Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

[OCG] 10/01/15 Official Rulings

Go down

[OCG] 10/01/15 Official Rulings Empty [OCG] 10/01/15 Official Rulings

Post by Stardog Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:47 pm

A few more Monarch rulings and a handful of others.

10/01/15 Assorted Rulings

Q: If there are 0 cards in my or my opponent’s Extra Deck, will the effect of Zaborg the Mega Monarch activate when it is Tribute Summoned?
A: The effect of Zaborg the Mega Monarch is a mandatory effect that activates if it is Tribute Summoned successfully. Even if either player has 0 cards in their Extra Deck, the effect will target a monster on the field and destroy it. (Then, if the destroyed monster was a LIGHT monster, the rest of the effect is applied normally, and any player with cards in their Extra Deck sends the appropriate amount to the Graveyard.)

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: The effect of Zaborg the Mega Monarch is activated by targeting an Abyss Stungray treated as a monster. In this case, how does the effect of Zaborg the Mega Monarch resolve?
A: In this case, the Abyss Stungray destroyed by the effect of Zaborg the Mega Monarch is considered a Level 5 LIGHT monster. Therefore, the rest of the effect is applied and each player sends 5 cards from their Extra Deck to the Graveyard.

Q: Caius the Mega Monarch is Tribute Summoned, and its effect is activated by targeting Raidraptor – Devil Eagle. If my opponent chains the effect of Raidraptor – Readiness from their Graveyard, how do these effects resolve?
A: In this scenario, the targeted Raidraptor – Devil Eagle is banished by the effect of Caius the Shadow Monarch, but the effect of Raidraptor – Readiness prevents your opponent from taking any damage, so the 1000 damage is not inflicted to your opponent. Therefore, the effect that banishes additional copies of the targeted card from the hand, Main Deck, Extra Deck, and Graveyard is not applied.

Q: The effect of Caius the Mega Monarch is activated by targeting a Zoma the Spirit treated as a monster. In this case, how does the effect of Caius the Mega Monarch resolve?
A: In this scenario, the targeted Zoma the Spirit is banished by the effect of Caius the Shadow Monarch, and your opponent takes 1000 damage. After being banished, Zoma the Spirit is not treated as a DARK monster, so the effect that banishes additional copies of the targeted card from the hand, Main Deck, Extra Deck, and Graveyard is not applied.

Q: A Mobius the Mega Monarch that was Tribute Summoned is changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of my opponent’s Tsukuyomi. During my next turn, when I Flip Summon Mobius the Mega Monarch, my opponent activates Bottomless Trap Hole. In this case, can I chain Overwhelm?
A: In this scenario, since you control a Level 7 or higher Tribute Summoned monster, you can chain Overwhelm to your opponent’s Bottomless Trap Hole.

Q: Card of Safe Return is face-up in my Spell & Trap Zone. When my opponent declares a direct attack with their monster, if I activate the effect of The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil in my Graveyard and Special Summon it as a Normal Monster, will I be able to draw 1 card with the effect of Card of Safe Return?
A: The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil is a Trap Card in your Graveyard, and the effect of Card of Safe Return can only be activated if a monster in your Graveyard is Special Summoned. Even if The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil is Special Summoned as a Normal Monster by its own effect, the effect of Card of Safe Return cannot be activated.

Q: When my opponent’s El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis attacks me directly, can I activate the effect of The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil from my Graveyard?
A: The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil is a Trap Card in your Graveyard, but even if the effect of El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis is applying, you can activate the effect of The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil. (When the effect resolves, The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil is Special Summoned as a Normal Monster as usual.)

Q: While the effect of Royal Prison is applying, and my opponent declares a direct attack with their monster, can I activate the effect of The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil from my Graveyard?
A: The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil is a Trap Card in your Graveyard, but even if the effect of Royal Prison is applying, you can activate the effect of The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil. (When the effect resolves, The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil is Special Summoned as a Normal Monster as usual.)

Q: While the effect of Level Limit – Area B is applying, if Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6 is Tribute Summoned in face-up Attack Position, will it be changed to Defense Position? Also, if Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6 is face-up on the field, and Level Limit – Area B is activated, will Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6 be changed to Defense Position?
A: In both scenarios, since Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6 is unaffected by Spell effects while it is face-up on the field, it is not changed to Defense Position by the effect of Level Limit – Area B.

Q: This turn, I Special Summoned 2 copies of Cloudian – Smoke Ball, and 2 Cloudian Tokens. If I activate Lucky Cloud, how many cards will I draw during the End Phase?
A: The effect of Lucky Cloud allows you to draw 2 cards during the End Phase as long as 2 or more “Cloudian” monsters with the same names were Special Summoned this turn. Even if you Special Summoned 2 copies of 2 different monsters, the number of cards you draw does not increase by the number of different monsters Special Summoned. Therefore, in this scenario, you draw 2 cards by the effect of Lucky Cloud.

Q: If Angel O7 is Tribute Set in face-down Defense Position instead of being Tribute Summoned, and then becomes face-up again, will its effect apply?
A: In this scenario, if Angel O7 is not first Tribute Summoned in face-up Attack Position, even if it is flipped face-up after being Tribute Set, its effect will not begin applying.

Q: I have Thunder Nyan Nyan face-up on my side of the field with an A-Counter on it. In this situation, if I Normal Summon Alien Mars, will Thunder Nyan Nyan be destroyed by its own effect?
A: In this scenario, if Alien Mars is Normal Summoned, its effect that negates the effects of monsters with A-Counters on them begins applying immediately, so the effect of Thunder Nyan Nyan is negated, and it is not destroyed by its own effect.

Q: I activate the effect of Number 25: Force Focus by targeting my opponent’s X-Saber Wayne. If Star Changer is chained, so that the targeted X-Saber Wayne is Level 4 when the effect of Number 25: Force Focus resolves, will the effect be applied?
A: When resolving the effect of Number 25: Force Focus, even if the targeted monster is Level 4 or lower, the effect applies normally and the target’s effects are negated until the end of this turn.

Q: My opponent’s Cursed Fig is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, and its effect is activated by targeting a Set Xing Zhen Hu and Xing Zhen Hu Replica on my side of the field. After that, if I Tribute Summon The End of Anubis, will I be able to activate those targeted Set cards?
A: In this case, if the effect of Cursed Fig was activated and resolved, even if The End of Anubis is then Tribute Summoned, the applied effect of Cursed Fig is not negated. (Therefore, in this scenario, Xing Zhen Hu and Xing Zhen Hu Replica still cannot be activated.)

Q: I activate Searing Fire Wall by banishing 3 “Laval” monsters from my Graveyard. If my opponent chains Ojama Trio, so that I am left with only 2 available Monster Zones, how does the effect of Searing Fire Wall resolve?
A: In this scenario, since Searing Fire Wall was activated by banishing 3 monsters, the effect must Special Summon 3 Laval Tokens. Therefore, in this scenario, since you only have 2 available Monster Zones when Searing Fire Wall resolves, the effect of Searing Fire Wall is unable to Special Summon 3 Laval Tokens and cannot apply. (No Laval Tokens are Special Summoned.)

Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down