Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Galaxy Cyclone vs MST

+3
Flip Flapper
α27theDemonKnight
Blade_Viper
7 posters

Go down

Galaxy Cyclone vs MST Empty Galaxy Cyclone vs MST

Post by Blade_Viper Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:21 am

Throughout my years of playing Yugioh MST was the ultimate way of destroying back row. it's a quickplay, it destroys any backrow and now with Pendulums being a thing it has more reason to exist...but a more recent contender has risen up. Galaxy Cyclone. it can only destroy face downs when in the hand or field...but. when it's in the graveyard you can banish it and destroy one face up spell or trap on the field. so it has the potential to destroy two cards while MST can only destroy one. I want your opinions. which do you prefer? the quick but single card destroying Mystical Space Typhoon or the 2 card destroying (but quite specific with targets) Galaxy Cyclone? I'll try and make these comparisons a normal thing here.
Blade_Viper
Blade_Viper
The Cleaner

Magician Credits : 170
Admins Comment : Glow Expires on 9/23/2016

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Galaxy Cyclone vs MST Empty Re: Galaxy Cyclone vs MST

Post by α27theDemonKnight Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:44 am

Well. This is kind of a theoratical/staple/habit people have when building decks usually. Maining the three spell/trap popper spells. The most popular and common is MST. Everyone is familiar with maining 3 MSTs in decks if they can.
Now the usage of these boils down to how your deck functions or most commonly to personal preference.

The best choices being:
- MST
- Galaxy Cyclone
- Night Beam
- Noblemam of Extermination
- Twin Twister

:ColressPreach:

- MST
Quickplay. 1 for 1 pop. Easy basics. Reputation preceeds itself.

- GALAXY CYCLONE
Slow. Can be utlized twice. First for facedowns which we need initially for anyway. Then for faceups which usually come later. Best for decks that mill usually.

- NIGHT BEAM
A personal favourite. Can safely pop without the card you're about to pop springing into action.

- NOBLEMAN OF EXTERMINATION
Another personal favourite of mine. Imperial powers hue hue hue. If you manage to pop a nasty trap with this, all copies of that trap dissappears from the duel and you don't have to worry about those hopefully.

- TWIN TWISTER
The evolution to MST. Eveyone should start maining 3 of these instead. Quick play. 2 for 2. Worth the payoff.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 am

i personally think galaxy cyclone is superior becuse while more specific it can take out 2 cards and most of the time i only really need to take down facedowns to clear the path anyway, i like nobleman of extermination though and night beam is always nice, MST is good to but i find it overrated and twins tvister is good in certain decks like D/D i think but not so much in others

EDIT: also galaxy cyclone can be used after getting sent to grave with stuff like summoner monk, kuribandit, ETC.
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:32 am

Galaxy Cyclone is too slow for my taste and too limiting in general. It can't target face-ups from the hand and has to wait till the turn after being used before it can (So like if you opponent only has Vanity's face-up and no other s/t set the card is dead in hand).

MST can only do it once but it can target any S/T on the field and can be activated during the opponents turn if set, which is far more helpful against Pendulum decks due to being able to activate it in reaction to pendulums being activated.

MST is the better one in the current Pendulum format.

Twin Twister will be the bae though when it comes out because a single discard shouldn't matter too much in this format and being able to target two s/t on reaction during the opponents turn is just too good in this format.

Whether or not MST/Twister should be main decked, however, is entirely dependent on the deck being played. But if not mained it should be sided.
mimgrim
mimgrim
Got the Memo?

Magician Credits : 604

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosferatu Alucard Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:14 am

For me deppends of the deck. On a normal deck i would go for MST< if the deck is milling based, i would get Cyclone deppending of the deck at all, and i really like Twin, i can discard something like Damage Juggler or Bulb on my new PePes. So yeah, it deppends of the player.
Nosferatu Alucard
Nosferatu Alucard
No Life King

Magician Credits : 8429

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety50001
FameFame24271

Back to top Go down

Post by HoennZach Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:57 pm

MST is leagyes better than Galaxy Cyclone in decks that dont kill because its quickplay and can be used to disrupt pebdulum plays but twister is going to be better due to the aboloty to clear a scale instantly
HoennZach
HoennZach
Sharpened Snake

Magician Credits : 318

Character sheet
BountyBounty
NotorietyNotoriety
FameFame

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueShadow Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:26 pm

I prefer MST for simple reasons

1. Spell speed 2, easily chain-able and can stop most cards before they get too strong.

2. It's a quick play spell so you can use it on both your turn and your opponents turn.

3. MST Negates
RogueShadow
RogueShadow
True Shadow Dragon
True Shadow Dragon

Magician Credits : 1611

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety4421
FameFame50010

Back to top Go down