Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Is Yugioh for kids and should you be ashamed to play it?

+3
Administrator
Kira Yoshikage
BLB97
7 posters

Go down

Is Yugioh for kids and should you be ashamed to play it? Empty Is Yugioh for kids and should you be ashamed to play it?

Post by BLB97 Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:15 pm

This has been going on in my head for quite a while now. Here’s the big question: Is Yugioh really a children’s card game? I do not think it is a children’s card game. Maybe some kids can play it, but it’s not completely a children’s card game. Yugioh is a game for everyone.  For example, can kids play chess? Is chess just for kids? Many people out there get made fun of for playing Yugioh because people think it’s childish and not a hobby that everyone has. My own parents think it’s just for kids. They have never heard of Yugioh until I started getting into it, and don’t know anything about it except that it’s a card game where monsters are summoned. Going back to the chess example, one might say that chess requires actual strategy and thinking, which it does. Yugioh also requires skill. Some of Yugioh relies on luck, and some relies on skill. Real duelists have skill. It’s the duelist that makes the card, not the other way around. I like decks which rely on skill, which is why I started using Raidraptors. Also, Yugioh is too complicated for some kids to understand and it’s expensive. Also, how does Yugioh help you in real life? I’m able to do simple math more quickly because of it.
Now, let’s talk about the anime. The anime can influence Yugioh players in a good or bad way. Sometimes, the anime makes Yugioh players think that the game is exactly like the anime. A good way would be understanding the game better. Some players’ decks are just random cards from the anime, and I used to be one of those players. I used to be one of those scrubs that hated Synchro and Xyz. The anime showed me how cool Synchro and Xyz can really be, and taught me to accept the new Yugioh and get out of the old Yugioh. Another thing the anime taught me, and this is related to real life, is that you don’t have to love and trust someone just because they’re related to you. This is something I need to know, especially with what’s going on. It’s not just Yugioh. Many animes showed me this. Another question is: Is the Yugioh anime just for kids, and not just Yugioh, but all anime. The rule that my parents have come up with is: anything that is animated is just for kids. They have never seen or heard of anime until I started getting into it. If an anime is kid-appropriate, it’s for the entire family. A reason people think Yugioh is childish because it’s based off of a “silly cartoon”. Many people out there like Pokemon, and that’s based off of an anime. Also, another thing my parents say when they overhear me watching Zexal is, “All they say is ‘gagaga’, ‘gogogo’, and they don’t even go to school. This is a bad influence for people.” I’m not trying to b***h about my parents (please excuse me for my language). I’m only saying what’s true.
Another thing Yugioh haters say is that Yugioh is nerdy and geeky. I'm a little skeptical about telling people I play Yugioh, not because I am ashamed, but because I don't want to give long explanations over and over again. I'm not even a hardcore duelist. I only play on DN and don't have a single card in real life. If you can, please post something you would say to someone who called you a nerd or geek for playing Yugioh. In the end, Yugioh is not for kids.

Last edited by BLB97 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
BLB97
BLB97

Magician Credits : 938

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Is Yugioh for kids and should you be ashamed to play it? Empty Re: Is Yugioh for kids and should you be ashamed to play it?

Post by Kira Yoshikage Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:33 pm

Well spoken BLB!
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Is Yugioh for kids and should you be ashamed to play it? Empty Re: Is Yugioh for kids and should you be ashamed to play it?

Post by Administrator Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Lemme answer that response with a COMPLETELY different franchise:
Watch before moving on - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ygo, is NOT for kids, if it was there would not be official competitions~
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Magician Credits : 386

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkeye Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:04 am

OK , so i am a Kid But i dont think Yugioh is only for kids There alot of yugioh players that go to tournements And tournment if u win u get money I actually Im a Really Big fanboy of pokemon Sadly There isent alot of Pokemon Tournements Where i live. But I do go To Yugioh Tournement because I am Like A Compeditive Player Alot of the times my parents dont understand why do i go to tournement they also think its a very childish game and When i watch Anime When they come into my room they said (I heard them ones talking about what anime is) They Were Saying why am i watching anime I dont know why they were saying that but they also think anime is childish sometimes they say why are u watching that childish cartoon THAT IS WHAT THEY SAID my mom Doesent even KNow what is an anime or my dad They dont know the difference Of A cartoon and a Anime My Parents think im watching cartoon and then they think im still a toodler Im seriosly frustraded by my parents Ok im telling the truth here Alot of Anime I watched Have Changed My live Thats Why i watch anime How would u guys feel if your parents say why are u watching a cartoon I am everytime when they say that im so frustrated that i explode Im 12 years old they still think im watching cartoon thats so BS Anime isent only viable to kids I know alot of adults that watch anime as well like my older brother 20 years old he still watches naruto I know around 5 guys that are 20 and they still watch anime Well this is all i have to say XD
Hawkeye
Hawkeye
Retired Staff

Magician Credits : 606

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:00 am

my friend (only 1 year older then me) thinks that everything that is animated is childish, my parents think im way to much into anime and things related to them but i dont, a lot of anime helped shape me into the person i am today, just becuse it is animated doesnt mean it is childish, take this for an example

you see a painting and say it is art but when you see anime (also painted) you say it is just childish

or this for the card game
same thing with the painting but the cards are just childish

i know people who thinks what i do is childish (when they do stuff like trash talk others and play on the phone 80% of the time) the only people who can justify calling what i do is childish i know is my parents and grandparents, my grandparents dont and my parents just say im to much into it, they dont say it is childish

so i have friends thinking it as childish but not family
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:04 am

also the trash talking people are just classmates not friends
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by LightRook Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 am

Meh I don't really care if people call me a child, it is a fun hobby and when people use to see me and my friends duel they would make some sort of stupid comment and I would just reply with something like "yea I play Yu-Gi-Oh, got a problem with it" or something along the lines of that, but anyway I don't think it is a childish game because anyone can play it but they A. Have never heard of it, or B. Don't want to play it, but that is all I got to say so yea not a child's card game and I make smart remarks when someone says something about me and my friends dueling.
LightRook
LightRook

Magician Credits : 2463

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatu Alucard Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm

I writted an near 40 lines of replying and my brother closed the page before i send it @-@
Nosferatu Alucard
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Magician Credits : 8429

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame24271

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 pm

MuriloG4M3R wrote:I writted an near 40 lines of replying and my brother closed the page before i send it @-@

sounds like your brother and my sister are similar :/
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatu Alucard Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:52 pm

Yeah... =/
Nosferatu Alucard
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Magician Credits : 8429

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame24271

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum