Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Ultimaya Tzolkin/Crimson Dragon; Several Rulings Clarified

2 posters

Go down

Ultimaya Tzolkin/Crimson Dragon; Several Rulings Clarified Empty Ultimaya Tzolkin/Crimson Dragon; Several Rulings Clarified

Post by Stardog Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:56 am

Several Ultimaya Tzolkin/Crimson Dragon Ruling Questions cleared up and straightened out.

Q: Are the monsters sent to the Graveyard to Special Summon Ultimaya Tzolkin considered Synchro Materials? For example, if Hyper Synchron is treated as a Level 5 monster due to the effect of Star Changer, and it is sent to the Graveyard to Special Summon Ultimaya Tzolkin, will the effects of Hyper Synchron apply?
A: The monsters sent to the Graveyard to Special Summon Ultimaya Tzolkin are not considered Synchro Materials. Therefore, the effects of Hyper Synchron will not apply.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: Can the Special Summon of Ultimaya Tzolkin through the method written in its text be negated by Solemn Judgment?
A: Yes, it can.

Q: Can Ultimaya Tzolkin be Special Summoned by the effect of Limit Overdrive?
A: Yes, Ultimaya Tzolkin can be Special Summoned with Limit Overdrive. In that case, you would need to activate Limit Overdrive by returning a Tuner Synchro Monster and a non-Tuner Synchro Monster whose total Levels equal 12.

Q: Can Ultimaya Tzolkin be Special Summoned by sending a face-down Level 5 or higher monster to the Graveyard? Can it be Special Summoned by sending a Monster Token to the Graveyard?
A: Ultimaya Tzolkin is Special Summoned by sending 2 Level 5 or higher monsters with the same Level (1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner) to the Graveyard. Face-down monsters and Monster Tokens cannot be sent to the Graveyard to Special Summon it.

Q: Can Ultimaya Tzolkin be Special Summoned by sending a Plaguespreader Zombie to the Graveyard, after it was Special Summoned by its own effect, and treated as a Level 7 or higher monster with Galaxy Queen’s Light?
A: Since Ultimaya Tzolkin must be Special Summoned by sending 2 Level 5 or higher monsters with the same Level (1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner) to the Graveyard, it cannot be Special Summoned using a Plaguespreader Zombie that was Special Summoned by its own effect.

Q: Can Ultimaya Tzolkin be Special Summoned while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying?
A: Since Ultimaya Tzolkin must be Special Summoned by sending 2 Level 5 or higher monsters with the same Level (1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner) to the Graveyard, it cannot be Special Summoned while the effect of Macro Cosmos is applying.

Q: Can Ultimaya Tzolkin be targeted with De-Synchro?
A: While you control another Synchro Monster, Ultimaya Tzolkin cannot be targeted by card effects or attacks, so it cannot be targeted with De-Synchro. If you do not control any other Synchro Monsters, Ultimaya Tzolkin can be targeted with De-Synchro. In that case, it will be returned to the Extra Deck, but because the 2 monsters sent to the Graveyard to Special Summon Ultimaya Tzolkin are not considered Synchro Materials, the effect of De-Synchro which Special Summons monsters from your Graveyard is not applied.

Q: If I control Ultimaya Tzolkin and have a Level Eater in my Graveyard, can I activate the effect of Level Eater by targeting Ultimaya Tzolkin?
A: Yes, you can. Since Ultimaya Tzolkin is treated as a Level 12 monster, its Level will then decrease to 11, and Level Eater will be Special Summoned.

Q: If Phantom of Chaos has gained the name and effects of Ultimaya Tzolkin, what Level does it become?
A: Being treated as a Level 12 monster is not considered a monster effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin, so even if Phantom of Chaos has gained the name and effects of Ultimaya Tzolkin, it is not treated as a Level 12 monster. (It will remain a Level 4 monster.)

Q: If the effect of Psi-Blocker is activated, declaring Ultimaya Tolkin, what Level does Ultimaya Tzolkin become?
A: Being treated as a Level 12 monster is not considered a monster effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin, so even if the effect of Psi-Blocker is activated by declaring Ultimaya Tzolkin, it remains a Level 12 monster.

Q: While Skill Drain is applying, what Level does Ultimaya Tzolkin become?
A: Being treated as a Level 12 monster is not considered a monster effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin, so even if Skill Drain negates its effects, it remains a Level 12 monster.

Q: When resolving Nekroz Kaleidomirror, can Ultimaya Tzolkin be sent from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard to perform the Ritual Summon?
A: Since Ultimaya Tzolkin is treated as a Level 12 monster, it can be sent to the Graveyard using Nekroz Kaleidomirror.

Q: Can the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin activate after Scrap-Iron Scarecrow is Set by its effect at Chain Link 1?
A: In this situation, since Scrap-Iron Scarecrow is Set again instead of being sent to the Graveyard after it resolves, the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin can be activated.

Q: Can the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin activate if The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil or Zoma the Spirit, which have become monsters due to their own effects, are changed to face-down Defense Position by the effect of Book of Moon at Chain Link 1?
A: If The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil has become a monster due to its own effect and targeted by Book of Moon, it will be changed to face-down Defense Position and remain in the Monster Zone, so the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin cannot be activated. If Zoma the Spirit has become a monster due to its own effect and targeted by Book of Moon, it will be Set face-down in the Spell & Trap Zone, so the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin can be activated.

Q: If the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin is activated, but Book of Moon or Compulsory Evacuation Device are chained so that Ultimaya Tzolkin is no longer face-up on the field when its effect resolves, does the effect to Special Summon a Synchro Monster still apply?
A: In this case, the effect resolves normally and Special Summons a Synchro Monster from the Extra Deck.

Q: If I control 2 copies of Ultimaya Tzolkin, can I activate both of their effects when I Set a Spell/Trap Card?
A: You can. Each copy can activate its effect once per turn. When you Set a Spell/Trap Card, if you wish to activate the effects of both copies, they will form a chain together.

Q: If the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin is activated, but the activation or effect is negated by Light and Darkness Dragon or Skill Drain, can the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin be activated again that turn?
A: In either case, even if the activation/effect is negated, the effect cannot be activated again that turn.

Q: Can a Synchro Monster Special Summoned by the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin attack or use its effects?
A: Yes, it can. However, note that being Special Summoned by the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin is not considered a proper Synchro Summon. For example, you could not activate the second effect of Stardust Dragon that Special Summons it from the Graveyard if it was initially Special Summoned by the effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin.

Q: If I control 2 copies of Ultimaya Tzolkin, can either of them be targeted by card effects or attacks?
A: If you control 2 copies of Ultimaya Tzolkin, since each one is applying its effect, neither of them can be targeted by card effects or attacks.

Q: If I control Ultimaya Tzolkin, and an Inzektor Exa-Beetle equipped with a Synchro Monster, can Ultimaya Tzolkin be targeted by card effects or attacks?
A: The effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin will not apply, since the other Synchro Monster is not face-up in your Monster Zone.

Q: If I control Ultimaya Tzolkin, and a face-down Defense Position Synchro Monster, can Ultimaya Tzolkin be targeted by card effects or attacks?
A: The effect of Ultimaya Tzolkin will not apply, since the other Synchro Monster is not face-up in your Monster Zone.

This doesn't answer all ruling questions for Ultimaya Tzolkin/Crimson Dragon and I will continue to update rulings for this card and several others. This is my way of making up for the lack of YGO news/updates around here.
Stardog
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7126

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety30
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Ultimaya Tzolkin/Crimson Dragon; Several Rulings Clarified Empty Re: Ultimaya Tzolkin/Crimson Dragon; Several Rulings Clarified

Post by Nosferatu Alucard Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:11 am

This topic was good since i use ultimaya, but ik all of these rulings before you posted this lol, anyway, thanks for the topic explaining this
Nosferatu Alucard
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Magician Credits : 8429

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame24271

Back to top Go down