Log in

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
Rea
 
Stardog
 

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Rogue Deck Discussion: Harpies v. Blackwings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rogue Deck Discussion: Harpies v. Blackwings

Post by Earth Guardian (Zolfo) on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:17 pm

‌• Who would win in a duel?

‌• Why do you think they are better?

‌• What are the advantages (pros) and Disadvantages (cons) of each deck?

I'd sit here and answer this myself, but im curious to see what others will put. All facts and opinions are welcomes, just make sure you follow the rules. If i see a lot of logical comments, i'll continue to the next Deck Debate. It all matters on the reader. Wink

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Zolfo AKA Pyro or Magma Golem
Current Metalfoes and former Shaddoll duelist.
Mastered the way of the Skill drain,
but not the way of the Six Samurai.
Find me on PSN: Pyro107Xx,
if you play console Minecraft.




Zolfo's Waifu: Vivian Nefertari
avatar
Earth Guardian (Zolfo)
Terramancer

Posts : 232
Magician Credits : 1265
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-12-27
Location : Where ever you want it to be ;)

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7lzESX21PjCHffIXKctsuw

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue Deck Discussion: Harpies v. Blackwings

Post by Kira Yoshikage on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:35 pm

I think Blackwings would win in a duel.

Why do I think they're better? Harpies may have access to a rank-4 and rank-7 toolbox, they suffer from brick hands far more often than Blackwings. Also, they don't really have any power cards other than Channeler or Party. While Hunting Ground is a good card, Blackwings play enough removal to laugh at it. Icarus Attack distrups rank-4/7 combos, along with clearing out Hysteric Parties and Hunting Grounds. Kalut is always a threat, and Raikiri makes the whole matchup so much easier. Blackwings also have access to various Synchro plays, along with rank-4s. Many Harpies in the main deck are so weak that Kris, Bora, Shura and in some cases even Zephyros can beat over them without Kaluts. Tbh, Harpies are extremely lacking in support and consistency, as well as only really having the rank-4/7 Channeler play as their power play (Outside of Hysteric Party, which can be easily dealt with by Blackwings.) Maybe back in H.A.T. format I would say that they were about even, but with Gale coming to 2 the format afterward, Blackwings started to outshine them.

_________________
"Hidden in my heart, my passionate feelings are dreams of the future and the risk of death. The dream has began to move, with the limits already heard. The road leading to that place seems to me to bestruck with dazzlingly bright light." La-Vie, Freedom
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Smash mains: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Kira Yoshikage

Posts : 952
Magician Credits : 106
Age : 18
Join date : 2014-10-26
Location : Harlem, Georgia, U.S.A.
Admins Comment : Pft. this guy's a Turkey.

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety2001
Fame000

https://black-whirlwind-acad.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue Deck Discussion: Harpies v. Blackwings

Post by Earth Guardian (Zolfo) on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Shadowknight76 wrote:I think Blackwings would win in a duel.

Why do I think they're better? Harpies may have access to a rank-4 and rank-7 toolbox, they suffer from brick hands far more often than Blackwings. Also, they don't really have any power cards other than Channeler or Party. While Hunting Ground is a good card, Blackwings play enough removal to laugh at it. Icarus Attack distrups rank-4/7 combos, along with clearing out Hysteric Parties and Hunting Grounds. Kalut is always a threat, and Raikiri makes the whole matchup so much easier. Blackwings also have access to various Synchro plays, along with rank-4s. Many Harpies in the main deck are so weak that Kris, Bora, Shura and in some cases even Zephyros can beat over them without Kaluts. Tbh, Harpies are extremely lacking in support and consistency, as well as only really having the rank-4/7 Channeler play as their power play (Outside of Hysteric Party, which can be easily dealt with by Blackwings.) Maybe back in H.A.T. format I would say that they were about even, but with Gale coming to 2 the format afterward, Blackwings started to outshine them.

There is one thing you forgot to mention though, Hysteric sign and Harpie Harpist have incredible search power (especially when put together) this can create a great hand advantage.

Sadly Black whirlwind laughes at this, the card may only rely on normal summons... but it is not once per turn.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Zolfo AKA Pyro or Magma Golem
Current Metalfoes and former Shaddoll duelist.
Mastered the way of the Skill drain,
but not the way of the Six Samurai.
Find me on PSN: Pyro107Xx,
if you play console Minecraft.




Zolfo's Waifu: Vivian Nefertari
avatar
Earth Guardian (Zolfo)
Terramancer

Posts : 232
Magician Credits : 1265
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-12-27
Location : Where ever you want it to be ;)

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7lzESX21PjCHffIXKctsuw

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue Deck Discussion: Harpies v. Blackwings

Post by RogueShadow on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Harpies due to their ability to take out blackwings backrow. You can also summon a numerous amount of harpies, similar to black wings and they keep speed very well.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
RogueShadow
True Shadow Dragon
True Shadow Dragon

Posts : 200
Magician Credits : 1631
Age : 20
Join date : 2015-10-31
Location : Great Britain

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety4421
Fame50010

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue Deck Discussion: Harpies v. Blackwings

Post by Arc V Yuto on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:29 pm

Based on everything Blackwings have received as well as their cards off the banlist I would have to say BW's have a edge on Harpies. In the end it all depends on hands as Shadow stated both decks can brick kinda bad and if one opens bad while the other opens good its not exactly a fair fight. Sure Harpies have Hunting Ground and chanller and other cards to help them but Blackwings have Rakiri and have the ability to otk faster than Harpies through Kalut, Nothung, as well as Chidori and Hawk Joe.

I give this match victory to Blackwings to be the dominant Winged Beast deck.

_________________
Murder + Love, what a perfect combination for madness.
Lord of Xyz, bringer of peace and justice!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Arc V Yuto
The Phantom Duelist

Posts : 1036
Magician Credits : 692
Age : 18
Join date : 2014-11-18
Location : Heartland

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty100--
Notoriety12501
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue Deck Discussion: Harpies v. Blackwings

Post by Earth Guardian (Zolfo) on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:13 am

Tormmentor wrote:Based on everything Blackwings have received as well as their cards off the banlist I would have to say BW's have a edge on Harpies. In the end it all depends on hands as Shadow stated both decks can brick kinda bad and if one opens bad while the other opens good its not exactly a fair fight. Sure Harpies have Hunting Ground and chanller and other cards to help them but Blackwings have Rakiri and have the ability to otk faster than Harpies through Kalut, Nothung, as well as Chidori and Hawk Joe.

I give this match victory to Blackwings to be the dominant  Winged Beast deck.

This is all true yes, but remember one thing.... Harpies can make Ice Beast Zerofyne like its nothing. this card's atk can surpass the boost of Kalut, not to mention that it also has a two turn field negation eff.

Yes, Blackwings can too, but they don't always have what it takes to overlay for xyz summon.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Zolfo AKA Pyro or Magma Golem
Current Metalfoes and former Shaddoll duelist.
Mastered the way of the Skill drain,
but not the way of the Six Samurai.
Find me on PSN: Pyro107Xx,
if you play console Minecraft.




Zolfo's Waifu: Vivian Nefertari
avatar
Earth Guardian (Zolfo)
Terramancer

Posts : 232
Magician Credits : 1265
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-12-27
Location : Where ever you want it to be ;)

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7lzESX21PjCHffIXKctsuw

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue Deck Discussion: Harpies v. Blackwings

Post by Kira Yoshikage on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:57 am

"Blackwings don't always have what it takes to overlay for an Xyz summon."
Bruh...... We play 3 Kris, 3 Bora, 3 Shura and a Zephyros....... And 8 ways of getting to them usually....

_________________
"Hidden in my heart, my passionate feelings are dreams of the future and the risk of death. The dream has began to move, with the limits already heard. The road leading to that place seems to me to bestruck with dazzlingly bright light." La-Vie, Freedom
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Smash mains: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Kira Yoshikage

Posts : 952
Magician Credits : 106
Age : 18
Join date : 2014-10-26
Location : Harlem, Georgia, U.S.A.
Admins Comment : Pft. this guy's a Turkey.

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty0--
Notoriety2001
Fame000

https://black-whirlwind-acad.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue Deck Discussion: Harpies v. Blackwings

Post by Earth Guardian (Zolfo) on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:10 am

Shadowknight76 wrote:"Blackwings don't always have what it takes to overlay for an Xyz summon."
Bruh...... We play 3 Kris, 3 Bora, 3 Shura and a Zephyros....... And 8 ways of getting to them usually....
you also have other cards that can stop you from drawing the level 4 monsters you need to xyz summon, Harpies can spam the field with xyz monsters. Blackwings usually stick with what they do best, synchro summoning. as i said you won't always have the cards to make zerofyne (unless ofc, your deck is made for only xyz summons).

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Zolfo AKA Pyro or Magma Golem
Current Metalfoes and former Shaddoll duelist.
Mastered the way of the Skill drain,
but not the way of the Six Samurai.
Find me on PSN: Pyro107Xx,
if you play console Minecraft.




Zolfo's Waifu: Vivian Nefertari
avatar
Earth Guardian (Zolfo)
Terramancer

Posts : 232
Magician Credits : 1265
Age : 21
Join date : 2015-12-27
Location : Where ever you want it to be ;)

Character sheet
Reputation:
ReputationMCsWinsLoss
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7lzESX21PjCHffIXKctsuw

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum