Debate Topic: Sword or Gun

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Debate Topic: Sword or Gun

Post by Earth Guardian (Zolfo) on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Which would you rather use in a fight, Sword or Gun?
What kind?
Why?

I'd use a shotgun, as my gun in a fight, because not only is it loud... it sends a big statement which can possible startle all melee fighters in the area. I've always been quite skilled with a shotgun in video games since i was a little kid.

Remember that this is a question that is very unlikely to happen irl, so why not use our imaginations, so tell us what you think. Im quite curious to see what others put down.

Zolfo AKA Pyro or Magma Golem
Current Metalfoes and former Shaddoll duelist.
Mastered the way of the Skill drain,
but not the way of the Six Samurai.
Find me on PSN: Pyro107Xx,
if you play console Minecraft.

Zolfo's Waifu: Vivian Nefertari
Earth Guardian (Zolfo)
Terramancer

Magician Credits : 1265

Character sheet
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7lzESX21PjCHffIXKctsuw

Back to top Go down

Re: Debate Topic: Sword or Gun

Post by Flip Flapper on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:25 am

while a gun certainly IS superior i would probably say sword becuse i think it would be easier to refrain from killing with a sword then with a gun, killing with a gun is easy therefore i am afraid i will do it to much, but with a sword i feel like i can spare more people

also for more personal reasons is that ive always since ive been a little kid wanted to be a hero and a sword looks more heroic then a gun

and finally i wouldnt just pick "a sword" i would probably have at least 2 swords if i could, ive always been a fan of duel-wielding and have always been really good at it in games when it comes to melee weapons (i prefer not duel-wielding guns though for some reason, except for plasma rifles in halo) and also when me and my friend are LARPing i either use a spear, staff or duel-wield swords

"Tim Drake and I had our differences, but I'll admit he was a great man. Despite his best efforts, over the past few years the Teen Titans have been losers, criminals—a joke. They epitomized what's wrong with this younger generation of so-called heroes—they didn't deserved to be called a "super-team". But we could do better. There are five of us. Five fingers make a fist. Join me... I dare you." - Damian Wayne, Teen titans rebirth.
With great power comes great responsibility
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3822

Character sheet
Bounty0--
Notoriety12001
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatu Alucard on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:20 am

Yeah, as Meni-chan stated, guns are technically superior to swords... Yeah, on a combat i would surely pick a gun, probably a Barrett M82A1 or some sort of Alucard (Hellsing) guns.

But sure, if it's the one that i most like, would be swords, i always liked dual-wielding, even more if it's with daggers since i LOVE rogues.

"The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Magician Credits : 8458

Character sheet
Bounty0--
Notoriety50001
Fame24271

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:19 pm

depends on the situation tbh. I prefer and like sowrds over guns, like a kanata, but if its long range then i would prefer a sniper, if its close combat or mid-ranged then i woudl pick a sword and a .44, the .44 for if they use heavy shit, like a shotgun (which you mentioned)

Magician Credits : 269
Admins Comment : Glow expires on June 12th

Back to top Go down

Post by LightRook on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Sword, more preferably a Katana. The main reason is because i've always liked the Katana ever since I can remember and for the other reason is that you can get stealth kills with swords and not have a loud bang that is heard when you shoot a gun and makes you stick out, even though they do have silencers. So yea, a sword over a gun.

"In a world tainted by hate and negativity, stand out, shine bright and always be proud of who you are."
-Ben Bruce

"My old cuts left hella scars my new cuts are hella deep my razor blade that's hella clean."
-Unicorns Killed My Girlfriend

"My new cuts are so up to par my old cuts leave hella scars."
-Unicorns Killed My Girlfriend
LightRook

Magician Credits : 2493

Character sheet
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content