The Yokai - Luster's Overpowered archtype

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Yokai - Luster's Overpowered archtype

Post by !~Rabbit~! on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm actually posting this just to firstly show Torm how overpowered this deck is, but I also secondly wanted to post this made up archtype showcase because apparently it's becoming a fad which I very much so want to be a part of. So without further ado - Attune your ears to the grinding gears It's time to introduce the Yokai Archtype!

Background on the Yokai:

Background on the Yokai themselves

Before I actually get into showing you all the monsters - I'd like to let you know where I got the inspiration from it by giving you a bit of background. So - a Yokai (Pronounced with a tilde over the O, but because Notepad didn't like that we will not get that today) is a supernatural monster, spirit or demon in certain types of Japanese folklore. As most of you should know - I'm a big fan of Japan - so this was all right up my alley when I was thinking of an archtype to make. There is a lot to read about the Yokai - and the main source I was using when adding to my already vast knowledge of the Yokai to make the archtype much more accurate is at the very bottom of this article - if you want to check it out.

For my archtype, I have used four particular animals that have mysterious powers according to the Yokai Japanese Lore as the Effect monsters, and Legendary figures within the Yokai Japanese folklore as the Xyz monsters.

And yes, before you ask, Bujins may have also stemmed from this very same tree. Don't judge - it could end up that they are completely different - I haven't checked that out yet.

What does the Deck focus around?:

What does the deck focus around?

The entire basis of my Yokai deck revolves around Xyz summoning - but not in a way you've seen it before. This form of Xyz summoning does not require any overlays - but instead revolves around an ignition effect that all Yokai effect monsters have. The effect states:

'"If this card is banished from your hand due to the effect
of a "Yokai" card, you can summon one "Legendary Yokai" Xyz monster from your extra deck, and if you do, _____________________.
Each effect of "Yokai ____" can only be activated once per turn.'

The Yokai Food Chain:

The Yokai Food Chain

While the above isn't the best of titles, this part of the topic can best be explained with a simple inequalities chart - shown below:

Yokai (4) > Legendary Yokai (4) > Chaotic Yokai (1) > Divine Yokai (1)

Really, for those who can't understand inequalities, The Yokai are the grunts of the archtype - while The Divine Yokai acts as a boss monster.

The card list itself

I've divided the card list into four parts. Monsters, Xyz Monsters, Spells, and Traps.

Monsters:
Monsters:-

Yokai Inugami - Level 4, Light, Beast.
Attack - 1800
Defence - 0

When this card is summoned, you can add one "Yokai" card from either your deck or graveyard to your hand.
If this card is attacked, you can banish one "Yokai" card from your hand, and if you do, this card
cannot be destroyed by battle this turn. If this card is banished from your hand due to the effect of a
"Yokai" card, you can summon one "Legendary Yokai" Xyz monster from your extra deck, and if you do, discard all but
two cards from your hand. Each effect of "Yokai Inugami" can only be activated once per turn.

Yokai Mujina - Level 4, Light, Beast,
Attack - 1500
Defence - 1000

When this card is summoned, you can add one "Yokai" monster that is in your banished zone to your hand.
If this card is attacked, you can banish one "Yokai" card from your hand, and if you do, double this
cards attack until the end of your next turn. If this card is banished from your hand due to the effect
of a "Yokai" card, you can summon one "Legendary Yokai" Xyz monster from your extra deck, and if you do, half your life points.
Each effect of "Yokai Mujina" can only be activated once per turn.

Yokai Bakeneko - Level 4, Light, Beast.
Attack - 1700
Defence - 1200

When this card is summoned, you can special summon one "Yokai" monster from your hand. If this card is attacked,
you can banish one "Yokai" card from your hand, and if you do, your opponent cannot target any "Yokai" monsters for attacks until
the end of their next end phase. If this card is banished from your hand due to the effect of a "Yokai" card, you can summon one
"Legendary Yokai" Xyz monster from your extra deck, and if you do, Make that monsters attack and defence 100. Each effect of "Yokai Bakeneko"
can only be activated once per turn.

Yokai Jorogumo - Level 4, Light, Insect.
Attack - 1200
Defence - 2000

When this card is summoned, you can target one of your banished "Yokai" monsters, special summon that monster in face up defence position,
and if you do, negate that cards effects until the end phase. If this card is attacked, you can banish one "Yokai" card from your hand, and if
you do, change the attacking monster to face down defence position. If this card is banished from your hand due to the effect of a "Yokai" card,
you can summon one "Legendary Yokai" Xyz monster from your extra deck, and if you do, banish the top five cards of your deck face down. Each effect
of "Yokai Jorogumo" can only be activated once per turn.

Xyz Monsters:
Xyz monsters:-

Legendary Yokai Beneki - Rank 4, Light, Warrior
Attack - 2100
Defence - 300

2 level 4 "Yokai" Monsters
When this card is summoned, banish every "Yokai" monster that is not an Xyz monster from your side of the field. This effect cannot be negated.
Once per turn, you can activate one of the following effects.
• Attatch two of your banished "Yokai" monsters onto this card as Xyz materials
• Detatch all xyz materials from this card, and if you do, draw cards from your deck equal to the number of xyz materials detatched from this card.

Legendary Yokai Tamamo-no-Mae - Rank 4, Light, Warrior
Attack - 1800
Defence - 1300

2 level 4 "Yokai" monsters
When this card is summoned, banish every "Yokai" monster that is not an Xyz monster from your side of the field. This effect cannot be negated.
Once per duel, if this card has no Xyz materials, you can attatch any number of your banished "Yokai" monsters onto this card as Xyz materials (max 3).
Once per turn, you can detatch all xyz materials from this card, and if you do, gain 500 life points for each card you detatched.

Legendary Yokai Sojobo - Rank 4, Light, Warrior
Attack - 1100
Defence - 2000

Once per turn, you can Attatch one of your banished "Yokai" monsters onto this card as a Xyz material.
Once per turn, by detatching one Xyz material from this card, you can target one monster on the field whos attack is different from its original attack -
inflict the difference of it's original attack and it's new attack to your opponent. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated.

Legendary Yokai Issun-boshi - Rank 4, Light, Warrior
Attack - 1500
Defence - 2300

Once per turn, you can attach one card that is banished face down in either players banished zone onto this card as an xyz material.
Once per turn, you can detatch one Xyz material from this card. Banish one card your opponent controls on the field. You cannot conduct
your battle phase the turn this effect is activated

Chaotic Yokai Yuki-onna - Rank 5, Dark, Spellcaster
Attack - 2700
Defence - 1000

3 rank 4 "Yokai" monsters
When this card is summoned, return every banished card in each players banished zones to their respective owners hand. You cannot summon monsters from your
Extra deck Whilst this card is face up on the field. Once per turn, you can detatch one Xyz material from this card, and if you do, you can activate one of these
effects:
• Draw two cards, then discard three cards from your hand.
• Gain 1000 lifepoints, then loose lifepoints equal to the number of cards your opponent has in his hand x100.
• Inflict 1000 Damage to both yourself and your opponent.
• Banish one card your opponent controls, then banish the top card of your deck face down.

Divine Yokai Inari Okami - Rank 7, Light, Spellcaster
Attack - 1500
Defence - 1000

4 Level 7 monsters
This card can also be summoned by using a face up "Chaotic Yokai Yuki-onna" with no xyz materials as the Xyz material.
When this card is summoned, return all cards in your hand to the deck, and if you do, add one card that is in your banished zone to your hand.
This card gains 500 attack for each card that is attached as an xyz material on this card.
Once per turn, you can banish one card from your hand, one card from your graveyard and one card from your extra deck, and if you do, discard one card from your
opponents hand, then attatch one monster from your banished zone to this card as an xyz material.
If this card has 10 Xyz materials, you win the duel.

Spells:
Spells -

Reversed Transformation - Quickplay Spell
If you control a face up "Legendary Yokai" monster, you can activate this effect. Return that card to the extra deck, and if you do, special summon one
"Yokai" monster from your banished zone. You cannot special summon any monsters for the rest of the turn if this effect is activated.

Diyu - Land of the wandering spirits - Field Spell
When this card is activated, banish all cards in your graveyard, then loose lifepoints equal to the number of cards banished x100
Once per turn, if there is a "Legendary Yokai", "Chaotic Yokai" or a "Divine Yokai" monster on the field, you can activate one of these effects:
• Special summon, from your extra deck, one "Legendary Yokai" monster, and if you do, its attack and defence become zero, it also cannot activate its effects.
• Detatch every Xyz material from a Xyz monster you control, and if you do, loose lifepoints equal to the number detatched x500
• Attatch one Xyz material to an Xyz monster you control, but that monster cannot activate its effects until the end phase of this turn.

Mischevious Illusions - Normal Spell
When this card is activated, take 2000 damage, then banish two "Yokai" monsters from your graveyard, and if you do, Special summon one "Legendary Yokai" monster
from your extra deck or banished zone. It's effects are negated, but it's attack becomes 3000. During the end phase, if that same monster (or a monster with the
same name) is still on your field, Banish that card(s). The effects of "Michevious Illusions" can only be activated once per turn

Traps:
Traps -

Spiritual Send-Off - Normal trap
When this card is actived, you can banish two "Yokai" monsters from your grave to destroy one monster your opponent controls.

Spiritual destruction - Normal trap
When this card is activated, you can return two "Yokai" monsters from your banished zone to your grave to destroy one face down spell/trap your opponent controls

Overall, thank you for reading through my article. I'm sorry that it was messy - but I had only a little bit of time to explain what I wanted to explain. If you have any comments feel free to share your views on my archtype - and make sure to leave your questions very clearly so that I may answer them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
!~Rabbit~!

Magician Credits : 38

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top