Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Deck Profile - Chaos Piper

+2
Flint
α27theDemonKnight
6 posters

Go down

Deck Profile - Chaos Piper Empty Deck Profile - Chaos Piper

Post by mimgrim Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:01 am

Ok so I'm wanting to play Yugioh again but at this point, until something like DN comes around again, my most realistic option is to try and play irl again but this takes money and before I spend money on this deck I want to make sure I have it finalized first.

Let me also get out of the way that I am extremely picky about this deck, I get it to work in a certain way and every single card in the deck serves one kind of purpose or another for something. That being said it isn't impossible that a card can serve a better purpose then a card already in the deck. In fact there are some changes I'm already thinking  about doing but am not a 100% sure on them yet, I will list them on after the deck profile. So any changes you list I need to hear good and solid reasoning as to why you would make that change, at the very least a paragraph's worth, or else I will completely ignore your suggestion as it isn't worth my time if you can't or won't explain why.

I will also be listing why I play every card I do and why I might feel some of them aren't meeting standards like they use to, so be prepared for a lengthy read (or just skip the walls of text and get to the list, whatever suits you).

α27theDemonKnight edit: Here's a picture of the deck. Screenshot credits to Lexie
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Main Deck - 40

Monsters

Mystic Piper x 3 - This card's status is non-negotiable. It will never get taken out or go down to 3. Its the namesake of the deck for crying out loud and serves a pivotal purpose for the deck, consistent consistency. It is a guaranteed 1 for 1 and a possible +1. There multiple ways to keep bringing it out every turn to keep getting the draws. It is the pillar of the deck and one of the most important ways it sets itself up.

Kinka-byo x 3 - Another non-negotiable card. Level one, dark, and a spirit monster it plays a vital role as a support card and combo piece. I can use it to fetch piper from the grave every turn, to grab a level 1 tuner from the grave for a quick Synchro, and after either of those things it will return to my hand at my EP. Its also a prim target for Creature Swap as it essentially ends up turning a -1 card into a 1 for 1 card instead.

Battle Fader x 3 - Just like the first 2 this is another card that will never be taken out or brought down to 2 or less. This is one of the 2 pillar cards for the deck's defense. It keeps me from getting my ass kicked from my opponent going big and trying to otk me. That and being level 1 and dark is very helpful as well.

Torque Tuner Gear x 3 - Now this is an interesting card. Level 1 Light Tuner Union monster. Has the three important attributes for the deck plus a very nifty and versatile effect that allows it to equip it self to a monster I have and turn into a tuner which means every monster card in the deck is a potential tuner which opens up for a wide variety of plays. That being said I don't think the card is completely non negotiable. You could easily swap it for 3 Effect Veilers and all it changes is the tempo of the deck (defense vs offense) but both filling an important criteria for the deck. I even use to run Veiler until recently where I decided the speed from Torque was better then the defense of Veiler for this deck in the current format and the Veiler is better off as a side deck card instead.

Unknown Synchron - Level 1 dark tuner monster with a Cyber Dragon effect with the trade-off being it can only use its effect once per duel, hence why only 1. Its effect can be very useful if I'm going second and it fills a level 1 need for Piper and a dark need for Allure or Chaos Monsters.

Jet Synchron - Level 1 Tuner. Not light or dark but still important nonetheless and I would be loathed to get rid of it. Can SS itself from the grave which is a huge boon to have from a tuner and has great synergy with Accel Synchron. In fact if I could make a room for a second Accell I'd run a second one of these guys. Very useful.

Glow-Up Bulb - Level 1 Tuner that also isn't light or dark but can also SS itself from the grave (albeit only once per duel) while giving me a deck thin on top of. Not as easy to get into the grave as Jet but still very manageable and is worth using a normal summon on just to do that.

Jester Confit x 2 - Level 1 dark monster that can SS itself from the hand regardless of mine or the opponent's field. Purely a material card used for Synchros or Creature but is very important to that niche. Have sometimes consider running 3.

White Dragon Wyverburster (from now one called Ivory) x2 and Black Dragon Collapserpent (from now on called Ebony) x 2 - I have to group these two cards together because they don't function properly without each other. They both play a vital role in the deck as they are both easy to bring out and don't eat a normal summon in the process. Ivory simply needs a dark monster to be banished from the grave to summon itself from the hand and Ebony needs a light monster to be banished from the grave for the same thing, and the best part is that when one of them leaves the field they search the other one from the deck and add it to hand and with that the condition for the new one is guaranteed. Oh and as the effect is mandatory it can't miss timing so they work when getting tributed for a tribute summon or as a Synchro material still.

Gorz The Emissary of Darkness x 2 - A strong defense card with a great effect but one I'm thinking more and more that I don't need. I often find myself with a field in place where he can't be used (including back row, despite no traps as I lay down spells as bait instead) and is in general too slow with how situational he is. But still not sure. Maybe I should only play 1?

Tragodeia x 2 - Another strong defense card with a great affect but am finding myself thinking I don't really need it anymore. Like Gorze he can stop otks and with the hand advantage this deck gets he should usually have a strong atk power along with two great effects as well but I can'y help but feel I may be better served by another card. Maybe also at 1?

Chaos Sorcerer x 2 - A card I also feel like I am using less and less and am thinking of bringing down to 1. Now don't get me wrong it has a great effect that I like but I've been finding it to be a bit cloggy lately, but that might be in combination of some other cards. Still, it has served a great purpose, even to a point where I use to play 3, in that I could SS it very easily, use its effect tpo get rid of a pesky monster then use it as a Synchro material. Still a great combo but less effective right now with how many things that avoid targeting.

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning - This cards primary purpose? To be a fake out boss. Don't get me wrong it boosts 3k attack and 2 great effect and is a boss monster in its own right but compared to other boss monsters it is a bit lacking and easy to get rid. But it still provides enough of a threat to the opponent if they leave it unchecked. Which means if I'm ready to start playing big I'll throw this guy out first to test the waters before I bring my better bosses out.

Spells

Allure of Darkness x 3 - Draw power, and with the amount of darks I have it should never be dead.

Creature Swap x 3 - This deck plays a lot of weak monsters that are easy to bring out and my opponent more then likely will play a lot of strong monsters, so I wanna take em. Que evil laugh.

One fot One - Can grab any of my level 1s from the deck based on who I need at the moment, very great card.

Scapegoat x 3 - The second card that is part of the pillar of defense for this deck. It also very easily stops otks from the opponent or saves my ass in general. But also serves a second function for offense as well, as if my opponent can't kill me that turn I will use it during their EP to get 4 level 1 tokens to use as material as I please, and with 4 of them I can start a lot of stuff.

Twin Twister x 2 - Staple, Can be swapped with MST

Extra deck - 15 (I'm going to be brief on extra deck cards, as they are always negotiable based on the format and what next comes out. Also please take into account budget, I will not spend 50 bucks for a single card like Omega)

Formula Synchron x 3 - Draw power and a level 2 light tuner. Nuff said

Stardust Charge Warrior x 3 - Draw power and combos with Formula and Accel

Accel Synchron - Combos with Jet and is a level 5 Tuner that I can make into a level 4 or 6 tuner.

Jet Warrior - Good effect when summoned but primarily there for it effect to SS itself again.

Dark Strike Fighter - Cowboy of the deck, it can end games by itself.

Psy-Framelord Zeta - Good effect, and cheap.

Goyo King - Can get over 3k beast sticks and take my opponent's cards from them. Fits perfectly.

Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend - Boss monster that can also ends games on its own while getting rid of every SS effect monster on the field other then it all while doing 500 effect damage for each card destroyed.

Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon - Boss monster that negates monster effects, yes please.

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - On summon can banish 3 opponent's card from different places all without targeting. Hell fucking yea.

Stardsut Warrior - Boss monster that negates SSs, nuff said.

Only thing missing is one to negat s/t but I don't think I could get Quasar out easily right now.

I'll go over side deck once main deck is finalized.

Cards I'm thinking of adding

Juragedo - Great hand trap and lets my monsters get over beast stick threats. Great offense and defense card. Thinking of switch for Gorz and/or Trago

Thunder King Rai-oh - A card I think is great this format as a lot of decks search the deck and are doing inherent summons right now. Not quite sure what to take out for it though.

Another Accel Synchron and Jet Synchron - For reasons already stated, just not sure how to make room.

So can I get some thoughts and feedback?
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Magician Credits : 604

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Deck Profile - Chaos Piper Empty Re: Deck Profile - Chaos Piper

Post by Khina Bree Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:14 am

I'd like to see this deck in action before giving my 2 coppers worth.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:49 am

Okay so i tried it out, and I'm not entirely sure how the deck is supposed to work. All it did was make some synchros and didn't really have any protection of any sort.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:55 am

The way the deck works is complicated.

Its not really a spam deck or really a control deck or a atun deck or anything like that.

Its a deck where you need to know how to bide your time. You want to only make small plays starting out, waiting for the player to spend their resources and stopping their attempts to kill you but without spending too many of your resourced in the proccess. If your opponent has some defenses then you wamna make a couple of fake-out with "big" monsters to get them to use up the cards.

That's the way I play the deck at least.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 pm

So in short to you. Main function of deck. Grinding.

To me in addition to that I see is Monster Control.

And lots and lots of synchros and draw power.
Small chaos engine, kinka byo into chaos piper combo.

Feels something like a pure psy-frame players mindset for this deck.

This deck takes a while to get going and is mostly dependent on what your opponent pulls off. With the handtrap monsters being the main defense.
A rather complicated deck indeed.

Even then you forgot Psyframe Omega for such a deck I feel.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:04 pm

I don't think relying on hand traps for defense is a bad thing, as well to add that using traps wouldn't really fit in with the theme of the deck unless it was something like Mind Crush. I believe hand traps/certain other monsters or spells to be the most optimal form of protection for this deck. I'm just not sure I'm using the most optimal combination of hand traps however. Traps don't really fit the deck, however.

Which is why I'm thinking of stuff like Juragedo or TKRO or maybe even bringing back Veiler into the main without having to give up Torque.

The base of the deck is still intact. Its just getting it tweaked for the format and new cards.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Ok so I decided to take out Gorz and Trago, I'm still not entirely sure on Trago but I'm thinking out ideas. I also took out a Chaos Sorc (Cause Trago and Gorz are 4) and put back in 2 Veilers. May move Veiler back to side deck in exchange for something else, someone kinda got my interest in Fairy Tail Snow but still not sure about that card.

Actually thinking of taking out the level 7 Synchros as, despite how easy they are to go into I almost never go into them because I want to go into other Synchros instead.

Probably the biggest thing missing to most people is protection from S/T cards, overall, but thats probably something to be regulated to the side deck to handle given the nature of the current meta and how most decks use little of those kinds of cards.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flint Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:31 am

Have you thought of using certain Xyz monsters for the deck such as "Number 13: Embodiment of Crime", "Number 31: Embodiment of Punish", and "Ghostrick Dullahan"?

What are your thoughts on certain Ghostrick cards in the main deck such as Jackfrost, Lantern and Specter?

Lastly, have you tried "Level Eater" in the deck? If so, what are your experiences with the card in combination with your deck?
Flint
Flint
Rank "S" Hero

Magician Credits : 7074
Admins Comment : Handsome. 10/10

Character sheet
BountyBounty---
NotorietyNotoriety---
FameFame---

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:05 pm

If the extra deck we're bigger I'd be more inclined to run XYZs but as it is now I don't really have the room for them. Not to mention the ones I could run and get into consistently are generally outclassed by the Synchros I can get into instead.

I was actually thinking about Jackfrost cause he's goo at stopping otks and doesn't target the monster he flips face down which is cool. But I decided to go in a different direction with Honest after some retooling of the extra deck (which I'm thinking about doing even further but more about that later).

Level eater is actually a card I've wanted to use for a long time but without a consistent way to get it into the grave and me generally wanting to use my normal summon on a Tuner, Piper, or Kinka I can't really justify having it in the deck.

I am thinking about doing some retooling of the extra deck, and in the process kinda changing the base of how I play the deck by a little bit, by giving a focus to Stardust Chronicle. Can I hear some thoughts on that? As that is a card this deck can go into easily, and I could make it even easier, or maybe just giving a focus to level 10 Synchros in general.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Bump
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Okay after a little brainstorming and experimenting, I found Watapon was a lot of fun to toy with in this build, but so was marshmacaron.

Where Arf Thou was handy, but not as great as I imagined.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:26 am

I've played many Chaos Piper variants so I felt very in tuned when testing out this deck on Devpro. I'm used to playing a more Xyz style of Chaos Pipers. After playing a couple matches, I got a Plant Synchron vibe from using this. Mainly from the use of Scapegoats, and Level 1 Tuners.

This deck made me want to edit it and go either 2 routes with it. Implementing Ghostricks since it compliments this deck's play style of turtling until you wear down your opponent enough or using a Plant engine to go more a bit more explosive plays with the deck. Since it feels like it's somewhat stuck in between trying to accomplish both. I found myself being sandwiched from opponents that out resource you which isn't that hard of an accomplishment based on what I've seen.

This is not from not knowing how to use the deck, it's more so the construction where it feels like it's trying to both turtle and make big plays. That being said, I'm not claiming the deck is bad it just feels like it's indecisive of which play style it wants to stick with. If turtling is your go to, I'd try Supply Unit since you can at least draw cards while at the same time shielding from the opponent.

I've tried going first and second at least 10 times each to see which turn it prefers to start. Based on the duels I've done, it doesn't really make a huge difference with the exception of being able to use Allure, being able to be attacked so you can trigger Battle Fader, Tragodia, or Gorz and set whatever you may want to use. So going first is more preferred. This is for a turtling play style though.

Other cards I'd give consideration is Chaos Necromancer mainly from the amount of monsters you'll be fueling in the grave.

Foolish Burial is generally a good generic in a lot of these Chaos decks.

And Soul Charge. With the amount of biding you will do, you will have a large graveyard and Soul Charge can make good use of it and making very large plays.
Flare
Flare

Magician Credits : 805

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Yea, I've been slowly turning the deck towards more explosive plays rather then turtling. Though the deck still needs to keep a certain amount of turtling to function the way I want it to.

But in this current format we no longer need to turtle forever and constantly wear the opponent down, nor is that style of play really that effective in this format due to the resources they can generate. Instead we need to only be able to turtle for like 2 or 3 turns, which is quite accomplishable.

However this deck was always meant to be able to do both. As the kind of deck I want to play is one that is able to turtle/grind out the opponent waiting for the time to make our big explosive plays, which is why it so very important to know how many types of plays you need to make in your turn and how to do fakeout plays all while keeping enough resources for you to make your true explosive play later on.

I've actually done some editing to the deck as is. I took out Gorz, I like the card but it doesn't work out that good in this format, and Trago, thinking about bringing him back though, along with a Chaos Sorc, really only need one, took out the level 7 synchros, literally never go into them, Stardust Warrior, found a better boss card, and Jet Warrior, again never go into.

Replaced with 3 Juragedo, much better in this format and accomplishes both turtling and explosive plays, Honest, just testing out and might switch back out for Trago or something else, and added in another Jet Synchron for a total of 41 cards (but this deck more then has the draw power to make up for it). And for the extra I added another level 8, another Accel Synchron, Celestial Dragon, and Stardust Chronicle. And from test hands through this app I have I'm liking the synergy I'm having so far aside from being unsure about Honest.

The other thing I'm thinking of doing is bringing back a level 7 Synchron into the extra and making room for Cryston Phoenixion.

Foolish is a card I've considered before but am not quite sure about.

I want to like Soul Charge, I really fucking do. I know I can make great use of it. But oh my gawd I hate that I can't conduct my BP the turn I use it and that keeps me from getting to use the oomph of making an exposive play with it.

I have also been thinking a lot about Burial from a Different Dimension a lot, for obvious reasons.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:36 am

I don't think it's a bad strategy nor a bad deck if you're wanting to do both. But I do think it's slightly harder doing both than doing one since it can result in some inconsistent results. Not in terms of bricking, which I found difficult to do in Chaos deck since they usually draw a usable hand. More so that sometimes you end up drawing cards that sort of conflict with each other.

It can definitely be ironed out, it would just take more work than if you had stuck with 1 route. Overall the deck is fun to use and since it's a variant of Chaos, there is a lot of fun stuff you can tech in it and it would still work.
Flare
Flare

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So I have recently made a tone of changes to the deck and how it works.

Rather then be a turtling type deck in the common variation of Piper I have decided to turn towards more of an explosive type deck with some turtling power.

The power is to let the opponent get confident for a few turns and think they are going to win this all while getting them to use their resources while we wait for the chance to go big, one turn after another. The reason I say one turn after another is because of Accel Synchron's limiation of only being able to be Synchro Summoned once per turn. But this isn't really a bad thing. As if they manage to get pass one of our big boss monsters from the extra deck we can easily bring out another just as threatening one the next turn.

After the opponent is wore down for a bit is when we aim to bring out one of Stardust Chronicle, Star Eater, or Onimaru and start pushing game but without over extending ourselves in the process, as this is a deck about keep options available.

We also have Trish, Scarlight, and Crystal Wing as additional back-up guns.

I would really like to hear some thoughts on this new direction.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaneia Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:16 am

Ah vhaos pipers, the fun ive hd with you. That being said, tyere is a new version that pumps out powerful boss monsters and even a near unkillable xyz. That being said, i will be testing your new version of chaos pipers.

However, if you'd like a new version of the piper deck. Pm me. That aside, how easy is it for you to pump out those high level synchros like Trish?

I've also noticed that you don't run any rank 1 xyz, granted they aren't as powerful today as they were years ago, but dullahan would.have been useful with a mini ghostrick archtype. But most importantly, have you concidered utopia roots + any rank up? It creates an instant 4 who xan negate monster effs. Very useful in this time of powerful monster.

That is all i have to say as of now.
Akaneia
Akaneia
King of UU

Magician Credits : 651

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:49 am

I can get all the high level Synchtons very easily. Trish is most commonly gotten by Charge Warrior + Formula + level one monster or 2 level 4s + level 1 tuner. The rest of the high level Synchros are gotten via Charge Warrior + Accel Synchron, which is a very easy combo piece to accomplish.

I don't run any XYZs because, well, I don't have the room for them. And of the XYZs I cwn consistently go into withoit clogging up space I find the powerful Synchros I can just as consistently go into are overall better.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:02 am

Bump
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:04 pm

I've been meaning to reply to this for a while but I lagged. I finally came back with some information about the newly updated deck.

I'd recommend the addition of T.G. Hyper Librarian. The deck can special many times in 1 turn given the right key cards and it's very easy to special summon level 5 Synchros. It can be very explosive with the key cards in the correct place, which is why I'd recommend the T.G. Hyper Librarian. Without the turtling backbone, you have to rely on gaining advantage and being quick about it.

The issues that I had with the previous iteration being that sometimes you draw hands that conflict with each other, has toned down a lot and has become more consistent in drawing hands that can summon Synchros almost immediately. As previously mentioned, you have to rely on gaining advantage and quickly. Allure, Charge Warrior, Formula and Piper are very good and integral to this deck and hopefully T.G. Hyper Librarian is also added to speed up the process.

I don't know what the thought was but I was curious to add in Speedroids or Resonator in it because they have access to level 1 tuners. I could also possibly recommend D.D. Sprite. This is only if you're looking for more tuners for the deck.

I am actually struggling to think of more recommendations that could improve hand advantage in the deck past T.G. Hyper Librarian. The weird part is that I think I have more recommendation cards for the turtling playstyle. I hope my feedback was helpful in some way.
Flare
Flare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down