Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Negation Traps discussion.

4 posters

Go down

What backrow negation trap do you prefer?

Negation Traps discussion. ZA70T8J17%Negation Traps discussion. TlGsDiP 17% 
[ 1 ]
Negation Traps discussion. ZA70T8J33%Negation Traps discussion. TlGsDiP 33% 
[ 2 ]
Negation Traps discussion. ZA70T8J33%Negation Traps discussion. TlGsDiP 33% 
[ 2 ]
Negation Traps discussion. ZA70T8J17%Negation Traps discussion. TlGsDiP 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Negation Traps discussion. Empty Negation Traps discussion.

Post by Kira Yoshikage Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Okay, so I have 3 Traps that I need to talk about, and list their pros, and cons,.
Starting off with the ever-so popular Wiretap, hyped up by Azneyeswhitedragon and Patrick Hoban. I personally disdain this card, but most disagree. It's effect reads, "When a Trap Card is activated: Negate the activation, and if you do, shuffle that card into the Deck.". Now, the pros: No cost. That's always nice when you need any kind of generic backrow negation card, and it is a Counter Trap. Now for the cons: It shuffles a card back into the deck for future use, and it only negates Traps. Now, those two things make ME say that it SUCKS. I don't want to give the opponent another chance to use Vanity's, Skill Drain, Dimensional Prison, Bottomless or anything else on me in the future! And it only stops Traps, meaning that Qliphorts and Nekroz can go about their shenanigans without worry.
Next up is Trap Stun, which I like in some decks. This card reads, "Negate all other Trap Card effects on the field this turn.". Okay, the pros: Costless, negates ALL TRAP EFFECTS until the END OF THAT TURN. Cons: It only stops Traps, and it is not a Counter Trap. Okay, it's still nice to have in some decks that you are going to OTK with, but I wouldn't play it in much of anything else.
Finally, I will talk about Dark Bribe. Dark Bribe is infamous because people didn't LIKE running it in any deck, which still kinda makes me scratch my head. People would play Seven Tools of the bandit over it, making them lose LP to negate a Trap, which I found kinda silly. Dark Bribe reads: "When an opponent's Spell/Trap Card is activated: Your opponent draws 1 card, also negate the Spell/Trap activation, and if you do, destroy it.". I personally like this card, to be honest, but it depends on the format on weather or not you want to use it. Pros: It gives you the coverage to negate spells, it's a Counter Trap, and it doesn't have much of a cost. Cons: Your opponent draws 1 card.
So, tell me what you think of the cards mentioned above. I did not discuss cards like Seven Tools of the Bandit, Magic Jammer, Trap Jammer and Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell because they are not really used by anybody anymore, and they all have more limitations and worse restrictions than the others. But please, make sure to reply to this post your feelings about the discussed cards!
Also vote for the card you like more!
Kira Yoshikage
Kira Yoshikage

Magician Credits : 85

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety2001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Negation Traps discussion. Empty Re: Negation Traps discussion.

Post by Rea Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:38 pm

I prefer to stick with dark bribe more than anything. lots and lots of coverage, the cost is meh seeing as I am mainly dark bribing mirror forces dimensional prisons and solemn warnings more than anything. not to mention I usually have insane luck with dark bribe and it makes my opp dead draw usually OR they draw something that would have been helpful long ago (I.E. torrential tribute when I have delteros and other tellar xyz on the field. torrential would have been useful before delteros.) I find dark bribes random coverage more useful. Also we cant forget the funniest meme of yugioh(not as funny as mst negates)
Dark Bribing an upstart goblin.
Rea
Rea

Magician Credits : 1470

Character sheet
BountyBounty2--
NotorietyNotoriety30201
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Imperial Order XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:51 am

i like trap stun the most out of these but i feel kinda like this "hit hard and fast before they can set up any nasty traps" so i dont really care wich one, i use them some times but i usually use decks that either can do lots of damage before they can draw 1 of 3 specific cards in the usually 40 cards sized deck, also some of my decks have both beat down and other win conditions, i like mill and burn personally (inferno fire blast e.e) also a lot of the monsters i use have built in protection things like DDD ceo, beelzeus, utopic dragon etc, so i dont feel the need for them, sure it backfires not having them some times but a lot of the time i use cards that helps my strategy more instead (+ i dont have them irl.....)
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatu Alucard Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:37 am

I use Trap Stun in my OTK decks, if they don't OTK i use Bribe
Nosferatu Alucard
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Magician Credits : 8429

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame24271

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down