Magic Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Darkness Flame Academy

Unotitalius

BWDA

Relax Zone

free forum

Any tips for a beginer in drawing manga?

+3
StardoostLegend
α27theDemonKnight
Flip Flapper
7 posters

Go down

Any tips for a beginer in drawing manga? Empty Any tips for a beginer in drawing manga?

Post by Flip Flapper Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:51 pm

so heyo im sorry to ask this but do you have any tips for someone starting out drawing manga? i have been planning to begin for quite some time but i have no idea what kinda stuff i need and what i need to know as my "How to draw manga" book went missing and i dont really remember what it said in it.... i know its kinda akward but i apreciate ANY tips and any knowledge about drawing and what kinda stuff i would need for it, i will of course search on my own as well but i thought id put it up here in case anyone knows better then i (wich i know for a fact a lot of people here do in this matter)
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Any tips for a beginer in drawing manga? Empty Re: Any tips for a beginer in drawing manga?

Post by StardoostLegend Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Here is my tip: don't learn how to draw manga. Just don't, it's better to learn how to draw real people and draw realistically first. When you first draw realistically, you'd know the basics and then be able to branch off to learning manga, cartoon, etc. If you start off with manga, that's ALL you'll be used to drawing, it will be much harder for you to draw anything else. I first learned how to draw realistically before ANYTHING else
StardoostLegend
StardoostLegend
Heraldic King

Magician Credits : 3282

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12101
FameFame000

http://the-heraldic-sword.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Any tips for a beginer in drawing manga? Empty Re: Any tips for a beginer in drawing manga?

Post by α27theDemonKnight Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:43 pm

I suggest you listen entirely to everythig Dusty said on this
This is the best advice I have always recieved irl ad well
Once you start drawing manga there is no going back.
So learn to master realistic anatomies and stuff firsf.
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7271

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:06 am

Yeap, i can support that too.

Cuz i started drawing manga without learning how to draw real life style and the result was having improper body proportions. As soon as i started going for art class and did some real life figures it all went a bit smoother than before.

On a side note: once you get a solid understanding on the human anatomy and body proportions watch a shit ton of animes, read mangas and collect as many image samples as you can. This is really helpful as you can figure out common patterns in manga even if their styles are different, then once yeh get the pattern you can develop your very own art style.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Magician Credits : 7307

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Flapper Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:10 am

thanks for all the tips so far guys! i am going to start putting them to use as soon as i get a proper pen(cil) becuse sadly all the ones in my house are either not working for various reasons or only barely
Flip Flapper
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3768

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12001
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:25 am

Lel. Menial. Go get yourself a wooden pencil and sharpen the lead using a knife, cutter or a pair of scissors or something. XD
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:27 am

Make sure its a 2B pencil thats prolly one of the best ways to get into drawing.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:41 am

And never EVER resort to using the eraser in the back of your pencil. Get yourself a good clean and simple eraser as well. Razz
α27theDemonKnight
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety3003
FameFame000

Back to top Go down

Post by StardoostLegend Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:57 am

α27theDemonKnight wrote:Lel. Menial. Go get yourself a wooden pencil and sharpen the lead using a knife, cutter or a pair of scissors or something. XD

Why do you think I keep an exacto knife and handheld sharpener with me at all times? X3 Also I almost always draw with an HB pencil, mainly because I have the problem of pressing too hard on the pencil. It really depends on you but I'd say HB, 2B and 4B pencils are what you want to start with
StardoostLegend
StardoostLegend
Heraldic King

Magician Credits : 3282

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety12101
FameFame000

http://the-heraldic-sword.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Alex~ Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:37 pm

always ALWAYS Have SOMETHING to draw on incase an idea pops into your head
~Alex~
~Alex~

Magician Credits : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by silentwolf10uk Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:43 pm

Hmmm. i guess try drawing in different styles to see which suits you best but never have a style which is way to similier to someone elses. always have a notebook on you just incase an idea pops up during school or work. and draw in a pencil first so you can always change it. even if your confident you wont need to and go straight to pen..Dont. cuze it might not come out the way you want it too. Ive been really wanting to draw manga for awhile aswell so your not alone really Smile
silentwolf10uk
silentwolf10uk

Magician Credits : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:51 pm

Funny enough drawing with a pen actually gets better results than drawing with a pencil to get ideas. I can say that the reason to this method is so you can treat that as a skeleton so that when the real deal begins you will know what to take out and what to keep from the draft.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
The Iron Prince
The Iron Prince

Character sheet
BountyBounty0--
NotorietyNotoriety000
FameFame253050

Back to top Go down

Post by silentwolf10uk Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:55 pm

You have a point. But then i dont draw Manga even though i really wanna. I just need some help XD Im ok-ish at drawing anime people its just hands,Clothes,Creases and detail i suck at. especially when it comes to the borders and panels XD ive tried. im shit at it.Though i do have a Main character already designed. he looks awesome!!
silentwolf10uk
silentwolf10uk

Magician Credits : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightcore Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:15 pm

A tip nobody said yet was practice using Linear and atmospheric perspectives along with EL and VP before doing much of character drawling. you want to do that because the characters can look right but if perspectives off people wont entirely like it. (but when done  practicing do characters before background in final draft). Now also if you color the manga mix colors and shades on a different piece of paper and decide which colors best fit the whole thing (but keep natural colors for non-man made things like trees)
Spoiler:
Nightcore
Nightcore

Magician Credits : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down