Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

+9
Starfox Falco
Zaio Volnutt
mimgrim
Khina Bree
Blade_Viper
Kira Yoshikage
Shimazu Toyohisa
Kiernan
Arc V Yuto
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist Empty Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Arc V Yuto Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:42 pm

So with worlds right around the corner and the potential for a new banlist very close I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were about possible changes on the banlist. List cards you think will get hit or deserve to come back, like a dream banlist for the upcoming format.

Current banlist: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't wait to see what you all think will happen ^.^

Arc V Yuto
Arc V Yuto
The Phantom Duelist

Magician Credits : 665

Character sheet
BountyBounty100--
NotorietyNotoriety12501
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist Empty Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Kiernan Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:52 pm

Prediction:

Konami says, "Screw it," and unbans everything.

"We were scraping the bottom of the barrel with card games on motorcycles. We really have no idea why the hell you guys kept playing this garbage until now, but we'll keep making cards. Ridiculously broken cards. Until YGO turns into a set of 47 die rolls to determine world champion. GET YOUR GAME ON."
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 5903

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist Empty Re: Thoughts and predictions for a potential upcoming banlist

Post by Shimazu Toyohisa Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:42 am

Ban KOZMOS PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
Shimazu Toyohisa
Shimazu Toyohisa
MADA's Official Drifter

Magician Credits : 68
Admins Comment : Glow Expires on 27th December

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Yoshikage Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:48 am

#BanTwinTwisters
#LimitStrike
#FreemywaifuConstruct
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade_Viper Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:51 am

I feel like Dante will be either banned or limited to one. Either that or Tincan/Dark Destroyer. Break Sword won't be touched, at worst, Solemn strike will be limited. Possible Farmgirl limitation.
Blade_Viper
Blade_Viper
The Cleaner

Magician Credits : 170
Admins Comment : Glow Expires on 9/23/2016

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:36 am

I see a hit to Solemn strike as well. Dark destroyer and/or kozmojo getting limited. Not sure about kozmotown.

Dante might take a hit, but I'm not entirely sold on that.

I'd they hit Monarch stuff, I'd be fine seeing Pandeity hit.

I think it's high time we got Stratos back
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:42 pm

You all have one issue apiece with your suggestions .-.

Kojima wrote:Ban KOZMOS PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Kozmos have been one of the least relevant meta decks of the format. They're just the new Inzektors. They're not as good as the other decks, they just keep anything else from topping outside of the meta due to them outspeeding other decks. They get a fair amount of representation, but they do require a lot of skill to use (particularly vs. the Monarch matchup).

Light Yagami wrote:#BanTwinTwisters
#LimitStrike
#FreemywaifuConstruct

Twin Twisters isn't broken. You may find it annoying, but that doesn't mean it's gonna get hit. The fact that decks opt to use MST over Twin Twisters from time to time is a big fat indicator that Twin isn't a be-all end-all card. I like it because I hate backrow spam decks.

Blade_Viper wrote:I feel like Dante will be either banned or limited to one. Either that or Tincan/Dark Destroyer. Break Sword won't be touched, at worst, Solemn strike will be limited. Possible Farmgirl limitation.

Komzos only run 0-1 Farmgirl.

Lexie Inkweaver wrote:I see a hit to Solemn strike as well. Dark destroyer and/or kozmojo getting limited. Not sure about kozmotown.

Dante might take a hit, but I'm not entirely sold on that.

I'd they hit Monarch stuff, I'd be fine seeing Pandeity hit.

I think it's high time we got Stratos back

Kozmojo is only ever run at 1.

And also, you guys seem to be ignoring the two decks that took the NAWCQ by storm. Dante will get hit. Konami cannot ignore it any longer. Domain will get hit. Both of these are the only hits that I can think of that are actually 100% justified. They'll probably hit a couple of consistency cards in the other meta decks, just enough to water them down to make way for the new meta.
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Domain isn't a problem though, not from what I've seen so far.

(and I haven't "ignored NAWCQ"...I didnt see it)
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Yeah Domain isn't a problem at all. Locking the opponent's extra deck until they draw main decked removal is balanced.
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Only blocks the extra though. Does not stop main deck monsters at all. Does not have any protection on itself.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:24 pm

And it's not searchable either. And Majesty's Fiend certainly can't be summoned with Domain up!
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Solemn Strike getting limited is the only thing I'm sure will happen. Otherwise I haven"t been keeping up with the game, for various reasons, to really know. Not even sure on what the current meta looks like fully. Though probs could take a guess at what it looks like.

Free Ulti-Canahawk though please.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Magician Credits : 604

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Limit Kirin, that card doesnt even do jack in pure Majespecter

Limit Dante. BA had their time.

Limit Panthieism and/or Domain, The Domain Lock had their good run now beat it BRICKHEADS for Darklords are coming!

Maybe Limit, on Dark Destroyer but highly doubt it.

Semi Limit, Card of Demise for anti meta reasons

Semi Limit Solemn Strike, Give it the same Royal Treatment like Solemn Warning got on its Debut.

Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Magician Credits : 7307

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:31 pm

Zaio, why would they limit Kirin when it's not done much of anything relevant?
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Simple. Its very hard to kill, most cards cant get over it exception for Kozmos and its Compulse effect is annoying as hell since you can potentially reset your scale. Plus almost every pendulum deck that is of scale 7 or above will run it. I mean ffs even Abyss actors will run that cuz why not eh?

Lets not forget its incredibly splashable alongside with Raccoon making it a mini engine.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Sounds like a personal problem.

:Kappa:
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:24 pm

Other than Kirin, I pretty much agree with zaio
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:59 am

Tweek wrote:Sounds like a personal problem.

:Kappa:

No its not a personal problem, its a fact. Take this for instance if your opponent opens up with two kirins on field you will struggle to deal with those two compared to other cards like Dark Destroyer. Heres another problem i find with Kirin is that it fills Pendulum decks with a sort of defense that they never had. Like Bottomless cant do jack and if you try and summon a big monster to try and run over the damn thing it will bounce itself or another pendulum potentially resetting the scale as i said before so yeah the Sustain is too much and dont tell me that Solemn Strike/warning is a good check for this cuz that applies to every card in the meta.

Thats the problem i see with Kirin you gotta waste alot of resource to try and remove it completely which most case is by battle buuuuut since its a pendulum monster it will comeback to bite you.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Just run chain burn. No monsters to bounce = no problem
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:03 am

Okay some research has been done now.

More educated predictions from me:

Domain of the True Monarchs- Limit/Ban
The Monarchs Stormforth-ban
Kozmo Dark Destroyer- Limit
Kozmo Tincan- Limit
Performapal Monkeyboard- Ban
Solemn Strike- Limit/Semi
Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss- Limit
Twin Twister- Semi/limit (POSSIBLY NOT)
Elemental HERO Stratos- Limit
Thousand-Eyes Restrict- Semi/Unlimit
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:36 am

Stormforth. Over Pantheism? Stormforth isn't really even a problem. We've had it forever and no one cared. Until Monarchs became popular and Stormforth became searchable via Tenacity and Pantheism. But those two cards put the deck's S/T at the player's fingertips. If either of those were to get hit, the deck would take a massive hit as far as consistency goes.

And if we want to severely cripple the deck: Ban Prime. No one else has even touched on that. It stops OTKs, provides tribute fodder, and is a level 5 LIGHT Fairy. It helps Monarch overcome Rivalry and similar cards without really having to slow down all that much. It's only limited by the amount of Monarch S/T you have in your deck. Plus it can chain to Dweller, effectively dodging it. And it makes you plus if you resolve Erebus or Ehther.

The hate on Strike is real doe. Lmao.
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Khina Bree Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:19 pm

You know I said Pantheism in my first post.

I'd just as soon hit it as I would Stormforth. Monarchs have too many options already.
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by HoennZach Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Monarchs
Ban Pantheism and Stormforth
Pantheism gives them pluses way too easily, and I just think its a terribly designed card
Stormforth was never a problem until they became relevant because now they can abuse its quick play potential to its fullest and resolve their Monarch effs on your turn while tributing your monsters.
No touches to Domain because these two hits already hurt Monarchs a lot and most current builds do not run Domain at all opting to go for the utility that an extra deck can bring over doing a lock that can easily be mstd/twin twistered.

Limit Dante
BA will just keep coming back with new variants as long as we have multiple Dantes in the game, itd be better to hit this as opposed to butchering every deck BA touches

Limit Construct
I think the banning of this card was completely illogical as Dolls have been one of thw weaker of the 4 tier 1s at the time it was played and as the game evolved Dolls at their full potential would have fallen out of flavor prwtty quickly. I think that bringing this to 1 wouldnt do anything to the meta, maybe make this a fun rogue pick, but it will bring more creativity back into the game.

Semi Limit Unicore
With Shurit gone and Unicore at 1, Nekroz doesnt have the sustain to keep them going for more than 2-3 turns. Having a 2nd Unicore wouldny make the deck top tier, but it would definately help in terms of the decks fragile nature at this point in time

TGU to 2
Dont get me wrong, this card was completely broken in BA so we shouldnt bring it back to multiples... if we had multiple dantes. I feel like with TGU youd most of the time prefer speedroids because they give you better XYZs like totem bird and dont eat up a normal, and if we linit Dante like I said above then thered be no point in worrying about Ba variants as much.

Debris Dragon to 3/Dandylion to 2
Plant player bias

Solemn Strike to 1/Cards of Demise banned/Allure of Darkness to 3/DAD to 2
The first 3 are commonly being predicted so no reason to go in-depth here, but DAD can come back to 2. It requires a crap ton of setup

Psyframe Omega to 1
When multiples are ran they are usually looped to create an effect similar to a mini wind-up loop and they are nearly impossible to deal with since they can dodge pretty much any form of destruction.

Lavalval Chain and Exciton to 1
These are just personal picks for me. I want Lavalval to come back because I love using him in combo decks to speed up my plays and having just 1 would prevent the zombie xyz loop/ftk and Exciton really punished Pendulum players for going Pend 5 every turn. I felt like neither of them should have been banned and helps more decks than hurt the state of yugioh as a whole

I have no thoughts on Kozmos as I never play them, and I been out of the loop for quite a while now so i wouldnt know what exactly to hit to make a big difference without destroying the archtype.
HoennZach
HoennZach
Sharpened Snake

Magician Credits : 318

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:38 am

i think a few cards should be let out of the banlist

. Wind-Up Zenmaioh- Wind ups are irrelevant now
. Sangan- Errata made it shit
. Super Rejuv- just to promote blue eyes more since other dragon decks are irrelevant since D-rulers are gone now.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiernan Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:52 am

HoennZach wrote:Monarchs
Ban Pantheism and Stormforth
Pantheism gives them pluses way too easily, and I just think its a terribly designed card
Stormforth was never a problem until they became relevant because now they can abuse its quick play potential to its fullest and resolve their Monarch effs on your turn while tributing your monsters.
No touches to Domain because these two hits already hurt Monarchs a lot and most current builds do not run Domain at all opting to go for the utility that an extra deck can bring over doing a lock that can easily be mstd/twin twistered.
I mean, Stormforth into Ehther is no worse than trap spam and requires about the same amount of resources. Escalation isn't run often anymore, so the main relevance of Stormforth being a quick play is Ehther. Kuraz off of Ehther is disruptive but the opponent only loses tempo, not card advantage. Stormforth is not an issue.

Also, found it funny you'd say Domain doesn't need to be touched when all the Monarch builds that topped nats ran Domain.

HoennZach wrote:TGU to 2...

... Allure of Darkness to 3
I don't agree with either of these personally. TGU is still powerful. Allure at 3 is just asking for shenanigans.

HoennZach wrote:Lavalval Chain and Exciton to 1
These are just personal picks for me. I want Lavalval to come back because I love using him in combo decks to speed up my plays and having just 1 would prevent the zombie xyz loop/ftk and Exciton really punished Pendulum players for going Pend 5 every turn. I felt like neither of them should have been banned and helps more decks than hurt the state of yugioh as a whole
"Exciton punished Pendulum players"
No. It didn't. It punished everything else for establishing a board. Pend is the only thing it didn't really punish. If it wasn't as easy to summon, it'd be fine. But 2 level 4s making a better BRD? That's dumb. And if it's activated as CL2 or higher it makes all the when/can stuff miss timing. Also, Lavalval Chain had the hit coming. It opens up too many plays in too many decks.

Zaio Volnutt wrote:i think a few cards should be let out of the banlist

. Wind-Up Zenmaioh- Wind ups are irrelevant now
. Sangan- Errata made it shit
. Super Rejuv- just to promote blue eyes more since other dragon decks are irrelevant since D-rulers are gone now.

Zenmaioh isn't banned C=
Kiernan
Kiernan
Coffee Enthusiast

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame52960

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next