Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treatoad Raccoons

Go down

Treatoad Raccoons Empty Treatoad Raccoons

Post by jackachu100 Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Seeing as Treatoad is op and Raccoons are my main deck, I thought I'd combine them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Deck List:

If you want to watch it, I explain the card choices in the deck and some of the interactions in the video.

Okay, so this is Treatoad Raccoons. Basically I'm running 3 copies of Swap Frog and 3 copies of Ronintoadin in addition to what you'd normally run in Raccoons. If you draw atleast 1 Swap Frog and then another one of itself of a Ronintoadin, there's Treatoad right there. It also has some flexibility in allowing you to still have a strong first turn play if you don't open Obedience Schooled, which is normally what you want to do in the deck.

Obedienced Schooled is the main card in the deck and you want to use it to summon Naturia Beast and Sandayu on your first turn (or something like 2 Sandayu or a Sandayu and Unicore if your opponent doesn't use spells, or Naturia Beast isn't useful in the situation). If you don't know the combo, to do this you need it and another beast in your hand, you want to summon Valerifawn, another earth (normallly Wind-Up Kitten), then 2 others (normally Tree Otter and Cerburrel), then you Xyz into Sandayu making sure to leave Valerifawn and an earth on your field (so with Tree otter and Cerburrel), then you use Sandayu's effect (normally detaching Cerburrel) and then you synchro for Naturia Beast with the token Valerifawn and the other earth. There's some small variation you can do with this combo depending on what you have in your hand to summon. Ponpoko is normally the best thing you'd want to summon from your hand although Valerifawn can be pretty cool depending on what you can do (for example you can get out Kalantosa with Obedience Schooled and summon that back with Valerifawn to pop something). You can also use this card with the tribute summonable monsters in the side deck and with our continuous traps to get some good control going on first turn.

The main thing you're going to have trouble dealing with is backrow (mostly some version of Mirror Force), so if you can get rid of some backrow, do it. Big monsters aren't a problem because of Sandayu, Canturea and Gameciel, but the backrow will stop you from being able to do stuff to get over them. In this deck don't be afraid to take damage, save the traps until they are going to protect your board, not your life points. Often in my experience games with Raccoons end up where both players don't have that many resources, so the fact our big monsters can control and deal out damage works really well.

Raccoons are also a deck that can OTK very easily, especially with Junk Warrior, as we can get out big tokens then boost Junk Warrior with the tokens and then summon another massive token, which will hit them pretty hard.

TL;DR Treatoad is OP, summon Naturia Beast (or equivalent monster) protect it and win, Mirror Force is the devil and OTK with Junk Warrior.

If anyone wants to download the deck file for the deck here it is: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jackachu100
jackachu100

Magician Credits : 8233

Back to top Go down