Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

YuGiOh the Gathering - Custom Ruleset Idea (Blocks)

4 posters

Go down

YuGiOh the Gathering - Custom Ruleset Idea (Blocks) Empty YuGiOh the Gathering - Custom Ruleset Idea (Blocks)

Post by Khina Bree Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:58 am

Allo everyone, Spensyr here with a spiffy idea for future gameplay here at MADA.

I'm sure this idea has been stated in various places around the inter-webs but I'm still fond of it.

In case you didn't know, "Magic: The Gathering" controls the cards that can be legally played by using a Block System where only the most recent X number of booster sets (plus the yearly Core set) are permitted. This means they don't have to worry about a ban list like YuGiOh does because any card they find too powerful will just be cycled out in a few months anyway.

So I'd like to put to you the idea of making our very own YuGiOh Blocks. Determine how many booster sets are allowed, maybe even design a Core set for it and voila!

Thoughts?
Khina Bree
The Inkweaver
The Inkweaver

Magician Credits : 781

Character sheet
BountyBounty150--
NotorietyNotoriety15001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

YuGiOh the Gathering - Custom Ruleset Idea (Blocks) Empty Re: YuGiOh the Gathering - Custom Ruleset Idea (Blocks)

Post by Lord Beerus Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:05 am

:Monocle:

Well Well. I dont find this bad I havent been into magic since like 2014 or so. But I think this will be a good idea. I support this 100% and i hope to see this become a thing here.
Lord Beerus
Lord Beerus
MADA's Dragon Enthusiast

Magician Credits : 197

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame41221

http://gaminghub.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

YuGiOh the Gathering - Custom Ruleset Idea (Blocks) Empty Re: YuGiOh the Gathering - Custom Ruleset Idea (Blocks)

Post by Zaio Volnutt Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:10 am

Ok this is a new thing to me since i havent really looked up MTG at all. SO what i would say is we go for it and experiment it for like a bout 2-3 months or so if majority of the members are satisfied with it we keep it. If not well gotta figure that out. So yeah lets give it a try
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Magician Credits : 7307

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:15 am

Alrighty. So all them ye olde classic cards go poof you say?
I DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAANDU! O_O

:GodotThink:

So yeah at first I cried a little at the idea. Didn't seem like a very YGO thang to moi.
All them ye olde classic cards going poof and all.

We always complain about how good the old gen cards used to be and how the new gen cards are bs, broke and ruin the game and all.
Now we are talking of constantly recycling cards of old gen for new gen regularly.
YGO cared about a lot of their old cards and new gen cards adding in support for old gen cards.
Now the old gen cards we love can go missing suddenly.

:ColressPreach:

BUT. Being the mad scientist I am, I thought deeply abouts it.
We can encourage creativity, evolution and adaptation with this!
Totally flip the table, change the world we are familiar with!
We all unleash our best when put under constraints and rules and to make the best of the constraints instead of bitching and whining about it to stick with what is safe and familiar.
A constant journey into the unknown!
EXCITING! Very Happy

As you had mentioned, the constant recycling will get rid of all our past sins in the process. Broken cards get the gtfo note regardless. Is kinda neat.
Besides this will just feel like playing them Generation formats in Pokemon. Where you can battle with only Pokemon from the selected generations.

I'm always open to new ideas and all and think that we should give this idea a try most definitely.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down