Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

MADA's Current Status as of February 2016

+2
α27theDemonKnight
Stardog
6 posters

Go down

MADA's Current Status as of February 2016 Empty MADA's Current Status as of February 2016

Post by Stardog Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:38 pm

I have been sick the past week but I am back to of health again.

Problems:

1. Activity: Last month I was only in the belief that the chat had inconsistency to it but now I'm convinced that we do have somewhat of an activity issue. I say "somewhat" because I don't believe that the inactivity we have is large, although enough to mention it as a potential issue.
2. Magic Royale Tournament: This tournament has hit a stump and it's time that conclude the remainder of this tournament.
3. Moderators and Teachers: I blame myself for this. Moderators and Teachers have very little to do on here. As such, we'll have our moderators and teachers have more tasks to do.
4. War Commander: We need a new war commander along with updating the current war team on MADA.
5. Factions: This idea just died.

Solutions:

1. I think our solution to the first issue is also the most obvious one. Recruiting. It has been a while since we've actually cared to recruit, although I'm convinced that it will help this issue almost entirely.

2. Concluding the rest of the tournament.
-JC to duel Jackachu
-Myself to duel Torm
-RogueShadow to duel Lint
-Akaneia to duel Doc
If the matches are not done by 24 hours, the win goes to the last active user (per match).

3. I'll try to brainstorm a couple of ideas and present those ideas to the Elite 4 to find a task for moderators and teachers to do.

4. I'll make a thread that will serve as a job application. Anyone who is interested in becoming a war commander, they will post in the thread why they wish to war commander and the position(s) will be decided by the Elite 4.

5. After the conclusion of the "Magic Royale Tournament", I'll make an elaborate tournament for factions to partake in.

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

MADA's Current Status as of February 2016 Empty Re: MADA's Current Status as of February 2016

Post by α27theDemonKnight Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:01 pm

:GodotThink:

Numbers 5 and 3 can be resolved by resolving number 1 is what I feel.
As for number 2. Stricter punctuality maybe? As in the tourney goes on in the given times regardless of activity for the tourney and set times for dq. This will ensure that regular scheduled tourneys move on accordingly and won't wait for those who would hold others back.

:GodotSlam:

The sins of our past has come full circle. The no recruitment policy.
I trust our old bloods and regulars.
And we WILL sift and sort through newbloods to find respectable acceptable members. Lik finding hay in a needlestack.
The hammer of justice shall always be omnipotent and so maintaining law and order will become one of the most important jobs for staff again.
With all the chaos the newbloods bring. Sure it'll be stressfull for oldbloods but we can do dis as a team.
Our current priority should be set to fixing issue number 1 now. This will fix everything else is what I feel.

:GodotNo:

Old ideas just don't die. Treat them as the undead. We will revive the ancient relics and make them walk again when the time is right.
Patience even with the passing of the age is key. That and never forgetting the ancient relics which are good ideas which we already have but died. Once again, fix 1 to fix this.

:GodotSwing:

Let's see. As per wars. Do we even war now? This has usually been a flop. Fix issue number 1 again I guess.
That and as Stardoge suggested I think we should have multiple War Commanders now.
All our War Commanders suffered from major ego issues.
Egos, bad vipes nd attitudes? We just have to deal with it and bestow solemn judgement accordingly. What ain't pansies not to hammer to maintain the peace under justice. lel.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

MADA's Current Status as of February 2016 Empty Re: MADA's Current Status as of February 2016

Post by RogueShadow Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:20 pm

I served as the war teams strategist, roughly saying if we want to base the war commander off of skill it should go to JC. He has the skill of a commander and is also knowledgeable with wars. If JC is willing to take the position, he has my recommendation.
RogueShadow
RogueShadow
True Shadow Dragon
True Shadow Dragon

Magician Credits : 1611

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety4421
FameFame50010

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:48 pm

i made the suggestion of monthly challenges a while back, i have everything prepared aside from limited MC to reward people with and permission from administration, i feel like this could help fix the activity issue a bit and i am more then happy to do it, look in Staff discussion for more details quite frankly i want an answer, only one admin has given me a straight answer so far and i posted it quite a while ago
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I believe that you refer to this, yes?
Your funds for this are infinite and shall come straight from us if you require it so.

An indirect pointer by your event plan.
Even if we DO recruit. People are not gonna tsay here if they have no valid reason to.
What people usually expect fro a Duel Academia is to be able to duel with the members often.
And most of us erm well. Tis difficult to duel with us at just anytimes or some don't even duel at all. Lol
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:29 am

α27theDemonKnight wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I believe that you refer to this, yes?
Your funds for this are infinite and shall come straight from us if you require it so.

so i do have the funds for it? awesome, i will start this on the 20th i think so that i have an easy to remember date to give new challenges every month, i already have the first set of challenges ready, so prepare people who are interested in this, it will be fun doing this i think!
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Menial, I'd recommend waiting until the first week of March to start those. Makes it easier for a "Monthly" setup.

===============
On the topic however...all of MADA's issues listed in points 2-5 can be solved, or at least improved, by addressing point 1. Activity has gone down a fair deal, and something we can easily solve. Sure recruiting is one way, the other is to get our current members interested in being here again.

I recently made a topic about what the members want to see MADA do and some of the things I read were "Special Events" and "Role-Plays."

I'd like to attempt to start up a new role-play, possibly the D&D based one I teased about before, as well as try another go at MADA Spirit Week.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc V Yuto Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Branching out to other things is also an option. Stuff like making a academy Youtube or Facebook page. As well as having rewards for recruiting members. Hosting more events like tourneys, RP's would also help out.
Arc V Yuto
Arc V Yuto
The Phantom Duelist

Magician Credits : 665

Character sheet
BountyBounty100--
NotorietyNotoriety12501
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down