Everyone Started Somewhere!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everyone Started Somewhere!

Post by Derpy on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:59 am

Hello! Another discussion topic from your favourite derp, me! Well, for this discussion I want to hear how EVERYONE came to discovering Yu-Gi-Oh for the first time, what your thoughts were on it, and how you started playing the card game. See, I knew people who only watched the anime but couldn't pick up the card game cause it was too hard for them. I also know people who never watched the anime and play wonderfully. Then there is the people who watch and play.

I started playing in 2002/2003. My two best girl friends bought Yu-Gi-Oh cards and they were swapping and trading away then after building the decks that they liked, they handed me their old cards. Now, my first deck was horrible. It had rituals, fusions, no polys; very bad. Then my one friend, her two uncles were into Yu-Gi-Oh (her uncles were much younger than her) and they handed me cards they didn't like or want. So, I had this ugly, barely functional deck. Did I win? Pfft, Hell no. Did I have fun? Sure did.
I watched the original Yu-Gi-Oh on TV to learn how to play better. I was a very bad player up until I met Sketch at college. She helped me out a lot, now I'm a really good player as long as I get a good hand.

So! Where did all of you start? What year, your first deck, was it hard for you to learn, did you pick it up easily? Did you watch the anime first then play or did you play then watch the anime? I'd like to hear what you have to say!

Derpy
Queen of MADA

Magician Credits : 1855

Character sheet
Bounty
Notoriety
Fame

Back to top Go down

Re: Everyone Started Somewhere!

Post by Flip Flapper on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:57 am

well i picked it up becuse my brothers watched the anime so i started to watch it to, they played to so naturally i tried it out to, they taught me and my first deck was a horrible mix mash deck using CED, monarchs and lots of other cards, my first working deck was a dragon deck and then i got the red-eyes zombie structure deck, some time later i started trying out dragunity and ran with that for a while, i then lost itnerest in yugioh for quite some time before getting back into it (i loose interest in it from time to time) when i came back these things called xyz monsters had apeared all over the place so naturally i tried figuring out how they work and how to fight them, i lost itnerest i nthe game after a while and then got back in shortly before arc-v started airing and here i am

"Tim Drake and I had our differences, but I'll admit he was a great man. Despite his best efforts, over the past few years the Teen Titans have been losers, criminals—a joke. They epitomized what's wrong with this younger generation of so-called heroes—they didn't deserved to be called a "super-team". But we could do better. There are five of us. Five fingers make a fist. Join me... I dare you." - Damian Wayne, Teen titans rebirth.
With great power comes great responsibility
Flip Flapper
Warrior of Love and Justice

Magician Credits : 3822

Character sheet
Bounty0--
Notoriety12001
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Post by α27theDemonKnight on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10 am

Cards themselves are very very interesting to me.
It was not long till I got into card games and I love card games.

I remember watching the first YuGiOh anime on TV once when I was really small. Didn't give too much of a thought to it back then since the actual cards weren't available. A few years later Duel Masters aired and the whole country actually got into that cards and all and I used to play that a lot because I love card games. Later when the PSP came out I got me one and the first game I bought for it were Yu-Gi-Oh GX Tag Force 2. I had no idea what I was into yet at all. All I knew was that I loved card games.

Once I got into the game I played it all the time. I mean sure I played Duel Masters and Pokemon card games but YuGiOh was entirely something else. The cards and mechanics were crazy and interesting. And they have so many cards and combinations to suit almost anyone. Like each deck tells you a different story or something.

So a friend of mine noticed how crazy I was about YuGiOh and he started to give me the animes to watched and I loved the anime so much. Only watched GX and 5Ds properly at my own leisure. I need to rewatch the older ones and possibly watch Zexal and Arc-V.

For some reason I got into Dueling Network and it was like sweet xmas for me there. All the new cards that were released to the world would constantly be updated there. All the cards available to me no monetary restrictions digital or otherwise. I could be as creative as I like! My first deck was Elemental Heroes.

When I got into DN I didnt know what synchros or XYZs were but Synchros were THE force to be reckoned with. I struggled around so much because the experience was entirely different and something else. I wasn't there for the entire Dragon Rulers era because irl got busy. Came back to Qliphorts leaving the worst first impression of an entirely new summoning mechanic, ever.

I guess card games are like a study to me as well. Study of people, what they believe in, their behaviour, their strategies and styles. Study of luck and how it functions. Can get kinda philosophical too lol.

So yeah I got into YuGiOh mostly because of the games and love the anime. First deck E Heroes. Always new and interesting stuff to experience in this game where the struggle is real. Lol.

(Woah. Did I really ramble on for that long? Just look at that huge wall of text o_o)

Because he can take it.
Because he's not our hero.
He's a silent guardian,
a watchful protector.
The Demon Knight"
α27theDemonKnight
The Dragon Destroyer
The Dragon Destroyer

Magician Credits : 7288

Character sheet
Bounty0--
Notoriety3003
Fame000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardog on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm sure a lot of us started off playing this game when we were really young, pretty much along with the original anime running. I didn't start to get good until 2011-2012. That's when Lint and I got into YGO again we both picked up Inzektor and Wind-Ups. He was the Wind-Up player, I played Inzektor. Until the list had hit our main decks super duper hard. By that point we both had said our eulogy for both our decks, and moved on to our signature decks. I moved on to Gem-Knights and Madolche and Lint moved onto Worms and Koa'ki Meiru.

I focus mainly on Madolche and Seraph now ever since Lavalval Chain made Gem-Knights extremely inconsistent. Lint has stayed true to his Worms and Koa'ki Meiru along with adding Aliens to his roster of main decks he uses.

Stardog's Waifu: 「Denko Sekka」

Smash Mains

Showdown Archives: http://pastebin.com/HXZ6M06D
Stardog
Number 17: The Star

Magician Credits : 7140

Character sheet
Bounty
Notoriety30
Fame

Back to top Go down