Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[Question] Method for counter-picking in future Pokemon Tournaments

2 posters

Go down

[Question] Method for counter-picking in future Pokemon Tournaments Empty [Question] Method for counter-picking in future Pokemon Tournaments

Post by Flint Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:05 am

Before the Monotype tournament, how counter-picking took place was to have 1 team locked team and replace up to 2 Pokemons. And the team must have remained at minimum 4 of its original team composition. When the Monotype tournament happened, we had resorted to team locking into 2 teams and can switch between the 2 teams as a counter-pick after each match.

My question for anyone who plays the Pokemon tournament, what method of counter-picking would you prefer to see used? This excludes future VGC tournaments since it involves a different ruleset.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

[Question] Method for counter-picking in future Pokemon Tournaments Empty Re: [Question] Method for counter-picking in future Pokemon Tournaments

Post by α27theDemonKnight Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:50 am

Yknow me. If it were  upto me. There would be no counterpicking at all for pokemon tournaments. Lel.
I expect everyone to pick a toolbox team and stick with it through the entire tourney.
Because making a team to face all situations and sticking with that same team throgh everything is the traditional judge of skill in itself.

Well if y'all still insist in counterpicking. Le sigh.
I'd like it if  the substitutes are picked and submitted beforehand to the tourney organizer when handing in the team.
Otherwise everyone picks their bench pokes after seeing what beats the crap out of the competition. And that just don't feel fair to me.
Once again. Toolboxing is a skill.
I wouldn't mind the subbing method at all otherwise.

I really like and approve of the counterpicking style for Monotype and would like it if you would stick with that.
It helped to make the tier balanced and fair entirely which I appreciate a whole lot.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

[Question] Method for counter-picking in future Pokemon Tournaments Empty Re: [Question] Method for counter-picking in future Pokemon Tournaments

Post by Flint Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:04 pm

After much thought and discussion with Stardog, we're planning on continuing how we did counter-picking in Monotype.

The sign-up page for CAP Tournament will be up shortly.
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down