Monks aren't really going to do anything other than giving you a slightly easier chance to go into a rank 4, but this deck can't "wombo combo" hard enough to support that being viable, instead you should swap it for more controlly traps; Supply Squad isn't worth it; obviously without the Infernity Beetles the Allure of Darkness can go; Please don't run Upstart Goblin as a 1 of, it has such a small chance of helping you running a card like Vanity's Emptiness instead of it would win you so many more games and honestly you need to sort your extra out, the only things worth keeping (although I haven't for all of them in my deck as you would've seen) are 1 Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, Number 106: Giant Hand, Number 82: Heartland Draco and Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer (Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree is a good card, but you can't really summon it without Infernity Beetle).
jackachu100
jackachu100

Magician Credits : 8233

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down