Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Yuuki Yuna on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yuuki Yuna Reviews Magic Arts Duel Academy!

Hello! I'm Yuuki Yuna, and as of whenever I start writing this, I decided that if I feel bored because I don't want to A. Play Overwatch B. Play ranked Devpro or C. fuck around in Starbound or some other game like Civ 5, so I'm going to write a review for an academy.

Now, you might be asking, "Who the fuck is this guy to go around criticizing our home?" And that's a valid point, I did just sorta show up out of nowhere and as you are probably seeing, criticizing things. But I also want to bring up another valid point: Academies will die (for those that get revived, the dead stay dead, meaning they will eventually die shortly after their revival), and new ones will always be created. I've experienced tons of academies, I've even run an academy for myself. I know what makes a good one and what makes a bad one. Now, MADA is a special case to me, because most academies that are not DA usually don't survive for 2 years, or even a year. They die off rather quickly. So, I'm moreso going to be asking why that is the case.


Appearance 7/10
Well, I'm helping ywall out with a new head banner, mostly because I sorta barganed my way to do it, but I wanna clear up a misconception. A lot of people think that you have to have forum graphics. And I disagree, you don't have to. If you chose to, they should be professionally done and good. But if they are poorly done, not only do they increase the site's loading times, but also they make the site look unatractive, thus they may turn away potential users. Also a recomended size is 300x100 max.

As for the forum skin, you can only do so much with forumotion. And it works, though I think the navbar is out of place. It's a fairly decent skin that looks ok. If you really wanted a really cool, awesome skin like something DA has, you have to have the CSS and HTML knowledge to make it yourself, as well as know how to edit templates and know what you are doing. And you need the founder account to edit templates. Also maybe the beginning of every new year, you can chose a new skin or something. Or if you have someone who has the knowledge that I described is needed, have someone work on a new skin. And I know you are going for simple, but you should have something that looks nice and is simple.

As for forum categories, they look fine, though I will say that I think Art, Music, Tv, Manga, and Anime can all just be combined. Same thing with art shops and MADA shops, Art shop topics can just be put under MADA shops. If you are worried about users being confused, just require that shops must be tagged like having the tag [GFX] or [DEK] in them.

Also, I'm starting to think that requiring a forum for a dorm in an academy has no purpose besides aesthetics. People used to think that people would post their dorm room in the dorms and people would comment on it and stuff, but that only happens on DA. Yet again, DA is okay with spam to a degree. Like people shitpost on DA all the time in threads, and dorms is just the main place they do it in. Having the dorms there though do make it a good place to have Homework being placed, so I guess it's conveniant for that.

Also, another thing to note is that having this (http://i.imgur.com/AwLdmeU.png) just sorta look awkwardly placed (not to mention you don't really need to add admins to that since they already have moderation rights over every forum, and they have the pannel). Fixing this is simple, all that is required is to go into the ACP ---> Display ---> Homepage ---> Structure and hierarchy find the option where it says " Display forum moderators" and turn that yes into a no.

Also, if you're seeing this, feel free to use the table coding I am using for this post for any offical post. Like the rules! I can even tell ya how to configure it into the CSS so that when you are using the table code, it's a lot less shorter.

Another thing I want to add is that the affiliates widget looks very cluttered. And I have a code if you are interested that places the affiliates at the bottom of the page. So let me know if you want that.

Also, if you aren't going to update card of the month, don't do card of the month. It makes you look lazy if you just aren't going to update the widget.

Anyhow, if you want feedback on your forum's appearance, just ask for a review on the forumotion support forums, and they will kindly help ya out with that for sure (because I know there are somethings that they cover that I don't cover). But in the end, the forum just looks a bit above average. The Head banner that I made is nice and probably looks a lot better then the current (subjective but ok), the forum's skin is decent, the lack of GFX actually helps the forum, and there really isn't anything that stands out about the forum's appearance..

Staff and Usergroups 6/10
Usually this was just how the staff did their job, but I also critqued on the usergroups themselves, so I am going to add to this. Too many usergroups can make it seem like usergroups in general are pointless. And I can really point out 2 that I seem don't really need to be needed: Affiliates and War Commanders.

Starting with affiliates first, newer members (or generally anyone that really isn't an affiliate) won't care. You're just making them special for the sake of making them special. No point really to their purpose besides that.

When it comes to War Commanders, you only have 2 of them. I don't see them that often, but if you're only going to have 2 of them, it could be better to list them in a post saying that these are the guys that are in-charge of the war team (plus, are there any other academies around to war anyways? If they exist, they are probably really small and dieing out soon). I mean you could go have them war devpro teams but good luck with that. I know DA used to have their war team war DNF teams when DN was a thing.

Besides that, we got our standard Professors, Mods, and Admins. And with those 3 alone plus dorms you have the perfect amount of staff groups required, not to mention the perfect number of which you should keep, which is 3 admins, 3 mods, and 3 professors (Not counting Jackachu, in a since, I'm sorta treating it like a hierarchy. People who are mods also have the responsibilities of a professor, and people who are admins also have the responsibilities of mods and professors). However, since MADA is pretty big and active (or gets even bigger), you can definitely increase the number slowly but not durasticly.

However as of recently, when it comes to the professors, I'm not seeing the actual professors post lessons articles or homeworks from the professors themselves. I check the articles forum, and I see Stardog's name everywhere. So yeah, there's that. I also want to add that DA doesn't even do lessons anymore, and I don't see that many articles on DA, they mostly focus on doing tournaments. So if the learning aspect of YGO is going to be one of the main things that attract people to the forum, then you have to stay with it. I'll get into this more later.

When it comes to the moderators, I can write a whole essay on this. Coming from a background where this was all I did, I have so much to say, but I just cannot simply cover it all quickly. So I'm not going to, because I tell things like this all of the time, and they don't get it. And these are the same mistakes I will see at a lot of places. And they exist here (though here, it's not as bad as other places I have seen purely based on the fact that I could probably apply to any place that allows me to apply for admin and/or mod and get the position). Maybe this is an essay I'll write in the future, but for now, I won't give feedback on it. Commenting on things like these also don't attract the best response from people, and I rather not be banned anytime soon.

Also for the admins, or the "big 3" as they are called, they are doing just fine. I don't know what each exact individual admin is doing, but I know that they are creating the content that needs to be created to attempt to keep their members on their forum (Pokemon tournaments, and another yugioh tournament going on on the side). So they understand that which is good. I'd say they're good admins when it comes to knowing what to do, but this is something that an outsider like me can't judge off of 4 days of watching MADA.

Content 1/10
Let me explain what I mean by content. I am refering to the things that makes the members of the academy want to stay, and/or rather gives them something to do. This could be from duels for currency, tournaments, lessons, to dice games and roleplays (btw, I'm mostly going to refer to Yugioh related content). And I'd say that ywall are lacking in this department. I am only see tournaments, but they're old tournaments, so if someone new wanted to join in on one of them, they couldn't cause they're still in-progress. You should be having weekly tournaments with 8 participants. No more, no less. 4 tournaments a month at max, and 1 event a month at max.

I know that MADA has had an on-going event, but it's not happening anymore. And on-going events help to make sure that your members have something to do. Not to mention even though that I can get currency by dueling, I see no reason to do that. And if say you have your glow and everything you want, there is no reason to keep on trying to get more currency.

And to add to this, you get to chose the dorm you are in. Very creative. In fact I've only seen one small academy try the system out and that died because the admin team was torn to pieces. However, I have one major problems with the system: You aren't doing anything with it. Becuase you aren't doing anything with it, it's sorta just like "You get to chose your dorm? So what?" The testing system had the motivation that if you got a low test score the first time, you could always buy your re-test and try again. The rank up system always had the motivation of just doing dueling things to rank up (or in DA's case, even a ladder). What's the motivation for joining a dorm? If anything, it's only purpose is aesthetics and you could just delete those four usergroups in general.

For roleplays, I recomend not doing them. Want a roleplay? Go to the a roleplay forum. You'll get a lot higher quality roleplaying. I have never seen RPing being good on academies (Satellar DA/AKA is an exception to this, because that community is mostly rpers that are veterans or are above average and are surrownded by veterans).

Dice games are also a fun way to get currency as well and also incourage users to keep on posting. If no one is posting, the forum looks dead. And as for the lessons, I covered this with the professors, if the lessons don't exist, I can't judge. Though I know Jackachu from pervious places, so I can safely say that the lessons are decent.


Everything Else
Appearance, Staff, and Content are sorta the essentials, so now I'm sorta just giving advice to other things that don't really fit with everything else. For example, code. When it comes to cool coding things, this acad has some cool codes. When I found out that ywall had a snake game, I thought "hey, that's actually kinda cool." Not to mention that I contributed profile songs (though last time I checked Stardog's profile, it's a white box. Dude, I WILL help you get the code working, cause I gave you the same strip of code on AKA and it's working fine there) so SPOILER ALERT, that's new. But if you have all that you want while knowing that there is more out there you can have, then that's fine.

Here are some suggestions for decreasing your site's loading times. 1. Disable the chatbox on the main page. You have a pop-up one, so you should be fine. Personally though I prefer the pop-up chatbox on the toolbar, because I find the toolbar to be really useful for watching threads that I care about, but that's just me. 2. Get rid of the glows. They're fun, but they increase the page's loading times. And every second counts. But of course, not everyone want's to sacrafice their fancy name effects for making their site look better + increase the page's loading times.

As much as I love discord, I do not recommend having a 3rd party program to chat. This being you are detracting activity away from the home of the academy, AKA the forum. You want people to be on the forum, so why are you trying to get people to not be on the forum and be on a 3rd party program instead?

Also, if you have a magician themed forum, you should make your dorms match with the theme as well. Right now the dorm names just seem really out of place. Be creative though, you don't have to end with "Dorm" at the end of the usergroup. Take an example out of Harry Potter for instance. They named their dorms right, you can figure out something cool for your dorms as well.


So why is MADA still alive after 2 years?
The answer I have come up with is that MADA has a strong community that is extremely loyal to the forum. The fact that the community is so tight together, that I even end up feeling excluded because of it. In a since, a lot of the members aren't welcoming of the new ones, not because they act hostile towards them but rather I can see newer members having a hard time fitting in and making friends. And a strong community like this will go away, so cherish it while you have it. And while you do that, make sure they stay by giving them things to do. And if this is done and done consistantly, and the staff never get's lazy or gives up, then MADA will last for a long time.

I'll probably still be around, so within a month from now, I'll do another one. If you have any questions or things you want me to address, post down below and I will address it.

_________________
avatar
Yuuki Yuna

Posts : 65
Magician Credits : 182
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down


Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Lord Beerus on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:09 am

@Yuuki Yuna wrote:
Yukio Okumura wrote:as it is now this site is nothing but unprofessional and thats why it so fun to be on this site.
Not really caring about the glow debate because that's Lux's fight to battle, are you implying that if any academy were to have a professional environment it would not be fun? If so, define Professional for me (or what you think professionalism is), I think we have different views on what that may be.

Being Professional is making sure you are always on top of the rules and enforcing them and making sure there are zero Loopholes. Being professional also means to have staff that do their duty to enforce the rules. Being Professional also means to have really active staff on a forum and not go inactive for more then a week.

Is this what you define as being professional cause it sure is how i define it.
avatar
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Posts : 965
Magician Credits : 242
Age : 16
Join date : 2015-03-21

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Yuuki Yuna on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:43 am

Yukio Okumura wrote:
@Yuuki Yuna wrote:
Yukio Okumura wrote:as it is now this site is nothing but unprofessional and thats why it so fun to be on this site.
Not really caring about the glow debate because that's Lux's fight to battle, are you implying that if any academy were to have a professional environment it would not be fun? If so, define Professional for me (or what you think professionalism is), I think we have different views on what that may be.

Being Professional is making sure you are always on top of the rules and enforcing them and making sure there are zero Loopholes. Being professional also means to have staff that do their duty to enforce the rules. Being Professional also means to have really active staff on a forum and not go inactive for more then a week.

Is this what you define as being professional cause it sure is how i define it.
Not at all, I definite this as strict. In fact, this is nothing close to what I see as professional. But it's okay for some places to be gung hoe about rules and others not to be. Just because one place isn't enforcing rules as much as the other, doesn't mean they can't both be professional.

Take for example the coding I used to write my post. If I see that other important posts like a tournament that was posted, or the announcement, or the rules, or anything really thats important and implied that I should read it that was posted by staff, it gives off a different vibe to it. It makes it feel important. Or if I start a phrase with "Hello Guest" (thats a code btw). Or say if someone was banned on another forum, and they were allowed to make an appeal for their ban, and after they did so, they get a formal response. If we were to look at the graphics on a place like CSA (an example of what bad graphics but professional ones look like), BRA (since you're familiar with that place), or even Resurrection DA (if you never heard of it, google it. It is a perfect example of what I am talking about when it comes to professionalism in general), they all look remotely similar.

If I see something that is formal or looks professional I can go ahead and say "Oh hey look, those people look like they know what they are doing." In a since, I think of professionalism as just being formal to someone. Now, there are some areas where MADA is professional and where it is not. One example of where it is for example the Ban Reports. While some of them are not handled as professionally as others, the fact that they are doing them and that they have a formula for them makes them look professional. The userbar that you are wearing is professional, because if someone were to ask me to make another userbar for them, it would look similar to yours in many ways. However, using the ban reports are professional, how some to go about handling them aren't professional (one case I am just going to mention is Lelouch's Ban Report) where the person writing the report just sorta assumes things. (Also if you're wondering a ban report I see as professional, look at #nofilter's Ban Report). This is what I see as professionalism.

_________________
avatar
Yuuki Yuna

Posts : 65
Magician Credits : 182
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Anzo on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:32 am

Thought of dropping by since you folks are including DA in your discussion. I also did went through all comments to ensure I'm not missing any valid gestures.

I think MADA is doing fine without needing to copy what we do at DA. Those who tend to copy what we do, well, you see them dead a while after. If something works for someone it won't necessarily works for you. There are set of different factors and circumstantial environment for a certain event or change to to be a positive step forward.

It might be better off doing MADA things instead of DA things.

~Cheers
avatar
Anzo

Posts : 1
Magician Credits : 1
Join date : 2016-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Khina Bree on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:02 pm

I think that's a fair statement. Though, I kind of think Yuuki may have intended "emulation" rather than copying, since I find emulating others is a safer approach.

That being said, I think there are a lot of things MADA can do to improve itself and be an even better, more fun forum to hang out on. I've had high hopes for that since I joined, and those hopes still linger.

Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Posts : 2567
Magician Credits : 823
Age : 27
Join date : 2015-02-20

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty150--
Notoriety15001
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Yuuki Yuna on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:49 pm

Oh hi Anzo, nice seeing you here. And with some parts of what you are saying I have to agree: copying DA is a bad idea. But by making an academy, you are copying DA. So you are basically saying "by copying DA, you're academy will die eventually." Though besides that, I do agree with the majority of what you said.

_________________
avatar
Yuuki Yuna

Posts : 65
Magician Credits : 182
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Lux0402 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:52 pm

Technically speaking, DA copied the DA from the GX show.
avatar
Lux0402

Posts : 11
Magician Credits : 36
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Pepchoninga on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:30 pm

Now, now wonderful people, I know you haven't posted here for a while but I guess I needed to say something to not get behind bote and Lux Razz

I'm Pep, ex-admin of GDA and YGA, co-owner of some dead ass academys, professional spammer and event organizer.

What you are mising is fun and interactive events. Your community will be active for only so long, untill it fades because they found something more interesting, or just got wooped by life in a different direction. Whatever it is, academys are are on near-extinction. 2 years is a good amount and all, but it wouldn't hurt to try and make it 3, maybe even 4? This of course can be made with work and dedication, not only chill and fun time. Yu-Gi-Oh is far from dead, just because DN got shut down. DA was singing the same song, until me and a couple other people decided to get back to the roots of these forums existence, which is - deuling. When people start dueling and all that, you will need to make more tournaments. A good ration is around 2-3 torunaments a month and one big event (Something like mafia or maybe a role-play or something along these lines) that will be run though the whole month. While I did get into an argument with another member on this site, saying you have tryed everything I suggested then and now (which i do not doubt), I don't think you did it with the right mind set. A good point that bote made was that you are still alive because you are a very loyal community that are very close and enjoy each other's company. While this is great, it is not something that new members could enjoy. I for myself was coming here every day for some time, but stoped because A) I didn't felt "welcome" to this fanily and B) Because there is nothing to really keep me in here. While you may not have any ambitions to try and compete with DA, it is still highly unprofessional to leave your members leave like that. Those are the 2 main problems I see in the academy as a person with experience and that is relatively subjective Razz Don't take this as an insult to how you operate the forum, but more so as a constructive criticism.

While some parts do look messy, I won't touch on them since they were already said beforehand. Many of the things are not something that will make the quality of the forum drop. Just for a silly reference NA had some of the worst coding (keep in mind I have very average knowledge on coding) and were still one of the best academys (on paper only if you ask me lel) One thing tho. Don't remove glows. Just cuz of the extra 1-2 seconds...it isn't worth it imo. It's something that DA didn't have and It's something that makes you unique in a sence. Keep the unique things in and try and make them as much as posible, since you will only benefit from that.

If this post has zero sence, don't judge, it's 4:30 in the morning lmao.
avatar
Pepchoninga

Posts : 32
Magician Credits : 32
Join date : 2015-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Nosferatu Alucard on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:31 am

Hmm... I seriously liked this one, was needing to read something like this. Also, would like to see that whole essay about the mods.

_________________

"The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."
avatar
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Posts : 1449
Magician Credits : 8458
Age : 102
Join date : 2014-10-29
Location : Brazil

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety50001
Fame24271

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Khina Bree on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:24 am

@Pepchoninga wrote:
I'm Pep, ex-admin of GDA and YGA, co-owner of some dead ass academys, professional spammer and event organizer.

This bit was enough for me to stop reading any further.

Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Posts : 2567
Magician Credits : 823
Age : 27
Join date : 2015-02-20

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty150--
Notoriety15001
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Yuuki Yuna on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:05 am

Craig Tucker wrote:Hmm... I seriously liked this one, was needing to read something like this. Also, would like to see that whole essay about the mods.
Judging by how some of the community responded towards this, that's sadly not going to happen. Should I write it? Probably though, cause a lot of people don't understand what good modding looks like. Judging by Artic's response, he thinks professionalism is mods being strict. So yeah...

_________________
avatar
Yuuki Yuna

Posts : 65
Magician Credits : 182
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Pepchoninga on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:21 am

Oracle wrote:
@Pepchoninga wrote:
I'm Pep, ex-admin of GDA and YGA, co-owner of some dead ass academys, professional spammer and event organizer.  

This bit was enough for me to stop reading any further.

That was for the banter tbh Razz
avatar
Pepchoninga

Posts : 32
Magician Credits : 32
Join date : 2015-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Yuuki Yuna on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:27 am

@Pepchoninga wrote:
Oracle wrote:
@Pepchoninga wrote:
I'm Pep, ex-admin of GDA and YGA, co-owner of some dead ass academys, professional spammer and event organizer.  

This bit was enough for me to stop reading any further.

That was for the banter tbh Razz
I'm not responsible for Peppy's actions, as he is an idiot, and may bury himself in a grave like he is already doing. And I don't plan to dig him out, love you peppy <3

_________________
avatar
Yuuki Yuna

Posts : 65
Magician Credits : 182
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by α27theDemonKnight on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:37 pm

a27theDemonKnight wrote:Now if everyone could stop flooding the thread with useless posts that do not serve any progressive input
And post your opinionated progress inputs instead of getting in each others way
That would be great.

Can you fools NOT start flaming or fiting shots at each other please?
I am angered by this.

Anyone who gets in the way of data collection will feel my judgement.

This thread.
Thee will be no locks. Yet.
Any future posts I deem unworthy will be eliminated without notice.


Last edited by α27theDemonKnight on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:11 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________
"He's the hero MADA deserves,
but not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our hero.
He's a silent guardian,
a watchful protector.
The Demon Knight"
avatar
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Posts : 1372
Magician Credits : 7288
Age : 22
Join date : 2015-03-16
Location : Fusion Dimension

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety3003
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Yuuki Yuna on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:18 pm

The reason why I haven't written my essay about Mods isn't that the community won't respond to it well, but rather they just aren't ready for it, and the fact that some people like Shadow or Artic who have run academies (and don't do a good job at it either, shots), responded the way they did proves this to me. In order for anyone to understand a topic like that, the audience they are writing too must understand that just because you are strict when it comes to rules doesn't mean fun isn't allowed. If people understand that mods and admins can enforce rules strictly AND allow a community to have fun, then maybe people can accept an essay about mods. Because people think if the staff were Nazi strict, then there would be no fun (and I'm not advocating Nazi strict). And you don't have to be Nazi strict to be a mod that enforces rules. So until I start to see that my audience can understand that, I'll write it eventually.

_________________
avatar
Yuuki Yuna

Posts : 65
Magician Credits : 182
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by mimgrim on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:56 pm

And honestly the problem extends to other staff positions as well. The only staff that do anything of any kind are the 3 admins and occasional chatbox protection from Xav, Patchouli Knowledgefor those who don't know who I am talking about, otherwise none of them really do anything, this goes to all three positions that aren't admin, though the War Commander spot seems non-existent anyway since the only one I ever saw on was Torm before he left.

This could be for various reasons in general, laziness, no incentive to do anything that their positions says they do, someone else (one of the admins most likely), or don't see the point after getting bad replies to something they did.

But I also don't completely blame it on the people with the positions. In the case of the mods a lot of it can be contributed to the fact that they, for the most part, haven't been needed to actually do anything on the forums all that much and mostly only the chatbox and even then that has varying times when they have anything to do in regards to their position on it. Or in the case of professors, the current state of online Yugioh isn't doing anything to help that, along with the current activity of the forums.

I think the biggest problem is that the majority of the activity lies in the chatbox and not on the forums. For the most part the forums are kinda barren and it can be hard to get replies from people in them. I mean I'm having a hard time to get anyone to post something more meaningful about my deck as all of the replies, while I appreciate them though there aren't many of them to begin with, lack the substance I want from them.

But I'm also not exactly helping in the regard. I don't really reply to alot of topics and stuff in forums unless it is something that interests me and/or I feel like I can me a good reply to nowadays. There was a time I would post a lot in a forum and rack-up a good post count and ect... and sometime it even got me in trouble for spam but that was a good long while ago, this was also when I use to be a part of DA hell I may even still be on the top poster list for that site for all I know as I had racked up a lot of posts there. That's just how I am, but if more things were posted that catch my interest I would probably post more on the forum, or I could try creating topics myself but I don't really see the incentive with the current forum activity unfortunately.

Just my overall thoughts on the matter.

_________________
avatar
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Posts : 126
Magician Credits : 500
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-10-14
Location : Somewhere Magical

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Lord Beerus on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:47 pm

@Yuuki Yuna wrote:(and don't do a good job at it either, shots)

You really are trying to say that i haven't run a successful place? Well i have run a place that was successful which was my first academy it was running smoothly for 3 days until someone took it down. not gonna name who but you get the gist from that point on i decided to just be a staff member at academies which in fact were successful. (Like for example Volcanic Duel Academy, Red-eyes Duel Academy, Gishki Duel Academy, Interest industries(Gishki 2.0) Banished Academy(Volcanic 2.0)
avatar
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Posts : 965
Magician Credits : 242
Age : 16
Join date : 2015-03-21

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Yuuki Yuna on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:07 am

Yukio Okumura wrote:
@Yuuki Yuna wrote:(and don't do a good job at it either, shots)

You really are trying to say that i haven't run a successful place? Well i have run a place that was successful which was my first academy it was running smoothly for 3 days until someone took it down. not gonna name who but you get the gist from that point on i decided to just be a staff member at academies which in fact were successful. (Like for example Volcanic Duel Academy, Red-eyes Duel Academy, Gishki Duel Academy, Interest industries(Gishki 2.0) Banished Academy(Volcanic 2.0)
Successful? In the short term, sure, but in the long term: no. Short Term Success = Knowing people to temporary keep your forum alive. Short Term Success =/ High Quality.

_________________
avatar
Yuuki Yuna

Posts : 65
Magician Credits : 182
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Lord Beerus on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:54 am

@Yuuki Yuna wrote:
Yukio Okumura wrote:
@Yuuki Yuna wrote:(and don't do a good job at it either, shots)

You really are trying to say that i haven't run a successful place? Well i have run a place that was successful which was my first academy it was running smoothly for 3 days until someone took it down. not gonna name who but you get the gist from that point on i decided to just be a staff member at academies which in fact were successful. (Like for example Volcanic Duel Academy, Red-eyes Duel Academy, Gishki Duel Academy, Interest industries(Gishki 2.0) Banished Academy(Volcanic 2.0)
Successful? In the short term, sure, but in the long term: no. Short Term Success =  Knowing people to temporary keep your forum alive. Short Term Success =/ High Quality.

Your statement is nothing but false. I had people recruiting for my first academy out the fucking ass in the 3 day span i had over 50 Members registered on the site and you want to tell me that it was just me knowing people that allowed my forum to be alive for a short amount of time? Don't even give me that fucking bullshit. A little Prick Named Neko or thundermaw is the one that took it fucking down and do you want to know how? A friend of mine and Legions named Mar gave him the pass and name to his account to neko because i was the one who got "Legion banned from solaire" which resulted in me getting banned from the site as well.
avatar
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Posts : 965
Magician Credits : 242
Age : 16
Join date : 2015-03-21

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Albedo on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:42 am

InB4 I care much less now anyways. Solaire is dead and few places are left. I will look to the future. I believe this topic has become rather debatable to keep open. At the moment here is what I see shots firing in both directions that are not constructive and do not fit why this topic was made in the first place. Right now from what I have been observing, this topic while meant to be good and helpful has become a hotspot for irrelevant and degrading activities. (IE-A couple things above.) Amazing to me how civilized conversation can never stay that way.

_________________
Moderator
Mistress of Nazarick
avatar
Albedo

Posts : 122
Magician Credits : 281
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Great Tomb of Nazarick

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame000

http://www.thegamestand.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by α27theDemonKnight on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:12 am

a27theDemonKnight wrote:Now if everyone could stop flooding the thread with useless posts that do not serve any progressive input
And post your opinionated progress inputs instead of getting in each others way
That would be great.

Can you fools NOT start flaming or firing shots at each other please?
I am angered by this.

Anyone who gets in the way of data collection will feel my judgement.

This thread.
There will be no locks. Yet.
Any future posts in this thread I deem unworthy will be eliminated without notice.

_________________
"He's the hero MADA deserves,
but not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our hero.
He's a silent guardian,
a watchful protector.
The Demon Knight"
avatar
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Posts : 1372
Magician Credits : 7288
Age : 22
Join date : 2015-03-16
Location : Fusion Dimension

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety3003
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Lux0402 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:29 am

Legionheart wrote:InB4 I care much less now anyways. Solaire is dead and few places are left. I will look to the future. I believe this topic has become rather debatable to keep open. At the moment here is what I see shots firing in both directions that are not constructive and do not fit why this topic was made in the first place. Right now from what I have been observing, this topic while meant to be good and helpful has become a hotspot for irrelevant and degrading activities. (IE-A couple things above.) Amazing to me how civilized conversation can never stay that way.

It was destinied to be like that, a topic such as this one was never gonna stay civilized, unfortunately. Things like these should be sent via PM, in my opinion, not be discussed in public.
avatar
Lux0402

Posts : 11
Magician Credits : 36
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Flare on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:17 am

I might be a little late to this topic. But I wanted to give my own criticism.

Of a lot of academies that I've been on, MADA is one of the best I've seen in terms of admins. A lot that I've been on have that stereotypical power hungry admins that try to intimidate others but in MADA, all 3 of the admins are very understanding and down to Earth.

As far as mods go, Patchouli follows more of the power hungry user archetype. Instead of the understanding, he is prone to suggest punishment rather quickly before getting to understand the whole situation. This is only based from what I've seen, I might be mistaken. Jackachu is very down to Earth and relaxed but doesn't really do much. At first I thought these were the only 2 mods only to discover recently that there is a third mod known as Craig. Solely based from what I've seen when I have been, he doesn't do much either and tends to be absent. I might be mistaken, please correct me if I'm wrong about certain details.

As Mimgram said most of the activity happens in the chat. To me I don't think that's a bad thing just as long as the forums are accommodated to regularly. I was informed that the drop in posts more or less coincided because of DN being taken down. Which is understandable since, besides Pokemon tournaments, there are not a lot of events going on, I'm sure there was much more events when DN was on, I'm taking a guess since I wasn't on MADA when DN was up.

That being said, I love this place a lot. I've met a lot of fun people and I hope this forum continues for a long time. I'll do my best as a user to be active in chat and on the forums.

_________________


avatar
Flare

Posts : 88
Magician Credits : 805
Join date : 2016-07-17
Location : VPN

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Yuuki Yuna on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:35 pm

@Flare wrote:As far as mods go, Patchouli follows more of the power hungry user archetype. Instead of the understanding, he is prone to suggest punishment rather quickly before getting to understand the whole situation.
I disagree with your reasoning. Power is meant to be used, not worn. And just by looking at ban reports, excluding the admins, he is the only mod that has filled out a ban report as of recently. Being powerhungry just means you want more power/authority, and what you're saying doesn't qualify someone for being powerhungry. Yet again, I haven't seen enough of the mods do mod things to be able to judge myself.

What you are trying to describe is being corrupt, and to me, there is two forms of corruption: Using your power all of the time, and not using your power at all. The first most people are able to recognize as being corrupt. If you're banning people left and right for no reason, then that's being corrupt. I don't need to explain that. However, the 2nd one I'd say you would see in the moreso powerhungry type. If someone honestly doesn't know how to moderate a chat, then it's the admin's responsibility to teach them. But even if they do or don't know how to moderate, if someone is breaking the rules, and that mod does nothing to the person breaking rules, then would you think they are a good moderator? Of course not, and I'd argue that they are corrupt, because if that one mod didn't do anything to the first person breaking rules, then they wouldn't do anything if another person started to break rules (unless they learned). In which case, it just starts chaos.

_________________
avatar
Yuuki Yuna

Posts : 65
Magician Credits : 182
Join date : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Earth Guardian (Zolfo) on Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:07 am

@Yuuki Yuna wrote: And just by looking at ban reports.
shit, then most likely you saw mine, or you're looking at it after reading this post e,e

_________________

Zolfo AKA Pyro or Magma Golem
Current Metalfoes and former Shaddoll duelist.
Mastered the way of the Skill drain,
but not the way of the Six Samurai.
Find me on PSN: Pyro107Xx,
if you play console Minecraft.




Zolfo's Waifu: Vivian Nefertari
avatar
Earth Guardian (Zolfo)
Terramancer

Posts : 232
Magician Credits : 1265
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-12-27
Location : Where ever you want it to be ;)

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7lzESX21PjCHffIXKctsuw

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuuki Yuna Reviews MADA

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum