Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] Invasion of Venom Rulings

Go down

[OCG] Invasion of Venom Rulings Empty [OCG] Invasion of Venom Rulings

Post by Stardog Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:56 pm

Invasion of rulings.

tl;dr version: Warning wrecks Treatoad, Graydle Combat does funny things to Equip and Continuous Spell/Traps, and Book of Moon solves all problems.

The rulings are sorted by card following the set order.

Invasion of Venom Rulings

Q: A Clear Wing Synchro Dragon on my opponent’s field that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck is now in face-down Defense Position due to the effect of Swords of Concealing Light. In this situation, can I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Whim Witch?
A: In this scenario, if Clear Wing Synchro Dragon was changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of Swords of Concealing Light, it is no longer treated as a monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Therefore, you cannot activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Whim Witch in this case.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: A Number 24: Dragon Nosferatu Dragulas that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, if I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Whim Witch, but my opponent chains the effect of Number 24: Dragon Nosferatu Dragulas and changes it to face-down Defense Position, what happens?
A: The Pendulum Effect of Performapal Whim Witch can be activated if your opponent controls a monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, while you do not. In this scenario, when resolving the effect, even if the monster on your opponent’s field that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck has been changed to face-down Defense Position, the activated effect of Performapal Whim Witch resolves normally, and it is Special Summoned.

Q: Performapal Thunderhino is Special Summoned by the effect of Performapal Hop Hippo. Afterward, if Performapal Thunderhino is sent to the Graveyard, will its effect that applies in the Graveyard be negated?
A: In this scenario, if a monster Special Summoned by the effect of Performapal Hop Hippo is sent to the Graveyard, its effects are no longer negated. Therefore, the effect of Performapal Thunderhino that applies in the Graveyard is not negated, and can be used normally.

Q: Performapal Trump Witch is Special Summoned by the effect of Performapal Hop Hippo. Afterward, if the effect of Performapal Trump Witch is activated by Tributing it, will the effect be negated?
A: Since a monster Special Summoned by the effect of Performapal Hop Hippo has its effects negated, in this scenario, the effect of Performapal Trump Witch that is activated by Tributing it will also be negated. In this case, although the Tributed Performapal Trump Witch is placed face-up in the Extra Deck, you cannot add a Polymerization from your Deck to your hand.

Q: Performapal Hip Hippo and Performapal Hop Hippo are both on my field in face-up Attack Position. In this situation, if I activate the effect of Performapal Hop Hippo that changes all monsters on my field to Defense Position, does Performapal Hop Hippo itself also change to Defense Position?
A: When resolving the effect of Performapal Hop Hippo, all monsters present on your field that are in Attack Position are changed to Defense Position. In this scenario, since Performapal Hop Hippo is in face-up Attack Position, its battle position will also change. (Note that if the effect of Performapal Hop Hippo changes 2 or more monsters to Defense Position, the battle positions of these monsters are considered to be changed at the same time.)

Q: I activate the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Seal Eel, targeting a Performage Hat Tricker on my opponent’s field. If my opponent chains Book of Moon, and changes Performage Hat Tricker to face-down Defense Position, will the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Seal Eel be applied?
A: When resolving the Pendulum Effect of Performapal Seal Eel, if the targeted monster has been changed to face-down Defense Position, its effects are not negated.

Q: I activated the monster effect of Performapal Seal Eel this turn, targeting a Set card in my opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone. Afterward, if I activate Harpie’s Feather Duster, and the targeted card that is destroyed is Magician’s Protection, can the effect of Magician’s Protection that Special Summons a Spellcaster-Type monster from the Graveyard be activated?
A: The Set Spell/Trap Card targeted with the effect of Performapal Seal Eel cannot be activated that turn. However, in this scenario, the effect of a Magician’s Protection that was targeted by the effect of Performapal Seal Eel can be activated normally when it is sent to the Graveyard.

Q: I activated the monster effect of Performapal Seal Eel this turn, targeting a Set card in my opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone. Afterward, if Skill Drain is activated and the effects of Performapal Seal Eel are negated, can that Set card be activated this turn?
A: In this scenario, if Skill Drain is activated during the turn the effect of Performapal Seal Eel was activated, so that the effects of Performapal Seal Eel are negated, the effect that was already resolved will continue to apply. Therefore, in this scenario, the targeted Set card still cannot be activated.

Q: My opponent Special Summoned Performapal Seal Eel this turn and activated its effect, targeting my Set Bottomless Trap Hole. During this turn, if my opponent Tributes Performapal Seal Eel for a Tribute Summon, what happens to its effect?
A: In this scenario, even if Performapal Seal Eel leaves the field, its effect continues to apply. Therefore, in this scenario, even if the monster that is Tribute Summoned by Tributing Performapal Seal Eel has 1500 or more ATK, your Set Bottomless Trap Hole cannot be activated.

Q: Performapal Seal Eel and Performapal Chain Giraffe are both Pendulum Summoned at the same time. In this case, can the monster effects of Performapal Seal Eel and Performapal Chain Giraffe each be activated?
A: In this scenario, if Performapal Seal Eel and Performapal Chain Giraffe are both Pendulum Summoned at the same time, you can activate their respective effects. In that case, you can form the Chain in any order, but if you activate the effect of Performapal Seal Eel as Chain Link 1, you will not be able to activate any cards or effects in response and so will not be able to activate the effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe. If the effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe is Chain Link 1, you can then activate the effect of Performapal Seal Eel as Chain Link 2.

Q: Can the monster effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe be activated by targeting a face-up Blue-Eyes White Dragon on my opponent’s field?
A: You can activate the monster effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe by targeting a Normal Monster, such as Blue-Eyes White Dragon, that is face-up on your opponent’s field. Since Normal Monsters do not have effects, the effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe will not negate its effects, but will still prevent it from attacking.

Q: I activate the monster effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe, targeting a face-up Cardian – Botan ni Cho on my opponent’s field. Afterward, if Skill Drain is activated and the effects of Performapal Chain Giraffe are negated, what happens to the applied effect?
A: The effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe is one that continues to target after it resolves, but is a Trigger Effect activated when it is Normal or Special Summoned. After the effect resolves, if Skill Drain is activated so that the effects of Performapal Chain Giraffe are negated, that effect continues applying. (In this scenario, the targeted Cardian – Botan ni Cho still cannot attack, also its effects are negated.)

Q: I activate the monster effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe, targeting a face-up Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes on my opponent’s field. Afterward, if Mind Control is activated and Performapal Chain Giraffe changes control to my opponent’s field, what happens to the applied effect?
A: The effect of Performapal Chain Giraffe is activated by targeting 1 face-up monster on the opponent’s field, and then continues to target it after the effect resolves. After the effect resolves, if Performapal Chain Giraffe changes control to your opponent’s field (the controller of the targeted Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes) by the effect of Mind Control, the effect continues to apply normally. Therefore, the effects of Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes are still negated, and it still cannot attack.

Q: Can the first effect of Predator Plant Fly Trap be activated by targeting a Level 1 monster, or an Xyz Monster?
A: The first effect of Predator Plant Fly Trap can be activated by targeting a Level 1 monster or an Xyz Monster. In that case, a Predator Counter is placed on the target normally, but since it is not a Level 2 or higher monster, the part of the effect that makes its Level become 1 is not applied.

Q: Can the first effect of Predator Plant Fly Trap be activated by targeting a monster that already has a Predator Counter on it?
A: The first effect of Predator Plant Fly Trap can be activated by targeting a monster that already has a Predator Counter on it. In that case, a Predator Counter is placed on the target normally, and if its Level is 2 or more, the part of the effect that makes its Level become 1 is applied.

Q: My Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon has a Predator Counter on it due to the effect of my opponent’s Predator Plant Fly Hell. In this situation, if I activate Counter Cleaner and remove the Predator Counter, what happens to the Level of Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon?
A: After a Predator Counter is placed on a monster, the part of the effect that makes that monster’s Level become 1 is applied as long as the Predator Counter remains on it. Therefore, if Counter Cleaner is activated, the Level of the monster that had the Predator Counter removed returns to its original state. (In this case, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon returns to Level 7.)

Q: A monster with Predator Counters placed on it by the effect of Predator Plant Fly Trap or Predator Plant Squid Drosera is face-up on my field. Can I activate the effect of Star Changer that increases a monster’s Level by 1 by targeting that monster?
A: Yes, you can. In that case, after the monster’s Level is increased by 1, its Level becomes 2. (The Predator Counter will remain on that monster.)

Q: Can Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes be equipped with 2 or more monsters by its own effect?
A: If a Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes equipped with a monster by its own effect destroys another opponent’s monster by battle, you can activate the effect that equips the destroyed monster to it once again.

Q: The Phantom Knights of Tomb Shield that was Special Summoned by its own effect is destroyed by battle with a Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes. In this case, can the effect of Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes that equips the destroyed monster to it be activated?
A: If Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes destroys The Phantom Knights of Tomb Shield by battle, since The Phantom Knights of Tomb Shield is not treated as a monster when it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, the effect of Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes cannot be activated.

Q: A D/D Savant Kepler is destroyed by battle with a Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes. In this case, can the effect of Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes that equips the destroyed monster to it be activated?
A: In this scenario, a D/D Savant Kepler that is destroyed by battle with Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes is placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard, but even in this case the effect of Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes can be activated. (The destroyed D/D Savant Kepler is equipped to Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes normally.)

Q: A Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing that was Special Summoned by its own effect is destroyed by battle with a Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes. In this case, can the effect of Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes that equips the destroyed monster to it be activated?
A: In this scenario, a Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing that was Special Summoned by its own effect and is destroyed by battle with Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard, but even in this case the effect of Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes can be activated. (The destroyed Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing is equipped to Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes normally.)

Q: Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes is equipped with a Performapal Life Swordsman by its second effect. In this situation, can the third effect of Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes be activated by targeting the equipped Performapal Life Swordsman?
A: If Predator Plant Moray Nepenthes is equipped with a monster by its own effect, even if that monster has 0 ATK such as Performapal Life Swordsman, you can also activate the effect that destroys an equipped monster and increases your Life Points by its ATK. In this case, the equipped monster is destroyed normally, but you gain no Life Points.

Q: The first effect of Predator Plant Squid Drosera is activated and applied to my Starve Venom Fusion Dragon, so that it can attack all monsters on my opponent’s field with Predator Counters on them once each this turn. In this situation, if there is an XYZ-Dragon Cannon on my opponent’s field with a Predator Counter on it, and a VW-Tiger Catapult without Predator Counters on it, can Starve Venom Fusion Dragon attack both monsters?
A: If a monster that the effect of Predator Plant Squid Drosera has applied to first attacks a monster without a Predator Counters on it, it will not be able to attack any monsters that do have Predator Counters on them. Conversely, if that monster first attacks a monster with a Predator Counter on it, it will not be able to attack any monsters without Predator Counters on them. Therefore, in this scenario, Starve Venom Fusion Dragon cannot attack both XYZ-Dragon Cannon and VW-Tiger Catapult.

Q: If a face-down Defense Position Predator Plant Squid Drosera is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, will its effect that places a Predator Counter on each of my opponent’s Special Summoned monsters activate?
A: In this scenario, if a face-down Defense Position Predator Plant Squid Drosera is attacked, it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard after being flipped face-up, so it is considered to leave the field while face-up. Therefore, the effect of Predator Plant Squid Drosera will activate.

Q: A Superheavy Samurai Scales and a Superheavy Samurai Swordsman on my field are both equipped with a Superheavy Samurai Soularbitrator. In this situation, can my opponent’s monsters attack?
A: In this scenario, if there are 2 monsters equipped with Superheavy Samurai Soularbitrator on your field, the effect of each copy will be applied, preventing your opponent’s monsters from attacking other monsters aside from the equipped monster, so neither Superheavy Samurai Scales nor Superheavy Samurai Swordsman can be attacked. Note that monsters such as Performapal Swincobra can still attack directly with their own effects.

Q: Cipher Twin Raptor and a Photon Token that was Special Summoned by the effect of Photon Sanctuary are both face-up on my field. In this situation, if Cipher Twin Raptor is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, and I activate the effect of a Cipher Mirror Knight by discarding it from my hand, can I choose the Photon Token when resolving the part of the effect that sends 1 card from my hand or field to the Graveyard?
A: When resolving the effect of Cipher Mirror Knight, you can choose a Photon Token as the card to send from your hand or field to the Graveyard. In this scenario, the chosen Photon Token disappears when it leaves the field and is not sent to the Graveyard, so the part of the effect that Special Summons the destroyed monster does not apply.

Q: Cipher Wing is face-up in my Monster Zone, and Performapal Cheermole is in my Pendulum Zone. In this situation, if Cipher Wing is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, and I activate the effect of a Cipher Mirror Knight by discarding it from my hand, can I choose Performapal Cheermole when resolving the part of the effect that sends 1 card from my hand or field to the Graveyard?
A: When resolving the effect of Cipher Mirror Knight, you can choose a Pendulum Monster on the field as the card to send from your hand or field to the Graveyard. In this scenario, the chosen Performapal Cheermole is placed face-up in the Extra Deck and is not sent to the Graveyard, so the part of the effect that Special Summons the destroyed monster does not apply.

Q: Can I Special Summon a Photon Thrasher from my hand with the effect of Crystron Quon?
A: Photon Thrasher is a Special Summon-only monster that must first be Special Summoned by its own procedure. Therefore, you cannot Special Summon Photon Thrasher with the effect of Crystron Quon. (If you do not have a non-Tuner monster other than Photon Thrasher in your hand to Special Summon, you cannot activate the effect of Crystron Quon.)

Q: I activate the effect of Crystron Quon, and Special Summon a Beta the Electromagnet Warrior from my hand, then Synchro Summon a Crystron Quandum. Afterward, can I activate the effect of Beta the Electromagnet Warrior that adds a Level 4 or lower “Magnet Warrior” monster from my Deck to my hand?
A: The effect of Crystron Quon Special Summons a non-Tuner monster from your hand with its effects negated, and then immediately afterward performs a Synchro Summon using the Special Summoned monster. In this scenario, after Crystron Quandum is Synchro Summoned, the effect of Beta the Electromagnet Warrior can be activated, but it will be negated, so you cannot add a Level 4 or lower “Magnet Warrior” monster from your Deck to your hand.

Q: While the effect of Grisaille Prison is applying, can I activate the effect of Crystron Quon?
A: While the effect of Grisaille Prison is applying, the effect of Crystron Quon cannot be activated. Note that if Grisaille Prison is chained to the effect of Crystron Quon, the part of the effect that Special Summons a non-Tuner monster from your hand with its effects negated is applied normally, but afterward you cannot perform a Synchro Summon using the Special Summoned monster.

Q: While the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, can I activate the effect of Crystron Citri?
A: Even while the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, you can activate the effect of Crystron Citri. The effect will Special Summon the targeted monster with its effects negated, and then perform a Synchro Summon of a Machine-Type monster using Crystron Citri and that monster as Synchro Materials. However, since the effect of Imperial Iron Wall is applying, the Synchro Material monsters are sent to the Graveyard instead of being banished.

Q: Can I Special Summon a Helpoemer from my Graveyard with the effect of Crystron Citri?
A: Helpoemer is a monster that cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard, so it cannot be targeted with the effect of Crystron Citri.

Q: I activate the effect of Crystron Citri, and Special Summon a Resonance Insect from my Graveyard, then Synchro Summon a Crystron Ametrix. Afterward, can I activate the effect of Resonance Insect that sends an Insect-Type monster from my Deck to the Graveyard?
A: The effect of Crystron Citri Special Summons the targeted non-Tuner monster from your Graveyard with its effects negated, and then immediately afterward performs a Synchro Summon using the Special Summoned monster. In this scenario, after Crystron Ametrix is Special Summoned, its effect that changes all Special Summoned monsters on your opponent’s field to Defense Position and the effect of Resonance Insect can both be activated in a Chain, in any order. The banished Resonance Insect will no longer have its effects negated by Crystron Citri, so you can send an Insect-Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard normally.

Q: While I have 5 monsters on my field and no available Monster Zones, can I activate the first effect of Crystron Prasirator, Crystron Smoger, Crystron Thystvern, or Crystron Rosenix?
A: You can activate the effect of a monster such as Crystron Prasirator even if you already have 5 monsters on your field, but in that case you must target a face-up monster in your Monster Zone. (In this case, the effect of Crystron Prasirator, etc. cannot be activated targeting a face-up card in your Spell & Trap Zones, Field Zone, or Pendulum Zones.)

Q: The first effect of Crystron Prasirator, Crystron Smoger, Crystron Thystvern, or Crystron Rosenix is activated, targeting a Guiding Ariadne in my Pendulum Zone. If my opponent chains Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, and returns Guiding Ariadne to my Deck, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of a monster such as Crystron Prasirator, if the targeted monster has left the field, since you cannot destroy it, you also cannot Special Summon a “Crystron” Tuner monster from your Deck. Note that the part of the effect that prevents you from Special Summoning from the Extra Deck, except Machine-Type Synchro Monsters, is still applied normally.

Q: The first effect of Crystron Prasirator, Crystron Smoger, Crystron Thystvern, or Crystron Rosenix is activated, targeting a face-up Raremetalfoes Bismagia on my field. If my opponent chains Book of Moon, and changes Raremetalfoes Bismagia to face-down Defense Position, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of a monster such as Crystron Prasirator, even if the targeted face-up card has been changed to face-down Defense Position, it is still destroyed. Furthermore, the part of the effect that Special Summons a “Crystron” Tuner monster is applied normally, and you also cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn, except Machine-Type Synchro Monsters.

Q: The first effect of Crystron Prasirator, Crystron Smoger, Crystron Thystvern, or Crystron Rosenix is activated, targeting a face-up The Fabled Kudabbi on my field. If I have no cards in my hand, so that The Fabled Kudabbi cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, how does the effect resolve?
A: When resolving the effect of a monster such as Crystron Prasirator, if the targeted card cannot be destroyed, you also cannot Special Summon a “Crystron” Tuner monster from your Deck. Note that the part of the effect that prevents you from Special Summoning from the Extra Deck, except Machine-Type Synchro Monsters, is still applied normally.

Q: If I already Special Summoned a monster from my Extra Deck other than a Machine-Type Synchro Monster, can I activate the first effect of Crystron Prasirator, Crystron Smoger, Crystron Thystvern, or Crystron Rosenix?
A: Yes, you can. After the effect of Crystron Prasirator, etc. is activated, until the end of this turn, you cannot Special Summon any monsters from your Extra Deck, except Machine-Type Synchro Monsters.

Q: Necrovalley is face-up in my opponent’s Field Zone. In this situation, can I activate the effect of a Bahrstos Fuhrer, the True Dracoruler in my hand that Special Summons it?
A: Even while the effects of your opponent’s Necrovalley are applying, you can activate the first effect of Bahrstos Fuhrer, the True Dracoruler in your hand. (The effect of Bahrstos Fuhrer, the True Dracoruler will never be negated by Necrovalley.) Note that if you destroyed 2 WATER monsters with this effect, if you choose to apply the additional effect that banishes up to 2 of your opponent’s Spell/Trap Cards, you cannot banish any Spell/Trap Cards from your opponent’s Graveyard. You must banish up to 2 Spell/Trap Cards on your opponent’s field instead.

Q: Thunder King Rai-Oh is face-up on my opponent’s field. In this situation, if a Raremetalfoes Bismagia on my field is destroyed by battle or card effect, can I activate its monster effect?
A: In this scenario, if Raremetalfoes Bismagia is destroyed by battle or card effect while the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is applying, the effect of Raremetalfoes Bismagia can be activated. When applying the effect during the End Phase of that turn, if the effect of Thunder King Rai-Oh is still applying, you cannot add a “Metalfoes” monster from your Deck to your hand.

Q: If there are no Gemini monsters in my Graveyard, can I activate the effect of Chembination Beast Hydron Hawk by discarding a Gemini monster such as Chembination Beast Carbon Crab?
A: If there are no Gemini monsters in your Graveyard, since there are no monsters to target with the effect of Chembination Beast Hydron Hawk, the effect cannot be activated. Note that if you already have a Gemini monster in your Graveyard, if you activate the effect of Chembination Beast Hydron Hawk by discarding a Gemini monster such as Chembination Beast Carbon Crab, you can also target that Gemini monster that was discarded as the cost.

Q: While the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying, if the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab is activated, how does it resolve?
A: In this scenario, when resolving the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab, the Gemini monster that you select to send to the Graveyard is banished instead. In that case, the part of the effect that adds a Gemini monster from your Deck to your hand does not apply, and the effect finishes resolving. (If Macro Cosmos is chained to the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab, the result is the same.)

Q: While the effect of Mistake is applying, can the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab be activated? Also, if the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab is activated, but Mistake is chained to it, how does the effect resolve?
A: While the effect of Mistake is applying, the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab cannot be activated. If Mistake is chained to the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab, the part of the effect that sends a Gemini monster from your Deck to the Graveyard is applied normally, but you cannot add another Gemini monster from your Deck to your hand. (In this case, after sending the Gemini monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, the effect finishes resolving.)

Q: If I only have 1 Gemini monster in my Deck, can I activate the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab?
A: If you cannot apply both parts of the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab, you cannot activate it. Therefore, if you only have 1 Gemini monster in your Deck, you cannot activate the effect of Chembination Beast Carbon Crab.

Q: Can a Gemini Soldier in my hand be Special Summoned by the effect of Chembination Beast Oxyn Ox?
A: The effect of Chembination Beast Oxyn Ox is able to Special Summon a Gemini monster such as Gemini Soldier that has the same Level as Chembination Beast Oxyn Ox. In this case, any Gemini monsters on your field with different Levels become Level 2 until the end of this turn.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down