Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Real Talk.

5 posters

Go down

Real Talk. Empty Real Talk.

Post by StardoostLegend Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:22 am

Hey guys, right now I've just been thinking about deep and important stuff lately. On deviantart I've almost reached the 100 watchers goal. It's only been 5 months and I've already accumulated 97 watchers. But with school starting and all, I've just been thinking about where I'm gonna take my life. I know have a while until I go off to college and such, but I'm starting to approach that time when I need to start thinking of what I want to do with my life. Ever since I was a little kid, (well, young kid, I'm still little XD) I've always been interested in the sciences. When I was around 2nd-4th grade I was so interested in astronomy and planets and stars which is what drove my passion for science. In 5th grade I learned about the periodic table of elements just for fun. It wasn't until 6th grade I started to get my passion for art. When I started taking after school art lessons before I wasn't really engaged but by middle school, I really started to enjoy art and drawing. When I got a deviantart around march to post my drawings I honestly didn't think I was gonna get this far with all the professional artists out there.

Anyway, the point is, I'm not sure what I really want to pursue in life... My dream of becoming a scientist or engineer has always been here, but I've developed a passion for art as well. My sister is in college to be an art major and my uncle is a famous artist back in the Philippines. I'm just not sure what I want to do the rest of my life. If I where to go into college for engineering I could always have art as a minor, but it would be hard to find an art teacher in a college for science. I know I have a few years before I have to start thinking about this stuff but school and all have really got me thinking. I mean, it is what I will be doing for the rest of my life and to make money. I just want to make the right choice you know? It's just been stuff that's been floating around in my mind when I really think about the big stuff...

Some of you out there are already pursuing your goals and dreams, or still thinking about what your going to do in life. I wanna know what you guys are thinking. Post in the comments below.
StardoostLegend
StardoostLegend
Heraldic King

Magician Credits : 3282

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12101
FameFame000

http://the-heraldic-sword.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Real Talk. Empty Re: Real Talk.

Post by Derpy Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:46 am

Real Talk. Start%20Text_zpskbk4a708

As of July of 2014, I can no longer pursue my dream that I've had since I was thirteen. As a child, I wanted to become a Veterinarian. I loved animals (still do), and wanted to take care of them. I wasn't able to follow through with it because I didn't have the heart to euthanize someones beloved pet. I guess you can call me weak but I just couldn't do it.

When I was thirteen, my grandmother on my mums side started getting very, very ill. I can't remember what happened exactly besides her organs working backwards. She was in a nursing home because no one could take care of her. She was on Hospice care (which is a caregiver who helps someone who is nearing the end of their life). Watching the nurses and aides take excellent care of my grandmother I wanted to do the very same thing. I wanted to take care of people.

When I was in the tenth grade, I went to our counties Vocational School (where you go to school and half the day is your job class and the other half is academics). I was able to get into one of the hardest classes to get into, Allied Health. In this particular class, you spent four hours learning how to be a nurses aide. I had a 600 page book to memorize to take the written part of the test then I had to learn 20 different skills to pass my skills test. I had to score an 80 and above to get my licenses. My teacher wasn't that great so when we took our classes, only five out of twenty three passed. I wasn't one of the five. I ended up with a 75%

I was able to take the test two more times before I would have to repeat the entire course. I got a 79% on the second test and then finally an 80%. I had passed. I was in English class when I looked at the results and I cheered very loudly because it was an accomplishment. The test is not easy. One question had four correct answers and I had to pick the one that the book went by. It was a very stressful test, but I'm happy that I passed.

When I was getting my State Tested Nurses Aide (STNA) Licenses, I decided I wanted to work as a Registered Nurse (RN) and to work with children who had autism. Well, after school and working for a few years, I started going to college. I couldn't keep up with the work because I was working and trying to go to school full time, I wasn't sleeping and I ended up flunking out. Working full time plus full time school, you don't sleep much. So my passion to become an RN stopped after I flunked out of college and after I started to show signs of a mental condition.

Although I'm not in college, I have vast amount of knowledge about the human body. I know several terms that nurses, aide, and doctors use. I have a bunch of knowledge. If you guys ever want to know something, ask me. If I don't know it, I'll research it until I do. =D
Real Talk. End%20Text_zpslcmzf9cv
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Magician Credits : 1826

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkeye Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:14 am

I started thinking about where i wanna go with my life last month,When i was like 5 years old i wanted to become an detective,But then i was like,I dint want to become an detective anymore because i found it kind of silly.Then when i was 6th grade,I started thinking about becoming an Geologist,Im quite intested in Science thouth,I started watching/Reading NASA Stuff,And i found it quite intersting.

I still dont know where i wanna go with my life,But im probably gonna go into an College for Math,Because i really love math,And I heard that it is very hard (from what i heard).And you can get pretty good jobs with it if you pass the College.

But il have to see When i get into High School and then when i pass high school,Il decide.My Mind might change what i want to become,You alvest think that you wanna become like an Geologist then later your mind changes.But,Your mind doesent alwest have to change,For some people being an Geologist just sticks at their head all the time.

Well thats it for me.
Hawkeye
Hawkeye
Retired Staff

Magician Credits : 606

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:27 am

since untill about my junior year, i wanted to work any kind of job in the Earth and/or Space Field of science, this changed because i found out how much time and money it would take to be a decent Scientist. it really sucks that a blockade like this is in front of your dream.

Now i have a personal goal, to make median wage without going to college, will be a task, but i think it'll work. After all motivation is the key to success.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:57 am

dusty, you be whatever you want but i envy your artist talents, i do think it may be good to have an other job alongside though if you find time

When i was a kid i wanted to be an astronaut becuse i thought i could fight off aliens and stuff XD then when i realsied that was silly i wanted to be a clown....... but that was over quickly and i wanted to be a cook... when i found out cooking was so boring i instead forgot about that for a while

now i want to either be some sort of entetainer, writer or game creator (but game creator would not be main job in that case and i would set out on a quest to create a simple yet good game like FNAF (different gameplay and story i just mean developed by one guy and simple) but it would probably not be as good but i would at least try and put my soul into something)
or i dont know really
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:15 am

meniallight5516 wrote:dusty, you be whatever you want but i envy your artist talents, i do think it may be good to have an other job alongside though if you find time

When i was a kid i wanted to be an astronaut becuse i thought i could fight off aliens and stuff XD then when i realsied that was silly i wanted to be a clown....... but that was over quickly and i wanted to be a cook... when i found out cooking was so boring i instead forgot about that for a while

now i want to either be some sort of entetainer, writer or game creator (but game creator would not be main job in that case and i would set out on a quest to create a simple yet good game like FNAF (different gameplay and story i just mean developed by one guy and simple) but it would probably not be as good but i would at least try and put my soul into something)
or i dont know really

Real Talk. Start%20Text_zpskbk4a708

Be a writer~ We could use more books in life since really kids don't want to read anymore. They just want to watch Netflix and YouTube, or stare at their phone and text all day. Kids need to read more. . . . it's sad how they don't read.
Real Talk. End%20Text_zpslcmzf9cv
Derpy
Queen of MADA

Magician Credits : 1826

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:45 pm

I want to be a poet. I love poems and the mood of songs. they give me thoughts to use.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Forum Stalker

Magician Credits : 246
Admins Comment : Glow expires July 13th

Character sheet
BountyBounty0
NotorietyNotoriety11
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content