Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Arc V Yuto on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

So with worlds right around the corner and the potential for a new banlist very close I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were about possible changes on the banlist. List cards you think will get hit or deserve to come back, like a dream banlist for the upcoming format.

Current banlist: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't wait to see what you all think will happen ^.^


_________________
Murder + Love, what a perfect combination for madness.
Lord of Xyz, bringer of peace and justice!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Arc V Yuto
The Phantom Duelist

Posts : 1036
Magician Credits : 692
Age : 18
Join date : 2014-11-18
Location : Heartland

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty100--
Notoriety12501
Fame000

Back to top Go down


Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Zaio Volnutt on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:12 am

My bad Zenmaity

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Posts : 593
Magician Credits : 7331
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-11-07
Location : Italy

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame253050

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Starfox Falco on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:03 pm

bring tempest to 1

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starfox Falco

Posts : 127
Magician Credits : 1653
Age : 17
Join date : 2015-05-22
Location : The Moon

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kiernan on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:52 am

Assuming by "Tempest" you mean the Dragon Ruler. If any one Ruler were to be brought back it'd probably be Redox or Blaster. Tidal has Mermails and Tempest has Dragunity. Not that either deck is all that broken, but Redox and Blaster barely saw play in other decks except as niche cards, and what they can search generally isn't all that great.

_________________
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."
~George R.R. Martin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Sometimes I drink coffee at 3:57 a.m., only I call it beer, and it's really purple wine, disguised as clear distilled water, taken from my invisible car's radiator. She used to like radiator water too, so this also serves as a self-reminder to never share a glass with someone who has had hepatitis.”
avatar
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Posts : 1280
Magician Credits : 5949
Join date : 2015-08-30

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame52960

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Lord Beerus on Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:01 am

Banned

NOTHING

Limited

El Shaddoll Construct

Chicken Game

Wavering Eyes

Snatch Steal

Dante, Traveler Of The Burning Abyss

Solemn Notice

Blaster, Dragon Ruler Of Infernos

Semi-Limited

Twin Twister

Kozmotown

Kozmojo

Upstart Goblin

Foolish Burial

Gold Sarcophagus

Unlimited

Honest

Charge Of The Light Brigade

Allure Of Darkness

Dragon Ravine

Summoner Monk

_________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]|[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]|[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Posts : 964
Magician Credits : 232
Age : 17
Join date : 2015-03-21

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Khina Bree on Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:30 am

Aurora wrote:
Banned

NOTHING

Limited

El Shaddoll Construct

Chicken Game

Wavering Eyes

Snatch Steal

Dante, Traveler Of The Burning Abyss

Solemn Notice

Blaster, Dragon Ruler Of Infernos

Semi-Limited

Twin Twister

Kozmotown

Kozmojo

Upstart Goblin

Foolish Burial

Gold Sarcophagus

Unlimited

Honest

Charge Of The Light Brigade

Allure Of Darkness

Dragon Ravine

Summoner Monk

I highly doubt we will see Chicken Game or Wavering Eyes so soon

Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Posts : 2567
Magician Credits : 823
Age : 27
Join date : 2015-02-20

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty150--
Notoriety15001
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by HoennZach on Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Len Kagamine wrote:
HoennZach wrote:Monarchs
Ban Pantheism and Stormforth
Pantheism gives them pluses way too easily, and I just think its a terribly designed card
Stormforth was never a problem until they became relevant because now they can abuse its quick play potential to its fullest and resolve their Monarch effs on your turn while tributing your monsters.
No touches to Domain because these two hits already hurt Monarchs a lot and most current builds do not run Domain at all opting to go for the utility that an extra deck can bring over doing a lock that can easily be mstd/twin twistered.
I mean, Stormforth into Ehther is no worse than trap spam and requires about the same amount of resources. Escalation isn't run often anymore, so the main relevance of Stormforth being a quick play is Ehther. Kuraz off of Ehther is disruptive but the opponent only loses tempo, not card advantage. Stormforth is not an issue.

Also, found it funny you'd say Domain doesn't need to be touched when all the Monarch builds that topped nats ran Domain.

HoennZach wrote:TGU to 2...

... Allure of Darkness to 3
I don't agree with either of these personally. TGU is still powerful. Allure at 3 is just asking for shenanigans.


HoennZach wrote:Lavalval Chain and Exciton to 1
These are just personal picks for me. I want Lavalval to come back because I love using him in combo decks to speed up my plays and having just 1 would prevent the zombie xyz loop/ftk and Exciton really punished Pendulum players for going Pend 5 every turn. I felt like neither of them should have been banned and helps more decks than hurt the state of yugioh as a whole
"Exciton punished Pendulum players"
No. It didn't. It punished everything else for establishing a board. Pend is the only thing it didn't really punish. If it wasn't as easy to summon, it'd be fine. But 2 level 4s making a better BRD? That's dumb. And if it's activated as CL2 or higher it makes all the when/can stuff miss timing. Also, Lavalval Chain had the hit coming. It opens up too many plays in too many decks.

Zaio Volnutt wrote:i think a few cards should be let out of the banlist

. Wind-Up Zenmaioh- Wind ups are irrelevant now
. Sangan- Errata made it shit
. Super Rejuv- just to promote blue eyes more since other dragon decks are irrelevant since D-rulers are gone now.

Zenmaioh isn't banned C=
Thing is stormforth is way too good with Monarchs current support. Monarchs go ofd, your turn you dedicate resources into something just to put a board up, they stormforth and go off, then their turn they go off. I know Stormforth isnt the one causing them to go off, but it makes it a lot harder to answer what they do/play in general because you know your going to lose a monster of their choosing. Also Domain isnt the problem card in the deck. From what Ive seen Domain builds just pop in and out of flavor so since they are doing good with and without the card then it isnt the problem like so many people believe and the hits would be better placed elsewhere

TGU I said that should happen if Dante gets limited because Terrortop is just a much safer card overall since it doesnt eat a normal to go into the xyz, and Allure is just a prediction since they seem to be lightening up on it

What do you mean Exciton doesnt punish pends? He clears their scales, and I never felt he wad broken when we had him. When he was legal everyone played around him. Didnt have cards to stop him? Then dont overcommit and if the Exciton does enter the field and get destroyed then your pretty much free to throw everything out. Also Lavalval should only go to 1. It opening up plays for a wide variety of decks should be a reason it should be in the game instead of out of it. And as long as its at 1 then you cant do stupid unfair crap like the infinite XYZ Zombie loop amd decks like Infernity can actually play again.


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
HoennZach
Sharpened Snake

Posts : 154
Magician Credits : 328
Join date : 2015-07-27

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kiernan on Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Infernity won worlds at one point due to Lavalval Chain. And Lavalval Chain aided in loops. It was altogether not a balanced card. It would be even less balanced with the current speed of the metagame.

Again, Stormforth is not a problem. Removal isn't ridiculously broken anymore. I mean, I don't see anyone arguing that Scattershot is broken. It's non-targeting removal in opponent's turn as well. And it gets rid of every monster. It's good in a specific deck. Just like Stormforth is.
Stormforth hardly makes the deck unbalanced. Its searchability is a factor perhaps, but again I'd say to go after the searchers which put the deck at one's fingertips rather than one of the lesser cards of the deck that merely serves to add versatility.

Tour Guide is inherently unbalanced. Saying that there's a card "more broken" doesn't make it less unbalanced. Terrortop should be limited/banned as well, honestly. I'm not saying it will be, but it's a power play that goes into a lot of decks and opens up a lot of plays.

Allure is personal preference on my end, honestly. If Kozmotown takes a hit, I'd be alright with Allure going to 3 I suppose. But Dark decks don't particularly need the boost in my opinion.

Exciton didn't punish pends that badly unless it was late-game. They could pend 5 from extra (the cards destroyed by Exciton) with the scales in hand easily enough. It punished decks that weren't as plus-heavy as others and relied on field advantage alone to win. Overall, I didn't really find it a fair card. It just had too much going for it, same as Lavalval Chain. It generated too much advantage for what it took to summon it.

_________________
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."
~George R.R. Martin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Sometimes I drink coffee at 3:57 a.m., only I call it beer, and it's really purple wine, disguised as clear distilled water, taken from my invisible car's radiator. She used to like radiator water too, so this also serves as a self-reminder to never share a glass with someone who has had hepatitis.”
avatar
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Posts : 1280
Magician Credits : 5949
Join date : 2015-08-30

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame52960

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by HoennZach on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:53 pm

As long as Lavalval is at 1 then most if not all loops that need it are dead. Also correct me if Im wrong but didnt they also have 3 soul charge? Not trying say they could have topped without Chain because it did help the deck immensely, but it wasnt the only factor because if it was then they wouldve topped sooner.

Stormforth doesnt just get rid of something, it lets your opponent use whatever you dumped resources into as a combo piece letting them plus extremely hard while eliminating potential problems, then when they are done and you end turn, they just start plussing even more while you have a weak board

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
HoennZach
Sharpened Snake

Posts : 154
Magician Credits : 328
Join date : 2015-07-27

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Lord Beerus on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Lexie Inkweaver wrote:
Aurora wrote:
Banned

NOTHING

Limited

El Shaddoll Construct

Chicken Game

Wavering Eyes

Snatch Steal

Dante, Traveler Of The Burning Abyss

Solemn Notice

Blaster, Dragon Ruler Of Infernos

Semi-Limited

Twin Twister

Kozmotown

Kozmojo

Upstart Goblin

Foolish Burial

Gold Sarcophagus

Unlimited

Honest

Charge Of The Light Brigade

Allure Of Darkness

Dragon Ravine

Summoner Monk

I highly doubt we will see Chicken Game or Wavering Eyes so soon

Well it is Konmoney we are talking about

_________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]|[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]|[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Posts : 964
Magician Credits : 232
Age : 17
Join date : 2015-03-21

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kiernan on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:01 pm

HoennZach wrote:As long as Lavalval is at 1 then most if not all loops that need it are dead.  Also correct me if Im wrong but didnt they also have 3 soul charge? Not trying say they could have topped without Chain because it did help the deck immensely, but it wasnt the only factor because if it was then they wouldve topped sooner.

Soul Charge is still somewhat of an issue in my mind, primarily in synchro turbo builds. The issue also isn't exclusively the loops. It's the raw power of Lavalval Chain. Just because your intentions are relatively innocent does not mean that everyone's are. There are plenty of degenerate decks out there that would love to see Lavalval Chain back.

HoennZach wrote:Stormforth doesnt just get rid of something, it lets your opponent use whatever you dumped resources into as a combo piece letting them plus extremely hard while eliminating potential problems, then when they are done and you end turn, they just start plussing even more while you have a weak board

Stormforth doesn't turn something into a combo piece. It helps fulfill a requirement, sure. Doesn't make it a combo piece. Sure, it can be nasty, but again: it is NOT the problem card. If anything, you should be going after Ehther, which is what allows the Monarch player to use Stormforth in the opponent's turn. And I wouldn't agree with you going after that either, in all honesty, simply because there are more problematic cards in Monarch. Tenacity, Prime, and Pantheism are all logical potential Monarch S/T hits. Stormforth... you have yet to razzle-dazzle me with logic on.

HoennZach wrote:eliminating potential problems, then when they are done and you end turn, they just start plussing even more while you have a weak board

And also your argument here about Stormforth doesn't make sense. You basically defined what removal is... Eliminating a problem and leaving the opponent with a weaker board so that you can generate advantage more easily.

_________________
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."
~George R.R. Martin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Sometimes I drink coffee at 3:57 a.m., only I call it beer, and it's really purple wine, disguised as clear distilled water, taken from my invisible car's radiator. She used to like radiator water too, so this also serves as a self-reminder to never share a glass with someone who has had hepatitis.”
avatar
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Posts : 1280
Magician Credits : 5949
Join date : 2015-08-30

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame52960

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Umbreon<3 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:18 pm

Sigh,pls learn the metagame before making lists,not all of you just some.Konami don't care about "fun" players,we been over this 100+ times.Anyways based off last format and Ocg hits here's a rough idea

Banned:
Something irrelevantly stupid that has an instant win

Limited:
Demise-Card has been busted since day 1,not just in Kozmo,Yosen etc.TBH,Upstart was more balanced than this,GDI Konami

Panth-Monarchs have gone on too long w/o a hit,so since the vassel recycles anyways,just hit this to one.Makes ppl think before they use it recklessly.

Tincan-Read above,plus Kozmo went hitless so far,E-tele didn't do shit to em tbh.

Cyber-Stein-Why not,Konami unbanned Snatch,they proved countless times they're fucking morons.

Sorceror-Just to finally kill Pepe variants once and for all

Well there's the meta hits(expect more),now for the random shit

PK Fog Blade-they wont hit Dante,so hit a PK,slow it down a tad,BA with Kozmo and Monarch getting hits need one too

Semi-Nothing yet

Unlimited-nothing
avatar
Umbreon<3

Posts : 44
Magician Credits : 209
Join date : 2015-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Zaio Volnutt on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:20 pm

Umbreon<3 wrote:
PK Fog Blade-they wont hit Dante,so hit a PK,slow it down a tad,BA with Kozmo and Monarch getting hits need one too

Unlimited-nothing

Uhhhh dont know why your saying dante wont get hit. Its not profitable for konami anymore, and if they hit something thats new then its a bad market move. PK can stay for a while although i can think of Terrortop be hit since it promotes a 1 card rank 3 which out does Tourguide.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Posts : 593
Magician Credits : 7331
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-11-07
Location : Italy

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame253050

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kiernan on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:47 pm

Um... Fog Blade doesn't need a hit, really. If anything it'd be one of the PK monsters, but as Zaio said, Konami tends to steer clear of the new stuff unless it's a serious issue (which doesn't happen that often). Dante is a problem card.

Tincan is a laughable hit, but really, not many hits would faze Kozmo other than Destroyer. Kozmo also has yet to do anything of actual relevance in the metagame as far as I'm concerned, so I guess Tincan is an okay hit. Slows them down slightly, but still gives Kozmo the chance to prove itself to some extent. Orrrr Konami might actually want the deck to get the hell outta da metagame.

/shrug

_________________
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."
~George R.R. Martin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Sometimes I drink coffee at 3:57 a.m., only I call it beer, and it's really purple wine, disguised as clear distilled water, taken from my invisible car's radiator. She used to like radiator water too, so this also serves as a self-reminder to never share a glass with someone who has had hepatitis.”
avatar
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Posts : 1280
Magician Credits : 5949
Join date : 2015-08-30

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame52960

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Umbreon<3 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:23 pm

I lgeit picked a random pk/ba card tbh,if dante gets hit,rip ba,about timeJust think they're gonna get let ba die to powercreep tbh
avatar
Umbreon<3

Posts : 44
Magician Credits : 209
Join date : 2015-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kiernan on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:24 pm

That might have been their plan from the get-go, but it's becoming increasingly evident that that is not going to happen and that something needs to give. Might as well be Dante, honestly.

_________________
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."
~George R.R. Martin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Sometimes I drink coffee at 3:57 a.m., only I call it beer, and it's really purple wine, disguised as clear distilled water, taken from my invisible car's radiator. She used to like radiator water too, so this also serves as a self-reminder to never share a glass with someone who has had hepatitis.”
avatar
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Posts : 1280
Magician Credits : 5949
Join date : 2015-08-30

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame52960

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Umbreon<3 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:26 pm

yea if it happens,I'm cool with it,I had my fun with BA topping Regionals one last time
avatar
Umbreon<3

Posts : 44
Magician Credits : 209
Join date : 2015-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Arc V Yuto on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:56 am

Hello everyone this would be my banlist predictions for the upcoming format. These cards that are on this list is what I think will happen and not what will actually happen, so please do not be offended by the cards I list.

Banned:

Performapal Monkeyboard: This card is what allows you to set up a one card scale, it's pendulum effect is searching any Performapal including another pendulum Performapal, Monkeyboard sets up too much pressure that you have to react to quickly or you will be flooded by monsters in a matter of seconds. I feel like this is the best card Performapals have and justly deserves the ban.

Magical Explosion: This card has been a prime suspect in the Magical Explosion OTK deck and to me has been a reason we have lost consistency cards such as Upstart Goblin. With this card gone Magical Explosion OTK won't even be a thing anymore as this is the main finisher card in the deck and without they cannot preform the OTK.

Wind-Up Hunter: This is the card that made for the Wind-up loop back in the day when Wind-Ups were so popular, with this card banned I believe Konami could start releasing other Wind-Up cards off their list.

Limited:

Kozmo Dark Destroyer: This card in particular is the one everyone hates in the deck. It's 3000, can't be targeted, and brings out literally any other Kozmo when it's destroyed, as well as disrupting the opponents plays. I see this card as doing a little too much for the Kozmo deck.

Edea, the Heavenly Squire: This card brings out Edios which allows for another Normal summon in the Monarch deck. It floats whenever it hits the graveyard fetching you a banished Monarch spell and to round things up you only need one as it can be brought back with Edios effect in the graveyard. With this card at one Monarch players won't be able to just throw out their Edea's and will have to think of when it is the right time to use Edea.

Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss: Burning Abyss as a deck has been around for almost 2 years and has seen competitive play ever since it's release back in Duelist Alliance, I feel like people are tired of seeing this deck as a whole and Dante being a catalyst for other decks success. Dante brings a lot to other archetypes that have graveyard effects, such as Phantom Knights and Infernoids. With Dante at one Burning Abyss players won't be able to wall up on 2 to 3 Dante's in one turn and will have to play making Dante carefully.

Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss: The loop between Cir and Dante is rather annoying to deal with as it always makes the opponent deal with a 2500 defense Dante, having multiple Cir's makes this looping that much more annoying, and I feel like Burning Abyss should be taken out of the meta as a whole.

Shurit Strategist of the Nekroz: This is the one card that allowed Nekroz to be so good, without it Nekroz cannot function properly at all, now sure this might just be my bias opinion but with this card at one I feel like Nekroz will still do nothing. It allows the deck to merely be alive and make it's power plays like every deck should be able to.

El Shaddoll Construct: I know a lot of Shaddoll players will be extremely happy if this card comes back, this was Shaddoll's main Fusion to go into and it did a lot for the deck, with it at one Shaddoll's will be that much more playable but nowhere close to what they use to be able to do.

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity: This card to me deserves to come back as Wind-ups won't do anything in the format we are approaching, it would give the deck so of it's old power and allow Wind-up players to do more with their decks.

Pantheism of the Monarchs: This card is Monarchs best card. It does too much, allowing them to turbo through their deck and get a free add by banishing it, with this card at one it would lower the consistency of Monarchs as they would have to use their Pantheism one time and not have the ability to turbo through their deck.

Majespecter Unicorn- Kirin: The card has been splashed in other Pendulum decks as a way to deal with the opponent, with it at one it would still be annoying but would lower the consistency with them always opening it.

Semi-limits

Reinforcements of the Army
Solemn Strike
Twin Twisters
Nekroz of Unicore
Wind-Up Magician
Performapal Skullcrobat Joker
Infernity Archfiend
Infernity Barrier
Rescue Rabbit
Mathematician
Ritual Beast Ulti-Canahawk

Unlimted

Upstart Goblin
Atlantean Dragoons  
Honest
Allure of Darkness
Card Trooper
Dragon's Ravine
Dark Hole
Inzektor Hornet

Thank you all for checking out what I think will happen to the banlist for possible hits and unbans. Have a wonderful day.

_________________
Murder + Love, what a perfect combination for madness.
Lord of Xyz, bringer of peace and justice!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Arc V Yuto
The Phantom Duelist

Posts : 1036
Magician Credits : 692
Age : 18
Join date : 2014-11-18
Location : Heartland

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty100--
Notoriety12501
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kiernan on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Tormentor wrote:
Magical Explosion: This card has been a prime suspect in the Magical Explosion OTK deck and to me has been a reason we have lost consistency cards such as Upstart Goblin. With this card gone Magical Explosion OTK won't even be a thing anymore as this is the main finisher card in the deck and without they cannot preform the OTK.

Um. Magical Explosion isn't really the card that makes it all possible. Life Equalizer is. Without it, the OTK isn't really possible, and Life Equalizer enables other degenerate decks to be, well, degenerate. Like don't get me wrong-- I still hate Magical Explosion, but without it, honestly, the deck would just use something like Blasting the Ruins.


Tormentor wrote:Edea, the Heavenly Squire: This card brings out Edios which allows for another Normal summon in the Monarch deck. It floats whenever it hits the graveyard fetching you a banished Monarch spell and to round things up you only need one as it can be brought back with Edios effect in the graveyard. With this card at one Monarch players won't be able to just throw out their Edea's and will have to think of when it is the right time to use Edea.

Edea's a solid card, but it's less of a problem then you make it out to be. Most builds now only run 1-2 (usually 2) and also, you're bumping ROTA to 2, largely nullifying the "less consistency" factor. 1 Edea with 2-3 Eidos would still be possible. Maybe not as feasible, but it would result in little loss of speed. Plus Edea is highly prone to negation. It's not typically a "safe" play. Most Monarch players don't "throw out their Edeas" unless they have no other way to make a play or are reasonably certain it won't be interfered with.

Tormentor wrote:Shurit Strategist of the Nekroz: This is the one card that allowed Nekroz to be so good, without it Nekroz cannot function properly at all, now sure this might just be my bias opinion but with this card at one I feel like Nekroz will still do nothing. It allows the deck to merely be alive and make it's power plays like every deck should be able to.
I disagree with this because Shurit adds a bit too much power to the deck. Most applicable similar card I can think of is Spellbook of Judgment. Without it, Prophecy is garbage, but with it, it's pretty busted. On the other hand... I'd love to have the little shota back... =3

Tormentor wrote:Twin Twisters
WHY THE TWIN TWISTER HATE GUYS? Like seriously... Best case scenario, it's like a +1. And OCG has Feather Duster and they're fine... Witha potential +4 .-. Plus Twin Twister hurts Pendulum decks by killing their scales, which is a way that Konami has of semi-balancing pends.

Tormentor wrote:Nekroz of Unicore
This I'd agree with, but certainly not if you wanted Shurit at one again.

Tormentor wrote:Infernity Archfiend
Infernity's had its time to shine twice, both in Xyz-heavy form and synchro-heavy form. I think that Archfiend deserves its spot on the limited list.

_________________
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."
~George R.R. Martin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Sometimes I drink coffee at 3:57 a.m., only I call it beer, and it's really purple wine, disguised as clear distilled water, taken from my invisible car's radiator. She used to like radiator water too, so this also serves as a self-reminder to never share a glass with someone who has had hepatitis.”
avatar
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Posts : 1280
Magician Credits : 5949
Join date : 2015-08-30

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame52960

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Rea on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:07 pm

well then, seeing all these lists, its now time for me to make an inaccurate shitty guess:

BANNED:
Pantheism Monarchs - this thing gets up to way too much bull for its own good, powers through the deck, searches easily and is recycled way to goddamn easily for its own good..even though this thing would probably be better at one, i think a good amount of people would rather see it banned.

Performapal Monkeyboard - on its own its basically an instant scale it either grabs a high-scaled performapal that isnt skullcrobat joker, or it grabs skullcrobat joker and skullcrobat joker search for whatever the hell it needs.

Speedroid Terrortop - this is just mostly personal bias, but this thing is a major problem, the raw spammability and search, and access to basically any and every rank 3 without limits...and Phantomknight Speedroids with Dante. Terrortop + Taketomborg is pretty damn broke imo.

LIMITED:
Tenacity of the Monarchs - Search everything, instant stormforth(or pandeity to grab the stormforth), aand because from what ive seen konami has a history of hitting the spammy searchers in the past...

Domain of the True Monarch - Self Explanatory, extra deck killer and your fucked if you dont have a TT or MST handy. this is also a personal bias hit just because its a really easily searchable and annoying card to deal with

Dante - everyone wants dante to 1. shit like the PK Speedroids will just keep coming back as long as this thing exists.

Solemn Strike - Very Bias here, its basically solemn warning for 500 less lp fused with a discardless divine wrath.

Twin Twisters - another biased hit, but for good reason, its a very problematic card too me. i remmeber having discussions with friends in the past about this card. and a conclusion was made: this card combined with solemn strike is really suffocating a large amount of the rogue decks out there...along with i guess kozmos to a degree. a lot of shit would probably be happy to see this thing at one

Card of Demise - Antimeta bullshit, encourages "set 5 good luck have fun i negate all your shit" playstyles. really fucking biased hit but this thing doesnt need to exist.

Kozmo Dark Destroyer - 3000 attack, nontargetable, free monster destruction, floaty-ass motherfucker.

Kozmo Tincan - Whack Kozmo Tincan Turbo right where it counts, in the Tincan.

Sangan - they errata'd him to meh status, just give us sangan already damnit.

Stellarknight Triverr - a very highly bias hit...but i know how annoying this thing is because ive spammed it before. a hit probably a lot of people would like to see, this would put a stop to the most brainless of tellarknights' moves: constant triverr looping.

Semi Limited:

Kozmotown - because idfk

Speedroid Taketomborg - because speedroid bias and hate is strong af

RotA - just release RotA damnit, its had its time on the limited list methinks, let the warrior decks have their time again.

Unlimited:

nothing




_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Rea

Posts : 925
Magician Credits : 1510
Age : 20
Join date : 2015-02-12
Location : ●︿●

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty2--
Notoriety30201
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kira Yoshikage on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Banned:
Performapal Monkeyboard. This card is a 1-card scale, which is something that shouldn't exist. Like, ever.

Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss. THIS CARD. THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE. IT's the problem! Not Terrortop, not Tour Guide and not Phantom Knights. DANTE is the problem and always has been.

Card of Demise. Demise stun decks have had their fair share of fun. Konami can hit this shit now that it's been a thing for 2 formats.

Gem-Knight Seraphinite. Because of facking Monarchs.

Limited:

Elemental HERO - Stratos. Just throwin' this shoutout to A27 in here.

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier. I'm not gonna make any comment on this, I just don't think it'll happen.... But I'd love it. ._.

Emergency Teleport. This will be the first of many nails in the coffin Konami will give to Kozmos.

Pantheism of the Monarchs. So, Pot of Greed is banned but this shit is at 3?

The Monarchs Stormforth. Too much utility, advantage and consistency wrapped into one chainable spell card.

Ehther, the Heavenly Monarch. This card is insane. Stormforth Ehther on the opponent's turn is the dumbest shit I have ever seen in my life.

Kozmo Dark Destroyer. Half of the decks in the game could actually compete if it got hit.

Kozmotown. Uhh...... Personal bias.

El Shaddoll Construct. Shaddolls literally need Construct to be any good again. Multiple is way too broken, but one should be just fine.

Evilswarm Exciton Knight. This card is of VERY NECISSARY ebol. e_e

Instant Fusion. Because it's Konami.

Twin Twisters: More personal bias.

Semi limited:

Preparation of Rites. Konami's gotta push them Cyber Angels :Kappa:

Solemn Strike. Konami WILL do this. I'm calling it.

Upstart Goblin. Just a gut feeling....

Performapal Skullcrobat Joker. Because Monkeyboard being banned will make this less of a threat.

Ulimited:

Allure of Darkness. It came to 2, so I think it'll be at 3.

Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk. This card being at 1 didn't do much to hurt the power of this deck, tbh...

Thousand-Eyes Restrict. The card hasn't done jackshit and isn't relevant. Gg Konami.

_________________
"Hidden in my heart, my passionate feelings are dreams of the future and the risk of death. The dream has began to move, with the limits already heard. The road leading to that place seems to me to bestruck with dazzlingly bright light." La-Vie, Freedom
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Smash mains: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Kira Yoshikage

Posts : 953
Magician Credits : 116
Age : 18
Join date : 2014-10-26
Location : Harlem, Georgia, U.S.A.
Admins Comment : Pft. this guy's a Turkey.

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety2001
Fame000

https://black-whirlwind-acad.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Khina Bree on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:10 pm

I highly doubt E Tele will be hit any further honestly. It's literally the only good Psychic support card.

I agree Dark Destroyer needs the hit, bit doubt Town will go to 1. Likely a semi. As I've tried to point out: Kozmo is still Tcg only until October, so I doubt they will punish the deck any until ocg as it a while.

I agree with Seraphnite, Construct and Stratos. Solemn Strike I foresee as a limit due to its power. Just my own insight.

Otherwise a solid prediction

Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Posts : 2567
Magician Credits : 823
Age : 27
Join date : 2015-02-20

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty150--
Notoriety15001
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by mimgrim on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Joseph Joestar wrote:

Ulimited:
Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk. This card being at 1 didn't do much to hurt the power of this deck, tbh...

Your reasoning as why it will be unlimited is a joke right? I mean following that line of reasoning the natural conclusion would be to ban it, not unlimit it.

Even ignoring your faulty conclusion with that line of reasoning, I highly disagree with your stated reasoning.

Ulti Cana being at 1 hurt the deck by a sizable portion, saying otherwise makes me think someone doesn't truly understand how the deck works. Ulti Cana to 1 was a huge hit in consistency on a deck that already had consistency problems.

I think it should be made unlimited again because it was an unjust hit in the first place and because in the current meta it wouldn't really stand out and would have trouble competing with the current meta.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Posts : 126
Magician Credits : 500
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-10-14
Location : Somewhere Magical

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kira Yoshikage on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Let me clarify this.
It didn't hurt the consistency of the deck because Canna is recyclable, and you only needed to go off anyway.
Ritual Beasts have never been a "Good" deck technically speaking. The fact that they hit a card to 1 that you only needed 1 of to go off with anyway, in a deck that was never a top deck was completely unecissary. If they wanted to do something to RB's, they should have banned Hawk. Yeah I guess Rampengu was hurt, but it didn't hurt the deck itself enough to drop it a few tiers. That's just power creep.

_________________
"Hidden in my heart, my passionate feelings are dreams of the future and the risk of death. The dream has began to move, with the limits already heard. The road leading to that place seems to me to bestruck with dazzlingly bright light." La-Vie, Freedom
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Smash mains: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Kira Yoshikage

Posts : 953
Magician Credits : 116
Age : 18
Join date : 2014-10-26
Location : Harlem, Georgia, U.S.A.
Admins Comment : Pft. this guy's a Turkey.

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety2001
Fame000

https://black-whirlwind-acad.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by mimgrim on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 pm

It hella hurt the consistency of the deck becausr you had no spares. This means weaker Pengu plays which is a huge deal because you have to rely on regular Cana even more and to top it off you can only get to Cana now by drawing it or waiting out a Gold Sarc as Pengu can't get to it now because only 1 Ulti Cana to access. Not only that but if you lose that 1 Ulti Cana thats it, you screwed.

Its a major blow to the deck's consistency and saying otherwise just comes off as ignorant.

The hit did drop it a few tiers and it got powered creep'd.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Posts : 126
Magician Credits : 500
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-10-14
Location : Somewhere Magical

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kiernan on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:24 pm

So... Xavier said I'd been lazy about this. I'm just gonna address all the ones I'd missed now, I s'pose.
Aurora wrote:

Limited

Chicken Game

Wavering Eyes

Chicken Game was highly splashable and made degenerate decks that much more powerful. I'd love to see it back at 2, but that's obviously personal bias (because I used to run 2 in YZ Zefra).

Wavering Eyes was a +2 in the Pend mirror (if not more). Wavering also made Towers Turbo pretty damn consistent.

Aurora wrote:Semi-Limited

Twin Twister

Kozmojo

Guys. Honestly. Stop hating on Twin. I'm pretty sure 99% of you are just salty because you opened two Solemns and got them both nuked by Twin Twister.

Kozmojo? Really? A semi? When most builds run 1 to begin with? And it's never been an actual problem card?

Aurora wrote:Unlimited

Summoner Monk

This I'm gonna be biased about because I personally think that Monk opens up too many plays to be allowed at 3.

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:

Twin Twisters - another biased hit, but for good reason, its a very problematic card too me. i remmeber having discussions with friends in the past about this card. and a conclusion was made: this card combined with solemn strike is really suffocating a large amount of the rogue decks out there...along with i guess kozmos to a degree. a lot of shit would probably be happy to see this thing at one

Stellarknight Triverr - a very highly bias hit...but i know how annoying this thing is because ive spammed it before. a hit probably a lot of people would like to see, this would put a stop to the most brainless of tellarknights' moves: constant triverr looping.

YET ANOTHER TWIN TWISTER HATER. Moving on.

Triverr: I'd love to see it banned in all honesty. It's really Tellars' win condition. And a powerful one at that. With that being said, Tellars kinda need it. I'd say if Tellars actually does take Worlds, you might have a point. As it is, they're pretty much in the background, though they are not altogether out of the picture.

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Semi Limited:

Speedroid Taketomborg - because speedroid bias and hate is strong af

RotA - just release RotA damnit, its had its time on the limited list methinks, let the warrior decks have their time again.

RotA deserved what it got. Taketo is rarely run at more than 2 except in actual Speedroid decks (which are very obviously broken af, yo) and if Terrortop did get banned, Taketo would become significantly less powerful.


Joseph Joestar wrote:Banned:

Gem-Knight Seraphinite. Because of facking Monarchs.
I disagree with this ("this" referring primarily to your reasoning)
A) You have hit Monarchs enough already in your list.
B) Brilliant Fusion requires you to run bad, potentially dead, cards. Whenever I draw into my Lazulis I want to smash something.
C) I might have agreed with this hit had you used logic that had more substance behind it. (i.e. the Brilliant Fusion engine is highly splashable and aids in power plays and wombo combos, etc.)

Joseph Joestar wrote:Limited:

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier. I'm not gonna make any comment on this, I just don't think it'll happen.... But I'd love it. ._.

The Monarchs Stormforth. Too much utility, advantage and consistency wrapped into one chainable spell card.

Ehther, the Heavenly Monarch. This card is insane. Stormforth Ehther on the opponent's turn is the dumbest shit I have ever seen in my life.

Evilswarm Exciton Knight. This card is of VERY NECISSARY ebol. e_e

Instant Fusion. Because it's Konami.

Twin Twisters: More personal bias.

You are complaining about Twin Twister, yet you want Exciton back. Instant Fusion is less of a problem card than Norden is in all honesty. Ehther and Stormforth are a power play in the deck yes, but if you hit Tenacity and Pantheism (as you proposed earlier) the deck loses a significant amount of consistency. And we all know how consistent Monarchs were to begin with. Brionac is quite likely the most broken synchro to ever exist. At least you have no delusions about it coming back. It won't. I can pretty much guarantee that.

Joseph Joestar wrote:Semi limited:

Preparation of Rites. Konami's gotta push them Cyber Angels :Kappa:

Yeah... Because Cyber Angels need the help.

_________________
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."
~George R.R. Martin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Sometimes I drink coffee at 3:57 a.m., only I call it beer, and it's really purple wine, disguised as clear distilled water, taken from my invisible car's radiator. She used to like radiator water too, so this also serves as a self-reminder to never share a glass with someone who has had hepatitis.”
avatar
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Posts : 1280
Magician Credits : 5949
Join date : 2015-08-30

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety000
Fame52960

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum